The Football League Thread Page 163

• Page

of 186 First / Last

• captbirdseye 16 Apr 2013 12:59:07 5,463 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Nervous about tonight, but should be able to get a point in the next four games :D. We can then get rid of the silly 'bottlers' tag as well which i always felt was more apt for Leicester than us.

53 years ago today we were also promoted so fingers crossed.
    I'm sure you'll do it but failing to get any more points could be the most epic bottling ever.
    Hehe, even if we did the rest of the teams around us have been so inconsistent that they'll probably do it for us.
  • b0rk 16 Apr 2013 21:20:06 2,942 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm no hardcore footy fan but even so feeling a bit nervous at the moment.

Come on City. :D
  • b0rk 16 Apr 2013 21:43:43 2,942 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    \o/
  • elephantjuice 16 Apr 2013 21:56:52 791 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just the 3 red cards, 3 penalties and 4 goals at the Sheffield Utd vs Brentford game tonight.
  • Stickman 16 Apr 2013 23:21:14 29,664 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Play offs it is then. Last minute panalties can do one.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• captbirdseye 16 Apr 2013 23:28:04 5,463 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lost for words. Been a strange year with the rebrand and the passing of Eddie May but we've finally reached the promised land. Let's just hope we beat Derby's points tally next year ;p.
  • lucky_jim 17 Apr 2013 05:56:46 5,349 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    From what little I've managed to gather about the season out here in the wilds of the Prague, Cardiff have been the stand-out team. I reckon they'll do alright in the Prem, and a Premiership Welsh derby has to be a good thing.

I think I'm right in saying that, out of all the teams in the top six at the start of last night's games, only Cardiff and Brighton managed not to lose- is that correct? Looks like everyone is "bottling"! I'd be very surprised if we weren't in the play-offs, which I wasn't able to say even a few weeks ago; we've been very fortunate with other results going our way on (by my count) three successive match-days now. It's like the rest of the play-off contenders are inviting us in.
  • Monsieur_Blade 17 Apr 2013 14:54:23 357 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    elephantjuice wrote:
    Just the 3 red cards, 3 penalties and 4 goals at the Sheffield Utd vs Brentford game tonight.
    Actually it was 3 red cards, penalties, 4 goals and 11 yellow cards!

One of the most ridiculous games I've EVER been too!  The thing is, there wasn't a bad tackle in the whole game. The referee was atrocious!!!

Amazing 2nd half though with both teams just going for it.

Looking like the dreaded playoffs for us again :(
  • elephantjuice 17 Apr 2013 16:03:12 791 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes, it was 4 penalties I stand corrected!

Unfortunately I couldn't make the game which I was (and still am) pretty gutted about. I'd heard the ref was bad but that was only from a Brentford persepctive.

That was a crazy end to last season for you. Pipped to the post by your bitter rivals and one of the craziest penalty shootouts ever. I don't blame you for your sentiment towards play-offs. Saying that our play-off record is atrocious so I'm praying that we can scrape top 2 although we've got our work cut out.

Our last game of the season is Doncaster at home. They are currently three points ahead with +2 GD. If both teams win this Saturday it should make for an interesting game to say the least.
  • Monsieur_Blade 17 Apr 2013 16:37:27 357 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @elephantjuice  i don't want to make u feel bad but u really did miss a cracker!! I was really impressed by you and you still pushed forward even with 9 men!  I'm hoping if we don't make automatic you do cos i don't fancy playing u in the playoffs. There's so much pace in your team!

Re the ref: it was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. He booked your keeper after 15 mins for time wasting. I've never seen that before?? And then he decided to book every player who went anywhere near the ball. 

Like i said originally - there were 3 red cards, 4 pens and 11 yellows and there wasn't a nasty challenge in the whole match.

It was a breath taking 2nd half though. I needed a sit down at the end!!
  • cowell 25 Apr 2013 13:24:11 714 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As a Brentford fan, Saturday's game in League One is massive. Best home record vs best away record. Winner gets automatic promotion. Our biggest game in 10 years
  • elephantjuice 25 Apr 2013 13:42:36 791 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hello fellow Bees fan!

