The Football League Thread Page 158

• Page

of 183 First / Last

• THFourteen 27 Dec 2012 10:22:15 33,415 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Blackburn have sacked Henning Berg - unbefuckinglievable.
    Totally believable he's been turd.

Berglol

also IIRC Kean resigned not sacked.

Edited by THFourteen at 10:23:39 27-12-2012
  • Trowel 27 Dec 2012 10:50:01 17,751 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh yeah, Berg has absolutely stunk (I put decent cash on them to be promoted at the start of the season...). I mean it's unbelievable the way the Venkys are running the club. They actually announced it in the Times of India newspaper, printed and circulated hours before any official announcement:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/picture-the-times-of-india-break-the-news-that-blackburn-sacked-henning-berg/?
  • SuperCoolEskimo 27 Dec 2012 20:18:58 9,822 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just want to give any Forest supporting EGers my sincere commiserations.

You poor, poor bastards.
  • THFourteen 27 Dec 2012 20:23:47 33,415 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am utterly flabbergasted.
  • nickthegun 27 Dec 2012 20:38:06 59,910 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fuck them. They were delighted when they though they were the next team to have arab billions pouring in, this is a classic case of 'be careful what you wish for'. Kuwaiti trialists, bouncing credit cards and now Alex McLeish.

Its just beautiful.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• captbirdseye 27 Dec 2012 20:40:44 4,969 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think I've seen any Notts fans in here. I think we only have Leeds, Huddersfield and Cardiff.  If they do lurk....gutted! :D.

Edited by captbirdseye at 20:42:48 27-12-2012
  • jamievilla 27 Dec 2012 20:41:27 535 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, a bizarre appointment. Good luck with the turgid football, least it means that they might keep Hutton from us.
  • cheeky_prawnking 27 Dec 2012 20:42:13 4,574 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Jesus he is doing the rounds of Midlands clubs ain't he. WBA, Wolves and Leicester left?
  • Jono62 27 Dec 2012 20:56:18 14,119 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ha! Hope Billy Sharp has a clause in his loan which means he can leave.
  • captbirdseye 27 Dec 2012 20:57:26 4,969 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Ha! Hope Billy Sharp has a clause in his loan which means he can leave.
    Him and Cox will enjoy the bench as neither of them can head a ball.
  • Tubes 27 Dec 2012 21:10:20 47 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As a Notts County fan, I approve of this appointment :D
  • captbirdseye 7 Jan 2013 19:44:16 4,969 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bmovie? Do you rate Jack Hunt? I'm hearing we've enquired about him although Hudds would prefer a sale in the summer.
  • captbirdseye 10 Jan 2013 13:21:12 4,969 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So Appleton seems nailed on for the Blackburn job after missing training. It seems that Karl Oyston is really stripping this club apart in order to fill his pockets.
  • TheSaint 10 Jan 2013 13:43:10 14,375 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It'll be interesting to see what thedaveeyres thinks.

It did cross my mind that Blackpool want rid but are just making things difficult to get a bit more compensation for him.
  • captbirdseye 10 Jan 2013 13:48:23 4,969 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TheSaint

Yeah. Oyston seems very very dodgy and rumours seem to suggest that Appleton isn't pleased with how the club is run and just wants to jump ship asap.

The sale of Ince for 6 million is strange as he's a much better player than Zaha and they seem pleased selling him for half of what Zaha is worth.
  • TheSaint 10 Jan 2013 14:17:53 14,375 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He doesn't have much luck with owners does he?

The Ince deal is a bit strange unless Liverpool have some kind of discounted buy back clause.

Edited by TheSaint at 14:18:07 10-01-2013
  • captbirdseye 10 Jan 2013 14:23:25 4,969 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TheSaint

Appleton? Hehehe, not really and jumping ship to probably the worst bunch of the lot is bit strange but I guess they have the cash and players that could easily challenge for promotion.

Didn't think of that.
  • Bmovie 11 Jan 2013 16:37:36 898 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Bmovie? Do you rate Jack Hunt? I'm hearing we've enquired about him although Hudds would prefer a sale in the summer.
    Sorry, just seen this.

Jack Hunt - Yeah he's good. Really quick and good going forward. Goes on some really entertaining mazy dribbles where he beats people without any tricks other than a nutmeg and run after it. Slightly dodgy defensively although he's improved massively over the last 12 months. Puts in a decent cross.

I think you've got no chance in January, we don't have another RB at the club, teams already know we are in the market cos of the Rhodes money and we don't need to sell. As and when you get promoted though...I think he has the potential to be a lower end Premier League player.
  • thedaveeyres 11 Jan 2013 16:47:44 11,058 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see what thedaveeyres thinks.

It did cross my mind that Blackpool want rid but are just making things difficult to get a bit more compensation for him.
    As I said in the Premier League thread, I'm all out of fucks to give.

Appleton goes down as the least successful manager in BFC history with a 17% win record, and also the shortest reign ever. Also, he's the first manager since 1982 where I haven't seen a single game (apart from on TV) played with him in charge. Am I disappointed he's left? No. I'd much rather have O'Driscoll, who, if the bookies and the usual ITKlols are right, is favourite for the job.

I have no idea why Blackburn want Appleton so badly that they are paying out a huge sum to get him out of his contract, to be quite honest.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• nickthegun 11 Jan 2013 16:50:51 59,910 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I cant believe Dean Saunders has landed a decent managers job, given that the times I met him he seemed like he would have trouble tying his own shoelaces much less picking up coaching badges.

Fair play, though. He must only have seemed as thick as fuck.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Deleted user 11 January 2013 16:56:03
    Blackpool are my second team and to be honest, I'm relieved they've got rid of Appleton and made some money in the process. Up until his appointment, the team were doing modestly well under Holloway, but since they've just gone backwards and seem to lack any real passion.

His tactics are poor and quite negative, he's not inspiring to players or fans alike and as to why B'burn have gone for him? My guess would be because Shebby Singh is an arsehole who only sees what's right at the end of his nose: '"Oh, Blackpool signed him, he must be really wanted, we must have him!".

The whole behaviour of Blackburn is just galling and re-emphasises how little of a clue Venky's have actually got.
  • thedaveeyres 11 Jan 2013 17:10:02 11,058 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Be careful you don't get a sore neck. The one game I've seen us play this season under him (on TV), the ball didn't touch the floor for the first 5 minutes.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• captbirdseye 11 Jan 2013 17:50:35 4,969 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gansosleftpeg wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Fuck them. They were delighted when they though they were the next team to have arab billions pouring in, this is a classic case of 'be careful what you wish for'. Kuwaiti trialists, bouncing credit cards and now Alex McLeish.

Its just beautiful.
    They were delighted you say? Billionaires you say? Nope and no and far from it. Rovers fans never expected anything more than stability and steady financial investment. It amazes me how little other fans really know about the situation.

Edit: I think he was talking about forest, my mistake. Whoops.
    Try having an owner who changes your kit colour because he just likes the colour red.
  • captbirdseye 11 Jan 2013 18:01:41 4,969 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gansosleftpeg wrote:
    Actually reminds of when allardyce was in charge, treading water in the lower to mid table positions. Appleton is respected within the game but hes only won 2 in 10 or something like that at blackpool. Safety first sound like his philosophy.
    Singh has made this appointment has he? From what i gather the rest of the board just went ahead and put Appleton in charge.
  • captbirdseye 11 Jan 2013 18:04:05 4,969 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gansosleftpeg wrote:
    @captbirdseye Or appeals to the far east audience. That was a disgrace mate.
    Total. The Supporters Trust meeting i went to with the CEO basically said the only reason we changed colour is due to Tan not liking the colour blue. The other stuff came second.
  • Page

of 183 First / Last