The Football League Thread Page 161

• Page

of 184 First / Last

• thedaveeyres 18 Feb 2013 16:29:45 11,129 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Paul cunting Ince. League 1 for us next season. Fuck.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• captbirdseye 18 Feb 2013 21:02:52 5,023 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Should've waited for Di Canio.
  • thedaveeyres 18 Feb 2013 22:03:10 11,129 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There is absolutely no way Di Canio would last more than a week at our club.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Bmovie 19 Feb 2013 09:31:32 900 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    More farcical behaviour from West Yorkshire Police.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/hull-city/hull-city-v-blackburn-rovers-draconian-derby-restrictions-leave-tigers-furious-over-police-intervention-1-5423251

Town v Hull isn't even a Derby.
  • Zomoniac 19 Feb 2013 11:03:15 7,838 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    WYP really are utter scum. Hardly surprising there's "trouble" when they seem to have already convicted every fan of something a month before a game even takes place.
  • Dougs 21 Feb 2013 19:39:26 68,030 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hahahaha!

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1225366-ever-left-a-game-early-and-missed-the-best-bit
  • ecureuil 22 Feb 2013 21:10:55 76,870 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just saw that on the BBC. Brilliant stuff!
  • captbirdseye 23 Feb 2013 17:48:29 5,023 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Watford played 8 loan players today which is an absolute joke. If they go up this season they will likely have a complete new starting 11 next year.
  • Bmovie 25 Feb 2013 11:11:25 900 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Watford played 8 loan players today which is an absolute joke. If they go up this season they will likely have a complete new starting 11 next year.
    And if they don't go up and the loop hole is closed the Udinese lot will be off like a shot no doubt leaving Watford in dire financial trouble.

I think Town v Ipswich was one of the worst games I've ever seen. Neither team deserve to stay up on that showing.
  • captbirdseye 28 Feb 2013 11:47:55 5,023 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fuck off Tan!!!! Best season we've ever had and he no looks like totally destorying any identity most City fans have with the club.
  • Bmovie 28 Feb 2013 13:11:29 900 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Fuck off Tan!!!! Best season we've ever had and he no looks like totally destorying any identity most City fans have with the club.
    Surprised how easily the red shirts ended up being accepted really. Can't stand these [usually foreign] business men than come in and treat clubs like a regular business and fans as just paying customers, totally missing the point.

Makes me so glad we have a a lifelong fan as chairman. I'd rather we were in the championship or even league 1/2 and played in our proper kit as Huddersfield Town, than be in the Premier League with a shed load of cash but called something different and playing in red.

The day someone changes the kit or name of my club is the day I call it quits.

Edited by Bmovie at 13:12:32 28-02-2013
  • captbirdseye 28 Feb 2013 13:50:39 5,023 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bmovie wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Surprised how easily the red shirts ended up being accepted really. Can't stand these [usually foreign] business men than come in and treat clubs like a regular business and fans as just paying customers, totally missing the point.

Makes me so glad we have a a lifelong fan as chairman. I'd rather we were in the championship or even league 1/2 and played in our proper kit as Huddersfield Town, than be in the Premier League with a shed load of cash but called something different and playing in red.

He had us where he wanted us tbh. We were days away from admin before he came in and without him we would end up like Portsmouth due to some awful financial management over the years.

Most fans just expected the change because our situation,  the team doing well and us having one the best young managers around at the moment.

The worry was always at the back of my mind about what he could possibly do next and although he can't change the name the fact he has thought about it makes it worse.

The worst part about the whole interview though is that he doesn't care about some of the fans who don't agree with him on this, and they were ones who kept this club going when we were playing in the 3rd division for years.

I was never keen about playing Prermier League football as most clubs are just full of plastic fans with plastic flags.

Edited by captbirdseye at 13:51:23 28-02-2013
  • Stickman 28 Feb 2013 14:03:56 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He shows a complete lack of understanding about football clubs and how they come about.

He really is running it like taking over a failing business.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• captbirdseye 28 Feb 2013 14:17:48 5,023 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    He shows a complete lack of understanding about football clubs and how they come about.

Exactly, he has no feelings bar how much he can fill his pockets. Yes, we did need an owner with business ideas as the footballing owners we've had before have put us in this position, but his ideas are just plain crazy. He might as well move the club to Malyasia.

