Everybody's Golf 5

• Page

of 44 First / Last

Previous
  • Red-Moose 16 Apr 2007 14:59:14 5,346 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Downloaded the demo of this today from the PS3 store. It's very lovely, and seems nice and non-realistic.

When you move the direction of swinging, everyone in the line of fire starts to run around, which is cool. Also, your caddy person legs it up the fairway after your ball and then bends over out of breath!

Seems like a fun game, almost worth getting the Japanese version for the bizarrness of it; quite arcadey and very pleasant. Not at all realistic and doesn't have any real characters, which is a plus in my book.

Graphics are excellent, flawless even. Nothing fancy but it looks so nice overall.

Sound consists of Jap pop music and Japanese speech which sounds very Japanesey overall.

Also, you can set the golf ball on fire. It seems simple to pick up and play seeing as I don't understand a word of Japanese.

I would like to know if it has online play; I am looking forward to the full release here/there....

-------------------------
    Game links:
    Eurogamer - Videos and Screenshots
    Japanese online video (thanks disc)
    British Gaming Blog - Setting up an online Jap account (thanks Mapster)

--------------------------
    Launch Dates:
    Japan: July 26th 2007 ("Minna no Golf 5")
    US: July 2007 ("Hot Shots Golf 5")
    Europe: Unknown so far

--------------------------
    Edited to make some links for anyone interested. If anyone knows where you can get the JP or US versions online add them, as the EU could wait a long time as usual for the proper release.

Edited by Red Moose at 23:52:51 30-04-2007
  • malteaserhead 25 Apr 2007 15:21:39 13,444 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    some scans

Looks crisp and vibrant.
  • malteaserhead 25 Apr 2007 15:31:23 13,444 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nice.

/turns Japanese
  • mankell 25 Apr 2007 15:33:47 718 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've downloaded this demo and its blurry. Even when I quit the game and have the 'do you want to quit game' screen on the dashboard it's also blurry. When I go back to the XMB it returns to normal. I've cleaned my glasses so it can't be that. Any ideas?
  • KayJay 25 Apr 2007 23:04:28 5,289 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Question - Will most of these Jap Demos not eventually pop up on the UK/EU stores?
  • KayJay 25 Apr 2007 23:56:01 5,289 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good Point :-)

Will opening a Jap account affect my UK/EU one?

Or would I literally just have two logins of my XMB?
  • ilmaestro 25 Apr 2007 23:59:40 32,465 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    disc wrote:
    Blurry?

It's not blurry on my SDTV at 480i :) It's quite colourful and lovely actually.

Btw. Everybody's Golf 5 will have 'free' (they actually stated that in the press release) online multiplayer with a 50 player lobby (50?). Quite odd. See 1up for more.

26th of July.
    It's a max 50 players playing simultaneously online from the same lobby (as far as I read it), with up to 8 in any one party. My take on it was it's a way to set up online strokeplay tournaments with loads of people, and it sounds ace.

• ecu 26 Apr 2007 00:01:33 77,014 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    disc wrote:
    Blurry?

Btw. Everybody's Golf 5 will have 'free' (they actually stated that in the press release) online multiplayer with a 50 player lobby (50?). Quite odd. See 1up for more.

26th of July.
    It's a max 50 players playing simultaneously online from the same lobby (as far as I read it), with up to 8 in any one party. My take on it was it's a way to set up online strokeplay tournaments with loads of people, and it sounds ace.

...but you'll only be able to play against people in the same region as you?
  • Red-Moose 26 Apr 2007 00:04:02 5,346 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kj66246 wrote:
    Good Point :-)

Will opening a Jap account affect my UK/EU one?

Or would I literally just have two logins of my XMB?

It won't affect the other accounts, just different users with each havign a different Playstation Network region Master Account. Switching is basically instant. Save games between accounts are not seen from other accounts.

I made two new users in the XMB for US and JP, and made a new Master Account for each one. When you, for example, select your JP XMB account, you will not be signed up for the PSN in that account, so you just go through the process, except you need a reasonably realistic address.

I used Beverly Hills 90210, as above for the US. For JP I think I picked Sony's HQ someplace in some area in Japan that is unpronouncable from their Jap contact homepage. Once you select Japan it all goes gibberish though, but it's guessable. I think if you select Hong Kong, it is still the Jap store, but in English.

