ps3 problems with my hitachi hd tv

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • thugzstyle 26 Feb 2007 13:10:31 25 posts
    Registered 7 years ago
    hi i have connected my ps3 to my hitachi hd tv with the hd cable, but nothing is showing, i dont knw why this is, can someone help me? the hitachi model is 26LD6600.

Edited by thugzstyle at 13:12:11 26-02-2007
  • billythekid 26 Feb 2007 13:15:08 10,803 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Try turning it off and on again.
  • thugzstyle 26 Feb 2007 13:15:38 25 posts
    Registered 7 years ago
    dravenclarke wrote:
    if you are connecting via the HDMI cable then you need to connect via Composite first and set it to output on the HDMI socket. should work then :)

thanks for this information, how do i do this?
  • Tonka 26 Feb 2007 13:18:00 19,840 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You connect it to the tv with the cable you got in the box. Then you look in the manual.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• thugzstyle 26 Feb 2007 13:35:48 25 posts
    Registered 7 years ago
    i am connecting it with my composite cable and also the hd cable, but when i go on settings on my ps3 the screen goes black then comes back 30 seconds later, it wont switch to hd mode:(
  • manuel_garcia 26 Feb 2007 13:46:37 4,079 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FluffyTucker wrote:
    Do you work on a technical support desk? It's just you seem qualified for the job :)

Heh :)

Thugz, I havent gotten a PS3 yet so dont treat this as gospel but if you manage to get to the settings screen and choose a HD mode, its likely to then switch the output to HD, so you'll need to choose the correct input mode on your TV and accept the settings?

I'm just thinking Xbox 360 and PC logic here where if you choose a higher resolution than your display can handle it'll give you 20 seconds to accept the settings or revert to the one used previously.

Edited by manuel_garcia at 13:47:17 26-02-2007
  • Scurrminator Moderator 26 Feb 2007 14:18:01 8,284 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    right. here is the shitness of sony.
    Plug in the cable you got with the console and the hdmi cable. now go into the settings and set it to hdmi.
    quickly yank the composite cable out of the back of the ps3 and switch the tv to your hdmi channel, and press whatever button it asks you to to save the settings. Most likely X (though it depends on the region). You can also press X straight away if that is the button you need to press without changing the channel so you don't need to rush about yanking cables.
    Don't forget to change the audio output to hdmi as well.
    Remember if you take the console round to a mates who does not have a hdmi tv you will have to do the opposite at your place before you can use it there - they really need to sort that shit with a software update.

Edited by Scurrminator at 14:19:27 26-02-2007

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Davinnicus 26 Feb 2007 15:17:11 292 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You shouldn't need to use the composite cable at all, just plug in the hdmi cable, then hold down the power button on the PS3 for approx. 10-15 secs. The screen should then auto sync to the correct visual settings. You will still need to go into the mune to adjust the sound settings.
  • thugzstyle 26 Feb 2007 16:14:54 25 posts
    Registered 7 years ago
    Davinnicus wrote:
    You shouldn't need to use the composite cable at all, just plug in the hdmi cable, then hold down the power button on the PS3 for approx. 10-15 secs. The screen should then auto sync to the correct visual settings. You will still need to go into the mune to adjust the sound settings.

still not working:( ive tried all that
  • TwistidChimp 28 Nov 2007 16:50:56 8,825 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I now have an identical problem.. ps3 worked fine on a mates hidef tv, now on my pioneer plasma, i'm getting jack shit to the screen. :S

Any idea people ?
  • beatleben 28 Nov 2007 16:56:11 178 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TwistidChimp wrote:
    I now have an identical problem.. ps3 worked fine on a mates hidef tv, now on my pioneer plasma, i'm getting jack shit to the screen. :S

Any idea people ?

Try this to reset PS3 Video settings

When turning on the system, just hold down the power button for FIVE seconds. It should beep at you and then restart over whatever cables you've hooked it up with.
  • bigdawg 28 Nov 2007 16:56:34 14 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Connecting it up to your TV and holding down the power button for abot 15 seconds should reset the ps3 and automatically adjust the settings to work on your TV.

However, is your ps3 an import? if it is, some tv's are not NTSC compatible, i know the LG tv's even their hdtv's arent, not sure about hitachi tho.

But if urs aint an import, then the first solution should work.
  • bigdawg 28 Nov 2007 16:57:47 14 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    oops, meant 5 secs
  • beatleben 28 Nov 2007 17:07:54 178 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    bigdawg wrote:
    Connecting it up to your TV and holding down the power button for abot 15 seconds should reset the ps3 and automatically adjust the settings to work on your TV.

However, is your ps3 an import? if it is, some tv's are not NTSC compatible, i know the LG tv's even their hdtv's arent, not sure about hitachi tho.

But if urs aint an import, then the first solution should work.

I have a Hitachi hooked up to US PS3 with no problems using HDMI at all.

Only thing I can think of is my TV has two HDMI, are you selecting the correct input?
  • bigdawg 28 Nov 2007 17:19:52 14 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good point beetleben, he might be choosing HDMI1 instead of HDMI2 or vice versa.
  • TwistidChimp 28 Nov 2007 17:49:54 8,825 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    K, sorted now, after a few attempts the reset thing decided to work thankfully, chars folks.
  • Ged42 13 Jul 2012 15:32:28 7,641 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bumping this old thread, before I go and bang my head against Argos' Customer Service helpline.

I've can't seem to connect my 60GB PS3 to my Hitachi L32HK04U LCD TV via the HDMI cable. I get an image with the SCART cable, but just a black screen (which eventually says 'no video available') with the HDMI.

I've tried both going through the display settings and reseting by holding the button down techniques described above, but always the same result. I've tried a different HDMI cable but that hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas?
  • johnson81 13 Jul 2012 15:41:57 368 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can you try your PS3 on another TV? At least try and narrow it down as to whether it's your TV or PS3. Is it an old fat PS3? Possible faulty parts due to age.

Edited by johnson81 at 15:43:15 13-07-2012
  • X201 13 Jul 2012 15:49:58 14,694 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Apart from the blindingly obvious one of, make sure you're selecting the correct HDMI input with the remote control.

From reading a couple of forums, the Hitachi may have auto source switching disabled.
  • Ged42 13 Jul 2012 17:14:13 7,641 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I've been switching to HDMI mode on the TV, the PS3 worked fine in HDMI on my old TV before that TV went kaput. But I'm asking around to see if I can borrow a friend's PS3 to test if that one works on this TV.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next