Next
  • Deleted user 13 November 2008 23:16:25
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 13 November 2008 23:16:25
    Post deleted
  • Charlie_Miso 23 Feb 2009 22:57:36 1,191 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    After sitting on 'the pile' for over 365 days this is finally getting a work out.

Looks good and is a lot of fun so far.
  • Charlie_Miso 12 Mar 2009 05:31:27 1,191 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great game.

Liked the little touches, the Game Boy Super Mario Land side scrolling stuff in space. The changes in gravity a la Galaxy, and the 'giant' power up from New Mario Bros.

Music was also excellent. Pity about finding each Heart Tower - that got old quick, as did Flopside.
  • MysteryLamb 22 Jun 2010 18:48:09 525 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Galaxy 2 made me dig out my Wii and I'm rather happy it did. I've 'discovered' a pile of games I never really got into at the time that is proving to be a little bit of a renaissance - super paper mario is the first.

So far I've just beaten the technicaaaaaaaaaal frog dude and am loving it. I don't think it's quite as good as the Thousand Year Door on GC but still a very inventive game.

And its 12.99 at amazon

Now I just wonder what other great Wii games I've ignored from the last 3 years?
  • kinky_mong 23 Jun 2010 10:40:57 10,750 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MysteryLamb wrote:

And its 12.99 at amazon

That obviously didn't last long because it's back to practically full price now.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• MysteryLamb 23 Jun 2010 12:05:02 525 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wii games, off the top of my head, Boom Blox, Galaxy 1 & 2, Okami, Zelda TP, MKart, Metroid 3, Fire Emblem.

I can't believe how rapidly that went back up to full price - Nintendo games really hold their retail value compared to the others.... I wonder why.
  • kinky_mong 23 Jun 2010 16:13:26 10,750 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Because people actually buy them after the first week of release?

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Derblington 2 Dec 2011 18:45:07 22,125 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    /bump

This Xmas I'm going to purchase a few missed gems and then early next year I'm going to spend some time with my Wii as a bit of a send off before the sequel arrives.

I've got:
    Mario galaxy 2
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Super Mario Bros.

And will be buying:
    Kirby's Epic Yarn
    Okami
    Epic Mickey
    Zelda: Skyward Sword

So I'm looking forward to it, as there are some amazing titles to be enjoyed. Should Super Paper Mario be added to the list? I've gone back and forwards on whether I wanted it since launch, but its now or never really. So, worth a punt?
  • MrSemprini 2 Dec 2011 19:14:18 9,428 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Worth a punt. Buy that instead of the screamingly average Epic Mickey.
  • disusedgenius 2 Dec 2011 19:21:17 5,534 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I liked it, though it was slightly odd and not quite up to the Mario RPGs (it's much more platformery, for a start) it was worth a play imo.
  • figaro7 2 Dec 2011 19:39:41 1,378 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah definately worth ago, its very platform orientated if i recall, lengthy too.
  • FuzzyDuck 3 Dec 2011 22:47:52 4,736 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Spotted this relatively cheap during the week, might hook myself up with it!

I've a growing backlog of both Wii and PS3 games but figure it'll just disappear from retail soon enough.
  • Cappy 3 Dec 2011 23:24:33 12,097 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I found the game extremely tedious, minimise the risk, only pick it up if it's cheap.
  • Derblington 3 Dec 2011 23:47:57 22,125 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, it's not. If I can grab it cheap I will, otherwise I'll pass. I like the sound of the humour and the reviews are promising but I have plenty to play.

And I've already added Xenoblade Chronicles, Monster Hunter Tri and Metroid Prime Trilogy to my buy list :/
  • pratty 4 Dec 2011 00:13:41 261 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think it's a good buy if you find it in the 10-13 range. It's a good game blending platform and RPG very well.

The story is a bit meh to be honest, I found myself skipping a lot of the text whch can go on and on a bit, but it can be fairly humorous aswell, though not really hilarious either. The gameplay is solid though, and the 2D/3D switching is a great idea which is used very cleverly, lots of hidden stuff to find.

Definitely pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy if you can, if you haven't played any of the Prime games before then you're in for a treat! Of the games you mentioned I would prioritise Skyward Sword and Prime Trilogy.
  • mal 4 Dec 2011 01:02:19 22,795 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I loved the N64 original, and the GC version was just as good, yet I haven't felt the need to pick this up.

But then again, I don't own a Wii, so maybe that's why.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• binky Moderator 30 Jan 2013 10:20:09 9,854 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Currently playing this having dropped it way back when. At world 5-3 now and just discovered Flopside. Enjoying it, but have to admit I'm often referring to a guide. Some of it has been artificially lengthened in really bad ways with back tracking to random people for seemingly random puzzles. That and the huge time gap between starting it and now has meant I haven't got a clue what's going on!

Still it's nice to play and the different text depending on which character you are playing is a nice touch.
  • binky Moderator 31 Jan 2013 09:43:30 9,854 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I know I'm talking to myself here but... Did world 6 last night. What the hell? Some really awful design decisions going on! I'm enjoying it, but I don't think I'd be making any sort of progress without a few glances at a guide.
  • Page

of 21 First / Last

Next