Rechargeable Batteries? Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• kentmonkey 19 Jun 2007 08:35:32 20,575 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Where's the best place to get the Duracell and charger from then Del? They sound like a good bet.
  • varsas 19 Jun 2007 10:47:34 2,401 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are Energizer batteries any good? I always thought they were a type of Duracell...
  • coach_mcguirk 19 Jun 2007 22:19:36 293 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bargain :

Energizer compact charger + 6 2500mAh batteries for about 12 including postage. Thoroughly recommended seller, also.

HTH
  • Der_tolle_Emil 20 Jun 2007 09:38:29 7,299 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    coach_mcguirk wrote:
    Bargain :

Energizer compact charger + 6 2500mAh batteries for about 12 including postage. Thoroughly recommended seller, also.

HTH

Sounds good.
  • varsas 20 Jun 2007 10:16:48 2,401 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cool. Thanks for the link! I have a discount with them too via thedvdforums!
  • Carrybagma 20 Jun 2007 13:53:50 3,904 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shameless Powerex plug. Expensive, but quality.

:o)
  • mad_caddy 23 Aug 2007 14:26:41 3,306 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just been into game and picked up a docking station charger with batteries, anyone know if they're any good or have i just thrown money away?
  • JuanKerr 23 Aug 2007 14:33:07 36,239 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mad_caddy wrote:
    Just been into game and picked up a docking station charger with batteries, anyone know if they're any good or have i just thrown money away?

I'm not sure if my mate at work has got the same one as you, but apparently, you have to have the Wii turned on for it to charge the batteries, which is a bit shite really.

Yours might be different though.
  • mad_caddy 23 Aug 2007 14:38:49 3,306 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    just cheked that, and indeed you are right, the wii has to be turned on for it to recharge, very odd.

:s ......bit shit tbh.
  • JuanKerr 23 Aug 2007 14:43:31 36,239 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mad_caddy wrote:
    just cheked that, and indeed you are right, the wii has to be turned on for it to recharge, very odd.

:s ......bit shit tbh.

I suppose it's not too bad - if you play one player quite a bit, just have your second Wii remote on charge while you're playing. By the time the Wii remote you're using has run out, the other one will be charged and you can swap them over.

Not really the best design though is it?
  • mad_caddy 23 Aug 2007 14:52:01 3,306 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bloody ridiculous if you ask me, I'll take the sodding thing back roughly 3 hours after purchase.

.....get myself a classic controller instead and suffer the battery problem.
  • kentmonkey 23 Aug 2007 17:34:40 20,575 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The rechargeables linked to in this thread (the ever-ready ones) I've just bought are brilliant. About 14 hours play time thus far and it's only lost one bar on the battery sensor. Best 8.40 I've ever spent!
  • chrisN 2 Sep 2007 15:45:06 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    We got some Fujicell 2700mAh batteries a few weeks back, seem to last a lot longer that the ones we were using before (Energiser 1700mAh), plus we only paid just over six quid for them from Rapid Batteries
  • mcmothercruncher 3 Sep 2007 09:05:04 6,772 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's because they have 1000mAh extra storage capacity! :)
  • Kay 17 Sep 2007 12:05:32 17,815 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    coach_mcguirk wrote:
    Bargain :

HTH

Bought these ones last week, did a full 12 hour recharge of all six batteries. Put a couple into one Wii remote.

After about 1/2 hours play, the battery level went down one bar. Another hour or so later, and there's only two bars left. Is this normal for rechargeables? Apparently they should easily last as long as regular Duracells on a single charge (and according to kentmonkey, they do seem to).

Though I've got a feeling it might be the Wii remote sucking power from the battery even when it's not in use... it seemed to do this with the previous (regular) batteries.

K
  • Der_tolle_Emil 17 Sep 2007 12:07:32 7,299 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Wiimote does use batteries even when not in use.

Not having full 4 bars is not uncommon with rechargeables because they don't operate with 1.5v like regular batteries but only with 1.2v. That can screw a bit with power meters.
  • coach_mcguirk 17 Sep 2007 12:32:10 293 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Bought these ones last week, did a full 12 hour recharge of all six batteries. Put a couple into one Wii remote.

After about 1/2 hours play, the battery level went down one bar. Another hour or so later, and there's only two bars left. Is this normal for rechargeables? Apparently they should easily last as long as regular Duracells on a single charge (and according to kentmonkey, they do seem to).

