Depression Page 222

• Page

of 222 First / Last

Next
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2018 16:02:06 30,411 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    drhcnip wrote:
    well done, sir - it is important to be able to build an effective relationship with the counsellor

likelihood, unless you;ve done it over the phone consultation already, is that the first session will partially serve as the assessment to explore where you currently feel you are

that's an excellent analogy you've used, i'd bring that up in your session

best of luck with it, quaddy - thf is right, it can be one of the hardest but, in the end, the best things you can do...
    Thanks. Yes, the first thing my sister mentioned (also a counselor) is that the relationship has to be good with the counselor. I have to be able to trust her fully. And vice versa.

Yes, the idea next is to have a face to face and take it from there.

I just wish I knew what type of game that it's called - I'd put money on the counselor not knowing what the fuck I'm on about :)

Yes, all the people I've spoken to that have had different types of counseling have all said it helps, so while it's daunting, I'm also looking forward to it.

Starts next Thursday, so will see.
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2018 16:02:47 30,411 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Stickman

Cheers, and yes, I'll keep trying as it's pretty fucking annoying now in general all the time.
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2018 16:03:31 30,411 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    drhcnip wrote:
    and, if you have any general questions about the counselling process or what to expect, ping me a pm - wife's a counsellor...which proved to be very useful when i had the breakdown and was waiting for the therapy...;)
    I'll bear that in mind, cheers :)
  • mrpon 14 Feb 2018 16:05:48 34,097 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This quad?

Good luck with it btw.
  • drhcnip 14 Feb 2018 16:13:53 5,675 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    drhcnip wrote:
    and, if you have any general questions about the counselling process or what to expect, ping me a pm - wife's a counsellor...which proved to be very useful when i had the breakdown and was waiting for the therapy...;)
    doesn't sound like you'll need it, having one in the family...;) offer's there anyway

all the best with it, mate - worked for me in the end, once i found one i clicked with...
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2018 16:23:21 30,411 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    This quad?

Good luck with it btw.
    That's the one!

And cheers
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2018 16:24:09 30,411 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    drhcnip wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    drhcnip wrote:
    doesn't sound like you'll need it, having one in the family...;) offer's there anyway

all the best with it, mate - worked for me in the end, once i found one i clicked with...
    Yeah, that's the other thing - it might take a few different people before i click with them. I did think of that, but will see how it goes. Gotta start somewhere
  • drhcnip 14 Feb 2018 16:29:52 5,675 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @quadfather

exactly...
  • GuybrushThreepwood 15 Feb 2018 11:17:48 1,810 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Deleted. Hopefully just a migraine causing me to be emotional.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood at 11:53:14 15-02-2018
  • drhcnip 15 Feb 2018 14:12:29 5,675 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @GuybrushThreepwood

hope you're ok, pal
  • GuybrushThreepwood 15 Feb 2018 14:26:14 1,810 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    @drhcnip Yeah, nearly in tears at work / wanting to punch someone / wanting to make a formal complaint due to "reasons", so I told them I was going home. I've got a double migraine at the moment so my emotions can be all over the place. I've said for them to class it as a sick day due to my migraine.

Now I've had a couple of hours of sleep, I'm worried about what they will all think.
  • quadfather 15 Feb 2018 14:28:01 30,411 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doesn't matter what they think - you've got a migraine and are off sick.
  • drhcnip 15 Feb 2018 14:37:32 5,675 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Doesn't matter what they think - you've got a migraine and are off sick.
    this

anyone who's had a migraine knows what fuckers they are...i've never suffered, luckily but wife's had a few...
  • GuybrushThreepwood 15 Feb 2018 16:24:40 1,810 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Thanks. I don't get sick leave, so this will be taken out of my leave, but that's minor. I've tried to do some work but felt sick, so I've given up.

More concerned about the fallout over me getting majorly pissed off by someone lying about me and it being spread about as the truth. I've insisted that everyone who heard the lie is informed of the truth or I'm putting a complaint in about the liar. Normally I can shrug things off, but not this time.

Also a little concerned over not doing the work the IT director asked (told) me personally to do, but I can catch that up.
  • Page

of 222 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.