Any Daft Punk fans here?

• Page

of 25 First / Last

Previous
  • JuanKerr 19 Jun 2007 14:49:49 36,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I saw Daft Punk at Rockness and then a week later at the 02 Wireless festival and they were incredible, never seen a live show like it.

Have been listening to them since Homework and still love them today.

Anyone else catch them in the UK or planning to see them in Europe/US this summer?
  • Deleted user 19 June 2007 14:52:20
    Funnily enough, I've got their Coachella gig from last year on right now.

I've always liked them, but I've started listening to them quite a bit the last week or so. They're brilliant live. :)
  • JuanKerr 19 Jun 2007 14:59:22 36,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Love 'em. Not seeing them live though, can't be bothered.

Be bothered! Honestly, it is a fantastic live show - I saw it twice in a week and am absolutely gagging to see it again.
  • JuanKerr 19 Jun 2007 15:00:50 36,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:

I've always liked them, but I've started listening to them quite a bit the last week or so. They're brilliant live. :)

How strange - I'm listening the that at this very moment too. Just downloaded the 100mb MP3 file and gonna whack it on a CD if I can....

They played some new stuff at the 02 and Rockness, really top stuff.
  • Huntcjna 19 Jun 2007 15:01:16 13,876 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Watched the o2 highlights on Channel 4 the other night and they seemed shit hot live to be fair.
  • The_Aardvark 19 Jun 2007 15:02:12 3,063 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was at Wireless too and was absolutely blown away! I wasn't that bothered about seeing Daft Punk - much more excited about LCD Soundsystem (who got sound troubles and walked off in a huff half way through) but they were absolutely amazing.

Honestly one of the best gigs I've ever seen.

Who else did you see on Saturday JuanKerr?
  • Deleted user 19 June 2007 15:02:49
    JuanKerr wrote:
    deathgibbon wrote:

How strange - I'm listening the that at this very moment too. Just downloaded the 100mb MP3 file and gonna whack it on a CD if I can....

Where did you get the MP3 if you don't mind me asking? I'm just listening to it on YouTube at the moment.

I really enjoy their live stuff because even on just a recording you can feel the atmosphere. Their studio stuff pales in comparison IMO simply because it doesn't have the "oomph" a live show brings. But then again, I feel that about almost every band. :)
  • skuzzbag 19 Jun 2007 15:03:22 5,647 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:

Got a link please? :)
  • Deleted user 19 June 2007 15:03:56
    The_Aardvark wrote:LCD Soundsystem (who got sound troubles and walked off in a huff half way through)

:(

Didn't think James Murphy was like that. Shame.
  • JuanKerr 19 Jun 2007 15:06:38 36,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:

Where did you get the MP3 if you don't mind me asking? I'm just listening to it on YouTube at the moment.

I really enjoy their live stuff because even on just a recording you can feel the atmosphere. Their studio stuff pales in comparison IMO simply because it doesn't have the "oomph" a live show brings. But then again, I feel that about almost every band. :)

Here's the link:

http://www.b3ta.cr3ation.co.uk/site/music-plus/index.php?music=Daft+punk+live

On this page, you get a list of MP3 links, but just click on:

daft-punk-live-coachella-usa-april-2006.mp3 (5th one down)

I just right clicked on the link, chose 'save link as' and it downloaded a 100mb MP3 of the whole set. Really good quality too, sounds like it was professionally recorded.

Edited by JuanKerr at 15:09:30 19-06-2007
  • The_Aardvark 19 Jun 2007 15:07:17 3,063 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:
    The_Aardvark wrote:LCD Soundsystem (who got sound troubles and walked off in a huff half way through)

:(

Didn't think James Murphy was like that. Shame.

To be fair - I say "sound troubles", I mean the main bank of synths and FX machines and whatnot totally giving up the ghost meaning that they basically couldn't play half their tunes. So I can see why they gave up. And they did play Daft Punk, Tribulations and All of My Friends before they ran into problems. So that was OK.
  • Retroid Moderator 19 Jun 2007 15:07:50 44,799 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /Dances like a robot
  • JuanKerr 19 Jun 2007 15:09:14 36,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My link above is a bit fucked. Just type in 'Daft Punk live' in the search box and you'll find the page I was referring to.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2007 15:10:05
    JuanKerr wrote:
    Here's the link

Fixed. \o/

And ta. :)
  • JuanKerr 19 Jun 2007 15:11:18 36,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The_Aardvark wrote:
    I was at Wireless too and was absolutely blown away! I wasn't that bothered about seeing Daft Punk - much more excited about LCD Soundsystem (who got sound troubles and walked off in a huff half way through) but they were absolutely amazing.

Honestly one of the best gigs I've ever seen.

Who else did you see on Saturday JuanKerr?

I agree - that Daft Punk gig was stunning, on a par with Sigur Ros live and better than anything else I've seen.

