WTF do away goals not count?
  • Deleted user 15 May 2007 22:27:19
    frod wrote:
    haven't for 6 years or so

Must keep up
  • White_Shadow 15 May 2007 22:29:11 2,537 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    do you reckon stickman has marked this as an 'interesting thread' yet?
  • Twinkle 16 May 2007 08:16:33 542 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Que sera sera
    Whatever will be will be
    WE'RE GOING TO WEM-BER-LEEEEEE!
    Que sera sera

Wooooooo!

I never want to sit through a penalty shoot-out again.
  • Dougs 16 May 2007 08:45:21 68,040 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gutted for Saints (my Best Man is a Saints fan). I thought they were far and away the best side over 90 mins. Derby probably shaded it in ET though.

It was obvious Leon Best would miss. Aside from his OG, he had a shocker imo. Poor touch for the most part, was caught offside all.the.fucking.time and didn't really trouble Derby at all.

Great game though, very entertaining for the neutral. Oh and Derby fans....where was Arturo, at Fiorentina already?!
  • wobbler147 16 May 2007 21:46:51 5,139 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    West Brom or Derby then?
    Seeing as my old mum was a baggies fan, I'm rooting for the Albion.
  • Stickman 16 May 2007 21:53:54 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    White_Shadow wrote:
    do you reckon stickman has marked this as an 'interesting thread' yet?

I pop in and cry from time to time.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• nickthegun 28 May 2007 18:30:21 60,135 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    *pelvic thrust*

They do say that if you could choose a way to get up, it would be by winnign the final and after 90 pant crapping minutes, we are finally 'Back in the Big Time'.

I love the playoff weekend, but I would have loved to have the games played backwards. It was fucking difficult to tear myself away from the pub after the game with work tomorrow.

So, anyway, unlucky west brom, but I think its deserved and it has been a while that 3rd have gone up.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Heartcore_Ninja 28 May 2007 18:32:20 1,727 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    *pelvic thrust*

So, anyway, unlucky west brom, but I think its deserved and it has been a while that 3rd have gone up.

Watford last season?
  • nickthegun 28 May 2007 18:34:54 60,135 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pft....theres always one....:)

Im still in the 'arguing with my mate who supports west ham' mode :D

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Stickman 18 Jul 2007 14:07:25 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, friendlies are being played, managers are frantically searching for 'that little bit of quality we need', and already you can see the gaping holes in your team's squad for the coming season.

What's everyone hoping to get out of next season then? I guess for me, anything other than promotion will be disappointing, not because we're one of those annoying 'big clubs' who feel they have a god given right to be in the Premiership (the other Sheffield club still fill that role somehow), but if you come down, you've got to back yourself to go straight back.

How's anyone else feeling about the coming race for the Holy Grail?

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• TheSaint 18 Jul 2007 14:17:03 14,478 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Saints won a friendly in Norway the other day 12 - 0 so the rest of the championship should be worried.

(Disregard the fact that this team was part time and play in the fourth tier of Norwegian football)
  • Stickman 18 Jul 2007 14:20:36 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well we managed to hammer a mighty two past Alfreton Town and Worksop, so tremble.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 18 Jul 2007 14:42:05 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have they even decided whether you're allowed to play or not yet?!

I reckon you might struggle next year to be honest. From living in Nottingham and talking to visiting fans sometimes, they see their trip to the City Ground as a bit of a cup final type affair, and people do seem to up their game against Forest due to their (supposed) 'big club' status.

Leeds will probably be an even bigger draw I'd imagine.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Fonzie 18 Jul 2007 15:39:51 1,859 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    Well we managed to hammer a mighty two past Alfreton Town and Worksop, so tremble.

Don't worry. My team, the mighty Wolves, could only manage a goal-less draw with non league Grays!!!!!

Oh well, McCarthy has made a couple of decent signings so hopefully we can get to the play-off positions again this year (and then, no doubt loose and we'll still be here this time next year).
  • Stickman 19 Jul 2007 10:47:21 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Apparently we've signed Lee Hendrie today. Always rated him, but you've got to wonder why he's not playing for Villa. Any Stoke fans about? Did you rate him last year?

