Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SirScratchalot wrote:
    Sid Nice wrote:
    The review has disappeared again.

Edit: it is now back.

Did anyone manage to read the last one?
    I'm curious.

I think it had something in it about sending a train spastic.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• david78 19 Sep 2007 16:35:58 829 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did that 6/10 review actually exist then?
  • jonsaan 20 Sep 2007 11:25:27 25,256 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hey. I'm sure someone has mentioined this before but I can't read through this whole thread, it's too darned long.
    What is the DS lite for in one of the shops? Is there some kind of connectivity?

FCUTA!

• Der_tolle_Emil 20 Sep 2007 11:29:43 7,294 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's the recipe database.
  • jonsaan 20 Sep 2007 11:34:08 25,256 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ta! I thought it might be something downlaodable to the DS. Rats!

Never mind. Absolutley loving the game though. It's great.

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 20 September 2007 11:35:19
    How does the DS thing work then? Or should I just get round to reading the manual...?
  • Der_tolle_Emil 20 Sep 2007 11:46:14 7,294 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The DS mounted to the wall just shows info about the recipes you have discovered - nothing more.
  • NewYork 20 Sep 2007 12:55:25 24,838 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    "At the start of Chapter 2-2, you will come across a character called Mimi. She will tell you to go to the farthest room on the first floor to meet a character called Merlee. Enter that room and press the green switch. A trap will be triggered, and a spiked ceiling will descend upon Mario. Before the ceiling reaches him, flip into 3D and jump on it to find a key.

"If you pick up the key, you won't run into any problems. Use it to open the locked door to Mimi's right. However, if you talk to Mimi without picking up the key, the game will freeze. You will then have to turn off your Wii console and start again from your last save point.".
    So, that's all casual gamers screwed, then.
  • Heitzu 20 Sep 2007 12:59:39 1,157 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NewYork wrote:
    Darren wrote:
    "At the start of Chapter 2-2, you will come across a character called Mimi. She will tell you to go to the farthest room on the first floor to meet a character called Merlee. Enter that room and press the green switch. A trap will be triggered, and a spiked ceiling will descend upon Mario. Before the ceiling reaches him, flip into 3D and jump on it to find a key.

"If you pick up the key, you won't run into any problems. Use it to open the locked door to Mimi's right. However, if you talk to Mimi without picking up the key, the game will freeze. You will then have to turn off your Wii console and start again from your last save point.".
    So, that's all casual gamers screwed, then.

Thats what I thought.
  • mrdan 20 Sep 2007 13:23:48 5 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hadn't heard about the bug till after I played. But I didn't go back and talk to her after every room anyway, just after the first one. Going by what she said I just figured she'd direct me to the wrong room again so I just went into all of them in a row.
  • isla1987 20 Sep 2007 15:04:09 2 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Please note that your game freezing up will not do any damage to your Wii or the game itself, but we do sincerely apologise for this error and the inconvenience caused to your gameplay experience.

While you can avoid the problem as described above, we want to give you the opportunity to replace your Super Paper Mario game disc free of charge with a new version that doesn’t contain the error. Details about the replacement procedure will be announced shortly on this website.

We hope this problem doesn’t stop you from enjoying Super Paper Mario and would once again like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

That is from http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/news/article.do?elementId=5PEzUvTf6HbPNJBeSVY69gEW_UolQbT8. I was stumped by the glitch and kept talking to Mimi to see if it was a one time thing, but no. Ah well!
  • Der_tolle_Emil 22 Sep 2007 16:43:00 7,294 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    17 hours something and I'm finished. The game feels a bit unpolished beginning with chapter 6. Chapters 1 to 5 were a lot more fun than 6 to 8. All in all still a good game but the later parts in the game are disappointing compared to the fabulous beginning.
  • TheBear 22 Sep 2007 17:42:37 4,499 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There was a thread somewhere a couple of months ago about games that bug the shit out of you by bleeping constantly when your health gets low - Super Paper Mario does this and it is EXTREMELY annoying to me! I know my health is low, I know, I know, I KNOW!!!!!

