Anyone had problems with shopto.net? Page 4

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• Deleted user 20 October 2009 11:15:12
    They wouldn't accept my card so they can fo tbh.
  • mingster 20 Oct 2009 11:17:44 3,270 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've ordered loads of stuff from them.. they've always delivered a day or to prior to release date. They've always been the cheapest as well.
  • Flying_Pig 20 Oct 2009 11:21:55 10,688 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My issue with them (and Zavvi too) is that their site is shite. I don't know if it's just me, but both take ages to load, with masses of format issues etc...

Still - they sell cheap games :)
  • estoo 20 Oct 2009 11:36:49 2,798 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^^True, it's a complete nightmare trying to use it on a mobile phone.
  • kinky_mong 20 Oct 2009 15:21:54 9,958 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    My issue with them (and Zavvi too) is that their site is shite. I don't know if it's just me, but both take ages to load, with masses of format issues etc...

Still - they sell cheap games :)

Couldn't agree more. The most annoying part is that the search bar get obscured by the drop down menus when you try and click on it. I've also tried repeatedly over the past three months to buy something from them with a card I've used with them before 4 months ago, and I still get the error associated with having a flat number in the address, which they told me would be fixed two months ago. I'm with N@ in that respect.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• dr_swin 29 Oct 2010 09:51:57 4,865 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shopto have marked my account a duplicate and decided to close it. Not only that but they have been sending about 10 spam e-mails per day telling me as such. I would try and phone them to tell them, but there seems to be something wrong with their phone system as it won't connect most of the time and when it does it is engaged.
  • PenguinJim 1 Dec 2010 13:36:23 5,758 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Their new "upgraded" site is a fucking shitepile. I know it's only been two days, but it simply will not load anything useful in Chrome, and it's slow and broken in IE for me now as well - unbrowsable. I keep forgetting, and think I'll pop back and see if they have any new special offers, only to have their site piss in my face again.

Someone tell Igor to get a refund on his site "upgrade" and give everyone a 50p discount on their next order. Until they get it fixed they've at least lost this customer, and I can't be the only one, surely?
  • dnbuk 1 Dec 2010 19:20:59 4,942 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Used it last night (Firefox) Was fine.
  • Aretak 6 Dec 2010 16:42:27 10,345 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Last month there was a coupon code floating around for them, offering 3 off an order. Great I thought, and ordered Football Manager 2011 from them with it. Never heard anything from them about it since. On Friday I ordered WoW Cataclysm from them, and they processed the money from my bank account. However, the order then disappeared from my account, and I was left with an 'account balance' with them of the Cataclysm price minus 3.

Contacting them, they've informed me that the coupon I used a month ago was only supposed to be for new customers, so they've subtracted that amount from what they charged me for Cataclysm and left the rest in my account as a "credit". They now refuse to refund the rest of that money. Am I wrong in thinking that this is disgraceful behaviour? I authorized them to charge my card for a pre-order, and they've used part of the money to clear a debt they never told me I had, and won't return the rest.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter as I'll just get in touch with my card company and perform a chargeback, but it's really pissed me off that they've done this, and what's more didn't even inform me they'd done it -- I only found out when I went to check on my pre-order, so now I'll have no Cataclysm tomorrow either.
  • PanStre 1 Apr 2011 07:49:04 425 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone having problems with their website right now? I'm finding it damn impossible to actually log in to my account, the 'log in' here on the side of the page doesn't load and the one up the top doesn't do anything once you click on the log-in button.
  • robthehermit 1 Apr 2011 07:56:02 3,971 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    shopto have one of the most hideous slowloading websites in the world.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• PanStre 12 May 2011 17:50:30 425 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shopto also seems to have developed a nasty habit of causing Internet Explorer to crash.
  • THFourteen 12 Nov 2011 14:09:59 32,863 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmmmm had to change my shopto password and it wiped my stored credit card details.

