Just Been Dumped Page 33

• Page

of 35 First / Last

• L_Franko Moderator 11 Apr 2011 16:09:46 9,694 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ronuds wrote:

I think they mean the kind of blackout where you forget everything that happened - not where you fall over.

I always forget stuff, just this weekend I found someones house keys in my pocket after a session with no idea which house I might have picked them up from but I know my choices, even if I forget them, will be the correct choice.
  • Load_2.0 11 Apr 2011 16:12:55 18,949 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's as simple as "no one will ever know" I don't think many people would cheat on their partner if they knew that partner would find out.

It's a poor decision made with impaired judgement, like 4am chicken wings it usually ends with someone getting the shits.

• CosmicFuzz 11 Apr 2011 16:13:44 23,362 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load "$" wrote:
    It's as simple as "no one will ever know" I don't think many people would cheat on their partner if they knew that partner would find out.

It's a poor decision made with impaired judgement, like 4am chicken wings it usually ends with someone getting the shits.

Christ now the ex is FHUTA-ing the girlfriend?!

Can video games be a force for good? My latest article says yes!

• CosmicFuzz 11 Apr 2011 16:15:00 23,362 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    L_Franko wrote:
    StarMagic wrote:
    No you are very much wrong L_Franko. Have you never had a blackout? I have with drinking where I've lost numerous hours, and other people I know have. It is very much real.

We are all different I guess but I only ever get to the point where I pass out while still standing. I have never been conscious and not aware of what I am doing. I don't think I could get to the blackout stage as I would just pass out, that has always been my final stage.

I think they mean the kind of blackout where you forget everything that happened - not where you fall over.

I tried to use this defence when I got charged with DUI, but it didn't work :(

Alright biggsy! You crazy bastard.

• CosmicFuzz 11 Apr 2011 16:15:30 23,362 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:

You've never done something stupid, like trying to climb up on somewhere, or take a piss in the street, or said something to someone, or phoned someone up, etc whilst drunk? I've (attempted) most of them anyway when drunk, stuff I'd never do sober. Stupid stuff. Why couldn't you have a drunken shag? Perhaps it's been a rough patch and at that moment you're really pissed off with partner or whatever.

It does happen, I've seen films about it :)

Well when I was younger I was a mouthy little sod when drinking but I can honestly say I never done anything that would have hurt a partner or a friend. I'm sure I have tried to climb stuff and other things along those lines but my comment was mainly about cheating, sleeping with people you would regret.
    I often worry that I would do that stuff while drunk but when it gets to that point I am always able to pass it up. Shortly after I will pass out :)

An excellent in-built defence mechanism! :)

• ronuds 11 Apr 2011 16:16:24 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    Like they're going to tell you they effed around. You'll just have to wonder forever!

'She came home a little late - it's no big deal. And I'll pretend I didn't see the hotel-room receipt in her purse.'

:p
    f'ing hell, paranoid much?
    there are ways you can tell. but that comes with wisdom and experience. :p

Finding them in bed together is a dead giveaway...

I'm not paranoid - I was kidding!
  • localnotail 11 Apr 2011 16:16:57 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I take it that you managed not to return to that bad habit this weekend L_Franko? ;)

I think I am probably arguing from an odd position of never having split up with someone that I'd return to bed with willingly. They have been replaced in my affections, I'm an all-or-nothing person. So the ex issue confounds me, I can't imagine wanting to go back to them, they are in the past, I have moved on, they have moved on. I meet new people occasionally who interest me, but I'm very happy with what I have and completely unwilling to risk losing it. I think I might be a grown up. *shudders*

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Deleted user 11 April 2011 16:17:39
    Salaman wrote:
    How did this go from "I went to see a concert with a friend whom I in the past have had sex with" to a discussion on whether or not people can stop themselves from shagging like monkees in a zoo when completely smashed.

i blame the paranoid Mr Fuzz.
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Apr 2011 16:20:06 23,362 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DcP729UK wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    How did this go from "I went to see a concert with a friend whom I in the past have had sex with" to a discussion on whether or not people can stop themselves from shagging like monkees in a zoo when completely smashed.

No chance! I was always talking about going out drinking with an ex. Aside from a few people, everyone else thought it was about not trusting your partner every time they go out. I have no idea why it became that topic.

• warlockuk 11 Apr 2011 16:20:50 19,134 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Wrong, from experience, past and very recent, no matter how much you drink you are still very much in control of what you are going to end up doing.
    I've been so pissed I can't walk on my own but at the same time I was damn sure I wasn't going to do the thing I was been offered to do as I knew it was a bad idea.
    Aye. It's not a case of you aren't in control. You just no longer give a fuck :)

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• AcidSnake 11 Apr 2011 16:21:22 7,223 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't look at me, I was busy creating a sitcom...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• L_Franko Moderator 11 Apr 2011 16:27:20 9,694 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I take it that you managed not to return to that bad habit this weekend L_Franko? ;)

I think I am probably arguing from an odd position of never having split up with someone that I'd return to bed with willingly. They have been replaced in my affections, I'm an all-or-nothing person. So the ex issue confounds me, I can't imagine wanting to go back to them, they are in the past, I have moved on, they have moved on. I meet new people occasionally who interest me, but I'm very happy with what I have and completely unwilling to risk losing it. I think I might be a grown up. *shudders*

It was a hard test and I knew it would be as it was a full day session and I'm single but I passed \0/

I will never doubt myself ever again :)
  • localnotail 11 Apr 2011 16:37:50 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh bravo, well done :D

StarMagic wrote:
    You're an odd one though aren't you local. I remember you admitted you live in a kind of bubble where you only care about the here and now. I'm not being insulting, or trying not to :), but most people's minds drift back to exes and what could have been.

I am odd, yes. I'm not sure that's such a bad thing though, in this instance.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• ronuds 11 Apr 2011 16:39:52 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm sure your bf appreciates it. :p
  • andytheadequate 11 Apr 2011 16:40:10 8,084 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    Don't look at me, I was busy creating a sitcom...

I think this sitcom needs its own thread. It's too big for this one, perhaps too big for this forum
  • Deleted user 11 April 2011 16:41:14
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:
    Salaman wrote:

No chance! I was always talking about going out drinking with an ex. Aside from a few people, everyone else thought it was about not trusting your partner every time they go out. I have no idea why it became that topic.
    i was also referring to ex's all the while i've been posting. i mean, that's the flow of the convo! ;]
  • AcidSnake 11 Apr 2011 16:42:14 7,223 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In season 3 the mother character could have a fling with Bigshot...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• LionheartDJH 11 Apr 2011 16:47:11 19,359 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    ronuds wrote:

I tried to use this defence when I got charged with DUI, but it didn't work :(

Alright biggsy! You crazy bastard.

Hey I was joking! I can't even drive, let alone drink at the same time!

/awaits PM with sister's number after proving innocence and 'good lad' nature

;)

She dives for cheese pasties

• CosmicFuzz 11 Apr 2011 16:49:03 23,362 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hahahahaha I admire your perseverance!

• FWB 11 Apr 2011 21:35:18 43,881 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is why you should stick to fucking animals. Give them some food and they shut up.
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Apr 2011 21:39:30 23,362 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I dunno. My dog's always phoning me, wanting to know what I'm doing, if I'm thinking about her. It's getting a bit creepy.

• LionheartDJH 11 Apr 2011 23:03:53 19,359 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Your dog sounds like it escaped from Grand Theft Auto IV.

She dives for cheese pasties

• andytheadequate 12 Apr 2011 11:27:34 8,084 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Your dog sounds like it escaped from Grand Theft Auto IV.

"Hey, Niiicccooo, Lets go to a teeettty bar!"
  • RichieTenenbaum 22 Apr 2011 00:41:23 2,181 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is this thread just for the dumped? Or do the 'i just broke up with...' people get a look in?
  • RedSparrows 22 Apr 2011 00:47:20 22,082 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Depends how emo you are about it.
  • RichieTenenbaum 22 Apr 2011 00:50:54 2,181 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mildly.
  • Blotto 22 Apr 2011 00:51:37 2,728 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'd rather the recently available girl who's looking for a rebound guy but sure, knock yourself out.
  • kingnothing12 8 May 2011 17:23:04 540 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well don't really know where to put this so thought i'd bump this thread even though it's over 2 weeks old.

Pretty much split up with my girlfriend of 5 years, we were due to move intogether end of july but things have been hard for both of us these past couple months. It's more her decision but in the long run i do think it will be for the best.

The fact that i've been working all weekend has made this even harder and to just suddenly cut contact with someone you have been so close to for 5 years is going to be really tough. Haven't been emo in a long time but i think this situation always calls for it.

Fuck.
  • Page

of 35 First / Last