Anyone had problems with shopto.net?

• Page

of 7 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 27 February 2007 22:27:10
    After hearing good things I decided to get Twilight Princess from them. It was sent on Feb.22 and never turned up, despite it being "99% guaranteed next day". I used the tracker and there is no record of it being delivered. Contacted them about it and they said they have had a break in which has caused a delay in responding to customers. Which Im skeptical about. Impressed, I am not. :)
  • Derblington 27 Feb 2007 22:28:22 21,261 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I use them all the time. Never had a problem.
  • JayPee 27 Feb 2007 22:45:02 1,490 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Give Igor a chance!

it did say 99% didn't it.

There is always the 1%.....

Never had a problem myself though, or anyone I know. Just unlucky I guess, I'm sure it'll get sorted - good luck.
  • wobbler147 27 Feb 2007 22:49:47 5,136 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had one go missing a while back, Igor sent another within 3 days and it turned up with the original order the next day.
  • Deleted user 1 March 2007 22:56:30
    Post deleted at 22:59:34 01-03-2007
  • Deleted user 1 March 2007 23:01:31
    Thanks for your replies chaps.
    Well, Im just keeping my fingers crossed now that the cheque they are sending me will turn up. Would have preferred if they had just sent me another copy like I asked.

Edited by Rdysn5 at 23:02:10 01-03-2007
  • Deleted user 1 March 2007 23:36:58
    I've never ever had a problem with them. Igor has always been good to his word, always given excellent customer service if I've had a question, and have always delivered the games they said they would.

If they say they had a break in and that's why your game hasn't been delivered, I'd say they're telling the truth. Why are they sending you a cheque instead of the game, did they say?
  • shoptosuck 20 Mar 2007 08:54:40 3 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    Igor's last computer company went bankrupt. A judgement in 2004 banned him from running another company for 5 years.
    http://www.gnn.gov.uk/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=132678&NewsAreaID=2&print=true
    His company use plants in forums to lie about their service.
    They lie to customers.
    They ship grey imports illegally and dont tell you.

They sponsor AVForums and have any negative comments against them removed.

• deem 20 Mar 2007 08:55:49 31,641 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • moggsy 20 Mar 2007 09:02:06 3,860 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    shoptosuck wrote:
    Igor's last computer company went bankrupt. A judgement in 2004 banned him from running another company for 5 years.
    http://www.gnn.gov.uk/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=132678&NewsAreaID=2&print=true
    They lie to customers.

We are supposed to believe this from someone with a username of 'shoptosuck'!
  • Kangoo 20 Mar 2007 09:20:32 1,015 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was banned for pre-ordering a Wii and buying 3, 360 pads - apparently I'm a dealer.

One guy in their customer service dept was really helpful, but Igor (I presume it was him but he never introduced himself) called back and was rude and said I was banned.

Quite laughable really.

PSN: Adwab2

• [maven] 20 Mar 2007 09:37:52 5,148 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    moggsy wrote:
    shoptosuck wrote:
    They lie to customers.

The least you can say is that he (Igor Cipolletta) is violating the above order, no?
  • Huntcjna 20 Mar 2007 09:40:56 13,871 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He's not necessarily violating the order as he may not be a director of the company.
  • DaM 20 Mar 2007 09:41:42 12,883 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    [maven] wrote:
    moggsy wrote:
    shoptosuck wrote:
    They lie to customers.

The least you can say is that he (Igor Cipolletta) is violating the above order, no?
    It means he can't be a director of a company. Nothing in the law prevents your wife setting up a company with herself as director, and then hiring you to do everything ;)
  • moggsy 20 Mar 2007 09:43:37 3,860 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    [maven] wrote:
    moggsy wrote:
    shoptosuck wrote:
    They lie to customers.

Well, having thought about it the only thing I have bought from them was Battlestations Midway which turned out to be a grey import and so there is some truth behind it.

Creating a new account with a username of 'shoptosuck' though does not add authority to their claims.
  • [maven] 20 Mar 2007 09:44:10 5,148 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    He's not necessarily violating the order as he may not be a director of the company.

From the thingamajigg:
    Acceptance of the Undertaking on 1 October 2004 prevents Igor Flavio Cipolletta from being a director of a company or, in any way, whether directly or indirectly, being concerned or taking part in the promotion, formation or management of a company for the above period.

The domain is registered under his name (through a broker), so that would certainly be "promotion", I suppose.

Just to clarify, I don't really care about shopto.net - I haven't had any experience with them, that's just how I see the presented information.

Edited by [maven] at 09:45:33 20-03-2007
  • Kangoo 20 Mar 2007 09:44:17 1,015 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:

He is the Managing Director

PSN: Adwab2

• markh 20 Mar 2007 09:44:55 3,598 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    i've never had any problems with them. The games have always arrived next day, preorders have come on release day or even before, prices are cheap and next day delivery is free :) So i'm not complaining!
  • Whizzo 20 Mar 2007 09:49:01 43,031 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hmm as much as I've not had any trouble with Shopto it is a bit of a concern.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Huntcjna 20 Mar 2007 09:50:08 13,871 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well it should be said that the article mentions no customers who didn't get items they ordered etc. He got banned for not paying his VAT or Revenue bill for 2 years to the tune of nearly a million spondooles.

It doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have an honourable sense of customer service just because he screwed over the government.

I should add that I have ordered a boatload of stuff from shopto.net and never had any problems, regardless of the directors previous financial greviances.
  • malteaserhead 20 Mar 2007 09:54:45 13,444 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    his site is down too

/PANIX!
  • moggsy 20 Mar 2007 10:01:46 3,860 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mapster wrote:
    Play.com sent me a US copy of RR6, BAN THEM IN THE FACE!

It'll be worth a lot less second hand - and you won't be able to trade it in at a shop so yeh, I would BAN THEM IN THE FACE!
  • Huntcjna 20 Mar 2007 10:05:03 13,871 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To be fair I don't know why this person is shilling around the interweb with this info, he should just ring the DTI and report him if it is definatley the same person and you violate a director ban from the government there is a good chance he will end up in a shiny jail cell.
  • Scurrminator 20 Mar 2007 10:09:11 8,376 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    they've always been good when i've ordered from them and they do a lot for customers putting on tournaments to win games etc. - all seems good to be, touches wood.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• repairmanjack 20 Mar 2007 10:34:02 5,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mapster wrote:
    Play.com sent me a US copy of RR6, BAN THEM IN THE FACE!

Play are doing this far too often. They keep sending out region 1 dvds advertised as region 2. My poor old mum doesn't have a multi-region machine, so got rather annoyed with them.

I also haven't encountered any problem with shopto, as yet. cd-wow, on the other hand, have turned to liquid shit in the past couple of months.
  • DaM 20 Mar 2007 10:34:48 12,883 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He is not a director, according to our credit check software.
  • Whizzo 20 Mar 2007 10:40:29 43,031 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    His title, according to one of their emails is CEO though, so even if he's not a director he's management so is in breach I would think.

Anyhow everyone seems to have had no trouble and perhaps he's put his past errors behind him and has changed how he operates? I like to think people can learn from past mistakes and lets hope he has.

Either way though, use your credit card on the site rather than a debit card, just like virtually everywhere on the web.

This space left intentionally blank.

• The_Foo_Fighter 20 Mar 2007 10:53:12 724 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I refuse to buy from them until they employ forum plants who can spell and form coherent sentences.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Previous