Anyone had problems with shopto.net? Page 5

  • Page

    of 7 First / Last

  • Deleted user 21 December 2011 16:35:38
    Shopto do make sorting out your account fucking awful. To the point where I just gave up on them.
  • geeza2020 21 Dec 2011 20:47:30 1,886 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    geeza2020 wrote:
    Fuck off will I call them. That costs me money, and theres no fucking way I'm spending money just to be able to use my account.

    I'm done with Shopto.
    Enjoy your more expensive games with slower delivery in the future!

    You can read this while you wait for the next game to arrive.
    Do you actually get paid by shopto to type this drivel, or were you just this retarded at birth?
  • kinky_mong 22 Dec 2011 14:31:36 10,121 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    geeza2020 wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    geeza2020 wrote:
    Fuck off will I call them. That costs me money, and theres no fucking way I'm spending money just to be able to use my account.

    I'm done with Shopto.
    Enjoy your more expensive games with slower delivery in the future!

    You can read this while you wait for the next game to arrive.
    Do you actually get paid by shopto to type this drivel, or were you just this retarded at birth?
    Retarded? You're the one who can't find a freephone number in plain sight on their website.

    I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

  • geeza2020 22 Dec 2011 16:01:40 1,886 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Who said I couldnt find the number? Now your doing the typically retarded thing and putting words into my mouth. I refuse to call it because I only have a mobile phone and there IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE CALL FROM A MOBILE, GENIUS.
  • MrDigital 22 Dec 2011 16:10:12 1,866 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    geeza2020 wrote:
    Who said I couldnt find the number? Now your doing the typically retarded thing and putting words into my mouth. I refuse to call it because I only have a mobile phone and there IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE CALL FROM A MOBILE, GENIUS.
    Actually, my provider do give me free calls to 0800 numbers.

    Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

  • andywilkie35 22 Dec 2011 16:43:08 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also you can remove the initial 0, so from a mobile dial 800 and it's free

    PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

  • FWB 22 Dec 2011 16:49:37 44,193 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's not convenient, but since someone is constantly trying to hack them, I don't blame them for the extra security.
  • Syrette 22 Dec 2011 17:09:10 43,295 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Shopto do make sorting out your account fucking awful. To the point where I just gave up on them.
    Do they?

    I mean I'm a regular buyer/user of the site, and I've never had a single problem with them. Am I just lucky?

    And nor would I if I had to change my password every so often. I can afford 30 seconds of my time to doing so.

  • FanBoysSuck 23 Dec 2011 10:24:05 1,469 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For some reason they've defaulted to shipping to my billing address again even though I changed it the other day. Their website is seriously fucked.

    Edited by FanBoysSuck at 10:24:22 23-12-2011

    For the emperor!

  • kinky_mong 23 Dec 2011 12:22:00 10,121 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    geeza2020 wrote:
    Who said I couldnt find the number? Now your doing the typically retarded thing and putting words into my mouth. I refuse to call it because I only have a mobile phone and there IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE CALL FROM A MOBILE, GENIUS.
    I won't explain how you're wrong because the previous few comments told you why. All I will say is you're clearly stupid, tight and just generally a bellend.

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

  • AceGrace 23 Dec 2011 12:50:30 1,073 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    :)
  • Deleted user 26 December 2011 12:19:25
    kinky_mong wrote:
    geeza2020 wrote:
    Who said I couldnt find the number? Now your doing the typically retarded thing and putting words into my mouth. I refuse to call it because I only have a mobile phone and there IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE CALL FROM A MOBILE, GENIUS.
    I won't explain how you're wrong because the previous few comments told you why. All I will say is you're clearly stupid, tight and just generally a bellend.

    Have a Merry Christmas!
    EUROGAMER!

    COME! For the warm beaches.
    STAY! For the cheap booze.
    COMMIT SUICIDE! Because of the overarching tone of hatred and superiority than manifests even at Christmas!

    Because, at Eurogamer, there's always someone who hates you for no reason.
  • Cadence 27 Feb 2012 21:28:24 1,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chaps, I just saw Deus Ex for 6.95 on Shopto. Great deal, however having just bought it, shouldn't the licence key appear somewhere? It's not in the downloads section that the confirmation email I got refers too. This is the first time I've used them for a download only title, I just usually get stuff delivered. Anyone had an experience with buying download only games from them?
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 16 Sep 2012 23:39:33 500 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm trying to update my card details with Shopto, but after entering the updated details it's asking me to pay £1 to do so. I can't see anywhere that explains that it should be- is that normal (albeit ridiculous) for Shopto?