Also, we've told Gravesen he can keep his fat arse on the Celtic bench all year which I'm glad about. We'd have had to spend way over the odds for him and he obviously didn't want to come either.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 19 Jul 2007 11:17:45 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SHEFFIELD WELCOMES TOMMY!

"Worth every penny", say fans.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• malteaserhead 21 Jul 2007 13:51:15 13,444 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    so for my sins i have to go and watch Newry City against Sheffield United today :)

Does any Blades fan know if Robbo is taking a decent (relatively speaking) team with him?
  • Stickman 21 Jul 2007 21:26:36 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, it's no good to you now, but I can tell you it is a proper first team tour, so it should be a proper-ish team.

Were we any good?

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• malteaserhead 22 Jul 2007 01:11:00 13,444 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    fantastic.

The lads did you proud.

Good strong team despite it being nothing more than a fitness exercise
    Robbo wants them to put the effort in pre-season (only two subs very late on)

Newry city (lol) tried hard for 80 mins before the class shone through
    3-1 to sheff utd

If you hang on to stead and a few others you should be back to the top flight in no time.

Robbo was a true gent: took the time to talk to everyone.
    So much so that he is shagging my mate now.
    In the canal court.

that isn't code.fair play to the manc b*stard!

• Stickman 26 Jul 2007 11:25:36 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Heh! Where've you been touring?

Despite the rivalry and being brought up not to like LUFC, it's actually pretty sad to see what's happening to your club.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 9 Aug 2007 13:20:53 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd say you'll be alright, like Juventus were, but they managed to hang on to Nedved, Buffon and Del Piero!

You could see this coming a mile off though. Ken bates is a crooked old bastard and barely even tried to hide the fact that he was cheating the system rotten.

He'd have got away with it if you'd been West Ham.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 17 Aug 2007 11:34:21 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 17 Aug 2007 11:34:21 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Watford away tomorrow. Should be one of the hardest games of the season, so nice to get it out the way early on.

Feels weird though, cos I've not actually seen the Blades yet this year. Missed last weekend for a wedding and didn't bother with the CC midweek, away this week, then home to WBA the week after but it's on Sky, so I'll probably just stay home and watch it. Away the week after that, so we'll be 5 games in to the season before I actually get to watch any! Doesn't feel like it's properly started yet.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• macksed 17 Aug 2007 11:36:57 3,798 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LEICESTER effteedoubleyou!
  • manuel_garcia 1 Sep 2007 19:55:15 4,079 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Only another 1223 pages before we can hit the Prem thread...

Chuffed that Cardiff managed to nick three points today. I'm used to automatically assuming the worst whenever we go a goal down, nice to finally have a bit of security. Dave Jones officially rocks.
  • kylesawyer 2 Sep 2007 19:14:31 4 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    think we'd be top now if we managed to have anyone in the side who could kick a ball into a net from all of 12 yards. nevermind though. jimmy-floyd and fowler both started yesterday-if only it was 1997 we'd have the best strikeforce in the country.
  • Stickman 24 Sep 2007 09:47:12 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Getting pretty pissed off with conceding late goals now. I think if matches lasted 85 minutes we'd be top! Also the third away match we've scored 2 goals in and not own, which is bloody ridiculous. It's the same defence that kept clean sheets against people like Arsenal and Everton last year and fucking Palace and Scunthorpe can stick 3 past it?!

Still, nice easy home match next week. ;)

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 1 Oct 2007 11:04:02 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jesus Christ! I honestly haven't seen us play as badly as we did on Saturday for at least 15 years. There was a period in the second half that was just embarrassing to watch.

God knows what happened. Right up until Southampton equalised we were basically giving out a footballing lesson, no word of a lie, they couldn't even get close to the ball. Then conceded with an idiotic bit of defending and absolutely fell apart! Should have been about 4-1 in the end!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 2 Oct 2007 22:56:25 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    OK, so maybe late goals aren't bad after all! ;)

We really cannot defend for shit at the moment, I don't know what's going on. The club's going down a road I feared it might too after we got relegated. There's a lot of fans, who may or may not have started going last year, who may or may not have been there for the previous 13 years of Championship football, who are definitely wondering why a club that was in the Premiership last year isn't tonking teams week in, week out.

Fans are arguing on the terraces, and boos are always more noticable than cheers aren't they?

I realise I'm the only one posting in here, but I don't really care.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Page

of 184 First / Last