Depression Page 102

• Page

of 142 First / Last

• Zomoniac 18 Sep 2012 16:39:23 7,821 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jesus, that must have been so hard. Kinda puts all my problems into perspective :-/

Which I guess is kind of the problem. I already have perspective, I know full well that in six months I'll be fine, I know that in the grand scheme of things all of this is fairly insignificant, and that really I'm just being a bit of an emo. My problem is that whilst I know full well that all this is ridiculously OTT, I can't make it stop. Everything I have going on is nothing compared to what so many people, including many people on this forum, have been through or are going through. Which almost makes it worse, then I feel guilty for feeling so sorry for myself over nothing, and the never ending spiral of self-hate continues.
  • Deckard1 18 Sep 2012 16:41:12 27,596 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    GUTTENBERGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

Hush you ponce

• Deleted user 18 September 2012 16:43:08
    Maybe it's time you take the ultimate step and just end it all.

The cycle of self hate, I mean.
  • Zomoniac 18 Sep 2012 16:44:02 7,821 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Isn't that about free books or something?
  • Zomoniac 18 Sep 2012 16:44:51 7,821 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Maybe it's time you take the ultimate step and just end it all.

The cycle of self hate, I mean.
    :D

I know I'm awesome sometimes. Then other times I forget. I'm just venting really, don't mind me.
  • Deleted user 18 September 2012 16:45:10
    Yeah, project Gutenberg is named after Steve because of his literary importance.
  • MetalDog 18 Sep 2012 16:52:15 23,697 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That staring at walls for hours thing - last time I had that I eventually crawled out of it with the aid of a diet change and forcing myself to exercise. No idea which one did the trick (or if it just gave me something to placebo myself with while time passed), but couldn't hurt to try.

Dietwise I upped my Omega 3 intake drastically because I'd heard it helped and for reasons I can't fathom, moderately hot curry seemed to help fairly immediately - maybe just the physical distraction provided by the spices, hell if I know.

Knowing that other people have it worse is really just a source of guilt when that sort of fugue strikes - try not to go there. And delete your facebook account so you can't torture yourself, perhaps.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Rusty_M 18 Sep 2012 17:24:59 4,639 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    That staring at walls for hours thing - last time I had that I eventually crawled out of it with the aid of a diet change and forcing myself to exercise. No idea which one did the trick (or if it just gave me something to placebo myself with while time passed), but couldn't hurt to try.

Going for walks more often worked for me before, so you could be on to something. In fact I've been in a little bit of a rut lately, so I should maybe get out and about more and do some exercise and get back to being not fat.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Deleted user 18 September 2012 19:48:06
    I can confirm I feel a LOT better for going cycling just now. If you have any countryside near you I would highly recommend it. You can stop as often as you want and just enjoy being outdoors. I've seen loads of little roe deer tonight, bambi's basically, so cute.
  • SYS64738 18 Sep 2012 19:56:11 1,647 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Any sport/physical activity is good for your well being, especially from now on in when the days start to get shorter again. Since I picked up running and pushups/weights earlier this year I feel more relaxed, can sleep better and feel better about my physical appearance as well which is a nice bonus.

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• Zomoniac 18 Sep 2012 20:01:56 7,821 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I generally do lots of exercise daily and have a good diet, it's actually all gone wrong in the last fortnight! Do need to get my focus back though. Oddly whenever I've been depressed in the past I've sought refuge in chocolate, but this time for the first time in my life I've had no appetite for over a week. Really struggling to force food down. It's a bit confusing.
  • mrpon 18 Sep 2012 20:27:34 28,714 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm going to make an out there suggestion, you're not still wearing the doom wellies are you? They could be the harbingers here.

Thank me later.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Zomoniac 18 Sep 2012 20:29:38 7,821 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, I'm not. Maybe they'll make everything better. I shall suit up.
  • DaM 18 Sep 2012 23:27:12 12,968 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    I generally do lots of exercise daily and have a good diet, it's actually all gone wrong in the last fortnight! Do need to get my focus back though. Oddly whenever I've been depressed in the past I've sought refuge in chocolate, but this time for the first time in my life I've had no appetite for over a week. Really struggling to force food down. It's a bit confusing.
    It's nature's way of getting you lithe and in pulling-mode. Snazzy haircut, and off you go :)
  • TheMightyRose 19 Sep 2012 12:51:45 174 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    WARNING!

SECRET KEYWORDS (STEVE GUTTENBERG) HAVE BEEN ACTIVATED!

SENDING SECRET EMERGENCY SIGNAL TO THE MIGHTY ROSE!

STANDBY.................................................................................

/In the luxury penthouse of the Rose Building a handsome young man and a group of beautiful young ladies are busy enjoying themselves with drinks and stimulating conversation.

“And basically that is how The Mighty Rose saved the Olympics from being a complete disaster.” Said the young man with a twinkle in his eye. The young man was known as Tim Rose, aka The Mighty Rose, yes, THE Mighty Rose!

“Oh Mighty Rose you are da greatest dahling.” Said a pretty blonde German girl known as Elena as the other girls nodded and laughed clearly taken with their host.

Just then The Mighty Rose’s underpants began to vibrate and the girls all used it as an excuse to stare at his lunchbox once more.

“Master Rose are you there sir?” A prim and proper voice spoke out from the underpants.

“My God those underpants can speak!” A pretty young brunette said pointing incredulously at Tim Rose’s legendary undergarments.

The Mighty Rose smiled at the girl and then reaching down he pressed a small hidden button on the underpants and said:

“Jenkins unless you have managed to find those silk bonds and the the whipped cream after all then I told you I did not want to be disturbed. What gives?” The Mighty Rose said with clear irritation in his voice.

“Oh I am terribly sorry Master Rose but something has come up and I thought you should know about it.” Said Jenkins, The Mighty Rose’s loyal butler, through the hidden speaker in the underpants.

The Mighty Rose reluctantly moved away from the group of young babes and walked across his massive room giving the girls a chance to get a good look at his incredible butt as he urged his butler to continue.

“What’s going on Jenks?” Said Tim Rose as he gave the girls an obligatory Mighty Rose bum wiggle causing them to gasp.

"It is Eurogamer sir. Someone has activated the secret keywords!” The butler said excitedly like a little kid who was told he could open a present on the night before Christmas.

“Secret keywords?!” Tim Rose repeated but he already knew what it meant he was an intellectual after all. On Eurogamer the legend that is The Mighty Rose had created a secret way for his fans to get him to appear on the board when they needed him and now it seems someone had used that system.

“Someone on EG mentioned Steve Guttenberg?” The Mighty Rose asked the voice in his underpants.

“Indeed sir. Upon mentioning those keywords the signal was sent. It seems The Mighty Rose is needed once more!” The butler said.

“Wait a minute there bro. Tim Rose has made 69 posts on EG. I was going to leave it like that and go down as a legend.” Said Tim Rose.

“But Sir The Mighty Rose is about more than smutty innuendo besides you were already a legend long before you joined EG. Your fans need you.” The Butler said.

“You’re right son. The Mighty Rose, yes, THE Mighty Rose could never abandon his fans. Ok Jenks fire up the bloomer. I’m going back to EG! Tim Rose needs to check in on the littlebigplanet vita thread anyways.” Said the babe magnet extraordinaire as he turned back to the babes.

“Sorry girls looks like The Mighty Rose has to leave this party early. Please feel free to stay here and enjoy yourselves.”

“Oh dahling no you can’t leave us. Who vill get to play with my big boobies now?” Said Elena as she playfully shook her mammaries at Tim Rose.

“Jenks make sure the girls are looked after until The Mighty Rose gets back.” Tim Rose said as he reluctantly left the girls and headed up to his state of the art aircraft on the roof, the legendary flying machine known as The Bloomer.

“Hang on guys The Mighty Rose is on his way!”

Many hours later…………………………………………………………….. ………………………………………………………………………………/

Guys!

The Mighty Rose is here!

Eh? A thread about depression?

Bummer.

Truth is Tim Rose has suffered from it on and off over the years and although some of the advice offered thus far has been excellent sometimes nothing can shift that horrible empty feeling that overcomes you and you just need to try and find a way to cope with it.

It can rob you of all your energy and passion and simple things such as eating, sleeping and going out become a real struggle. For Tim Rose sometimes it can last days or even weeks and he has to remove himself from social gatherings when he is like this much to the chagrain of his fans.
  • Deleted user 19 September 2012 13:24:22
    I can't tell if s/he is funny because I can't be arsed to read the wall of text but my spidey sense is telling me... Nonce.
  • Lukus 19 Sep 2012 13:34:04 19,037 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, he's speaking in the third person. So, yes, nonce.

Paintings & Photographs

• Stickman 19 Sep 2012 13:39:19 29,664 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It wasn't funny the first time. Guess if it's getting more or less funny each time...

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Deleted user 19 September 2012 14:34:00
    I think I remember this guy lol

It can rob you of all your energy and passion and simple things such as eating, sleeping and going out become a real struggle. For Tim Rose sometimes it can last days or even weeks and he has to remove himself from social gatherings when he is like this much to the chagrain of his fans.
    This is very true though.

Edited by Apostle at 14:34:54 19-09-2012
  • Load_2.0 19 Sep 2012 14:57:41 19,109 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You don't have to be depressed to post here.

But it sure helps!
  • Dangerous_Dan 19 Sep 2012 15:11:27 2,380 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lovely read, mighty Rose! Pretty much the most interesting and funny thing I've read on this site today.
  • MetalDog 19 Sep 2012 15:12:26 23,697 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Take your socks and piss off.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Zizoo 19 Sep 2012 15:12:33 8,256 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Rose Rocks!™

ahem...

Edited by ZizouFC at 15:13:08 19-09-2012
  • Deleted user 19 September 2012 15:23:23
    As someone that has suffered from depression for years, physical exercise really helps.

I've been cycling to work for over a year now and I'm a lot more stable as a result.

At the very least it keeps the self loathing at bay as you're generally a lot healthier.
  • Deleted user 19 September 2012 15:25:14
    I have to say I appreciate the time and effort it took to write that little story, Mighty Rose.
  • RedSparrows 19 Sep 2012 17:01:12 22,238 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I for one welcome the Mighty Rose, because it's just plain stupid, which I like.
  • muttler 19 Sep 2012 17:42:56 3,976 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm going through a particularly rough go of depression and anxiety for about a year.  By the way, Halo pals, if I'm being quiet on the mic and not saying much / at all, I'm not being rude or offended at someone, its because I sometimes get really anxious and I can't speak.  It's really weird, its like I'm too shy to even laugh.  I don't really know what's wrong with me, but since I've steadfastly refused pills (tried em all and in my experience they all made things alot worse) I've now been referred to a shrink.
  • Deleted user 19 September 2012 18:12:18
    I empathise completely Rich. I refused the pills as I've seen them become the downfall of many a friend. You've got to try and fill that hole yourself.

The hardest thing is the general population's refusal to see that depression is a genuine illness. I've been convinced that I'm bipolar for a while now, I certainly have a lot of the symptoms but for my family and work colleagues that kind of talk is just a load of excuses. So you keep it to yourself.

I had counselling which ended up pretty non conclusive as after my allotted slots the counsellor stated she didn't believe in labels. Now I understand and can appreciate that mentality but categorisation is pretty much how science works so we can greater understand the world around us.

I just ended up confused but because I hadn't had any suicidal thoughts and my self filled score card didn't present me as a threat to myself or others I was politely told my time was up.

So I've been trying my best to take control of my own mind and the exercise I've undertaken has augmented my state of mind for the better without actually filling the void.

Don't know if anyone gives a shit but I feel a lot better getting this out. Normalcy requires you to get on with work/life with your emotions blunted.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 18:14:57 19-09-2012

Edited by AdamAsunder at 18:16:33 19-09-2012
  • smoothpete 19 Sep 2012 18:14:49 31,464 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    By the way, Halo pals, if I'm being quiet on the mic and not saying much / at all, I'm not being rude or offended at someone, its because I sometimes get really anxious and I can't speak.  It's really weird, its like I'm too shy to even laugh. 
    I wouldn't worry about that, I think it makes you normal. I can't talk on XBL to the extent I can't be bothered to play online anymore. It's too fucking weird. And I spend a lot of my day on the phone at work so you'd think I'd be used to it
  • muttler 19 Sep 2012 19:02:45 3,976 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers Jive, Pete.
  • Page

of 142 First / Last