Jade Raymond Page 2

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• NewYork 16 Jun 2007 21:49:08 24,838 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    She is a bit nice, it has to be said!
    If AATG gets an interview with her, I'll gladly do the honours. If you're busy, or something.

Set it up, please ;_;
  • otto Moderator 16 Jun 2007 21:55:24 49,298 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    NewYork wrote:
    Some mod change it before she sees it and hates me ;_;
    I will not.

She's mine I tell you.

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• otto Moderator 16 Jun 2007 21:58:06 49,298 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Art_Vandelay wrote:
    The reason people have a beard is because they're lazy....having a neatly trimmed (proper) beard is a bit of an oxymoron isn't it?

like shitting yourself then wiping everywhere except the hole.
    You want the thread title changed to butter her up, cos when she finds this thread and reads it, this post is going to endear you to her isn't it?

edit - oops sorry, always getting Art & NY mixed up! :(

Edited by otto at 21:59:09 16-06-2007

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• SeesThroughAll 16 Jun 2007 21:59:13 1,689 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lol

I'm surprised nobody showed up here calling you lot "stupid imature slobs" yet.
  • NewYork 16 Jun 2007 22:04:33 24,838 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    otto wrote:
    edit - oops sorry, always getting Art & NY mixed up! :(
    Not nice. :(
  • otto Moderator 16 Jun 2007 22:07:24 49,298 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm sorry!

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• GrandpaUlrira 16 Jun 2007 22:07:26 3,753 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    lol

I'm surprised nobody showed up here calling you lot "stupid immature slobs" yet.

Me too.

/waits.
    /hopes it doesn't take too long.
    /puts the kettle on.

She is mighty purty-looking though... dammit.
  • Deleted user 16 June 2007 22:10:15
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    lol

I'm surprised nobody showed up here calling you lot "stereotypical gamers" yet.

Fixed.

Edited by Gremmi at 22:10:33 16-06-2007
  • Load_2.0 16 Jun 2007 22:12:40 18,934 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There is only one obvious solution.

A Eurogamer battle to the death using traditional Vulcan weapons, a la episode 30 of Star Trek -Amok Time.

With that distinctive music being piped through the speakers at the Herne Hill velodrome and everyone armed with a replica Vulcan lirpa, how could she not be overcome with passion for the victor!?!
  • Tonka 16 Jun 2007 22:15:17 20,023 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mouse wrote:
    What if you just prefer the taste of Diet Coke? I do.

The thought never crossed my mind. I can't stand the taste of artificial sweetener myself. But since it is a taste of course there must be people like yourself who prefere it.

Nex there will be someone claiming to like powder bearnaise...

@NewYork: You should set your avatar to a nice mugshot of yourself. That way Jade will see what a strapping young lad you are and send ypu a personal message next time she's on EG.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• GrandpaUlrira 16 Jun 2007 22:24:06 3,753 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I must admit though, joking aside, it is a shame that she can't do her job without people remarking how good looking she is. I would be pretty annoyed if women kept pointing out how handsome I am...
  • SeesThroughAll 16 Jun 2007 22:24:57 1,689 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GrandpaUlrira wrote:
    I must admit though, joking aside, it is a shame that she can't do her job without people remarking how good looking she is. I would be pretty annoyed if women kept pointing out how handsome I am...

I got used to it, actually... :p
  • NewYork 16 Jun 2007 22:25:49 24,838 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If it helps, I don't know what her job is. And it's outside of work hours.

/sighs
  • Derblington 16 Jun 2007 22:29:53 21,331 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GrandpaUlrira wrote:
    :)

As long as people actually know what she does and don't only know her because of her looks I think it's ok.

Edited by Derblington at 22:30:34 16-06-2007
  • Aretak 16 Jun 2007 22:32:16 10,345 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    mouse wrote:
    But TaB Clear just tastes like Coke to me. Total gimmick.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that's exactly what it was - clear coke, no?
    Definetly not. TaB Clear had a very distinct taste of its own, despite being marketed as "clear Coke". It was a very artificial and chemically taste, but I loved it. I'd be very happy if Coke or Diet Coke did taste the same, but alas...
  • GrandpaUlrira 16 Jun 2007 22:36:00 3,753 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Derblington wrote:

As long as people actually know what she does and don't only know her because of her looks I think it's ok.

Yeah, I've been joining in the fun too, but I do feel sorry for her or any woman in male-dominated industries, because it is somewhat patronising, and to be fair she must be really good at what she does to be producing a AAA title at her age (at least, she doesn't look that old), and it's probably hard when most of the guys are probably like us.
  • Flightrisker 16 Jun 2007 22:38:58 18,096 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    2 pages of a badly titled Jade Raymond thread and only 1 photo?!
  • SeesThroughAll 16 Jun 2007 22:40:02 1,689 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GrandpaUlrira wrote:
    Derblington wrote:

Yeah, I've been joining in the fun too, but I do feel sorry for her or any woman in male-dominated industries, because it is somewhat patronising, and to be fair she must be really good at what she does to be producing a AAA title at her age (at least, she doesn't look that old), and it's probably hard when most of the guys are probably like us.

Now, I'm pretty sure that this is not the case for her, because from her interviews you can tell she knows what she's talking about, and that she probably really enjoys this kind of work, but I've seen many, many times women using their looks for career advantage. I'd say pretty women enjoy positive discrimination VERY often.

Edited by SeesThroughAll at 22:41:30 16-06-2007
  • Micro_Explosion 16 Jun 2007 22:40:48 9,695 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Smiling again. She's a happy lass isn't she?

Edit: Oops.

Edited by Micro_Explosion at 22:41:56 16-06-2007
  • Deleted user 16 June 2007 22:41:37
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    Now, I'm pretty sure that this is not the case for her, because from her interviews you can tell she knows what she's talking about, and that she probably really enjoys this kind of work, but I've seen many, many times women using their looks for career advantage. I'd would say pretty women enjoy positive discrimination VERY often.

I'd argue that in this instance it's Ubisoft using her looks to generate interest.
  • Micro_Explosion 16 Jun 2007 22:42:58 9,695 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    I'd argue that in this instance it's Ubisoft using her looks to generate interest.

Where's stevas when we need him...I'll stand in this one time.

FUCK YOU UBISOFT
  • Derblington 16 Jun 2007 22:43:36 21,331 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GrandpaUlrira wrote:
    I kind of agree but tbh I think the people she works with, judging by the people I've worked with, would be absolutely fine with her. My gaming industry co-workers are the best people in the world. We (the internet public) are just arseholes.

She's 31/2. Judging from the companies and things she's worked on she's very good at her job (not that she'd ever need to blag an interview).
  • SeesThroughAll 16 Jun 2007 22:43:48 1,689 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    Now, I'm pretty sure that this is not the case for her, because from her interviews you can tell she knows what she's talking about, and that she probably really enjoys this kind of work, but I've seen many, many times women using their looks for career advantage. I'd would say pretty women enjoy positive discrimination VERY often.

I agree, I get that impression too. But the game itself looks damn impressive as it is. Ubisoft shouldn't need such cheap marketing.
  • Derblington 16 Jun 2007 22:48:20 21,331 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    Gremmi wrote:

I agree, I get that impression too. But the game itself looks damn impressive as it is. Ubisoft shouldn't need such cheap marketing.
    I wouldn't agree with that at all. She's a producer on a game that's getting a shit load of attention on it's own and she's one of two people who will be asked regularly about it (the other being beardy Patrice Desilets). It's her job.
  • Deleted user 16 June 2007 22:49:46
    Derblington wrote:
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    Gremmi wrote:

I wouldn't agree with that at all. She's a producer on a game that's getting a shit load of attention on it's own and she's one of two people who will be asked regularly about it (the other being beardy Patrice Desilets). It's her job.

Odd, I don't see dozens of photographs of most producers doing interviews.
  • Derblington 16 Jun 2007 22:51:40 21,331 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    Odd, I don't see dozens of photographs of most producers doing interviews.
    Producers do plenty of interviews and behind-the-scenes bits. She does have a lot of photos taken but that's teh gaming press, not Ubisoft.
  • SeesThroughAll 16 Jun 2007 22:56:46 1,689 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wouldn't think Ubisoft objects though, do they?
  • Derblington 16 Jun 2007 23:04:46 21,331 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    Wouldn't think Ubisoft objects though, do they?
    I doubt it, though I don't think it really does them any favours. If people think she's hot they don't care that she the probucer on AC, they just look at her pictures. And I don't think people are asking to talk about AC just to take pictures of her.

I imagine editorial teams all draw straws to who does the interviews but the game's press and her press are very different. I don't think Ubi really care.
  • NewYork 16 Jun 2007 23:06:38 24,838 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, that's for the industry to worry about. I think members of the public are allowed to like her.

/stares
  • SeesThroughAll 16 Jun 2007 23:10:16 1,689 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    True, Derlington. The fact is, the game always looked damn sexy to me before I ever heard of Raymond.

But of course, the fact that she's lovely is not a bad thing... :o)
  • Page

of 5 First / Last