Though I've got a feeling it might be the Wii remote sucking power from the battery even when it's not in use... it seemed to do this with the previous (regular) batteries.

K

Did you charge them until the LEDs went out on the charger?

Anyway, I think I get better life than this from them, but not quite as long as a heavy duty Duracell or whatever. It suits me fine. That said, I can't remember the last time I played a Wii game for more than an hour or two.

I'm using them in the Xbox360 wireless pad, and I'm getting decent life out of it. It doesn't matter too much if I'm not getting as much as regular batteries, as I always have at least a spare pair ready to go.
  • Wayne 17 Sep 2007 13:40:31 2,143 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mr_steve100 wrote:
    Uniross 2500mAh pack of 4, for about 6 from eBay. might have been a bit more or less, can't remember. Worth it though.

Very good and do last a long while, although they seem not to last so long in my digital camera anymore (they did before - might be just psychological).

I have uniross batteries and they do something very odd. If I full charge them I could stick them in my 360 pad or Wiimote and play all day with no bother. But if I take them out and leave them for a week, they are almost certainly dead and need recharged. Equally, if I fully charge them, and then don't use them at all for a week, they seem dead as well.

It's as if they decharge when they are just left sitting on the shelf.
  • Carrybagma 17 Sep 2007 13:52:18 3,904 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think they're all like that. It's a bummer keeping 'spares' when they'll have lost a load of charge by the time you use them.
  • AcidSnake 17 Sep 2007 13:58:07 7,238 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Wayne:
    Same effect here, same batteries...
    They also take a lot to recharge...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Danoxth 17 Sep 2007 21:59:26 286 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I picked up a rechargeable battery set from Argos over a year ago now, was around 20. For that price I got a recharger and 8 AA Energizer batteries.

All of which have had countless recharges and all of them have been used in keyboards / mice / digi cameras / 360 remotes.

Can't complain and from the 360 usage point of view they last long enough to get a good few sessions out of them.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9804829.htm
  • kentmonkey 17 Sep 2007 22:09:56 20,575 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I ended up getting about 12 hours out of the rechargeables, whereas I got about 18 hours out of a normal set of batteries. I think that's pretty good performance tbh.

I do wonder though how much electricity costs to recharge a set of batteries considering they take about 14 hours to charge...does it actually end up saving you anything in the long run?
  • kentmonkey 17 Sep 2007 22:16:36 20,575 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    a) They only recharge certain strength batteries in an hour and take longer for the others

b) They're often more expensive (by quite a way sometimes) and therefore the electricity you save is negated by the increased cost for the product

c) There are reports that they're not as good chargers and can seriously shorten the life of your rechargeable batteries
  • kentmonkey 17 Sep 2007 22:21:29 20,575 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    d) Two hour chargers are gay!
  • Deleted user 4 November 2007 22:32:33
    Has anyone mentioned this and some AAA rechargeables?

I was gonna get but it looks like the colour doesn't match on the battery cover. Hang on, is this the thing deem was talking about?
  • Ready4Action 4 Nov 2007 23:36:11 522 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    But of course, there one main difference between wii and xbox conttrollers, that would mean they use up more energy.
  • Deleted user 5 November 2007 17:22:12
    seanraaron wrote:
    NatAttack wrote:
    Doesn't mean I have to like it, though. Nintendo should have released an official rechargeable battery pack similar to the one used for 360 pads.(n)

If the pack was interchangeable with AA batteries, then sure, but otherwise I'm totally opposed to bespoke battery packs. My Philips DECT phones use AAA batteries and it's brilliant compared to trying to hunt down some specific overpriced crap.

I think it's massively brave to forego the masses of money you can make by selling some branded tat and let consumers buy cheaper, generic goods.
    You want a Wii memory card? Get a cheap SD card - and I mean cheap.
    You want rechargeable batteries? There are loads.

It would be a terrible and cruel cashcow otherwise. Just imagine how great the world would be if we let poor people buy generic drugs across the third world.
  • Deleted user 5 November 2007 17:43:07
    seanraaron wrote:
    Stompy wrote:
    You want a Wii memory card? Get a cheap SD card - and I mean cheap.

Yeah that's genius as well. Two 1GB SanDisk SD cards from amazon direct (not ripoff marketplace sellers) for 10? Check.

Rook to prawn biryani 6. Checkmate.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 6 Nov 2007 10:39:58 7,299 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you don't care about the quality of those batteries than not too bad. They won't make you happy though. Buy quality batteries, it's really worth the money.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last