You need to make Master Accounts for each one as the sub-accounts territory is locked to whatever the Master Account is set to (i.e., EU).

There is little else besides EG5. There is some crazy thing with a black and white cat, seems like a Yamagochi thing, but it doesn't work and gives an error message on loading. Error message or some Japanese saying about how Microsoft sucks donkey balls.

Edited by Red Moose at 00:05:32 26-04-2007
  • ilmaestro 26 Apr 2007 00:07:07 32,465 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    ilmaestro wrote:
    disc wrote:
    Blurry?

26th of July.

...but you'll only be able to play against people in the same region as you?
    Well, that's the question on everybody's golf. I mean lips.

• silentbob 26 Apr 2007 00:09:08 28,992 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is there an 'upskirt' mode in this?

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• ilmaestro 26 Apr 2007 00:12:06 32,465 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Maruyama Shigeki provides not only his likeness, but voiceover, too. That's already enough to get golf nuts excited as it is.

• silentbob 26 Apr 2007 00:12:51 28,992 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    And the upskirt?

• ilmaestro 26 Apr 2007 00:14:57 32,465 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I see you're nothing if not goal oriented.

Um, I could fire up the demo and see if you can fiddle out with the camera in a certain way. But then that would be weird.

• silentbob 26 Apr 2007 00:17:31 28,992 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    I see you're nothing if not goal oriented.

Um, I could fire up the demo and see if you can fiddle out with the camera in a certain way. But then that would be weird.
    Please.

Also if you could confirm unlockable and interchangeable undies that'd be great.

• ilmaestro 26 Apr 2007 00:22:50 32,465 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I may be a while. Ahem...

• uiruki 26 Apr 2007 00:47:58 3,708 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mainichi Issho (the thing with Taro the cat) is actually really nicely written and it has loads of different skits based on what they felt like writing each day. One day there was a special on ramen shops, including ones which served unusual one (ramen carbonara, anyone?)
  • ilmaestro 26 Apr 2007 00:51:37 32,465 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I wouldn't go all Tim Rogers 'best game of the year' about it, but some of the stuff that you can do with/is done with Mainichi Issyo is pretty cool. Largely useless if you can't read Japanese, unfortunately, and English language version would have been just what Sony could have done with to keep people entertained. You just have to look at the Wii Voting channel to see how a simple idea can be made fun, and Mainichi Issyo would fit a similar light entertainment that's always there if you want to waste a few minutes niche.

edit: heh, see, two of us jumping to its defense at the same time. ^_^

Edited by ilmaestro at 00:53:50 26-04-2007

• uiruki 26 Apr 2007 00:54:06 3,708 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, Toro and Kuro. That's old age for you.
  • ilmaestro 26 Apr 2007 01:03:54 32,465 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ^_^

• ecu 26 Apr 2007 01:12:03 77,014 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just downloaded it. \o/

I loved the last game, but I've realised I've completely forgotten how to play it. :( Oh well.
  • ilmaestro 26 Apr 2007 01:16:12 32,465 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We're back on MinGol now, right?

It'll take you mere minutes to get right back into the groove, it's got to be the most instantly playable golf game out there. Gutted if the online multi is region specific, can't see why lag would be an issue.

• Feanor 26 Apr 2007 01:31:02 14,180 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hot Shots Golf Fore was one of the few games I gave up on because it was too hard. I still had a few courses left to unlock, but I couldn't beat the windy Scottish course with the bastard "+2 for any shot in the rough" rule.

I tried many times with Ratchet. :(
  • ecu 26 Apr 2007 01:35:46 77,014 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    Hot Shots Golf Fore was one of the few games I gave up on because it was too hard. I still had a few courses left to unlock, but I couldn't beat the windy Scottish course with the bastard "+2 for any shot in the rough" rule.

I tried many times with Ratchet. :(

I got my brother to do it. :p He has an unnatural level of perseverance, and he's lose repeatedly at it and try again right away. I was getting more frustrated than him, and I was just watching!
  • Feanor 26 Apr 2007 01:41:30 14,180 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    LOL. At least it wasn't just me who struggled with it, then.
  • Stormflood 26 Apr 2007 22:54:39 2,263 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gorgeous models, environments and lighting, but it desperately needs some anti-aliasing.

Great fun though.
  • Page

of 44 First / Last

Previous