Best Wii tennis Pro score Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • westie1941 30 May 2007 15:45:40 4 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    2217 iirc... I still play it daily. I *heart* Wii Sports. :)

MY current finess age is 32 though. :/ ;_;

Keep working at it -I know it's addictive.

My fitness age is around 24-25 but I'm actually 66.

I have managed to get the good A.I players back again and am aiming to reach the 2397 I got before and hopefully reach the 2399 someone said was the max.
  • flamewire 7 Jun 2007 13:28:02 1 posts
    Registered 7 years ago
    HOW TO GET A HIGH SCORE ON Wii TENNIS

Hi,
    Well I have not played Wii Tennis much, maybe 10hrs total, and I have just reached 2390, not easy but there are some simple tips to increase your score quickly. Although first you need to be able to play, use your front man, master ball control, power serves and returning power serves (see below). After that you can get to 2350 quite quickly but then its hard work gaining only 1 or 2 points for a game if any and then you have to not drop a single point on a 5set game to even gain 1 point. After this its down to how well and quickly you can dispatch them and restart any game that you even drop one point on!!! 2400 is achievable but one chap took 900hrs to get there with 850 of those on the last point. Its also getting a bit boring so I do not play it for weeks on end and then have a few games when I find the time.

As a good rule play 5game sets until 2250 and then switch to single games to push your score as high as it will go until they do not give you any points for a clear win. Then you need to master 5game sets with clear wins. NOT EASY!

POWER SERVES
    Straight up with the controller (or press the A button) to serve and then as the ball is about to hit the apex of its serve, straight down with the controller.

BALL CONTROL
    Its all down to timing hit the ball early and it will go one way, late and it will go the other way. The main problem is when you have the racket on the wrong side and there is nothing you can do about it, then you need to learn to swing so that you hit the ball with the back of the racket on your return swing, a flick of the wrist just before the ball is in range usually does the trick.

FRONT MAN
    You need to return shots with your front man as often as possible to stand a chance of getting it out and also be extremely ready to return shots from there front man instantly.

RETURNING POWER SERVES
    When you are receiving power serves you need to be ready with the controller in one hand and an open palm to clap it against, so as soon as you see the power serve coming to you, clap just before the ball does its first bounce and remember to change hands for back hand shots. Also worth holding the controller at a slight angle so your return shot does not hit the net. Again takes some practise and they do not faster as you get further up.

PLEASE NOTE A score of +0 is a rounded figure so you can still gain points with a 0 points win, it just might take a lot of games.

Hope this helps!

Yours

Mark
  • nigtheboy 15 Jan 2009 21:48:56 1 posts
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wish I'd never read this thread now!!!. I'm on 1988 and heading for what I thought was a magic 2000 only to learn that you get bugger all.

Oh well its back to the PS3 then...
  • Adougall 18 Apr 2009 15:04:16 2 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm at 2399 at the moment. I've won the last 50 games perfectly but still nothing. Does anyone know how long until I hit 2400?
  • Adougall 19 Apr 2009 03:46:32 2 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Many people have claimed they know a guy who has reached 2400 but I am yet to see any proof of this!
  • lbuckley 16 Jun 2009 17:08:36 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've been at 2397 for awhile now, and as pointed out above, winning perfect (no lost points) single games no longer gives me an additional point. I think I've won over a dozen perfect singles. Guess I'll try moving to best of 3 or best of 5. But even though I'm pretty single-minded when I start something, I'm getting to the point where I'm not sure it's worth it, especially if 2399 is really the end of the road, as appears to be the case.
  • tjpiche 26 Sep 2009 21:01:17 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My level is currently 2158 and I can beat the 1900-2000 computer every game usually by a score of 40-15 40-0. I am pretty good but I don't sit playing wii sports for 8 hours a day or anyhting. I usually don't play very often at all.
  • SprintCup24 8 Feb 2010 21:39:52 1 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hello All.

I've been stuck on 2399 for the last two days. I've won between 15 and 20 games without losing a single point, but still the game refuses to roll over to that “Magical” 2400th point!

Have I maxed out?
    Does the game not go any higher than 2400?

I have to admit that the game is pretty cool, I just hope that in the next version they add a little more racket control, especially at the net.

Thanks…
  • romeostriker 10 Feb 2012 07:14:11 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @kinggid I'm at 2219 an once you get past somewhere around 2050 if you give up more than 15 in any set you lose points. I am beating 2000 and 1900 3-0 only giving up 15 points a set at most have even had 2 games where they did not score and score barely went up. I think time may play a part in it also the longer it takes you to beat them the lower your score will rise if you win and the more your score will drop if it takes you a long time to beat them. (Not proven about the time just my opinion.)
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next