Easiest way to cancel Xbox 360 subscription.

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • mikeyp7771 13 Feb 2007 19:10:07 1 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    Been meaning to do this for months. Logged into account management and to my horror theres NO option to stop my subscription. Cheeky b*stards.

Other than cancelling my credit card and getting a new one, is there an easier way to cancel this?

Also whats the xbox helpline number?
    EDIT: Cancelling Your Account
    To cancel your Xbox Live account, please call 0800 587 1102.

Edited by mikeyp7771 at 19:36:19 13-02-2007
  • MistMeUK 14 Feb 2007 16:09:23 8 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You dont cancel your subscription, You just dont renew it.

When you first sign up you pay for the full 3month or 12month in advance.

• nick303 14 Feb 2007 16:26:14 1,525 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FluffyTucker wrote:
    It automatically renews every month does it not, mine does, I chose the pay one month option. Last time I cancelled I had to ring them up.

Does it automatically renew because you're on a pay per month option?

I was on the 12 month option and just didn't renew. MS sent me an email telling me that as i hadn't renewed they have cancelled my gold account and I that I would revert back to silver.
  • X201 14 Feb 2007 16:40:26 15,699 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wonga wrote:

This is right, and it's very bad in my opinion. It would be very easy for them to add a cancel subscription option in your account area

... and make it very easy for customers to use it.

• nick303 14 Feb 2007 16:42:01 1,525 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    grayson wrote:
    nick303 wrote:

yup!

Hmm, yeah i did kind of answer my own question there :p

I didn't realise you could do a pay monthly thing.
  • Xerx3s 14 Feb 2007 16:50:58 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It is very easy to end your subscription when your term ends. It's a bit harder (5 min phone call) to end it before that. It's all in the menu's and xbox.com though.
  • plok 14 Feb 2007 17:14:11 1,296 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I assume it doesn't automatically renew if you entered using a voucher card thingy as they don't have your details.

And as for people paying on a monthly basis...is that not costing you a fortune!!
  • warlockuk 14 Feb 2007 18:10:47 19,216 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Method #4: Get a mate to report you for calling him a cunt and get your account banned :)

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• MrSensible 14 Feb 2007 18:12:06 25,297 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nick303 wrote:
    FluffyTucker wrote:
    It automatically renews every month does it not, mine does, I chose the pay one month option. Last time I cancelled I had to ring them up.

I was on the 12 month option and just didn't renew. MS sent me an email telling me that as i hadn't renewed they have cancelled my gold account and I that I would revert back to silver.

I've been doing the 12 month option for years and it's always automatically renewed. Much easier as I don't feel like I'm actually parting with any cash :D
  • oceanmotion 14 Feb 2007 18:28:03 16,092 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I need to cancel mine too. Don't use it any more. Will jump in again with a 360 and new gamertag later this year. My current one is a credit card based subscription. I like how you can just use cards to subscribe now, no sneaky renews by MS just goes back to silver now when it runs out. I like them not having my credit card details. Means you can just forget about it and have no worry of them renewing automatically.

So, is customer service straight forward to cancel a credit card subscription ? Does the gamertag go back into the mix ? Any little tips/info I should know of. thanks.

Edited by WooHoo!!! at 18:30:22 14-02-2007
  • kentmonkey 14 Feb 2007 18:32:25 20,882 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Only fund it via the voucher method.

Microsoft make it as hard as 12 week old shit to cancel otherwise.

Had a "trial" to XBOX Live...2 days before it expired I decided to cancel as no one was using the old XBOX games on live and....6 phonecalls and over 2 hours later, during whichtime I'd been hung up on 3 times without anyone even talking to me...just click and click...I actually spoke to someone who spoke swahilijappadutchenglish who coudln't understand a fucking word I said, kept telling me that "I wanted to renew" then repeated that she was going to cancel it and was I sure 7, yes 7 times before she actually cancelled it.

Will never ever join XBOX Live when I get a 360 unless I use the voucher method to pay as I don't trust them and their service is shit.
  • warlockuk 14 Feb 2007 19:05:32 19,216 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Weird. I let a sub on an xbox lapse over and got charged 40 renewal, I hadn't used it in about 6 months - some of which had passed since it started on the 40. I phoned right up and they refunded me the whole 40 and cancelled the account right away.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• jozz 14 Feb 2007 19:19:43 4,871 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Err, the only time I've had to ring them was for going over two weeks on a live sub and they refunded me too, thankfully. Still, it's a good idea to get a starter kit just encase anyway.

Edited by jozz at 19:22:26 14-02-2007
  • oceanmotion 1 Mar 2007 11:32:05 16,092 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Phoned up, cancelled my credit card subscription. Just 5 mins, no hassle just wanted to know why & if a friend would like the gamertag. I got a reference number for whatever reason.

