The Football League Thread Page 160

• Page

of 186 First / Last

• captbirdseye 31 Jan 2013 18:48:18 5,467 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bmovie wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Good result tonight for you Bmovie? What the hell happens at the final whistle? It seems that Alan Lee punched Jedinak.
    Great result and performance. Like chalk and cheese to the last 3 months under Grayson. The players went mental when we scored and celebrated like we'd won promotion at the final whistle which says to me that Grayson had lost the dressing room.

Alan Lee clashed with Jedinak (who had been a cock all night, as had most Palace players diving and feigning injury...until they went behind) Didn't see it but he's supposedly elbowed him, which he has lots of previous with. He's a bit of a liability to be honest as well as being shit. Think Holloway blew it out of proportion though, but he's an odious knob as well.

£15m for Zaha? WTF?!
    Just hope its a blip and we can have 3 points next week ;p. Sooo over hyped it really is unbelieveable but he's young and English so you pay the overpriced fee.
  • TheSaint 31 Jan 2013 18:49:55 14,833 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He'll be offloaded to Sunderland in a year or two.
  • Bmovie 1 Feb 2013 09:53:15 919 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pretty sure he's still in Jack Hunt's pocket.
  • Stickman 1 Feb 2013 21:43:35 29,664 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For fucking fuck's fucking sake!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• captbirdseye 2 Feb 2013 17:11:24 5,467 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't remember the last time we put in a good performance but somehow we just keep grinding out results.
  • TheSaint 2 Feb 2013 17:16:13 14,833 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Can't remember the last time we put in a good performance but somehow we just keep grinding out results.
    A bit like the team top of the Premier League.
  • captbirdseye 2 Feb 2013 17:28:47 5,467 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    A bit like the team top of the Premier League.
    Sign of champions and the fact that everyone else is so inconsistent. If we remain unbeaten this month then we'll go up as champions :D.
  • Zomoniac 4 Feb 2013 10:56:22 7,989 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    TBF I think it's just a universal law of physics that Cardiff could have 0 shots to Leeds' 916 and still win :)

Think it was 1957 when we last beat you, I'm starting to believe it's actually a physical impossibility.
  • captbirdseye 4 Feb 2013 11:34:47 5,467 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    TBF I think it's just a universal law of physics that Cardiff could have 0 shots to Leeds' 916 and still win :)

Think it was 1957 when we last beat you, I'm starting to believe it's actually a physical impossibility.
    Hehehe, yeah it has been a long time and you really did miss some sitters.
  • captbirdseye 5 Feb 2013 11:16:07 5,467 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Al Haswais are the new Venky's.
  • nickthegun 5 Feb 2013 12:03:24 61,325 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its the fans I feel sorry for. They didnt even get a chance to shout 'BOOOOOOO! MCLEISH OUT!! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!'.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• captbirdseye 5 Feb 2013 12:43:16 5,467 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A few were pretty vocal about him though and the appointment was awful in the first place when O'Driscoll was doing a pretty decent job.

It would be interesting to know what the owners expectations are for this season as bar a few decent players the rest of the side are average at best.
  • TheSaint 7 Feb 2013 19:28:35 14,833 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Today's news looks like it might be the final nail in the coffin for Pompey. Quite surprised that the FL have taken such a strong stance on the whole matter, they've basically signed their death warrant.

Bit weird to think your biggest rivals might just disappear.
  • captbirdseye 7 Feb 2013 19:37:50 5,467 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Feel really sorry for the fans over all this and it does look like they will go under at the end of season unless the fans can stump up the cash which is really unlikely currently.

However, this could have a happy ending as fans could set up a new club and have a lot of fun travelling around grounds like Rangers have.
  • TheSaint 7 Feb 2013 20:13:21 14,833 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They've got a fair amount of pledges but they won't get them far in League 2 especially if they are having to pay rent on the ground.

I think they are starting to realise that a phoenix club is their best long term hope.
  • TheSaint 7 Feb 2013 23:07:40 14,833 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rush of betting on Nicky Butt to manage Huddersfield apparently.
  • Bmovie 8 Feb 2013 10:19:22 919 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He's been interviewed apparently.
  • Syrette 8 Feb 2013 19:55:42 44,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Watford 1 up already.

• captbirdseye 9 Feb 2013 21:52:12 5,467 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks for the tips Bmovie and had a really good time in Hudds which is shame as the game was shite! :D.
  • Bmovie 9 Feb 2013 22:18:21 919 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Thanks for the tips Bmovie and had a really good time in Hudds which is shame as the game was shite! :D.
    I enjoyed it but I'm not used to winning every week like you!

Where did you go?

Game wasn't helped by our shocking pitch, not sure whats gone on there it was only relaid last summer and its that posh grassmaster stuff like at Arsenal/Wembley etc.
  • captbirdseye 9 Feb 2013 22:37:20 5,467 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bmovie wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    I enjoyed it but I'm not used to winning every week like you!

Where did you go?

Game wasn't helped by our shocking pitch, not sure whats gone on there it was only relaid last summer and its that posh grassmaster stuff like at Arsenal/Wembley etc.
    Hehe, felt that both teams were pretty happy with a draw and was nice to see Alan Lee again, but the same can't be said for Gerrard.

Nice little bit of banter going between us and the Britannia stand today and they even joined in with the Ayatollah.

Just stayed around Nandos area and had a pint in the Vulcan i think. The Police presence was tad OTT though and getting the car out of the town was a pain.

Yeah, the pitch was pretty awful today and coming up in lumps at some places which didn't help with both our passing today. I did however like the look of Scannell who causes us  a fee problems.
  • Bmovie 10 Feb 2013 13:43:54 919 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Scannell's ok but there's never an end product. Goes on some great mazy runs and has great pace and strength but literally always tries to beat 1 man too many. Scores no goals, gets no assists.

Decent pub is the Vulcan. Surprised Police let you in there though, you must have been covered up!
  • Bmovie 12 Feb 2013 14:42:49 919 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks like Mark Robins is our man.
  • TheSaint 12 Feb 2013 15:55:40 14,833 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did you only interview former United players?
  • Bmovie 12 Feb 2013 16:08:21 919 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haha, it would appear so.

Pretty sure we wanted Adkins but we aren't a big enough draw.
  • TheSaint 12 Feb 2013 16:15:31 14,833 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My money is on him not taking another job until the summer. Just after the window closes is the worst time to take over a team.
  • Zomoniac 12 Feb 2013 16:34:39 7,989 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It seems every managerless teams' fans are crying out for him. I would love him to take over Leeds in summer after Warnock's done fucking up.
  • captbirdseye 16 Feb 2013 22:26:36 5,467 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    6 more wins and i think we'll have promotion sorted. Bristol are probably the worst side i've seen this season and we didn't really have to get out of 2nd gear.

The first time in years that Bristol don't get a bubble trip and they smash up a few local boozers and attack random people in the city centre...clap!!!
  • Zomoniac 18 Feb 2013 15:51:11 7,989 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alex McLeish was sitting a couple of rows behind Ken Bates at the Etihad yesterday. If that happens I will cry.

Also big loves for Robbie Rogers who we just released from his contract who came out last week. He announced his retirement from the game at 25 in the same statement, I really hope the two aren't related, would be tragic.
  • Page

of 186 First / Last