Anyone had problems with shopto.net? Page 6

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• monkehhh 16 Oct 2012 19:59:01 3,507 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The classic Twitter guy is back for ShopTo, you'd think they'd employ someone to man their feed who could string a sentence together.
  • jasondonervan 16 Oct 2012 19:59:03 98 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    dudewheresmybrain wrote:im wondering if its something to do with my account being old
    It's not - I experienced the exact same problem as you with my pre-order for Borderlands 2, and my account was quite active (well, until now). No sign of the code, so I had to phone ST (using the 'say no to 0870' method) after a weekend without the code/game, and managed to scrape a refund back. A shame that they've not bothered to fix it, seems like there are quite a few folks round these parts still being stung.

Edited by jasondonervan at 19:59:34 16-10-2012
  • dudewheresmybrain 16 Oct 2012 20:13:48 675 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jasondonervan wrote:
    dudewheresmybrain wrote:im wondering if its something to do with my account being old
    It's not - I experienced the exact same problem as you with my pre-order for Borderlands 2, and my account was quite active (well, until now). No sign of the code, so I had to phone ST (using the 'say no to 0870' method) after a weekend without the code/game, and managed to scrape a refund back. A shame that they've not bothered to fix it, seems like there are quite a few folks round these parts still being stung.
    Aw man, sounds like theyve gone downhill!

Whats the "say no to 0870" method? Im going to have to call from my mobile at work tomorrow so any way to reduce cost would be appriciated..

question is do i buy it somewhere else tonight or hope they sort it out tomorrow
  • jasondonervan 16 Oct 2012 21:19:17 98 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    SayNoTo0870

This is the number I used, standard UK landline, no 5p per minute nonsense: 01344 404773

I wouldn't rely on them to sort it out tbh... I lost patience and just went through Steam as I all I wanted to do was play the game I'd paid for.

I had a run of bad experiences with ShopTo in recent months, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. It may come across like sour grapes, but it's disappointment more than anything. I used to recommend ST to anyone and everyone, but since they borked their own website and began offering little more than sub-par customer service, I can't say anything other than to avoid using them.
  • dudewheresmybrain 16 Oct 2012 22:00:39 675 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks for the number - ill give them a call in the morning.

im hoping they can give me the code when i call - otherwise ill ask for a refund and go elsewhere!

I used to be the same, looks like theyve really gone downhill since they got a bit bigger!

Thanks again
  • Syrette 16 Oct 2012 22:06:36 44,211 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looks to me like most problems are downloads related though.

They've always been and continue to be spot on for me (I only buy physical copies of games from them).

Based on this forum alone I'd avoid buying digital copies off them like the plague though, but for everything else people seem to have few complaints.

• FabricatedLunatic 18 Oct 2012 13:32:30 13,040 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shopto's site is absolutely buggered for me when I'm logged in. Searches return an error message, and I can't access my cart or the checkout (getting a "server error" page on Chrome and blank page on Firefox). Anybody else? I put in a support ticket but haven't got anywhere yet.
  • sickpuppysoftware 18 Oct 2012 13:40:57 1,351 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    dudewheresmybrain wrote:
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    @dudewheresmybrain it's in 'orders'. Click on your order for the details, which should include the code
    thanks for the reply! theres nothing in the order for me, strangely the order confirmation email just says "thanks for your order. £XX has been paid on your credit card (or something thereabouts)... theres no mention of what ive ordered etc. In the order details its just like your normal order summary, no mention of a code or anything ... i havent used shopto in about 5 years, since i was in uni, so im wondering if its something to do with my account being old - really gutted though because i wanted to play the DLC tonight! :(
    That was the issue I had and I've used it recently with no problem up until the website change. I finally got my total refund sorted the other day. It took far to long and involved contacting them on the website, via twitter and by phone.

I'm now using electronic first for instant PSN cards. They seem to get codes to you within a few hours. Slower than ShopTo but not too slow and at least you actually get the codes.

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• a-very-ugly-man-2 18 Oct 2012 18:28:41 6 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hi all I was a member on here a while back (a very ugly man) I didn't use much so deactivated my account.

I had to join as I still enjoy reading posts etc and want to tell of my experience with this abysmal e shop I joined it as I had preordered monkey ball vita at its cheap price,however having noticed penguin jim post yesterday at dragons dogma at a good price thought I would have some of that.

I was on the lookout for a ps3 for my son and noticed they sold the scarlett red ps3 at £239 not a cheap price but cheaper than other sites,could of got a black ps3 cheaper and the super slim is a step back
    So I bought this as well.

Well can't fault the company for speed of delivery but my 1st experience is this console comes in a much larger box than itself with no padding,so it's juddered about loosely smashed the dragons dogma case the ps3 is in a opened box the controllers looked used noticed by the dual shock are marked the lines you get from use IM BLEEDING FUMING never again £255 for a used machine . I havent even plugged it in very annoying.
  • monkehhh 18 Oct 2012 18:32:23 3,507 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @a-very-ugly-man-2 Return it?
  • Mark1412 18 Oct 2012 18:34:40 596 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not surprised, Shopto are cunts. Send it back.