I didn't see anyone else on Saturday - got free pass from a mate and only arrived about half an hour before Daft Punk. Didn't really bother me because Daft Punk were just so damn good!

Did you catch anyone else?
  • JuanKerr 19 Jun 2007 15:12:40 36,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:
    Here's the link

Fixed. \o/

And ta. :)

Cheers for sorting that out.

Excuse my technical ignorance, but now that I've got the MP3, can I just shove it on a CD? My knowledge of computers is frighteningly limited you see ...
  • LeoliansBro 19 Jun 2007 15:17:42 44,321 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    + a seriously large number for the Daft Punk love. Best. Music. Evah.

Around the world, around the world.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• JuanKerr 19 Jun 2007 15:18:53 36,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Agreed. Currently listening to 'Too Long' live, absolutely brilliant.
  • The_Aardvark 19 Jun 2007 15:19:41 3,063 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:

I agree - that Daft Punk gig was stunning, on a par with Sigur Ros live and better than anything else I've seen.

I didn't see anyone else on Saturday - got free pass from a mate and only arrived about half an hour before Daft Punk. Didn't really bother me because Daft Punk were just so damn good!

Saw a few people. New Young Pony Club were pretty good but a bit lost on the big stage. CSS were better, all shiny costumes and helium balloons and jumping up and down. Digitalism did an awesome hour of tweaking electro in the Xfm tent - not exactly subtle but pretty amazing.
  • skuzzbag 19 Jun 2007 15:20:06 5,647 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thanks for the link and have a general OMFG!

For there is tons on good dj stuff to download from that site
    :)))))) I'm going to rip the back end out of my bandwidth limit this month.

• Deleted user 19 June 2007 15:20:15
    I like the one with the cool guitar solo, aerodynamic is it?
  • JuanKerr 19 Jun 2007 15:22:00 36,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The_Aardvark wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:

Saw a few people. New Young Pony Club were pretty good but a bit lost on the big stage. CSS were better, all shiny costumes and helium balloons and jumping up and down. Digitalism did an awesome hour of tweaking electro in the Xfm tent - not exactly subtle but pretty amazing.

Nice one, might well have to check some of that stuff out when I've finished listening to this Daft Punk set. Cheers.

Caught a band called Soulwax at Rockness - they were on before Daft Punk and I really liked it. Anyone heard of them?
  • JuanKerr 19 Jun 2007 15:22:51 36,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    skuzzbag wrote:
    Thanks for the link and have a general OMFG!

For there is tons on good dj stuff to download from that site
    :)))))) I'm going to rip the back end out of my bandwidth limit this month.

Good site isn't it? You can find pretty much anything on there. Happy downloading!
  • LeoliansBro 19 Jun 2007 15:22:59 44,321 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jonestm wrote:

Yes it is, accompanied with star streaks flying towards the crowd in the live set. Mindblowing.

/has too many mobile phone videos from Rockness

Aardvark, you loving CSS? Seem groovy but fear they're a bit flash in the pan. Had some serious playtime in a club in Bristol over the weekend, good fun to dance to.

• The_Aardvark 19 Jun 2007 15:24:01 3,063 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    What LCD Soundsystem then?

This. Kind of indie techno. That one's a bit soppier than most of their stuff actually, but I love it. It was the last song I listened to before I went to bed at 5:30 on Sunday morning.

"And if the sun comes up and we still don't want to stagger home / it's the memory of our betters that keep us on our feet"

\o/
  • JuanKerr 19 Jun 2007 15:24:05 36,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jonestm wrote:

Could be Digital Love ...
  • LeoliansBro 19 Jun 2007 15:29:20 44,321 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yup, go be buying Soulwax: Nite Versions immediately. If you were around SW London on Sunday evening you could have heard me in my car a mile off. Brilliant tunes.

• JuanKerr 19 Jun 2007 15:30:53 36,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Leolian'sBro wrote:
    Yup, go be buying Soulwax: Nite Versions immediately. If you were around SW London on Sunday evening you could have heard me in my car a mile off. Brilliant tunes.

Will have to pick that up asap ...

• figgis 19 Jun 2007 15:39:00 7,376 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love Homework, but the last album was wank i thought. Saw them at the Que Club in Brum about ten years ago and they were ace.

Along the same lines the Digitalism album is well worth getting if you like Homework. The Justice album is also supposed to be good as well.
  • JuanKerr 19 Jun 2007 15:41:56 36,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    figgis wrote:
    I love Homework, but the last album was wank i thought. Saw them at the Que Club in Brum about ten years ago and they were ace.

Along the same lines the Digitalism album is well worth getting if you like Homework. The Justice album is also supposed to be good as well.

The last album is massively under-rated in my opinion partly because it's not an easy album to get into. Also, when you hear it live, it makes more sense and sounds amazing.

Digitalism, eh? I'll have to check that out.
  • Page

of 25 First / Last

Previous