I think theres a link between usint Euriganer and beung deoressed
  • JediMasterMalik 25 Mar 2007 22:11:52 11,820 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Solly wrote:
    JediMasterMalik wrote:
    Witchking wrote:
    Solly wrote:
    Has anyone said "pull yourself together man" yet?

Yep Xerx3s did that one well and truly :)

Sadly, depression is not nearly that simple.

Yeah it is. Pull your shit together and get in a positive mindframe. Or waste a large portion of your SHORT lifetime wallowing in self loathing and misery. It's very simple in theory.

A psychologist are you? Doctor? Didn't think so.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Psychiatric disorders are not always emotional, many also have chemical components which sometimes simply cannot be helped.

I'm sure no one wants to be depressed.
  • Deleted user 25 March 2007 22:12:16
    Solly wrote:
    JediMasterMalik wrote:
    Witchking wrote:
    Solly wrote:

Yeah it is. Pull your shit together and get in a positive mindframe. Or waste a large portion of your SHORT lifetime wallowing in self loathing and misery. It's very simple in theory.

In theory yes, I think sometimes I can try and convince myself I am happy rather than genuinely feeling it. No matter how hard you try, you cannot change the way u feel
  • JediMasterMalik 25 Mar 2007 22:14:28 11,820 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Solly wrote:
    I teah from esperience L)(

Experience is all well and good, but illness is not a by the number thing. Many people with the same illness can present in wildly different ways, similarly what works for some people may not work for others.

Your experience is not how others should necessarily do it.
  • Micro_Explosion 25 Mar 2007 22:18:57 9,695 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Of course, this could be caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. Doctors can fix/help with this. For this type, "pulling yourself together" will do nothing.

Avoiding caffeine and alchohol is a good idea too - I've all but given up alchohol (unless in a good mood) otherwise I would be really grumpy and down for days after.

Fun while drunk but the comedown is really bad.
  • Derblington 25 Mar 2007 22:19:25 22,286 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    dravenclarke wrote:
    I dont really have any advice, but i hope you feel better soon :)
    +1
  • JediMasterMalik 25 Mar 2007 22:20:57 11,820 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Solly wrote:
    JediMasterMalik wrote:
    Solly wrote:
    JediMasterMalik wrote:
    Witchking wrote:
    Solly wrote:

A psychologist are you? Doctor? Didn't think so.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Psychiatric disorders are not always emotional, many also have chemical components which sometimes simply cannot be helped.

I'm sure no one wants to be depressed.

Mate, I do know what I'm talking about and it's quite simple really. My family has a history of depression, my mother is on so many chemicals she rattles. But yes it's helped her LOADS.
    I have a long history of depression, if I had access to a gun I'd be dead at 14. But I've come to the stage now that I think depression is just a state of mind. Think miserable, feel miserable.

Don't mind me though, I'm Bi-Polar. Next week I'd probably be posting empathy filled advice.

Like I said, you know what you are talking to in reference to yourself, but not everyone works in the same way you do.

Other people are in completely different situations, but are still bi-polar.
  • AHiFi 25 Mar 2007 22:38:37 1,665 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thanks all for your comments. I've found out my Uncle and Gran are now in hospital. This day has been horrible. My girlfriend was texting me and saying she is going to meet up with me at four tomorrow. I hope we can come to some sort of agreement. I don't want her out of my life completely; maybe a break until we get to the end of the Uni semester would be the best alternative to breaking up.

I'm living in a sh*thole with people I don't get along with. I think this has been affecting my relationship with her too i.e. I expect too much of her because in reality, she's all I've got for companionship here.

Oh and guess what? Nightline weren't at the phone...to which someone made a comment. "Nightline aren't there?? Someone must want you to suffer!"...tell me something I don't know pal...tell me something I don't know...

I'm quite relaxed now though. I'll phone them later and see if they can help with info on how to get an extension to my deadline. Or better yet, stay up all night and do the bloody thing...Oh God...
  • JediMasterMalik 25 Mar 2007 22:40:19 11,820 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AHiFi wrote:
    Thanks all for your comments. I've found out my Uncle and Gran are now in hospital. This day has been horrible. My girlfriend was texting me and saying she is going to meet up with me at four tomorrow. I hope we can come to some sort of agreement. I don't want her out of my life completely; maybe a break until we get to the end of the Uni semester would be the best alternative to breaking up.

I'm living in a sh*thole with people I don't get along with. I think this has been affecting my relationship with her too i.e. I expect too much of her because in reality, she's all I've got for companionship here.