• a-very-ugly-man-2 18 Oct 2012 18:37:56 6 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @monkehhh

I've rung them and it cost a small fortune didn't even get a apology great customer service for a new member and 1st time buyer :-( they just said they will get a courier out tomorrow and had no contact since about anyone coming to pick it up.
  • Fake_Blood 18 Oct 2012 18:38:28 4,446 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Take pictures. Post them online. Send link to their twitter account.
  • a-very-ugly-man-2 18 Oct 2012 18:39:48 6 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Might as well of took my chances with eBay at least the packaging might have been up to scratch.

Once monkey ball VITA comes if it does? Last transaction with them.
  • fletch7100 18 Oct 2012 18:40:20 7,446 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just complain and return it. Item wasn't sent to you in a properly packaged parcel. Any damage is the shops problem for not packaging it correctly. I would have taken photo of the open parcel and condition It was sent to you in.

I Only buy games from shopto and never had any problems. Brought headset and ms point cards with out any dramas as well from them. Customer for over 4 years and no complaints or issues

Can't say about download service as never had a need to use it

Edited by fletch7100 at 18:44:38 18-10-2012
  • a-very-ugly-man-2 18 Oct 2012 18:41:21 6 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    anyone else had issues regarding consoles? Wish it gave me a option for the transaction with PayPal now least I would be covered more.
  • a-very-ugly-man-2 18 Oct 2012 18:45:59 6 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    I just complain and return it. Item wasn't sent to you in a properly packaged parcel. Any damage is the shops problem for not packaging it correctly. I would have taken photo of the open parcel and condition It was sent to you in.

I Only buy games from shopto and never had any problems. Brought headset and ms point cards with out any dramas as well from them.

Can't say about download service as never used it as Xbox gamer only

Yes couldn't believe it the box it came in was twice the size of the console box poor game didn't stand a chance :-( should of packed it with foam,paper,or something.
  • a-very-ugly-man-2 18 Oct 2012 21:29:45 6 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    Take pictures. Post them online. Send link to their twitter account.
    I joined twitter tonight just to get some contact as I can't find a email for them,spent enough credit on the phone.

Twitter response contact CS IN the morning great more credit on phone should of been done today as I spent long enough on there.

They need a online chat where problems can be resolved quickly .....1st time buyer probably worst online shop I've used last purchase.

Sound like a moaner but I spent £255+ not a few pennies.
  • FabricatedLunatic 25 Apr 2013 18:29:57 13,040 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Huh. First time I've ordered something on "5-minute dispatch" that hasn't been posted on the day I placed the order. I've had stuff posted next day before, and that's fine, but never when it's supposed to have been out the door in 5 minutes.

This happened to anyone else?
  • DFawkes 25 Apr 2013 21:34:03 24,047 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, last time I ordered that happened. Was posted the next day at 5pm. Not that I minded, still got there the day after that. I think some stock labelled 5 minute dispatch isn't really - the one I bought was on sale so I suspect it had been 5 min at one time.

Nothing to worry about, I don't think. Or at least I hope so for your sake :)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• f311 2 Sep 2013 23:51:35 300 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Had so many problems with shopto.

Ordered 5 games from them and 2 arrived, claimed the money back off the lost ones, after 15 working days of course, tried ordering a 6th to find my account had been suspended while they investigated my address and basically accuse me of lying.

Went to simply games and not had a problem, 10+ games delivered the day before release.
  • BillMurray 6 Sep 2013 19:19:51 7,905 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What an absolute pain in the arse it is to change your delivery address with Shopto.
  • Rhaegyr 11 Nov 2013 12:27:43 2,723 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Never had a problem with them myself (love their service), however a friend has just called me and explained a situation after I recommended them to him.

He tried signing up to the site in order to pre-order a PS4 bundle; entered all his details, including his bank account, and tried registering multiple times (15 in total) yet wasn't able to create an account for some technical reason - this was yesterday.

After checking his bank account today he's £15 out of pocket; he called ShopTo asking if he had an account and if he could get his money back - he was told he wasn't able to create an account due to an 'online error' and that no money would be able to be returned to him for some other frivolous reason.

Feel a little foolish recommending them now and shocked at ShopTo tbh - always thought their service was great yet this makes me look at them in a different light.
  • monkehhh 11 Nov 2013 13:02:51 3,507 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    1 quid is the standard amount used to check if a card is valid, they won't take the money but they will attempt to reserve it. I'd expect the money to be available in 3-5 days ish. If it isn't, contact the bank and tell them.
  • DaM 11 Nov 2013 14:10:13 13,529 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They might have a fee from the CC company to refund on to the credit card (I've got £3 in my head, but it depends on the card etc). They really do screw businesses - great for customers though!
  • Page

of 8 First / Last