The Football League Thread Page 159

• Page

of 186 First / Last

• captbirdseye 15 Jan 2013 14:57:06 5,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bloody Leeds Utd (not fans).

At the beginning of this season we met with every club about fans arrangements etc including Leeds Utd. We agreed everything with every club. With Leeds we agreed for the kick off to be 3pm at our place and no bubble but ticket exchange at 1pm at an M4 services. Both agreed this and police were happy. The game went ahead totally peaceful at our place, no arrests.

Then Leeds Utd, not the police decided it should be 12.30pm kick off at their place and a bubble for our fans, without police advice on this. They then said ok, still early kick off but all coaches and cars go to the services for 10.30am. Cardiff City said no, we do exactly the same or if its early kick off our fans make their own way.

Leeds Utd answer, is so far to refuse to even send our club the tickets

:(
  • Bmovie 16 Jan 2013 10:50:33 919 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    West Yorkshire Police are a farce when it comes to Policing {Football}. Might not be entirely Leeds fault.
  • captbirdseye 16 Jan 2013 11:47:01 5,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Had no problems for the Huddersfield game in a few weeks though which is what I find odd.

Edited by captbirdseye at 11:47:13 16-01-2013
  • Bmovie 16 Jan 2013 12:00:02 919 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Please don't remind me of our upcoming fixtures :(
  • Zomoniac 16 Jan 2013 15:38:58 7,997 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Bloody Leeds Utd (not fans).

At the beginning of this season we met with every club about fans arrangements etc including Leeds Utd. We agreed everything with every club. With Leeds we agreed for the kick off to be 3pm at our place and no bubble but ticket exchange at 1pm at an M4 services. Both agreed this and police were happy. The game went ahead totally peaceful at our place, no arrests.

Then Leeds Utd, not the police decided it should be 12.30pm kick off at their place and a bubble for our fans, without police advice on this. They then said ok, still early kick off but all coaches and cars go to the services for 10.30am. Cardiff City said no, we do exactly the same or if its early kick off our fans make their own way.

Leeds Utd answer, is so far to refuse to even send our club the tickets

:(
    Got a source for all this? A very large number of our kick-offs have been moved this season, completely beyond the control of the club. Bates sued WY Police last season for overcharging, and much to the surprise of everyone actually won. WYP have responded by making things as difficult as they can. Of our 10 remaining home fixtures, only 4 of them kick off at 3pm. They are making things very unpleasant around the ground, in fact there have been several instances this season and towards the back end of last since the court case where there have actually been more police than away fans.
  • captbirdseye 16 Jan 2013 15:52:21 5,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ahhh, this is what the Supporters Trust have been telling us this week but I'm guessing there must be some kind of misunderstanding. Still pisses me off though considering we haven't caused trouble for donkeys years and bar Millwall a few weeks ago all travelling fans here have been great and completely trouble free with no restrictions.

Edited by captbirdseye at 15:52:37 16-01-2013
  • Zomoniac 16 Jan 2013 16:05:22 7,997 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TBH unless you're a die-hard fan who insists on going to every game I'd advise any away supporter to put a trip to ER at the very bottom of their priority list. Half empty ground, shit atmosphere and obscene numbers of police trying desperately to make everyone's day unpleasant and get something kicking off because they have nothing else to do. Plus the extortionate ticket prices. We may have new owners, but after the initial euphoria, nothing appears to have changed. Police are still there in droves, tickets are still 38 or something similarly daft, and we're halfway into the transfer window and have seen zero activity and have continued to stick with an incompetent manager whose contract expires at the end of the season. Marching on together. Or something.
  • captbirdseye 16 Jan 2013 16:08:15 5,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Zomoniac

Really?! I always look at Leeds being a pretty good atmosphere but that was a few years ago. 38 is pretty shocking as the Huddersfield game is 17 :D.
  • Zomoniac 17 Jan 2013 11:15:15 7,997 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Of our 10 remaining home fixtures, only 4 of them kick off at 3pm.
    Make that 3 of them, the Derby game's now been moved.
  • captbirdseye 17 Jan 2013 20:54:20 5,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Frazier Campbell signing tomorrow :D.
  • DuaneW 17 Jan 2013 23:36:24 91 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Frazier Campbell signing tomorrow :D.
    Great news. Just need a right back now
  • Bmovie 18 Jan 2013 17:50:57 919 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    @Zomoniac

Really?! I always look at Leeds being a pretty good atmosphere but that was a few years ago. 38 is pretty shocking as the Huddersfield game is 17 :D.
    17?! Is it?
  • captbirdseye 18 Jan 2013 18:37:23 5,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bmovie wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    @Zomoniac

17?! Is it?
    Yeah paid this morning :D.
  • superdelphinus 18 Jan 2013 19:45:58 8,127 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is there a blue square thread? Sad and interesting times at the once 'great' stockport county at the moment
  • captbirdseye 20 Jan 2013 16:05:56 5,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Grinded that result out last night on a truely woeful pitch but at this stage of the season i care less about performances.

Also, my god Taylor-Fletcher is one fat bastard these days.
  • thedaveeyres 20 Jan 2013 16:19:38 11,599 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We are going down.