Will I be getting a confirmation email soon or when it expires in June ?
  • Carlo 1 Mar 2007 11:46:09 18,180 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    True Story:

I bought a 1 month sub to try out Test Drive online. Buggy as shit, I eventually found how to stop the sub. I called them a week before expiry so they had enough time to cancel it and not charge me for another month 'by accident'.

Cheeky cunts stopped it there and then, not when it was due to expire.

PSN ID: Djini

• WinstonChurchill 2 Mar 2007 12:02:24 137 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    True Story:

I bought a 1 month sub to try out Test Drive online. Buggy as shit, I eventually found how to stop the sub. I called them a week before expiry so they had enough time to cancel it and not charge me for another month 'by accident'.

Wait... so you asked them to cancel it... and they did?

(Although if you'd asked them to wait until it expired or they said they'd do that, excuse my sarcasm.)

[/covering all bases]
  • Carlo 2 Mar 2007 12:08:03 18,180 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    WinstonChurchill wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    True Story:

Wait... so you asked them to cancel it... and they did?

(Although if you'd asked them to wait until it expired or they said they'd do that, excuse my sarcasm.)

[/covering all bases]
    i told them that I did not want to renew my subscription and to take my CC details off. I also asked them to confirm that my sub will run until it's expiry but not renewed. They confirmed it.

Then stopped it that evening :S

PSN ID: Djini

• oceanmotion 21 Mar 2007 15:21:31 16,092 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's an absolute bastard trying to get them to take my credit card details off. No luck. Say it's for your safety. lol.

Still, cancelled the Xbox Live Account so see how that goes. Still showing gold on Xbox.com after two weeks. Got a confirmation email too. Wonder if the gamertag will go back into the mix eventually.
  • JediMasterMalik 21 Mar 2007 15:24:32 11,820 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cancel?! CANCEL?!?!

You can't fucking CANCEL! What does this look like to you? A fucking subscription service?!

oh...

/goes back to playing PS3... oh
  • plaguewielder 21 Mar 2007 15:39:25 368 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just moved all the visa card account money over to another account. but then I also got suspended from xbl

lol
  • reality_cheque 21 Mar 2007 16:17:27 7,487 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The tag does seem to go back into the mix after a while, as my old XBL tag from the first xbox apparently doesn't exist anymore.
  • QueenofSpain 15 Nov 2007 20:02:54 433 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bump
    I am unable to use my xbox live at all at the moment coz the debit card that was logged for payment expired, but it wont let me change the details to my new card, i dont want to lose my gamer tag, but is there any ideas of how i sort this:-)
  • Khab 15 Nov 2007 20:15:20 6,576 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think that's a bit of a catch-22 that they had some problems with.. call 'em up.
  • QueenofSpain 15 Nov 2007 20:21:41 433 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ill have to ring them then, thanks
  • Psychotext 15 Nov 2007 20:34:32 54,822 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Funnily enough I had to call them after I got auto-subscribed a while back. Even though I phoned after the resubscription I got all the money back, which was pretty cool.

Oh and QoS... When this happened to me I lost my gamertag. Is this a 360 live account or did it expire when it was an original xbox account?
  • QueenofSpain 16 Nov 2007 16:24:13 433 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    it was set up as a xbox live tag in the first place, i just really dont want to lose all my achivements, did you lose yours
  • Psychotext 16 Nov 2007 16:29:39 54,822 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    QueenofSpain wrote:
    it was set up as a xbox live tag in the first place, i just really dont want to lose all my achivements, did you lose yours
    It did, but mine expired before I got to use it on the 360. Yours should have just become a silver account.
  • QueenofSpain 16 Nov 2007 16:35:27 433 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    it isnt even a silver coz i cant even go on the marketplace, i shall ring them and hopefully they will be able to change the debit card details and it will be sorted, then i can go back to beating my sisters online at worms!!
  • Donk3yPunch 14 Jan 2008 11:13:39 89 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ignition wrote:
    Mines not silver either. My card expired and I threw it away, haven't played live for a few months, and the bloke i phoned asked me for the card number i threw away...and asked for a security answer i never gave. Why the fuck can you not upgrade your account details online? ARRRGH

I think I might get one of those 3 month gold things.

To be fair you can change your accounts details online. Just log in here with your XBox LIVE details and change your details (incl. card details).

http://billing.microsoft.com/
  • coastal 14 Jan 2008 11:36:50 5,389 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    M$ would get more subs out of me if there was an easy way of cancelling through the dashboard. As there isn't and the phone number is tucked away on their website i can't be arsed.

And since these 48-hour passes seem to be on constant offer i don't see much reason to renew at any point soon.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous