Heavy Rain Page 98

• Page

of 99 First / Last

• CosmicFuzz 18 Aug 2011 07:37:04 25,302 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No more DLC. They stopped to make the move edition, then went onto their next project.

The taxidermist isn't even proper canon. It's the tech demo they used to show it off to the press isn't it? I heard it had one of the characters from Heavy Rain as a different person or something?

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• Bombonera 8 Feb 2012 09:56:53 345 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I completed and Platinumed Heavy Rain ages ago, but there is something else I would like to do, that I have never been able to. Do you guys remember the little piece of origami paper that comes with the standard edition of the game? You are supposed to fold it into the origami bird as depicted on the front cover of the game box. I gave up on it when I first got the game as I simply could not do it for the life of me. I've decided to have another go at it and I've just been looking for instructional videos on youtube. I found one, but it's not useful unfortunately as it's designed for the US version of the game. The paper seems to be different in the US version compared to the PAL release, which I have. Anyone know of a decent tutorial on how to do it?

Edited by Bombonera at 09:57:37 08-02-2012
  • Ranger_Ryu 9 Feb 2012 13:06:53 1,087 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    No more DLC. They stopped to make the move edition, then went onto their next project.

The taxidermist isn't even proper canon. It's the tech demo they used to show it off to the press isn't it? I heard it had one of the characters from Heavy Rain as a different person or something?
    Not really it's just Madison Investigating a lead on the Origami Killer for her job as a journalist
  • Kill_Crazy 9 Feb 2012 14:16:01 2,367 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bombonera wrote:
    I completed and Platinumed Heavy Rain ages ago, but there is something else I would like to do, that I have never been able to. Do you guys remember the little piece of origami paper that comes with the standard edition of the game? You are supposed to fold it into the origami bird as depicted on the front cover of the game box. I gave up on it when I first got the game as I simply could not do it for the life of me. I've decided to have another go at it and I've just been looking for instructional videos on youtube. I found one, but it's not useful unfortunately as it's designed for the US version of the game. The paper seems to be different in the US version compared to the PAL release, which I have. Anyone know of a decent tutorial on how to do it?
    Doesn't it show you how to do it as game installs? You might try deleting game data and starting game from scratch.
  • GREASYL0VER 1 Mar 2012 02:27:24 127 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've started playing this again with Move controls and have to say that it adds to the game immeasurably.

Really enjoying playing through it again and Move makes things a lot more intuitive.

It might have just overtaken Skyward Sword as my favourite "motion" controlled game.
  • Deleted user 5 March 2012 21:45:40
    Going to have to play this again. I've completed it 3 times already. During the 1st playthrough I manged to free myself from the car during the scrapyard scene. Since then I've never managed it. I've yet to experience some of the better endings.
  • MetalDog 5 Mar 2012 21:51:48 23,861 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I got as far as the kids in the building site and gave up due to a variety of disappointments with the thing - not least because I (correctly as I later discovered) deduced the killer on the basis that he was was the only character with a personality deeper than a puddle that seemed to be a rational human being. The only character I could stand pretty much had to be the one.

That and all the teeth-brushing, juice-pouring, cupboard opening nonsense. Arg. Nice idea, but the execution... didn't do it for me.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Red-Moose 5 Mar 2012 21:57:57 5,346 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's not so much finding the killer as the how the individual characters succeed or failed in their own story. Life is a journey, not a destination.
  • MetalDog 5 Mar 2012 22:01:56 23,861 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yes, but mostly it was the journey of a bunch of idiots =)
    I really, really wanted to love it, I was so disappointed that I didn't. If you loved it, you're better off than I am.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• King_Edward 5 Mar 2012 22:07:31 11,466 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I actually wish there was a lot more cupboard opening. The Taxidermist dlc was much more the sort of thing I was after.
  • Deleted user 6 August 2012 21:49:10
    Simply outstanding game. Best thing on the PS3.
    Wasn't too sure at first but just suddenly grabbed me and wouldn't let go.
    Unique.
    Some argue its not really a game but I don't care, it was magical.
  • dominalien 6 Aug 2012 22:40:42 7,027 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's good, but best thing? Hmmmm... :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• Deleted user 7 August 2012 08:32:40
    Graveland wrote:
    It's easily in my 'Top 5 Games Ever' category. No game has managed to move me quite like Heavy Rain. You either get submerged and overwhelmed by the rain-swept melancholy and haunting atmosphere (perfectly accompanied by the sparse, poignant piano of the soundtrack), or you unfortunately fail to 'get' it. A masterpiece and a work of art.

I've completed it once, and will never play it again. It's an experience to treasure, and like valued treasure should not be tarnished or debased by whimsical exposition.
    pretty much my feelings about it, won't play it again.