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• captbirdseye 20 Jan 2013 16:51:16 5,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    We are going down.
    You'll finish midtable i think as the teams below you are much worse.
  • captbirdseye 21 Jan 2013 15:50:55 5,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Bmovie Any tips on parking around the stadium buddy? I've never been before and taking the car up rather than train etc.
  • Zomoniac 22 Jan 2013 08:03:50 7,997 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Leeds Cardiff game moved back to 3pm.
  • captbirdseye 22 Jan 2013 13:34:22 5,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sensible decision really and would've been nightmare getting up there so early.
  • Bmovie 23 Jan 2013 16:54:05 919 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    @Bmovie Any tips on parking around the stadium buddy? I've never been before and taking the car up rather than train etc.
    Erm, parking is shit to be honest. Although it's a new(ish) ground it's fairly close to the town centre and not on a massive site. The car park at the ground is permit holders only. I presume you'll be coming up the m6 then m62, in which case you'll hit the town centre before the ground. Might be best parking there somewhere and walking - Its about 10/15 mins.

Found out some more info RE Leeds/Cardiff/Us/West Yorks Police recently. As Zomoniac said Leeds sued WYP last season and were rightfully succesful. Seems to have led to them becoming quite anti-football. As you probably know the Town v Leeds game was supposed to be on SKY @7.45 Friday. Police refused and said Sat 12.30 or it doesnt happen. Turns out since then SKY have requested to move us at home v Cardiff to Friday 8th and us at home v Hull to Sat 5.15. Police have refused both, costing us 80k tv money each time. Absolute joke. I have literally no idea how WYP would cope if we ever played Leeds in a midweek play-off game.

They also make us play Sheff Wednesday, Millwall and Barnsley at 12.30 at home when for the away games SYP and the Met Police are fine with them being 3.00pm.

Edited by Bmovie at 16:55:04 23-01-2013

Edited by Bmovie at 16:57:57 23-01-2013
  • Zomoniac 24 Jan 2013 14:48:33 7,997 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Grayson sacked. All going off today. Becchio, our only player this season, has handed in a transfer request. Alan Tate, the defender we had on loan who's just returned to Swansea was just on Talksport saying he couldn't stay at Leeds "because of the money situation up there". What the actual fuck is going on?
  • captbirdseye 24 Jan 2013 18:32:39 5,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks Bmovie really appreciate it.

I thought Grayson was doing ok? But Nigel Adkins would be a much better appointment.

I knew something was up with Leeds new owners.
  • thedaveeyres 24 Jan 2013 19:28:09 11,599 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If that fucking Judas ends up back here, I shall forcibly insert my Season Ticket into his Yorkshire turncoat arse. It would absolutely be the last straw. Fortunately, due to the nature of his departure last time, I really don't see it happening.

• thedaveeyres 26 Jan 2013 17:13:45 11,599 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ahhh, good old Wlolves.

• Bmovie 28 Jan 2013 18:50:43 919 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:

I thought Grayson was doing ok? But Nigel Adkins would be a much better appointment.

Its a funny one. Took over in Feb last year and to be honest from then until May, performances were worse than under Lee Clark. Then got us up in a slightly flukey fashion, but still got to give him credit for that. Then the first 2 months of the season were excellent, but from mid october onwards performances (and results) fell off a cliff. Only 2 wins since November 1st, no wins in 12, 6 points from 36, 3rd worst goals for, 4th worst goals against, and no sign of turning things round. Probably right for him to go, but with thanks for getting us up.

Obviously hoping we can lure Adkins.
  • captbirdseye 28 Jan 2013 18:53:51 5,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bmovie wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:

Its a funny one. Took over in Feb last year and to be honest from then until May, performances were worse than under Lee Clark. Then got us up in a slightly flukey fashion, but still got to give him credit for that. Then the first 2 months of the season were excellent, but from mid october onwards performances (and results) fell off a cliff. Only 2 wins since November 1st, no wins in 12, 6 points from 36, 3rd worst goals for, 4th worst goals against, and no sign of turning things round. Probably right for him to go, but with thanks for getting us up.

Obviously hoping we can lure Adkins.
    Didn't realise you were on such a bad run but this division is mental. I hope no one is appointed by next Saturday ;p.
  • captbirdseye 30 Jan 2013 23:28:09 5,481 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Good result tonight for you Bmovie? What the hell happens at the final whistle? It seems that Alan Lee punched Jedinak.
  • whatfruit 31 Jan 2013 12:00:21 1,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Swindon Town have been sold to the owners of Banbury United (Non League). The first thing the new chairman does is authorise the sale of our playmaker to our promotion battle rivals bournemouth for 500,000.

I would not be suprised if Andy Williams(top goal scorer) is sold by the end of today as well.

Another glimmer of false hope for the Robins faithful.

bobomb wrote:
    so it's not really on her terms, it's on his terms, because she isn't real.

• Bmovie 31 Jan 2013 17:38:32 919 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Good result tonight for you Bmovie? What the hell happens at the final whistle? It seems that Alan Lee punched Jedinak.
    Great result and performance. Like chalk and cheese to the last 3 months under Grayson. The players went mental when we scored and celebrated like we'd won promotion at the final whistle which says to me that Grayson had lost the dressing room.

Alan Lee clashed with Jedinak (who had been a cock all night, as had most Palace players diving and feigning injury...until they went behind) Didn't see it but he's supposedly elbowed him, which he has lots of previous with. He's a bit of a liability to be honest as well as being shit. Think Holloway blew it out of proportion though, but he's an odious knob as well.

15m for Zaha? WTF?!
  • Page

of 186 First / Last