• Der_tolle_Emil 22 Sep 2007 19:04:49 7,294 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep, had to endure that once for a couple of minutes. Annoying as hell.
  • figaro7 23 Sep 2007 12:23:39 1,343 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just completed chapter 2, really enjoying it, absolutely love the platforming segments, switching between dimensions opens up some awesome puzzles, just hope it continues into the lata stages!
  • Tonka 23 Sep 2007 12:26:25 19,840 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheBear wrote:
    There was a thread somewhere a couple of months ago about games that bug the shit out of you by bleeping constantly when your health gets low - Super Paper Mario does this and it is EXTREMELY annoying to me! I know my health is low, I know, I know, I KNOW!!!!!

One of my pet hates. I always end up muting my TV and that makes me feel as if I'm cheating.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 23 September 2007 12:26:30
    I can safely say that Stage 3 is teh awesome as well. If it stays improving like this I'll be a very happy chappy.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 23 Sep 2007 13:14:25 11,132 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No trace of my Super Paper Mario still, fingers crossed for tomorrow. /crosses fingers

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• acousticwilliam 23 Sep 2007 14:43:26 751 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    what does everyone think of the space level?
    I found it 'nice' but a bit rough.

-SPOILORRZZ_-___

and now i've just done the opposite town 'flopside' thing, ready for level 5 i think.
    the 'hub' area is starting to grate me a bit now, the 'up and down' layout of the town is a bit of a chore.

HAVING said that, beautiful game, done pit of 100 trials (barely) at level 11.
    And yes, totally agree with previous poster, level 3 is the nuts, lots of little details and funny bits - hope level 5 and onwards keeps the high standards and hillarity.
  • Machiavel 25 Sep 2007 21:02:08 5,964 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I can't believe how rubbish I'm finding the Mimi bits. The hamster cage running for rubees is just a shit reminder of the repetitiveness of our gaming pursuit, without making me feel any of the charm, and I'm informed you get to run away with the dodgy 3D perspective being chased by invincible enemies later.

Love the graphical style, but this has really turned out to be 'not my sort of game'.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 26 Sep 2007 10:39:55 7,294 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Machiavel wrote:
    I can't believe how rubbish I'm finding the Mimi bits. The hamster cage running for rubees is just a shit reminder of the repetitiveness of our gaming pursuit, without making me feel any of the charm, and I'm informed you get to run away with the dodgy 3D perspective being chased by invincible enemies later.

It's not really all that repetitive if you figure out what you actually have to do.
  • Machiavel 26 Sep 2007 11:02:44 5,964 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    jigging the controller for 3-4 minutes, whilst not being told how many rubees you've accumulated, until you top 10,000 - correct?
  • haveasafeday 26 Sep 2007 11:10:29 355 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    not quite
  • IMadeThis 26 Sep 2007 11:15:14 1,034 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I quite liked that bit. Thought it was different to have a bit of an endurance part, and it gave me afew mins to make a cuppa. Loving it thus far, though, I also thought the space levels were wasted. Liked the final level of it though! Dis-effin-orientating-liness!
  • AcidSnake 26 Sep 2007 11:25:29 7,145 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I did it that way too...

SPOILER
    Go to 100, buy secret code
    Go to 10000, buy secret code
    END SPOILER

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Der_tolle_Emil 26 Sep 2007 13:05:42 7,294 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Machiavel wrote:
    jigging the controller for 3-4 minutes, whilst not being told how many rubees you've accumulated, until you top 10,000 - correct?

jiggling?
  • ProfessorLesser 26 Sep 2007 13:08:09 19,349 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That bit was shite. The man responsible needs a good, hard bitchslap across the face. What an idiot.
  • Deleted user 26 September 2007 13:11:01
    I personally thought that bit was 'marvelous'.

/sticks finger in Prof's eye in a comedic fashion
  • Der_tolle_Emil 26 Sep 2007 13:21:46 7,294 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There is more to do but it's all optional. (Collecting cards, recipies, finding hidden characters) etc.
  • Machiavel 26 Sep 2007 13:25:53 5,964 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    That bit was shite. The man responsible needs a good, hard bitchslap across the face. What an idiot.

I'm glad some people enjoyed it, but I have to agree with you. First, show a lot of slaves bouncing up and down for single rupees over a electro spike. Then you 'upgrade' to running in a hamster's wheel. Definitely one bit I'd enjoy more watching somebody ELSE play, muttering "Ha ha, you repetitive moron," under my breath.

;)
  • Page

of 21 First / Last