Any Daft Punk fans here? Page 5

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• Skeptopotamus 11 Dec 2007 16:33:23 265 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just remembered that Daft Punk's remix of The Chemical Brother's 'Life Is Sweet' is somewhere on the list of my favourite tracks ever... so I guess I'll just have to gracefully stop stirring things up and bugger off back to whence I came.
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Dec 2007 16:42:05 23,189 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ahh Daft Punk. Easily the best live act I've ever seen. MESMORISING I TELLS YA.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• JuanKerr 11 Dec 2007 16:44:08 36,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:

Agreed ... although it's impossible for me to say whether they were better than Sigur Ros live. Sigur Ros live were absolutely astonishing, proper spine-chillingly good.
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Dec 2007 16:47:08 23,189 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:

Agreed ... although it's impossible for me to say whether they were better than Sigur Ros live. Sigur Ros live were absolutely astonishing, proper spine-chillingly good.

I'm sure we've been over this, but you saw them at Rock Ness, right?

• JuanKerr 11 Dec 2007 16:48:51 36,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:

I'm sure we've been over this, but you saw them at Rock Ness, right?

Yeah, I'm sure we've been over this too, but hey.

Yes, I saw them at Rock Ness and saw them again the week after at the O2 Festival. Absolutely brilliant.

Saw Sigur Ros last year at the Hammersmith Apollo, then a few months later at the Southampton Apollo.
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Dec 2007 16:54:42 23,189 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ooh O2 festival, nice. I think part of their appeal to me isn't just the music, but their performance. All those lights, then when they lit up red...

And totally agree, they need to be played loud.

• JuanKerr 11 Dec 2007 16:58:18 36,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You're absolutely right - the light show was genuniely impressive (those sort of things usually don't impress me) and the encore in the red suits was brilliant.

I know it's a bit 'gimmicky' but I like the whole robot thing - gives them a sense of mystique and just adds to the whole effect.
  • ecureuil 11 Dec 2007 17:05:17 76,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kindly fuck off all of you. Thx. :)
  • JuanKerr 11 Dec 2007 17:06:19 36,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry, but it really was fucking brilliant.

Don't worry, Daft Punk tour quite oft ...

/ runs
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Dec 2007 17:10:06 23,189 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    Sorry, but it really was fucking brilliant.

Don't worry, Daft Punk tour quite oft ...

/ runs

:D

• jenzwhiz 10 Apr 2008 19:34:22 1 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    yeah... if u like Justin Timberlake , there is a compilation series you should check out called "Euro Club Hits" --

it's pretty clear that dance music is coming back around the world -- just check the recent big American hip-hop and R&B hits which are clear rip-offs of the european dance style.....

here's the direct iTunes link to the "Euro Club Hits" series.....

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol+
  • JuanKerr 11 Apr 2008 10:27:49 36,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm trying to find 'Alive 1997' but can't find it anywhere. I've looked in every high street music shop (including Fopp) and online, but it's rarer than rocking horse shit.

There are a few copies on Amazon marketplace and ebay, but they are either extortionately expensive or second hand.
  • ecureuil 11 Apr 2008 19:29:58 76,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Both of the Alive albums are fantastic.
  • ecureuil 11 Apr 2008 19:41:06 76,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    f3rrari wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:

Thanks. Will pick'em up :)

They're growers, though. Might want to keep that in mind.
  • Deleted user 11 April 2008 19:42:02
    ecureuil wrote:
    f3rrari wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:

What? I've only heard 2007, but it's absolute solid gold. Nothing of the 'grower' about it whatsoever, IMO.
  • ecureuil 11 Apr 2008 19:44:16 76,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    f3rrari wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    f3rrari wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:

I have found Alive 2007. Thats the other one?

The other one is Alive 1997, is all Homework stuff.
  • Deleted user 12 April 2008 15:03:45
    f3rrari wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    f3rrari wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    f3rrari wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:

I have found Alive 2007. Thats the other one?

The other one is Alive 1997, is all Homework stuff.