Oh and guess what? Nightline weren't at the phone...to which someone made a comment. "Nightline aren't there?? Someone must want you to suffer!"...tell me something I don't know pal...tell me something I don't know...

I'm quite relaxed now though. I'll phone them later and see if they can help with info on how to get an extension to my deadline. Or better yet, stay up all night and do the bloody thing...Oh God...

Why don't you confide in your gf? It could strengthen your relationship if you spoke about your problems, get more personal.

Tell her how you feel rather then letting her make her mind up without your input.
  • Introspectre 25 Mar 2007 22:49:02 3,274 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, things probably won't get any better tbh. Life is pain. Either deal with it or don't.
  • Chim_chimma_nee! 26 Mar 2007 00:18:11 224 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I found I was unhappy when I kept relying on others to make me feel better. You've got to be happy with yourself before anyone else can make you happy.

I would recommend that you read up on 'cognative behavioural therapy' - it is a common psychotherapy technique based around challenging why you think the way you do and how to change it. It sounds simple but it is a real bastard to master. Once you do though it might make you feel a bit stronger, and more able to adapt to life rather than fighting against yourself all the time.
  • AHiFi 26 Mar 2007 00:44:19 1,665 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I phoned her up earlier and she said it was basically over. I cried and cried; now I'm speaking to my friends over MSN and realising that I've got these guys to keep me cheery and, of course, you guys for being such awesome people and tolerating my, un-intentionally, twisted way of thinking, while also offering so much good advice.

Thanks everyone. There's a small light at the end of the tunnel again.
  • T.G. 26 Mar 2007 00:50:11 5,989 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If it's any consolation, I'm kinda in the same boat. Have to say goodbye to my girfriend soon for good, and thing's were going quite well. I know the drill. It'll hurt like a son of a bitch, but in time, I'll probably move on and find someone else. :'( Hang in there man...

/group hug

• AHiFi 26 Mar 2007 01:03:33 1,665 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    T.G. wrote:
    If it's any consolation, I'm kinda in the same boat. Have to say goodbye to my girfriend soon for good, and thing's were going quite well. I know the drill. It'll hurt like a son of a bitch, but in time, I'll probably move on and find someone else. :'( Hang in there man...

/group hug

Oh dear. What's happening or is it personal?
  • T.G. 26 Mar 2007 01:15:42 5,989 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    T.G. wrote: If it's any consolation, I'm kinda in the same boat. Have to say goodbye to my girfriend soon for good, and thing's were going quite well. I know the drill. It'll hurt like a son of a bitch, but in time, I'll probably move on and find someone else. :'( Hang in there man... /group hug
    AHiFi wrote: Oh dear. What's happening or is it personal?
    Long story. I'm supposed to be in Japan now (moving there to be an English teacher, big career change) but met this amazing chick a while back who's been slowing me down. We were in negotiations all weekend about what to do for the future. Seriously depressing.

She wants me to come to London with her in September for her Masters, I want her to come to Japan with me if she doesn't get offered her course. I can't wait around that long, and she can't decide to come with me as she doesn't know about the course. :'(

Bottom line is, we're finished in a few weeks once I'm gone. Agus sin sin. :'( Worst break-up ever. We're actually happy together. In some way, I'd prefer to break-up your way, although having been there, I wouldn't want that either. Feel your pain man.

:'(
  • heyyo 26 Mar 2007 01:27:54 14,369 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't she do her Masters in Japan, i'm sure the Universities are better over there, better than the shithole I go to anyhow.

• ratso 26 Mar 2007 01:37:59 1,008 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    out of interest,

when you say you feel depressed do you feel a huge amount of fear?

before exams and deadlines, it has happened that ive been depressed but its mainly been fear created by exams and it causes me to get a bit odd about pretty much everything.

during it there really is nothing you can do to snap out of it you cant just say magic words and get on with it because its a physiological thing, but a week later it seems really strange once your back to normal.

best way i find to deal with it is to remember that its just your body and brain under stress acting up, it takes a while for the chemicals to get back to normal. thinking about it makes it worse(more stress). you just have to ride it out like a hangover.