I'm up in West Yorkshire and haven't got to get tickets. Can't watch it, can't listen to it and can't bear the thought of watching the scores come in on SSN. Just going to get out of the house to try and take my mind off it. Torture!
  • cowell 25 Apr 2013 13:45:27 714 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @elephantjuice

Good luck with that. The temptation to keep an eye on the score would be too much for me. I'll be there screaming for 90 minutes
  • elephantjuice 25 Apr 2013 13:54:26 791 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm actually fairly positive about Saturday. My main concern is no Craig but having Donaldson back is a massive boost.
  • cowell 25 Apr 2013 14:20:22 714 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    elephantjuice wrote:
    I'm actually fairly positive about Saturday. My main concern is no Craig but having Donaldson back is a massive boost.
    Totally agree. Hoping King Kev can keep up with the game. Would secure himself legend status forever
  • Saucy 26 Apr 2013 09:40:35 2,614 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Been confident of York surviving all year...but today I'm a bag of nerves. League 2 has been tight all year.

Worst part is I'm at a Wedding in the middle of nowhere tomorrow. Lack of phone signal could make for a painful day.
  • nickthegun 26 Apr 2013 09:43:44 61,286 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You just need a point dont you?

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Saucy 26 Apr 2013 10:18:56 2,614 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yep, a draw will see us to 53pts and safe. Up against Dag & Red who will need all three to be sure of survival. They are in absolute freefall, so hopefully we won't need to rely on results else.

One game to go and we could finish anywhere between 16th and 23rd.
  • Bmovie 26 Apr 2013 10:29:32 919 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    'Short' trip to Bristol for me tomorrow, hopefully to secure survival. Or we could end the day 2nd bottom!
  • OldCrow 26 Apr 2013 11:20:32 148 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Going to be an interesting day at the bottom of League 2 tomorrow, personally I'd like to see AFC Wimbledon stay up. As for Cheltenham we need Aldershot to pick up 3 points at Rotherham which is highly unlikely considering Aldershot are probably the worst side I've seen all season. If we beat a weakened Bradford side and Roterham lose then it's League 1 for us next season.
  • captbirdseye 26 Apr 2013 11:43:40 5,463 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Champions! :D League trophy presentation tomorrow. Hopeful for a Watford loss tonight so both us and Hull can party all Saturday nezt week.

Edited by captbirdseye at 11:44:07 26-04-2013
  • Bmovie 26 Apr 2013 12:07:56 919 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Champions! :D League trophy presentation tomorrow. Hopeful for a Watford loss tonight so both us and Hull can party all Saturday nezt week.
    No! 'We' want a Watford win then Hull need something at Barnsley tomorrow.
  • captbirdseye 27 Apr 2013 02:00:03 5,463 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks like our debt will finally be sorted in the next few weeks.Although the sight of Sam Hamaman tomorrow will make my blood boil.
  • captbirdseye 27 Apr 2013 17:39:05 5,463 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Doncaster game sounded mental! And lol at Wolves/ Saunders getting more or less relegated and Doncaster getting promoted.
  • Saucy 27 Apr 2013 17:42:24 2,614 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished 17th!! What was I ever worried about...

Our management team and playing squad deserves plenty of credit for the last month. With 6 games to go we were in massive trouble, playing badly and without a win in 3 months. Finished a tough run in with 4 wins, 2 draws and only conceded 3 goals along the way.

It nearly feels as good as last year's promotion. Bring on next 2013/14.
  • Bmovie 29 Apr 2013 09:25:08 919 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    57 points and still not safe. With one game to go we could feasibly finish 12th or 22nd.

Ridiculous league.
  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 09:47:08
    Over the moon to see that we (Wrexham) have secured our 2nd trip to Wembley in 2 months following our aggregate victory over Kidderminster this weekend :)

I can now only pray that we get past Newport this Sunday and reclaim our place in the football league.

We've been in the Blue Square for far too long but, either way, at least it's good to see that our off-field problems over the last 4-5 years seem to be well and truly behind us :)
  • nickthegun 29 Apr 2013 09:47:55 61,286 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, we are 13th on 58 by virtue of having the only positive goal difference in the bottom half.

• captbirdseye 29 Apr 2013 09:50:02 5,463 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bmovie wrote:
    57 points and still not safe. With one game to go we could feasibly finish 12th or 22nd.

Ridiculous league.
    Just realised you play Barnsley next week who are a pretty decent side away from home.  You'll be ok though and it should finish how it looks at the moment. Wolveslol.
  • nickthegun 29 Apr 2013 09:51:53 61,286 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LETS PUNCH SOME STEWARDS! Nice one, yam yams.

• Page

of 186 First / Last