Saw a horrific attack last night whilst on the bus

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Dougs 29 Apr 2007 08:36:19 69,498 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Was on my way back from London last night on the bus. We got to the top of Brixton Hill (my old bus stop before I moved), when there was a big commotion. Looked out the window to see some bloke batter someone else with a table leg (with the screws still in). He was seriously fucked. A load of us rang the police/ambulance etc. There were a few other people with victm, and the ambulance was there in about 15 mins.

No idea whether he is OK though, been searching for news this morning but can't see anything, which has to be good news. I got a decent look at the bloke that did it, so want to help if I can in some way -might call Crimestoppers. Really horrifying.
  • Errol 29 Apr 2007 09:04:53 12,553 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You should probably call the police directly if you saw the attack and/or the assailant clearly.

Witnesses could prove invaluable.
  • funkyd 29 Apr 2007 09:23:36 7,522 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thats bad mate, just do what Errol said and hope this asshole gets what he deserves.
  • Timmy 29 Apr 2007 09:42:46 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't know what I did last night but I woke up covered in blood with a table leg laying besides me in my bed.

Mustve been a good night as I usually only come back with a traffic cone!
  • Dougs 29 Apr 2007 10:12:40 69,498 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, I've just rang it in and they're going to pass it onto the station. Just have to wait and see if they get back to me I guess.

• Dougs 29 Apr 2007 10:26:33 69,498 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, really unpleasant. I was a bit pissed, which helped. I can't wait to move out of London, had enough of all this shite. It can't have been random, as not many people wander the streets with a fucking table leg, but still There is always the "could have been me" thoughts.

I've got a suspicion that the assailant works in the Indian restaurant opposite. Was wearing a white shirt with a black waist-coat. Won't be going there again...!

The fact that I can't find out any news about it makes me hopeful that the bloke is (relatively) OK.
  • Timmy 29 Apr 2007 10:37:23 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Timmy wrote:
    I don't know what I did last night but I woke up covered in blood with a table leg laying besides me in my bed.

Mustve been a good night as I usually only come back with a traffic cone!

Joking aside, I rang the police a few Weeks ago after hearing a male voice shouting "I'm gonna fuckin' rape you." This was followed by a woman screaming and crying. This was on top of a multi storey car park.
    I rang the cops and they said "oh, it's probably nothing....i'll see if there's anyone in the area."

I waited around for about 25 minutes for somebody to arrive and got off.
    The police are a complete waste of time.
    If i'd said "and I think he's got a gun..." they'd be round there like a shot.
  • ScoutTech 29 Apr 2007 10:41:17 2,425 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Prob told this before but on the note I heard a great one about an old lady whose house was being robbed. She had heard noises and it was something like the 3rd time in a year. So she phones the police who say "Ok, we'll get a car round but will probably be a 45 minute wait". She calmly replies, "don't worry then I'll get my gun and shoot them and hangs up". Within 5 minutes she has 3 patrol cars round and the guys are nabbed. Didn't hear if anything happened to her though!
  • smoothpete 29 Apr 2007 10:43:03 31,826 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    I've got a suspicion that the assailant works in the Indian restaurant opposite. Was wearing a white shirt with a black waist-coat. Won't be going there again...!
    Lesson - always leave a good tip
  • Timmy 29 Apr 2007 10:44:58 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Lesson - always leave a good tip

Recommend the place to Jade Goody.
  • MrSensible 29 Apr 2007 10:45:50 25,366 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ScoutTech wrote:
    Prob told this before but on the note I heard a great one about an old lady whose house was being robbed. She had heard noises and it was something like the 3rd time in a year. So she phones the police who say "Ok, we'll get a car round but will probably be a 45 minute wait". She calmly replies, "don't worry then I'll get my gun and shoot them and hangs up". Within 5 minutes she has 3 patrol cars round and the guys are nabbed. Didn't hear if anything happened to her though!

Bloody hell!

My mate's missus works for the police and she informed me that the wording you use on the phone is extremely important. I can't remember the exact details but, for example, if you say some of your things have been stolen it means something totally different to saying you've been robbed. Something like that anyway.

Bad example, but the wording is really important.

Edited by thefilthandthefury at 10:47:55 29-04-2007
  • Rinoa 29 Apr 2007 13:58:21 39 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Who the hell is going to stop and think about their wording to the police when they've just witnessed something horrific and are still in a state of shock?

The Police Force are absolutely fucking useless.
  • plok 29 Apr 2007 14:04:11 1,296 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rinoa wrote:

Fair enough, and I understand where you are coming from, but they really don't have an easy job and I know I for one couldn't go in an make sudden improvements I wouldn't know where to start and I'm sure everyone else would be the same.

