of 21 First / Last

• AlcohollicA 3 Apr 2007 14:45:50 2,355 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thats in the next firmware update, it will be avaliable December 2010
  • Ciaran 3 Apr 2007 14:48:43 1,070 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've heard June... still not official though.

• neilka 3 Apr 2007 14:55:09 15,991 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The worrying thing is that it doesn't appear on the Nintendo Europe website anywhere at all...

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• northernlights 3 Apr 2007 15:50:38 660 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    adinus wrote:
    I've emailed Nintendo asking if and when it's going to be released.

Let's see if I get a reply...

I have just emailed them too, I will let the forum know if i get a reply. Im betting it will be out within the next two months.
  • adinus 3 Apr 2007 15:59:52 305 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    northernlights wrote:
    adinus wrote:

I have just emailed them too, I will let the forum know if i get a reply. Im betting it will be out within the next two months.

I've not had a reply from them yet...

To be honest - I sent them an email when I bought my Wii on launch day and I didn't get a reply.

NOE are shite at customer services.

edit: spleling errs

Edited by adinus at 16:00:30 03-04-2007
  • northernlights 3 Apr 2007 16:19:33 660 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    adinus wrote:
    northernlights wrote:
    adinus wrote:

To be honest - I sent them an email when I bought my Wii on launch day and I didn't get a reply.

I dont know how companys can get away with that. I work in IT and if we didnt reply to an email on the same day we would get a huge telling off. I know NOE are an huge company but still no excuse.

With Mario Galaxy out later this year expect a release date sooner rather than later.
  • Tonka 3 Apr 2007 16:25:21 20,459 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What if they decide to skip Europe? Wouldn't surprise me.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• northernlights 3 Apr 2007 17:16:56 660 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    What if they decide to skip Europe? Wouldn't surprise me.

Nah I doubt it, this will sell loads. There not THAT stupid.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 3 Apr 2007 17:21:42 7,301 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Even if it doesn't sell loads, which it probably will anyway, Nintendo would still release it. Localisation may not be a bit expensive but after all I guess it pays off for Nintendo to at least have a few games out on the Wii even if they don't earn a lot with the game itself.
  • ecureuil 3 Apr 2007 17:23:54 76,832 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The US version is out soon, over here in the US, they have boxes for it on the shelves already.
  • jellyhead 3 Apr 2007 17:25:27 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If Ninty start holding back titles then my confidence in the Wii not following the GC and being the next abandoned by Ninty will fade.
    They really need to start showing some commitment before i get my cash out and buy one.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Tonka 3 Apr 2007 18:02:12 20,459 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's not so much holding back as "never giving any dates".

• richardiox 3 Apr 2007 18:09:10 5,603 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's such a simple thing to do, keep the customer informed, that I cant fathom why they can't.

In terms of release-lag between here and America, Trauma Centre coming out pretty much 7 months later is outrageous, especially seeing as their is this void to fill and obviously millions of PAL Wii owners itching to spend money on software for their new machine.

Again, i fail to understand why Nintendo still fail to get this right.
  • SirScratchalot 3 Apr 2007 18:11:38 7,874 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Most likely the fragmented distribution.
    They need to break of from their old distributors and form a proper NoE.
  • MadMirko 3 Apr 2007 18:23:18 2,974 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh my...

1) You know exactly when Super Mario Strikers is coming out in Europe, you knew exactly when Wario Ware and Zelda would be out

2) Trauma Centre is not a Nintendo game

3) There are release lags in both directions now, for various reasons, but one is because NOE has started to localize from Japanese versions (where applicable) instead of US versions. F.ex. what is the US release date of Super Mario Strikers?

Edited by MadMirko at 18:27:47 03-04-2007
  • Tonka 3 Apr 2007 18:27:00 20,459 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SirScratchalot wrote:
    Most likely the fragmented distribution.
    They need to break of from their old distributors and form a proper NoE.

They could star by giving Bergsala the boot.

• Der_tolle_Emil 3 Apr 2007 23:26:26 7,301 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MadMirko wrote:
    Oh my...

1) You know exactly when Super Mario Strikers is coming out in Europe, you knew exactly when Wario Ware and Zelda would be out

2) Trauma Centre is not a Nintendo game

3) There are release lags in both directions now, for various reasons, but one is because NOE has started to localize from Japanese versions (where applicable) instead of US versions. F.ex. what is the US release date of Super Mario Strikers?

Edited by MadMirko at 18:27:47 03-04-2007

Sorry but I beg to differ.

The release date of Zelda was pushed back for quite a while. It was only certain after Nintendo finally admitted that it will launch on the Wii too which was only speculation at first. The release date of Wario Ware was confirmed on the 16th of December - with the actual release on January 12th. One month in advance is no difficult task to accomplish. The game was probably already being manufactured because 4 weeks until launch is not a very long time. Thinking of localisation, advertising, shipping etc. 4 weeks are nothing. Nintendo either did not know when to launch the game which is a quite plausible argument or they already knew and simply did not tell. They were probably too uncertain in which week the game would definetly launch but still other publishers are able to set release dates by more than only one month in advance. Talking of Super Paper Mario, the US release (April 9th) was officially confirmed at the beginning of february, two months in advance.

Trauma Centre is indeed no Nintendo game but it will be published by Nintendo. I doubt the developer, Atlus, needs half a year to localise the game. The DS game was also localised and came late to the European market, but "only" 6 months compared to the nearly 9 months the Wii version will take to reach our shores (November -> July).
  • MadMirko 4 Apr 2007 10:01:58 2,974 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Der_tolle_Emil wrote:
    Nintendo either did not know when to launch the game which is a quite plausible argument or they already knew and simply did not tell.

Assuming for a second you are right and they frequently know release dates and don't tell them 1 or 2 months before release. What does that change? Do people need to rearrange their personal schedules or something?

Trauma Centre is indeed no Nintendo game but it will be published by Nintendo. I doubt the developer, Atlus, needs half a year to localise the game. The DS game was also localised and came late to the European market, but "only" 6 months compared to the nearly 9 months the Wii version will take to reach our shores (November -> July).

You doubt that Atlus isn't ready, but you think it's plausible that Nintendo has the finished game but doesn't get around to releasing it? Come on, there is nothing to gain from that and Atlus would be pissed off.

• northernlights 4 Apr 2007 11:40:41 660 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    adinus wrote:
    northernlights wrote:
    adinus wrote:

Got my reply:

Dear Customer, thank you for your e-mail.

I am sorry but I do not have a confirmed release date for this product.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team
  • Der_tolle_Emil 4 Apr 2007 11:56:46 7,301 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MadMirko wrote:
    Der_tolle_Emil wrote:
    Nintendo either did not know when to launch the game which is a quite plausible argument or they already knew and simply did not tell.

Assuming for a second you are right and they frequently know release dates and don't tell them 1 or 2 months before release. What does that change? Do people need to rearrange their personal schedules or something?

You doubt that Atlus isn't ready, but you think it's plausible that Nintendo has the finished game but doesn't get around to releasing it? Come on, there is nothing to gain from that and Atlus would be pissed off.

Of course I don't arrange my life around Nintendo releases. Still it's nice to have confirmation. It gives at least a bit of insight on how much of the game is finished and what direction it's taking. It's pure curiosity I guess but still.

As for Trauma Centre: I very well believe that the game could be released a lot sooner than it will be. But it is understandable. Nintendo probably knows a lot more when games will be finished and will spread 1st party releases to fit certain gaps. The consumer's budget is limited, noone profits from 5 releases per week with a small userbase. There were complaints in the last generation (cube) that 3rd party titles are struggling because everyone bought Nintendo titles. This was especially true in the first couple of months. So I guess Nintendo does indeed hold back games to release them when they see fit depending of course on the releases of other publishers.
  • THFourteen 4 Apr 2007 12:03:33 33,487 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    just the NAME of this game annoys me

i mean it just sounds so stupid.
  • MadMirko 4 Apr 2007 12:05:19 2,974 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Der_tolle_Emil wrote:
    Of course I don't arrange my life around Nintendo releases. Still it's nice to have confirmation. It gives at least a bit of insight on how much of the game is finished and what direction it's taking. It's pure curiosity I guess but still.

Agreed, it's a nice to have.

So I guess Nintendo does indeed hold back games to release them when they see fit depending of course on the releases of other publishers.

Their own games, sure. But when they function only as the distributor they are bound by contracts, and there is enough competition a discontent developer could turn to for his publishing needs.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 4 Apr 2007 12:11:44 7,301 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MadMirko wrote:
    Der_tolle_Emil wrote:

So I guess Nintendo does indeed hold back games to release them when they see fit depending of course on the releases of other publishers.

Their own games, sure. But when they function only as the distributor they are bound by contracts, and there is enough competition a discontent developer could turn to for his publishing needs.

I have no idea about the contracts or obligations in the background. Also I thoght Atlus did not know who will publish/distribute (what's the difference btw?) the game for quite some while. I could imagine they were somewhat desperate to get the game released at all - well, desperate sounds too hard. But when you are trying hard to find a publisher don't you think that Atlus would rather agree to somewhat brutal conditions rather than getting the game not released at all? It would make a later release a bit more understandable.

Edit: Screwed up with the quotes.

Edited by Der_tolle_Emil at 19:32:09 04-04-2007
  • MadMirko 4 Apr 2007 12:28:58 2,974 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Der_tolle_Emil wrote:
    But when you are trying hard to find a publisher don't you think that Atlus would rather agree to somewhat brutal conditions rather than getting the game not released at all? It would make a later release a bit more understandable.

I don't find that very likely. After all Atlus is far from being a nobody and Trauma Center did well critically both on the DS and the US and JP Wiis.

What would make perfect sense (to me, at least *g*) is that Atlus saw that Trauma Center was one of the top launch games, and that they could have made so much more money by releasing it quite some time after launch (when the installed base is bigger).
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 4 Apr 2007 19:26:39 10,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There are some corking new videos that have been uploaded on Gametrailers

Enjoy!
  • Progguitarist 5 Apr 2007 19:58:09 10,444 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/778/778606p1.html

IGN just posted a review.

/wonders what makes a game worth 8.9 and not 8.8
  • Gavvie 5 Apr 2007 20:02:00 183 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I want this.

I'm seriously depleted of Wii games at the moment, and if I complete Zelda, I'm left with just Wii Sports.

Having an awesome first party Nintendo game coming out would be a massive plus.
  • Sid-Nice 5 Apr 2007 23:11:36 15,851 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/778/778606p1.html

IGN just posted a review.

Or a 9/10?

NNID Sid-Nice

• MadMirko 6 Apr 2007 15:51:53 2,974 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:

Reading the review, I'd say it was because the game has too much story and you have to read. Gosh darn, unthinkable. Who has ever heard of a RPG forcing you to read? I hate Nintendo. And reading. But most of all Nintendo for shitting on my right to live a life without reading.

Edited by MadMirko at 15:52:42 06-04-2007
  • ilmaestro 6 Apr 2007 15:53:39 32,460 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Words can only hurt you if you read them.

Don't play their game.

edit: except for IGN, of course. Just knowing that their words are out there is bad enough.

Edited by ilmaestro at 15:54:45 06-04-2007

• Page

of 21 First / Last