The Football League Thread Page 155

• Page

of 185 First / Last

• localnotail 17 Oct 2012 13:58:52 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nice piece about Wycombe in the Grauniad

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• caligari 19 Oct 2012 20:32:57 17,182 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pfft, Wednesday deserved that - dirty Leeds should be down to nine men, already.
  • megastar 19 Oct 2012 20:41:36 17,197 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lol wtf? Which game you watching? Becchio fair play, Wednesday should have had a man sent off too!
  • megastar 19 Oct 2012 20:42:50 17,197 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Infact having just seen both replays - thats disgusting, its not UFC!!
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 20:50:25
    Brown's was impressive as well.
  • Stickman 19 Oct 2012 20:52:12 29,664 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's odd not knowing who you want to lose more.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Tom_Servo 19 Oct 2012 20:58:06 18,083 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lovely handball.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 20:58:13
    Thought Diouf was supposed to have changed? Hate him.
  • Tom_Servo 19 Oct 2012 21:09:01 18,083 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This Leeds away kit looks well naff. Reminds me of the Chelsea one from a season or two ago.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 21:20:49
    I really feel for Leeds fans. What a horrible team to have to support. I'd feel dirty cheering them on.
  • Tom_Servo 19 Oct 2012 21:22:49 18,083 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My word!
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 21:23:08
    Oh dear...
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 21:24:04
    Should stop the game and replay. Can't expect Kirkland to have his head right now.
  • megastar 19 Oct 2012 21:24:11 17,197 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No defending that! What a stupid prick!!
  • caligari 19 Oct 2012 21:24:26 17,182 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What an absolute twunt.

Edited by caligari at 21:25:03 19-10-2012
  • SuperCoolEskimo 19 Oct 2012 22:23:08 10,015 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Colin Wanker being his usual cunty self, saying Kirkland went down easily. Cunt of the highest order he is.
  • ecu 20 Oct 2012 01:25:26 77,234 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is the guy.
  • nickthegun 20 Oct 2012 07:30:45 61,073 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I really feel for Leeds fans. What a horrible team to have to support. I'd feel dirty cheering them on.
    You dont have to worry about them, theyre cunts too. Leeds gets the the team it deserves.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Zomoniac 20 Oct 2012 23:28:18 7,909 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fuck's sake. I hate that I'm physically incapable of not being a Leeds fan. How do we continuously manage to end up with a disproportionate number of utter fucking cunts at all levels of the club? I hate that dicks like him actually make me embarrassed to tell people who my team is.
  • roz123 20 Oct 2012 23:48:08 7,113 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    All teams have some idiot fans, was only a few years ago a Spurs fan attacked Frank Lampard but luckily he dodged him.
  • Zomoniac 20 Oct 2012 23:59:01 7,909 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh I know, we just seem to have a disproportionate number. Having said that, things do seem to get amplified for Leeds. Exactly the same thing happened last season with Huddersfield fans on Alan Smith, and Millwall fans on Casper Ankergren, but they barely got a mention outside a tiny column hidden in the back pages, and Gordon Taylor never said a word on either of them. Same thing happens with one of our bunch of resident scumbags and it's front page news. Though it being broadcast live on Sky probably made it more of an event that it might have otherwise been.

Also nice that little has been noted of the massive widespread condemnation by the fans, or even the fact that it was a group of our own fans who contacted the police with details of the offender. We're still all vile scumbags who should get lifetime bans from away games. Apparently I dreamt about the 5,299 away fans who didn't assault a player.

If this seems like crying the victim or seeming to defend anything then it's absolutely not my intention. I sincerely hope he gets a prison sentence for it.
  • captbirdseye 21 Oct 2012 00:03:03 5,282 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Oh I know, we just seem to have a disproportionate number. Having said that, things do seem to get amplified for Leeds. Exactly the same thing happened last season with Huddersfield fans on Alan Smith, and Millwall fans on Casper Ankergren, but they barely got a mention outside a tiny column hidden in the back pages, and Gordon Taylor never said a word on either of them. Same thing happens with one of our bunch of resident scumbags and it's front page news. Though it being broadcast live on Sky probably made it more of an event that it might have otherwise been.

Also nice that little has been noted of the massive widespread condemnation by the fans, or even the fact that it was a group of our own fans who contacted the police with details of the offender. We're still all vile scumbags who should get lifetime bans from away games. Apparently I dreamt about the 5,299 away fans who didn't assault a player.

If this seems like crying the victim or seeming to defend anything then it's absolutely not my intention. I sincerely hope he gets a prison sentence for it.
    Dave Jones got some awful stick though to be fair.
  • Zomoniac 21 Oct 2012 00:08:27 7,909 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    True that. Sadly I don't expect the average terrace fan to have the mental capacity to get that he's not going to have much of a sense of humour about his life being irreparably destroyed by some baseless accusations. I didn't appreciate his massive generalisations about us last night, but in the circumstances I can't say I hold anything against him given how clearly distressed it was making him. Fair play to him for coming back into management at all, he was always going to end up getting a lot of abuse and it must've taken a lot of balls.
  • captbirdseye 21 Oct 2012 00:13:18 5,282 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    True that. Sadly I don't expect the average terrace fan to have the mental capacity to get that he's not going to have much of a sense of humour about his life being irreparably destroyed by some baseless accusations. I didn't appreciate his massive generalisations about us last night, but in the circumstances I can't say I hold anything against him given how clearly distressed it was making him. Fair play to him for coming back into management at all, he was always going to end up getting a lot of abuse and it must've taken a lot of balls.
    He got tonnes of abuse from away fans when managing us, but last night he looked visibly shaken by it. I enjoy the banter with Leeds fans and it gave me goosebumps recently when we boh sang Speeds name.
  • Bmovie 22 Oct 2012 10:53:04 912 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:

Exactly the same didn't happen with Alan Smith. He spent his 30 minutes on the pitch goading the fans, then got clipped round the head after the game with a cardboard 'clapper'. Not condoning it, but in no way was it the same.
  • X201 22 Oct 2012 10:59:40 15,697 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    This is the guy.
    He's from Cheltenham.
    Surely GCHQ have got a room they could lose him in.
  • Whizzo 22 Oct 2012 11:18:12 43,275 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not that I post much in here very often but unless Dean Holdsworth gets the sack sometime soon I fear I'll be starting a Conference thread next season.

If Barnet get a win tomorrow then Aldershot Town will be bottom... :-(

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 22 October 2012 13:02:06
    X201 wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    This is the guy.
    He's from Cheltenham.
    Surely GCHQ have got a room they could lose him in.
    He's got a 16 week jail sentence. Nothing really. Bloke who jumped in the water for the boat race got more.
  • Zomoniac 22 Oct 2012 13:05:07 7,909 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And a lifetime ban from ER. Given everyone knows what he looks like at the club it might be a bit harder for him to sneak in there than at away grounds. Probably meaningless though.
  • captbirdseye 22 Oct 2012 23:39:15 5,282 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I see Freedman is off to Bolton then.
  • Page

of 185 First / Last