2000 words in one day is nothing, ive never done an assignment with more than 24 hours :)

got 5k for tomorrow evening!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 26 Mar 2007 07:15:51 39,761 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ratso wrote:
    out of interest,

when you say you feel depressed do you feel a huge amount of fear?

before exams and deadlines, it has happened that ive been depressed but its mainly been fear created by exams and it causes me to get a bit odd about pretty much everything.

during it there really is nothing you can do to snap out of it you cant just say magic words and get on with it because its a physiological thing, but a week later it seems really strange once your back to normal.

best way i find to deal with it is to remember that its just your body and brain under stress acting up, it takes a while for the chemicals to get back to normal. thinking about it makes it worse(more stress). you just have to ride it out like a hangover.

2000 words in one day is nothing, ive never done an assignment with more than 24 hours :)

got 5k for tomorrow evening!
    I did a 2000 word essay in one morning (from about 9am to 12:30pm) after forgetting it. Did pretty well as well I seem to remember.

Can't help with the depression though. I'll just say I hope you feel better soon.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• AHiFi 26 Mar 2007 08:37:31 1,665 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    T.G. wrote:
    T.G. wrote: If it's any consolation, I'm kinda in the same boat. Have to say goodbye to my girfriend soon for good, and thing's were going quite well. I know the drill. It'll hurt like a son of a bitch, but in time, I'll probably move on and find someone else. :'( Hang in there man... /group hug
    AHiFi wrote: Oh dear. What's happening or is it personal?
    Long story. I'm supposed to be in Japan now (moving there to be an English teacher, big career change) but met this amazing chick a while back who's been slowing me down. We were in negotiations all weekend about what to do for the future. Seriously depressing.

She wants me to come to London with her in September for her Masters, I want her to come to Japan with me if she doesn't get offered her course. I can't wait around that long, and she can't decide to come with me as she doesn't know about the course. :'(

Bottom line is, we're finished in a few weeks once I'm gone. Agus sin sin. :'( Worst break-up ever. We're actually happy together. In some way, I'd prefer to break-up your way, although having been there, I wouldn't want that either. Feel your pain man.

:'(

That's very sad, I'm sorry to hear that it's going that way. You never know; your paths may cross again and I wouldn't say you're running back to them if that did happen; you are obviously in love and the fact you are both questioning your education/careers over each other, shows that. I hope it works it in some way for you.

Considering all my past relationships have ended in my other half cheating, this is also by far the worst because I have no-one to blame but myself. I went three years without a relationship and I decided to get back into things and I couldn't cope. She's such a lovely girl in my eyes too; but she knows she has really destroyed me here.

I couldn't focus on the essay. Absolutely no essay. I'm just too stressed more than anything. I'm going to go see student support today.
  • warlockuk 26 Mar 2007 09:12:37 19,223 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good luck with student support. The only thing I can say is this: If she's not interested or isn't into it then it'll eventually end - today, tomorrow, next month. You're better off out of it before it ends BADLY. Moreover, the purpetual hanging on and hoping she'll reconsider is just going to fuck with your head the longer it carries on so you're best off rid - maybe in a few months things will change, maybe not. But your personal wellbeing will improve without her fucking your head.

As for the essay - your head is probably too fucked to concentrate on it right now, so hopefully student support will have some advice for you or get you some kind of extension.

To be honest though, while it's your education and quite important, no essay is worth killing yourself over. If you're going to off yourself you may as well flunk through uni to get an average grade (or leave) and get a job doing something less stressful. Sure, the pay'll be less but at least you'll be happy.

Get out of the house once in a while. Walk in the rain, get the fresh air, have an ice cream in a field. Play with kittens. Sit in the sun.
    Education can narrow your view of how cool life is 'cos you're just concentrated on stress and worry all the time.
    You've not got a terminal illness or anything, so it's not worth letting things that won't kill you get the better of you - easier said than done, I know - but it's not the end of the world; you just need a way of coming to that understanding.

Good luck with the essay; just remember to not stress on it so much - sure, it's important as all the work is - but it's not life-or-death important.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Madder-Max 26 Mar 2007 09:39:30 11,688 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "I have a Uni essay due in tomorrow which I haven't even started"

What a fucking nightmare! Its the end of the world! Fuck me. Thats a major problem? Theres a lot more worse that can happen let me tell you.

Anyway if this post is legit then get up on your feet soldier!

99 problems and being ginger is one

• DaM 26 Mar 2007 10:18:35 13,529 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Get yourself to the Campus Drs surgery... then go round the back, up the wee path through the wall and climb up to the top of the wooded hill overlooking campus (or even better, do it on a mountain bike). Then head up for the top of Dumyat, it'll make you feel much better!

I was at Stirling Uni for years, you should have no problem getting extensions for what you have described. What are you doing anyway? What hall are you in?
  • Page

of 144 First / Last