Alice 2007 costs a small fortune :(

You should be able to find it in HMV/Zavvi or somewhere like that for a normal CD price.
  • Deleted user 12 April 2008 15:06:27
    I just found it for my favourite price.
  • Deleted user 12 April 2008 15:07:13
    MrED209 wrote:
    I just found it for my favourite price.

Nothing?

/pats parrot on shoulder
  • Deleted user 12 April 2008 15:11:13
    7.99 on iTunes Store, silly.
  • Deleted user 12 April 2008 15:15:02
    iTuneslol, IMO.

You can't beat actually having the case and disc.

f3rrari, there's also another version of Alive 2007 which is a photobook and comes with an extra disc, BTW. It's the one I have and it's well worth it, but I don't know how easily available they are now.
  • Deleted user 12 April 2008 15:20:36
    deathgibbon wrote:
    iTuneslol, IMO.

You can't beat actually having the case and disc.

f3rrari, there's also another version of Alive 2007 which is a photobook and comes with an extra disc, BTW. It's the one I have and it's well worth it, but I don't know how easily available they are now.
    I used to feel the same way, and to some extent I still do, but I haven't got the cases and discs for well over 75% of my music now, partly because they're stuffed in some box in an attic in Scotland and will probably never work now anyways, but mostly because I never ever play music that way these days. It comes off my iPod or my computer Airport-Express'd to speakers. To be honest CDs are taking up a vast amount of shelf space in our cosy flat and they never ever get opened or looked at.
  • Deleted user 12 April 2008 15:26:10
    You're right, but I just like having the cases. It makes it feel more like a 'proper' purchase, rather than how throwaway a download feels.

Maybe that's just me. I suppose it's perfectly fine if the album's just okay, but if it's pretty special then I'd really prefer to actually have it (as has happened to me, and I haven't been able to bring myself to buy the CD since).
  • Deleted user 12 April 2008 15:29:07
    deathgibbon wrote:
    You're right, but I just like having the cases. It makes it feel more like a 'proper' purchase, rather than how throwaway a download feels.

Maybe that's just me. I suppose it's perfectly fine if the album's just okay, but if it's pretty special then I'd really prefer to actually have it (as has happened to me, and I haven't been able to bring myself to buy the CD since).
    What happened to you? Don't follow that bit.

I actually agree with you 100% about having the case and CD if you really like the music, but I have to be realistic and I don't have the space for the CDs and it's a waste of resources to buy something I will literally open once - to rip onto my Mac - then leave on a shelf pretty much forevermore.

Living so relentlessly in the real world can be boring sometimes. ;)
  • Deleted user 12 April 2008 15:34:00
    MrED209 wrote:
    deathgibbon wrote:

What happened to you? Don't follow that bit.

I actually agree with you 100% about having the case and CD if you really like the music, but I have to be realistic and I don't have the space for the CDs and it's a waste of resources to buy something I will literally open once - to rip onto my Mac - then leave on a shelf pretty much forevermore.

Living so relentlessly in the real world can be boring sometimes. ;)

What happened was I downloaded an album from iTunes once, totally loved it, it became one of my favourite albums, but I haven't been able to bring myself to buy the actual CD because of the extra cost for something I already have.

And yeah, I couldn't tell you the last time I opened a CD apart from the first time I was ripping it. But it's just nice to have them there anyway. :)
  • Deleted user 12 April 2008 15:37:22
    LOL, scratch that! I typed that there, and put the album into Amazon, and they had 1 vinyl left! I've been looking for the vinyl for ages! \o/

Get in. :D
  • HarryB 12 Apr 2008 20:17:47 6,111 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Alive 2007 is the best thing I've heard for months... and is the only CD in my car.
  • JuanKerr 20 May 2008 14:57:34 36,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Managed to get my hands on Alive 1997 from ebay a few weeks back.

Really raw and far less 'technical' than their newer stuff. I prefer their newer material, but Alive is still one of their best songs, especially the live version.
  • Deleted user 13 November 2008 23:16:25
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 13 November 2008 23:16:25
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 25 First / Last