The problems lie more with society than the police force, people beating people up and robbing elderly they are the people who are fucking useless.

Saying that capital punishment would soon sort them out.
  • Deleted user 29 April 2007 14:07:58
    Timmy wrote:

boom-tis
  • Trowel 29 Apr 2007 14:12:01 18,054 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Strange evening everywhere - I was walking past a seemingly quiet pub at about 7pm when all of a sudden a bloke came flying out of a (previously closed) window, glass everywhere. He sort of hung halfway out for 30 secs without moving before being dragged back inside.
  • Load_2.0 29 Apr 2007 14:45:39 19,670 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Big pub fight in Hammersmith over the weekend. Bout 15 to 20 people apparently. Second hand story so bit short on the details. Wasn't even a fullmoon must be the weather, crazying up the blood.
  • Timmy 29 Apr 2007 14:59:38 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Art_Vandelay wrote:
    Timmy wrote:

boom-tis

As soon as i wrote that I did think it was a bit puntastic tbh. :)
  • brokenkey 29 Apr 2007 19:00:34 7,154 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    plok wrote:
    Rinoa wrote:

Isn't hanging policeman a bit harsh? I mean, they only at the station eating donut...

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• SirScratchalot 29 Apr 2007 19:06:33 7,877 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shit Dougs, just try to remember that most of us are relatively sane and call the cops and tell them you're a witness. It'll be a bit of a hassle but you might eventually see this bastard in jail.

Anyway, did I say shit?
  • plok 29 Apr 2007 19:08:51 1,296 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    plok wrote:
    Rinoa wrote:

Isn't hanging policeman a bit harsh? I mean, they only at the station eating donut...

Donuts you paid for (with youre taxes)...think about it :-)
  • Clive_Dunn 29 Apr 2007 19:50:07 4,788 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Strange evening everywhere - I was walking past a seemingly quiet pub at about 7pm when all of a sudden a bloke came flying out of a (previously closed) window, glass everywhere. He sort of hung halfway out for 30 secs without moving before being dragged back inside.

Personally I just find scripted events in FPS's boring these days.
  • spindizzy 29 Apr 2007 21:32:52 6,610 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    plok wrote:
    The problems lie more with society than the police force, people beating people up and robbing elderly they are the people who are fucking useless.

Why not! After all, it's thanks to capital punishment that the States has such a low crime rate...

0_o

• piratebrido 3 May 2007 09:53:06 123 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He probably deserved it.
  • Dougs 3 May 2007 10:00:37 69,498 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    piratebrido wrote:
    He probably deserved it.

Prick. I'll show you claret that's on the pavement eh?
  • DaM 3 May 2007 10:49:54 13,529 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I once ran 999 to report a junkie lassie who had staggered out of a car that had crashed into my neighbours car in our flats car park. Tried to get her to stay, but she legged it. I did not expect much from them, but within 2 minutes there was 2 squad cars going at full tilt, and the police helicopter buzzing overhead.

I also once so a guy smashed over the head with a bottle in the street after closing time. He hit the ground like a sack of tatties, and stayed there. So I did the decent thing and rang the ambulance.

10 minutes later, just as I could hear the sirens coming, the bloke stood up, pushed his way through the crowd around him, and ran down the street.....
  • piratebrido 3 May 2007 11:09:36 123 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dougs wrote:

Prick. I'll show you claret that's on the pavement eh?

Say again?

Edited by piratebrido at 12:22:39 03-05-2007
  • Dougs 3 May 2007 12:58:48 69,498 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    piratebrido wrote:

Say again?

Edited by piratebrido at 12:22:39 03-05-2007

Well, it looked to me like you were saying the person in my OP deserved to have his head caved in by a table leg. Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick and all.
  • jellyhead 3 May 2007 13:05:44 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Actually i think the poor bloke in the OP got the wrong end of the stick.

I'm going to Hell for that aren't i?

This signature intentionally left blank.

• piratebrido 3 May 2007 14:14:20 123 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dougs wrote:

Well, it looked to me like you were saying the person in my OP deserved to have his head caved in by a table leg. Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick and all.

I was. I am just pointing out that we know none of the facts. If the OP had been about some guy beating the man that raped his 11 year old son with a table leg with screws in it then most of the posts would have been "Good, hope the bastard dies" or along those lines.

We don't know nothing. The guy could have robed and beaten his granny, or called his pint a poof.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous