Anyone planning on going to Glastonbury this year?

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • DeadLiving 28 Mar 2007 12:57:43 59 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tickets for Glastonbury '07 go on sale on Sunday and 177,950 tickets are due to be available although 395,000 people have registered.

At 125 a ticket, I'm not too fussed if I can't get a ticket going on this year's disappointing (rumoured) line-up.

So will you be attempting to buy tickets on 1st April?

I don't know whether I'll bother...
  • Load_2.0 28 Mar 2007 13:06:09 19,506 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep, but only because I have never been before. I am getting old, so I have to cram some festival shennanigans in before I need a zimmerframe.

Not to bothered if I miss out though, that said I will be ready to go at 8.55am laptop and phone in hand!
  • DeadLiving 28 Mar 2007 13:08:14 59 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    Same here. I feel if I don't go soon I'll be too old.
    Let's just hope if I do manage to get a ticket that The Police are on to make it a worthwhile weekend.
  • Madder-Max 28 Mar 2007 13:09:55 11,676 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nope. the usual banal line up has put me off with Shirley bassey being the final nail in the coffin.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• notsomuch 28 Mar 2007 13:23:14 253 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    no
  • TakeTheVeil 28 Mar 2007 13:33:18 5,058 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    might go to Bestival, seeing as Beastie Boys and Chemical Brothers are playing
  • PiD 28 Mar 2007 13:38:12 3,566 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rock Ness and Reading ftw!
  • coastal 28 Mar 2007 13:47:19 5,389 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    177,000 tickets. god it'll be crowded. I remember the good old days when it was tuppence to get it and a shilling for a honeypot lemon curdle. There were more cows than hippies and brown acid was what you to clear the drains not to get to some other dimension.

/wanders back to his wigwam

AND some bastard has stolen my tent.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• generica 28 Mar 2007 13:52:26 4,273 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's reading this year as a result of being almost dead the same time last year, I will not miss out on all the drugs and the sex and the music this time. It's also a more closely related demographic rather than middle aged hippies and farmers.
  • Charroux 28 Mar 2007 18:18:22 792 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Glastonbury is easily my favourite festival - I'm definitely setting the alarm for 8:55am this Sunday.

Is the atmosphere in Reading the same as Leeds? 'Cos Leeds last year was pretty shite. Virtually everyone there was aged 17, acting as if it the first time they'd spent the weekend away from Mummy and Daddy, and got ridiculously pissed on cheap cider and crappy flat lager.

I sound like an old fart - I'm only 29, honest.
  • TakeTheVeil 28 Mar 2007 18:30:34 5,058 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yeah its the same with Oxegen in Ireland.. was voted the best festival in the UK and Ireland quite a few times but its gone to shit like Reading. Just 17-18 year olds acting like muppets.. Basically Electric Picnic is the best new festival.. similar in atmosphere to Glastonbury.. Silent Disco and all..

Pukkelpop in Belgium had a great line up last year and is seriously cheap compared to UK and Ireland Festvials.. the price of the ticket includes a train tickets out to the festival..might check that out
  • Ginger 28 Mar 2007 18:40:10 6,893 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TakeTheVeil wrote:
    might go to Bestival, seeing as Beastie Boys and Chemical Brothers are playing
    DOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIITTTT

London open taekwondo champion

• coastal 23 Jun 2009 22:21:37 5,389 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks like there's no glastonbury 2009 thread.

Whose packed and ready to go? Fuck the wellies, it aint going to rain that much ;-)

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• M83J01P97 23 Jun 2009 22:52:29 6,699 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's not going to rain at all this year apparently. In fact, they are predicting the driest Glasto for years.
  • localnotail 23 Jun 2009 22:56:43 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It'll rain. It always rains. But not as much as recently \o/

I wasn't going and I've been whining about it for weeks and then I got a call on Monday asking me to be a nun in the confessional in the Caberet field - a 2 hour shift/day between 10-6 - how could I refuse?

I should pack really. I leave tomorrow at 10AM. really looking forward to this one - it's my 9th, and the 5th one I have worked. I like being a part of it all. And the lineup is awesome this year. I definitely need the clashfinder

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Deleted user 23 June 2009 22:59:02
    I'll probably watch it on TV, innit. Problem is trying to see bands you like rather than sitting up for hours watching shite.

Hoping I'll be able to catch Fleet Foxes, Fucked Up, Q-Tip, Animal Collective, Bon Iver, Springsteen, Nick Cave and other stuff. Actually, looking at the lineup now, it's not THAT bad. Hmm!

Certainly not worth however they're charging for the weekend, but a better line-up that I've seen in recent years.
  • localnotail 23 Jun 2009 23:01:41 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    best lineup in ages, that's why I was whining so much. I have absolutely no problem with dressing up as a nun and giving absolution to sinners for a few hours a day just to get to be there for free \o/

the clashfinder

crosby stills & nash \o/ Neil Young \o/ maybe CSNY!

SPINAL TAP ON THE PYRAMID STAGE!!

but Blur closing on Sunday night is going to be the most awesome.

• cubbymoore 23 Jun 2009 23:08:03 36,503 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shiiiiiit, Blur is going to be immense.
  • FWB 23 Jun 2009 23:08:58 45,106 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Blur should be fan-tab-u-lous.
  • M83J01P97 23 Jun 2009 23:11:10 6,699 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:
    I'll probably watch it on TV, innit. Problem is trying to see bands you like rather than sitting up for hours watching shite.

Hoping I'll be able to catch Fleet Foxes, Fucked Up, Q-Tip, Animal Collective, Bon Iver, Springsteen, Nick Cave and other stuff. Actually, looking at the lineup now, it's not THAT bad. Hmm!

Certainly not worth however they're charging for the weekend, but a better line-up that I've seen in recent years.

You know the BBC won't show any of the good stuff. They didn't even show Bjork last year which I think is unforgivable.
  • FWB 23 Jun 2009 23:12:27 45,106 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Expect Lily Allen + Lilly Allen + Razorlight + Lily Allen + The Kooks + Lily Allen on the BBC.
  • localnotail 23 Jun 2009 23:14:42 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    have you seen the Blur set? it's pure classics - I was torn between Blur & the Prodigy, I've seen them both the same amount of times, but I fucked my knee wearing heels at the weekend and so I don't really want to take the chemicals necessary to keep myself bouncing for Prodigy on Sunday night - plus I have to hitch back Monday morning so I'm best off not staying up til dawn...

I shall simply go off me head Saturday night with Maximo Park then Pendulum and 2 Many DJs, who are always good for a laff and a dance.

of course, all this is pure speculation. Plans never really work at Glastonbury

• Deleted user 23 June 2009 23:18:56
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    deathgibbon wrote:

You know the BBC won't show any of the good stuff. They didn't even show Bjork last year which I think is unforgivable.

Ah, neither they did. Maybe they'll have more stuff up on iPlayer this year.

Usually what happens is that I sit through an hour of absolute dross, see a band I like, and the Beeb only show one song or something. Terrible.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2009 23:18:56
    Post deleted
  • FWB 23 Jun 2009 23:19:10 45,106 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Never seen Blur, but musically they're top notch. Alburn is a great singer, Coxon probably my favourite guitarist around at the moment - aside from Johnny Greenwood - and James not only has some perfectly placed grooves, but is a cheese maker. What more could you ask for? Huge repertoire and great tracks. Back together again, they must lap it up, so I'm guessing it'll be great.

Seen the Prodigy - over 10 years ago during their peak. Twas good, but nothing compares to indie and guitars.
  • FWB 23 Jun 2009 23:21:05 45,106 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ohh and you'll probably get some Stereophonics (even though they're not playing) on the BBC too. Not that I dislike them, but my god Kelly can't sing for shit.
  • localnotail 23 Jun 2009 23:27:39 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I saw Blur in 1989, and then headlining Glastonbury in '98 - where they were good, but I was really shitfaced and spent most of my time flinging mud at indie girlies and giggling.

really looking forward to seeing them back together again, my favourite band in many ways

Prodigy at Glastonbury in 95 was immense. Hmmm. conflicted.

• mull 23 Jun 2009 23:37:41 463 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got ten gallons of cider and a bog roll packed - cock locked and ready to rock!

Got a mate who's stewarding - he got there at 8am this morning and set up our ten man tent at a good spot towards the bottom of Pennard Hill. WIN.
  • localnotail 23 Jun 2009 23:42:05 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mull... you are not the Mull from the old VF are you?

• mull 23 Jun 2009 23:42:50 463 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    VF wat?
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous