Depression Page 100

• Page

of 143 First / Last

• RedSparrows 12 Aug 2012 19:22:46 22,649 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cooking is great.
  • Deleted user 12 August 2012 19:34:00
    What's your favourite recipes Mr Sparrows?
  • sid92 12 Aug 2012 19:53:12 599 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    In my own peronal experience i left and went travelling for 2 years, i was depressed with my job, my life my isomnia (clinical) everything, got to a point were i would never leave the house except for work and exercise never going out at weekends with friends or anything never spending any money. So one day i decided i would leave get away from it all so i went and lived with my uncle in canada for 6 months and then went to japan and thailand travelling for almost 2 years.
  • spamdangled 12 Aug 2012 20:11:47 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    @DarkMorgado - The idea of cooking has always appealed to me. In fact I watch quite a few cooking shows on TV, last one being Two Fat Italians. I even bought the book, well, for my mum anyway. I've always wanted to do some cooking, I think I'll give it a go.
    Never seen that. I'd start off with something simple rather than diving into the deep end - the BBC website has a huge compendium of recipes that you can browse and filter by ingredients, season, etc. The Tesco website also has a good few, and gives the benefit of being able to instantly add things to your shopping list and plan a whole week of meals based on your preferences.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 12 August 2012 20:29:15
    Sounds good.

You should watch The Fat Italians, if you like Italian food and Italian culture, and the country itself, in any way at all. It's very funny too, good chemistry between the two guys.

The depression thread has become the cooking thread! Is there a place on EG for cooking?
  • spamdangled 12 Aug 2012 20:35:21 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There's a shittonne of cooking threads :-)

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• jablonski 20 Aug 2012 09:51:25 4,121 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    Well done, best thing you can do atm. Honestly should pat yourself on the back for making the appointment.
    Hi all, it took me a week or 2 longer than I'd hoped, but I got to the doctors and have been put on Citalopram 20mg.

Thanks for your help.
  • Deleted user 20 August 2012 10:08:50
    Good going buddy, hope it works out for you :)
  • Zomoniac 20 Aug 2012 11:25:47 7,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was put on that this time last year and it helped me no end. I was in a right mess and it seemed to provide a very good fix. Came off it in April, now all is good, hope it works as well for you as it did me.
  • Rusty_M 20 Aug 2012 11:34:46 4,681 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why the hell did I read that as cinnamon?

I must need more sleep.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Cadence 20 Aug 2012 12:15:17 1,687 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    Apostle wrote:
    Well done, best thing you can do atm. Honestly should pat yourself on the back for making the appointment.
    Hi all, it took me a week or 2 longer than I'd hoped, but I got to the doctors and have been put on Citalopram 20mg.

Thanks for your help.
    I'm on the same at the moment. Took a few months to work, but it really has helped enormously now. Stick with it though, first few weeks it can make you feel worse, insomnia and increased anxiety are common.

Edited by Cadence at 12:15:34 20-08-2012
  • jablonski 20 Aug 2012 12:15:22 4,121 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    Good going buddy, hope it works out for you :)
    Thanks mate.
    My friend said that this kind of drug took about 2 weeks to kick in for him.

Have others found this to be the case?
  • jablonski 20 Aug 2012 12:16:27 4,121 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers Cadence, just seen your reply.
    A few months? Oh, hoped it would be quicker.
    Really looking forward to any kind of change, I really need it.
  • MadCaddy13 20 Aug 2012 12:33:39 1,921 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cadence wrote:
    jablonski wrote:
    Apostle wrote:

Thanks for your help.
    I'm on the same at the moment. Took a few months to work, but it really has helped enormously now. Stick with it though, first few weeks it can make you feel worse, insomnia and increased anxiety are common.

Edited by Cadence at 12:15:34 20-08-2012
    yup I too was on it in November last year through to the end of may. It worked great - been off it since. I did have a couple of relapses in July but it seems to have sorted itself out.
  • Cadence 20 Aug 2012 12:34:04 1,687 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that was just for me, I know others for whom it only took a couple of weeks to kick in. I think the important point is that it can make you feel a bit worse before it gets better, so be prepared for that and don't give up thinking that the medicine isn't working at all. Good luck to you mate. PM me if you want any more info.

Edited by Cadence at 12:35:09 20-08-2012
  • RedSparrows 20 Aug 2012 12:35:34 22,649 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    What's your favourite recipes Mr Sparrows?
    Anything involving the words 'Italian', 'pasta' and 'tomatoes'.

I am very boring.
  • Deleted user 20 August 2012 12:59:08
    That's the basis for probably 90% of Italian food so probably not too boring :)

@jablonski - I think in general most medications take a few weeks to kick in. Be patient, try to be positive in the meantime.
  • jablonski 20 Aug 2012 13:10:19 4,121 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cadence wrote:
    Well that was just for me, I know others for whom it only took a couple of weeks to kick in. I think the important point is that it can make you feel a bit worse before it gets better, so be prepared for that and don't give up thinking that the medicine isn't working at all. Good luck to you mate. PM me if you want any more info.
    Thanks mate, that's very kind.
  • jablonski 21 Aug 2012 14:54:24 4,121 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not sure if it's coincidence, but I've been on the tablets 4 days now and today has been really difficult.
    Just cannot get myself to do any work, no matter what I do.
    Just resent everyone I work for and how crap my job is and how dead-end it all is etc.

Really crazy turnaround, as I was feeling not too bad yesterday.

Total paralysing lack of motivation and interest.
    I'm not in a foul mood, which is good, but just really resigned to it all.
  • KD 21 Aug 2012 15:00:55 664 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Give it time jab, I took Citalopram for 3 months and first weeks were a bit dodgy for mood and sleeping. After 3 months I came off them and the doctor put me on sertraline and seroquel instead which I been on at different levels for a year or 2.

It might take a bit of time but you'll get what you need
  • Deckard1 21 Aug 2012 15:02:39 27,981 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rick Moranis always cheers me up when I'm down. I keep this picture on me at all times just in case.

• jablonski 21 Aug 2012 15:38:11 4,121 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seeing as he retired from the movie business because his wife died of liver cancer, I don't find him the most inspiration person in terms of motivation.
    No dig at him, it's just a sad story.
  • Deckard1 21 Aug 2012 15:39:43 27,981 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tough crowd
  • jablonski 21 Aug 2012 16:29:41 4,121 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Tough crowd
    I'm sure your post cured at least half of us though.
  • jablonski 21 Aug 2012 16:42:54 4,121 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EyeLand wrote:
    Supposed to give them at least two weeks aren't you so you know the score! Incidentally I'm told it's best to avoid alcohol as much as possible as it seems to reverse any effects.
    That's going to be very difficult.
  • Innes 21 Aug 2012 16:55:36 117 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How i conquered anxiety and depression:

Exercise.

CBT.

And a small dash of HTFU.
  • Deleted user 21 August 2012 16:57:59
    Very interesting thread, nice to see everyone being so compassionate for a change.
    Society seems to be so focused on money and looks etc that a lot of people expect so much more out of life and themselves, they compare their lives to what they see on mtv. 95% of people lead dull lives compared to what's on tv. Need to be more realistic with life and try find inner peace, start with accepting yourself then things around you can improve and not the other way round.
    I am still trying to accomplish this, not easy.
  • Cadence 21 Aug 2012 16:59:01 1,687 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Eyeland is right unfortunately. It was difficult for me to accept too, but after a couple of nights drinking I'd get the fear. The alcohol does seem to interfere with the citalopram's effectiveness that's for sure. I still drink occasionally but at the start I was drinking a lot, perhaps that's one reason I found they took a month or two to work properly for me.
  • Page

of 143 First / Last