God of War !?!?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Orchid 27 Apr 2007 16:22:27 45 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I loved god of war. I played through it loads of times, it was just one of those games that is great fun. However, all of a sudden its decided to take the piss out of me...

I havent got a new playstation, the disc has no scratches on it. Nothing that could be by stupidity on my behalf, and then... the game stops working. When i put the disc in now, instead of the disc whurring like you'd expect when a game on PS2 starts up i get a series of clicks. Annoying bastard clicks. As annoying as that is, I can live with it, after all i did get my moneys worth.

However, now comes the point of my post here. I got the second one today, i was working on some uni research and i was starting to get a bit overwhelmed. So i thought to my self, "i know ill go and have a break and have a go on god of war 2, just for a bit".

Turned my playstation on, no problems there. Take off those stupid stickers on the games you buy from GAME. Then to my MASSIVE annoyance, (no annoyance isnt strong enough of a word) the same happened with GOW2. I have never even opened the box before so how can this even by possible!?

Is there something wrong with my playstation? I doubt it as all my other games bar god of war's work. Which is bizzarre. I dont know. Or, do you reckon i should take it back and tell them about it? :s

• Blerk Moderator 27 Apr 2007 16:24:03 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I seem to think the God of War games are both DVD9 titles rather than DVD5. Which could be a pretty good indication that your PS2's drive is on the way out - CD and DVD9-based games are always the first to start giving grief.
  • Introspectre 27 Apr 2007 16:26:39 3,274 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yup.

Get a DVD5 image and play that.
  • Orchid 27 Apr 2007 16:27:16 45 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oh fantastic... that would mean id be on my forth playstation 2. hmmm...
  • istandfreed 27 Apr 2007 16:27:40 2,408 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    I seem to think the God of War games are both DVD9 titles rather than DVD5. Which could be a pretty good indication that your PS2's drive is on the way out - CD and DVD9-based games are always the first to start giving grief.

Interesting, my guitar hero2 just started doing that, ironically right when i got the ps3, stroke of luck or a damaged ego? either way good timing, can't play guitar hero though >:/

PSN: Ballszilla

• Deleted user 27 April 2007 21:18:35
    I'd suggest buying one of those cleaning kits or have your PS2 standing up/lying down depending on how you use it now.
  • manuel_garcia 27 Apr 2007 21:36:33 4,079 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Introspectre wrote:
    Yup.

Get a DVD5 image and play that.

With a crapload of the content removed to fit on the disc though? Sod that! It's God of War!
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next