    I also want to pre-pay for a couple of pre-orders, but I can't see the 'pay now' button that is supposed to be there next to the product under pre-orders :-[

    Edited by Rose-of-Sorrow at 23:39:54 16-09-2012
  • monkehhh 16 Sep 2012 23:44:09 3,294 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Rose-of-Sorrow A lot of places reserve a small sum (like a quid) when you change details or use a new card to see if the details are correct - generally they won't actually take the amount and you'll see it back in your bank in a few days.
  • robthehermit 16 Sep 2012 23:46:00 4,030 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They have to charge your card to verify it. It's not uncommon with online retailers and any charges are refunded immediately. That's if they even take it. Usually it's a just a potential charge that your card company is advised of, and reduces your available balance for a few days and then dissapears.

    GT: robthehermit

    Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

  • robthehermit 16 Sep 2012 23:46:53 4,030 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    monkehhh types much faster than me :(

    GT: robthehermit

    Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

  • Rose-of-Sorrow 17 Sep 2012 00:11:53 500 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah ok, thought it might be that. Cheers :)
  • superdelphinus 17 Sep 2012 08:01:39 8,038 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The flipping website is always forgetting my password
  • spamdangled 17 Sep 2012 08:12:40 27,276 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought it did that too, but I actually think it's a bug with its auto-remember thing. I eventually discovered that if you re-type your password manually it works fine. Very odd bug, but I've not had the problem since the site redesign.

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • superdelphinus 17 Sep 2012 09:06:22 8,038 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's done it twice in 5 minutes for me! That was typing it in manually too
  • spamdangled 17 Sep 2012 09:27:01 27,276 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Odd. Are you sure you actually haven't forgotten your password?

    At least it's a simple process to change it if you need to.

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • zombielvis 19 Sep 2012 12:55:42 137 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Less than impressed with shopto at the moment. It's bad enough that the website is crashing every couple of minutes but it would appear that I have been charged 3 times for the same game and I now have nearly £60 credit on my account for charges they never should have made.

    Hopefully will get it sorted quickly (they usually are pretty speedy when you get in touch) but its not the first time I've had to contact them.
  • sickpuppysoftware 27 Sep 2012 13:25:17 1,324 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hmmm my order for PSN instant codes still hasn't worked a day after I placed the order. Order marked as complete but the box to click for the image of the points isn't there. No response via the contact centre or the live chat.

    Never had a problem before and bought an instant code from them only last week.

    You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

  • kinky_mong 27 Sep 2012 14:05:09 10,121 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This bump brought a smile to my face. Wonder if Gezza did ever work out that Hotmail is the issue, or if he still's shouting abuse at a number on a screen because it might cost a few pennies?

    I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

  • sickpuppysoftware 28 Sep 2012 10:57:18 1,324 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ShopTo just got back to me. Error at their end, refund issued.
    Thanks goodness as I use ShopTo all the time for preorders.

    You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

  • sickpuppysoftware 5 Oct 2012 12:17:43 1,324 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Turns out they didn't refund me the full amount. More support chasing around.
    Now just waiting to see if they finally fix the whole sorry mess.

    Cherry on the top? They send me an email with a link to a survey on their support. Ready to vent I click the link only to be taken to an error page.

    Looks like I'll be shopping elsewhere until their system is properly fixed up. Anybody know of any other sites that post pre-orders in a timely fasion?

    You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

  • dudewheresmybrain 16 Oct 2012 19:02:36 662 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    anyone got any idea where your download codes appear? i havent used shopto in about 5 years, used them tonight to buy a borderlands season pass but there is no downloads option in my order or anywhere on the menu. ive searched the site for an hour now and cant find anything. really disappointed.
  • thedaveeyres 16 Oct 2012 19:45:11 10,850 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @dudewheresmybrain it's in 'orders'. Click on your order for the details, which should include the code

    D****** ******r

    XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

  • dudewheresmybrain 16 Oct 2012 19:51:47 662 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    @dudewheresmybrain it's in 'orders'. Click on your order for the details, which should include the code
    thanks for the reply! theres nothing in the order for me, strangely the order confirmation email just says "thanks for your order. £XX has been paid on your credit card (or something thereabouts)... theres no mention of what ive ordered etc. In the order details its just like your normal order summary, no mention of a code or anything ... i havent used shopto in about 5 years, since i was in uni, so im wondering if its something to do with my account being old - really gutted though because i wanted to play the DLC tonight! :(
  • Page

    of 7 First / Last

Log in or register to reply