Now it won't let me add new cards, keeps getting rejected by sagepay.
  • andywilkie35 12 Nov 2011 15:09:27 5,338 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah I can't access it through IE anymore, works ok on everything else though

I tell you what's not shit about them though - my brother had Ass Creed and Halo Anniversary delivered to him today. What a great retailer!

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Toothball Moderator 13 Nov 2011 10:00:25 372 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I tried to order something from ShopTo recently. I got a bit frustrated when I tried to access the registration page from my basket, which instead it decided to redirect me back to my basked each time. I had to clear it to move on.

The dealbreaker came when I tried to fill out my details. I think I'd missed a field the first time as it asked me to check. After that I made sure every field was filled in, but it still refused to accept that I had done so. I lost interest at that point and gave up on the order.

I expect there was probably a way around it, but when a site doesn't work in what seems like a fairly fundamental way I don't see much reason to stick around.
  • geeza2020 20 Dec 2011 10:47:59 1,882 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well shopto can officially fuck off as far as I'm concerned. They've decided to put some shitty password renewal system on their site so you have to change your password with them every fucking month (!) via an email they send you. The problem with this (other than constant pestering by the cunts at shopto) is my email account with hotmail was randomly closed by microsoft and they will not let me back into it for love nor money, so I cannot access the change password email. This has basically made shopto unusable for me as when I try to sign up with a new email address it says I am trying to create another account for myself at the same address which is not allowed. And if they think I am going to phone them to sort it out they can stuff it up their arses, I'll be buying my games from somewhere else in future, somewhere that doesnt have such ridiculous rules in place that seem to be there for no reason other than to cause fucking hassle. I just want some fucking microsoft points ffs.
  • AceGrace 20 Dec 2011 13:01:50 1,026 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So you are blaming shopto because of a problem with hotmail.

Just ring them.
  • Syrette 20 Dec 2011 13:06:44 43,099 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You rage at them yet you won't do the first thing that comes to mind, i.e. calling them?

They're only doing it for extra security. That's not a bad thing.

• Syrette 20 Dec 2011 13:14:43 43,099 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And I've not been prompted to change my email anywhere. I haven't bought anything off them since Assassin's Creed: Revelations though.

• WrongShui 20 Dec 2011 13:22:57 6,600 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had an issue with Shopto once a few years back, haven't used them since.

They were great up until that one time though.
  • geeza2020 21 Dec 2011 12:17:05 1,882 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fuck off will I call them. That costs me money, and theres no fucking way I'm spending money just to be able to use my account.

I'm done with Shopto.
  • FanBoysSuck 21 Dec 2011 13:04:59 1,448 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Or you could try sorting out your randomly closed email account with microsoft via email? Or email shopto about the situation? Hassle maybe, but free. Aren't their helplines both free anyway?

I agree the website code is pretty awful though. I've come across a few mates who had issues signing up and the form breaking. The site also needs a good bit of optimisation IMO.

When they started this password reset system it defaulted my account to my billing address for some reason so I had to go and pick up my girlfriends birthday present from my folks place. Quickly sorted by logging in and changing the address for future purchases.

I still think they're awesome. Ordered a couple of DS games on monday and they turned up next day as normal :)

For the emperor!

• kinky_mong 21 Dec 2011 16:09:59 9,958 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    geeza2020 wrote:
    Fuck off will I call them. That costs me money, and theres no fucking way I'm spending money just to be able to use my account.

I'm done with Shopto.
    Enjoy your more expensive games with slower delivery in the future!

You can read this while you wait for the next game to arrive.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Syrette 21 Dec 2011 16:22:10 43,099 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    geeza2020 wrote:

I'm done with Shopto.
    No, it won't cost you money. Nor would emailing them.

0800 779 7777 (source: every page on the ShopTo website)

• Deleted user 21 December 2011 16:24:47
    Microsoft don't randomly close accounts, just compromised ones.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last