Never cared so much about characters.
  • Stranded87 7 Aug 2012 12:05:41 933 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    It's easily in my 'Top 5 Games Ever' category. No game has managed to move me quite like Heavy Rain. You either get submerged and overwhelmed by the rain-swept melancholy and haunting atmosphere (perfectly accompanied by the sparse, poignant piano of the soundtrack), or you unfortunately fail to 'get' it. A masterpiece and a work of art.

I've completed it once, and will never play it again. It's an experience to treasure, and like valued treasure should not be tarnished or debased by whimsical exposition.
    I loved the style and atmosphere and even the gameplay, as limited as it was. But the writing and in particular the conclusion was not up to much imo which in such a story heavy game is quite a problem. The story in Fahrenheit completely collapsed in the last section as well, David Cage just doesn't seem very good at endings.

In my experience this is the problem a lot of people have with it and I don't think finding the story dross is failing to 'get' it.

I like the game a lot, but it's some way short of a masterpiece in my eyes.
  • matrim83 20 Aug 2012 16:13:42 5,597 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So I started this up and there is a 1GB patch waiting. Thing is though, cause of the rain my net is all fucked up and PSN wont resume patch downloads.

Is there anything good in that patch (if there is I can grab it at work) or is it just useless PS move support and stuff?

Valar morghulis.

• X201 20 Aug 2012 16:29:14 15,680 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    matrim83 wrote:
    So I started this up and there is a 1GB patch waiting. Thing is though, cause of the rain my net is all fucked up and PSN wont resume patch downloads.

Is there anything good in that patch (if there is I can grab it at work) or is it just useless PS move support and stuff?
    New menus + other things were fixed as well as the Move support IIRC
  • andijames 28 Aug 2012 13:36:34 2,838 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep just started this game again using move and it makes it a totally different game. LOVING it :)

vivir el momento

• dominalien 28 Aug 2012 14:52:02 7,027 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, the move is very good here.

PSN: DonOsito

• NewbieZilla 20 Jan 2013 13:36:17 239 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not going to read the thread for fear of spoilers, but I'll be getting a PS3 later today. One of the games I intend to buy will be Heavy Rain. Is it worth playing it with Move or am I better off playing with a regular controller?
  • Deleted user 20 January 2013 13:37:12
    I'm not sure as not played with move, was fine with pad and one of my favourite games.
  • greg_wha 20 Jan 2013 14:10:00 192 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @NewbieZilla Really good with or without. I'd say don't bother cos there isn't much else worth playing with Move and you can get a couple of old classics for the price of the controller.
  • Psychotext 20 Jan 2013 14:11:13 54,779 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pad.

But if you've already shelled out for Move (idiot! ;) then you might as well give it a go.
  • NewbieZilla 20 Jan 2013 14:19:06 239 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok, pad it is.

Heck, I haven't even shelled out for a PS3 yet. I saw a 120 GB going with 6 games for 200 euros (second hand)

Call of Duty World at War
    Call of Duty MW2
    Call of Duty MW3
    Call of Duty Black Ops
    Grand Theft Auto IV (Maps)
    Red Dead Redemption (Maps)

I haven't met up to buy it yet, that'll be toinght. Haven't even ordered Heavy Rain yet. I did order Ni no Kuni and Tales of Graces F though. I bought a copy of MGS 4 back at a time I had access to a PS3, but that's in another city.
  • NewbieZilla 20 Jan 2013 19:41:59 239 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got the PS3 but it highlights a weakness of my TV. I currently had my PC and my 360 going through my TV via HDMI. My TV having only two HDMI slots isn't ideal.

And like my 360, I'll not be getting my PS3 online where I'm at. Kinda predicted that one though.
  • eleven63 18 Jun 2013 17:11:54 1,625 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just finished this, wow - and as one who has children it made a very uncomfortable gaming experience.

Edited by eleven63 at 17:12:16 18-06-2013

Edited by eleven63 at 17:12:43 18-06-2013

Follow me on Twitter @mattwaring

• Psychotext 18 Jun 2013 17:20:15 54,779 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kids walked in when you were waggling to the shower scene didn't they.
  • eleven63 18 Jun 2013 20:34:31 1,625 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Psychotext worse, the 'other' scene... joking aside, this is a tough game to play

Follow me on Twitter @mattwaring

• MrSensible 18 Jun 2013 20:37:15 25,290 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Was looking at picking this up for my new PS3 and I see there is a 'normal' version and a 'Move' version on Amazon. Is the Move Version perfectly playable with a pad still? It's cheaper!
  • X201 18 Jun 2013 20:39:18 15,680 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is no difference.
    Normal will download a patch that turns it into the Move version.
  • Page

of 99 First / Last