Also, putting Sam Hammam on the board is another big fuck
  • Bmovie 28 Feb 2013 14:35:40 900 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stickman wrote:

Reckon you'll come up this time? Ridiculously tight at the top of L1!
  • Zomoniac 28 Feb 2013 15:34:51 7,838 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bmovie wrote:
    Whenever this gets thrown around every Leeds fan on Twitter universally jumps up with "if we stop wearing white I'll quit, we're always white, it's tradition". Conveniently forgetting that we switched to white after 50 years of our traditional blue and yellow. Football fans hate change, then forget about it after a week.
  • Stickman 28 Feb 2013 15:38:49 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    God knows! We're so frustrating at the moment; three home defeats on the bounce, then win five in a row to go top, then one of the worst performances I've seen drawing 0-0 at home with Leyton Orient. Luckily, everyone else is doing the same.

It's a different race to last year. Then it came down to single mistakes, now it's about who manages to knacker things up the least!

We're playing some awful stuff at the minute as well.

If pushed, I'd say we will but I wouldn't put my house on it.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Bmovie 28 Feb 2013 16:19:10 900 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    God knows! We're so frustrating at the moment; three home defeats on the bounce, then win five in a row to go top, then one of the worst performances I've seen drawing 0-0 at home with Leyton Orient. Luckily, everyone else is doing the same.

It's a different race to last year. Then it came down to single mistakes, now it's about who manages to knacker things up the least!

We're playing some awful stuff at the minute as well.

If pushed, I'd say we will but I wouldn't put my house on it.
    Without wanting to sound patronising I think it's a weaker league now than it has been. The big clubs that remain (you, Cov, Pompey) all seem under financial constraints to one degree or another, and all the other big teams have gone (Leicester, Norwich, Leeds, Southampton, Brighton, Charlton) as well as us who were very well backed financially.

Hope you come up, along with Donny and Tranmere. Bristol, Peterborough and Ipswich down - More Northern teams the better!
  • nickthegun 28 Feb 2013 16:21:03 60,124 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whens Ched Evans getting out?

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Bmovie 28 Feb 2013 16:22:23 900 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Zomoniac

You started off by copying our kit ;)

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Leeds_United/Leeds_United.htm
  • TheSaint 28 Feb 2013 16:23:24 14,470 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apparently Bournemouth have the highest paid squad and manager in League 1 and all on an average attendance of 6K odd.

Seems a risky strategy.
  • quadfather 28 Feb 2013 16:48:11 12,226 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, Leicester have finally got back on form again, beating blackburn 3-0 after not winning the last 4 games. The lack of consistency is disturbing.

Still, at least we capitalised on our 2 games in hand. Oh no, wait....argh

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• lucky_jim 2 Mar 2013 17:06:53 5,307 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Haven't been following the footie too closely this season (it's pretty difficult to follow any English league except the Prem from the Czech Republic, our FA cup defeat against Arsenal was the last game I watched, and Czech telly certainly didn't show it because Brighton were playing!). But, having just checked today's result and seen that we beat Huddersfield 4-1 at the Amex, and at the same time noticed that we won 2-0 at Cardiff the game before last, I thought I'd pop in for a little bit of gloating at Bmovie and captbirdseye.

/gloat

Ah, that felt nice. Though as I said, I haven't really followed this season, so that feels like a bit of an unearned gloat. And I hadn't looked at the league table for ages, having just done so I don't think the result at Cardiff will have made too much difference to their promotion chances.
  • captbirdseye 2 Mar 2013 17:15:41 5,023 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :p You were the best team we've played so far this season and joy to watch. I think the play-offs might be a bit much you this season considering the sides around you.

An absolute wondwe goal from Sammy Ameobi today.
  • lucky_jim 3 Mar 2013 10:08:02 5,307 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Did anybody else notice that the goal in Dagenham 0 - 1 Chesterfield was credited as "Ogogo (og)"? I guess I'm easily amused.
  • nickthegun 3 Mar 2013 10:56:51 60,124 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Well, Leicester have finally got back on form again, beating blackburn 3-0 after not winning the last 4 games. The lack of consistency is disturbing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21640370

A shit man city
    Youre just a shit man city
    A shit man city
    Youre just a shit man ciiiiity

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• quadfather 3 Mar 2013 11:08:15 12,226 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And add another loss against ipswitch

ffs

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• captbirdseye 10 Mar 2013 12:52:15 5,023 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nice for everyone else to help us out yesterday. Looking llike Ashley Barnes has cost Brighton a play-off spot with his stupid trip on the ref yesterday.
  • captbirdseye 10 Mar 2013 12:53:14 5,023 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    quadfather wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21640370

A shit man city
    Youre just a shit man city
    A shit man city
    Youre just a shit man ciiiiity
    We can beat that with 80 million :(.
  • captbirdseye 12 Mar 2013 21:51:07 5,023 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Crap game with two sides in awful form. I'm begining to think we'll do a Cardiff again.
  • Page

of 184 First / Last