Hitman Movie Page 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

• PearOfAnguish 11 Oct 2007 13:40:57 7,137 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is not encouraging news. Also: an R-rated version of Die Hard 4? Hopefully that'll see the light of day.
  • Hunam 11 Oct 2007 13:43:06 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I remember DH4 was cut down loads, i heard rumblings of a directors cut, but it's all a little... well, lets just say movie companies are fucking cunts that never give the audience what they want.
  • Scurrminator 11 Oct 2007 13:46:20 8,377 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    the dvd of die hard 4 has all the swearing and some other bits placed back in - 30 f words - some blood splats, neck breaking sounds.
    some guy emailed the bbfc to ask what was different.
    Also note on the bbfc site instead of one use of strong language now it just says strong language and bloody voilence or something like that - yippie kay ay!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• PearOfAnguish 11 Oct 2007 13:54:18 7,137 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bloody violence - always the mark of a good movie.
  • BanjoMan 11 Oct 2007 14:33:56 13,730 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    'twill be shite. Guaranteed plop.

PSN: BanjoFett
    XBL: Banjo Fett

• Cloudane 11 Oct 2007 14:44:50 1,974 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Doesn't this piece of the article PearOfAuguish posted make you feel extremely pissed off?

After being hired to shoot an adaptation of the ultra-violent video game Gens took Asian action films such as The Killer and A Bittersweet Life as his starting point and turned in an explicitly violent, very bloody cut of the film that apparently included a number of head shots and extreme gore moments that would have guaranteed the film a hard R rating.

Which really shouldn’t have been any sort of surprise if the studio execs had been paying any attention at all - it’s not like they wouldn’t have seen the dailies or effects work ahead of time - but apparently after seeing Gens’ cut of the film the studio removed him from the project and placed Nicolas De Toth in control of a new edit of the film.

Who’s De Toth? He’s the man behind the edit of Live Free Or Die Hard, a job he was hired for specifically to turn in an entirely bloodless version of the film and word is that this is his task with Hit Man as well.

So what are we going to get? A bloodless version of the film assembled with no input whatsoever from Gens.

Why do movie studios continue to let this happen?

If there ever happens to be another proper Alien or Terminator film, it doesn't matter how close you get to the original source material, the movie studio will rip it to pieces and ask them to make a teenage version.

It is absolutely fucking woeful behaviour.
  • PearOfAnguish 11 Oct 2007 15:21:47 7,137 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And, as the article points out, slightly odd considering this is the same studio that has made a big deal about Alien vs Predator 2 being a huge gorefest.
  • oceanmotion 11 Oct 2007 15:26:06 15,647 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    And, as the article points out, slightly odd considering this is the same studio that has made a big deal about Alien vs Predator 2 being a huge gorefest.

Not released yet so could see the same fate. I'm I right in thinking the studio plan it all along to cut it but keep hush hush ?

That must be hugely infuriating to be the director and find that out once your finished. I don't think these will go unnoticed by other directors.
  • Hunam 11 Oct 2007 15:29:55 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just imagine what John Rambo would be like under this guy:

/opening credits

WAR IS BAD!

/rambo looks angry for an hour and a half
    /closing credits
  • Hunam 11 Oct 2007 15:30:43 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    WooHoo!!! wrote:
    PearOfAnguish wrote:

Not released yet so could see the same fate. I'm I right in thinking the studio plan it all along to cut it but keep hush hush ?

That must be hugely infuriating to be the director and find that out once your finished. I don't think these will go unnoticed by other directors.

Isn't there a directors guild for this very reason? Then again, he might not be part of it as they are just as bad with their rules these days.
  • PearOfAnguish 12 Oct 2007 12:22:10 7,137 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gens is still onboard and it's going to be violent. Now all they have to do is make it be not shit.
  • pjmaybe 15 Nov 2007 11:38:44 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Saw the trailer. Actually didn't look that shit. VERY nice in HD.

Who the hell is the woman in the trailer. I mean that has to rate as the best gratuitous glimpse of a thong in a movie trailer EVER.

Peej
  • pjmaybe 15 Nov 2007 11:40:55 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oooh!

Olga Kurylenko!

Peej
  • Deleted user 18 November 2007 18:52:24
    He's far, far too babyfaced for the role.
  • Lutz 18 Nov 2007 18:52:24 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He needed to lose a few pounds for certain.

Any word on when this is out?
  • Khanivor 19 Nov 2007 18:34:00 40,374 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They're promoting the hell out of this on US TV at the moment. The various trailers look pretty good. Seems like it might pay enough respect to its origins without dragging its knuckles. Almost tempted to go see it at the pictures when it comes out on Wednesday.
  • funkyd 19 Nov 2007 18:36:40 7,522 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    But the guy is a faggot!
  • Onny 19 Nov 2007 18:42:33 5,697 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    funkyd wrote:
    But the guy is a faggot!
    Ever seen Deadwood? He's good in that. Lots of simmering rage at times, too.

This could be good! Even though the odds are it won't be :(
  • Dirtbox 19 Nov 2007 18:48:18 77,462 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm almost tempted to download this.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• JYM60 19 Nov 2007 19:25:23 16,783 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Film could be good but that guy is a twat.

47 is meant to be a cunt with no feelings this guy seems a bit soppy, and is there really going to be a love interest!

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• SuperZ 29 Nov 2007 17:24:41 1,018 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Urgh.

Saw this last night...and it's utter shit. Sorry. Completely tramples on the character that's been built up in the games and, without getting too spoilerific, there are a couple of really stupid moments. The cinema was laughing out loud in a couple of fights due to the shoddiness of it all.

Also some proper Die Hard 4 style awful dubbing and it seemed to be edited by a clown with stumps for hands.

So, avoid then. If you want a cool Hitman story, just play the awesome Blood Money.

[edit] Forgot to mention, the love angle may be ridiculous but it's worth it for her steaming hotness and her absolute refusal to wear any underwear.
  • twelveways 29 Nov 2007 17:29:41 3,844 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:
    Film could be good but that guy is a twat.

47 is meant to be a cunt with no feelings this guy seems a bit soppy, and is there really going to be a love interest!

He does have feelings though as he avenges the vicars death in 2.
    He flirts with Diana too.
  • HarryB 29 Nov 2007 17:50:32 6,111 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    a random foreigner would have been better, I think. A famous face ruins it.
  • CosmicFuzz 29 Nov 2007 17:50:43 23,166 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yup Empire gave it a terrible, terrible review.

Avoid.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• HarryB 1 Dec 2007 22:17:45 6,111 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I saw it tonight. It was pretty good, I thought.

Entirely ridiculous but I enjoyed watching it. Also, that girl in it likes to get naked so it's not all awful.
  • Errol 1 Dec 2007 23:24:09 12,454 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SuperZ wrote:
    [edit] Forgot to mention, the love angle may be ridiculous but it's worth it for her steaming hotness and her absolute refusal to wear any underwear.

Pics?
  • The-Old-Bill 1 Dec 2007 23:36:41 5,101 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's watchable, if not good. Doesn't do 47 justice, but it doesn't piss on his grave.
  • SuperZ 2 Dec 2007 00:57:56 1,018 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    SuperZ wrote:

Pics?

Olga Kurylenko (NSFW)

(and another)

Strangely couldn't find any stills from the movie, but they'll turn up eventually.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last