The Football League Thread Page 152

• Page

of 181 First / Last

• caligari 12 Aug 2012 00:17:22 16,999 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Remember that time we had a player and Norwich didn't sign him? No, me neither.
    You can keep Diouf. :D
  • lucky_jim 12 Aug 2012 08:09:52 5,258 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @caligari

We're dead pleased to have Crofty back. Can you put Bennett on the next bus down ;)
  • captbirdseye 12 Aug 2012 10:48:46 4,786 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bizzare! Steve Kean looks buggered even before the season starts. That interview with Singh is just stupid.
  • caligari 13 Aug 2012 00:54:40 16,999 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    @caligari

We're dead pleased to have Crofty back. Can you put Bennett on the next bus down ;)
    :)

I honestly didn't realise that Croft had left until I read one of your earlier posts. Great player - I'm sure he'll help you get at least as far the play-offs.

As for Bennett, I'm hoping for a little more of this in the new season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=albRV1UhV_w
  • Zomoniac 13 Aug 2012 09:20:19 7,802 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Remember that time we had a player and Norwich didn't sign him? No, me neither.
    You can keep Diouf. :D
    Just kill me now.
  • SaucyGeoff 13 Aug 2012 09:25:33 2,560 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Even though the result didn't go our way, I enjoyed our League Cup return against Doncaster on Saturday. Had the better of the game, and should have really seen it out, gave away a pointless penalty to let them back in the game. Still never seen York win a shoot-out.

Bring on next Saturday and the start of the League!
  • Bmovie 17 Aug 2012 09:57:16 893 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Excited!

Can't see us getting owt tonight though.
  • Zomoniac 17 Aug 2012 09:59:25 7,802 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well at least we're on TV tomorrow. Always nice to see the first game, but I'm not setting foot inside ER until that cunt's fucked off or died, whichever comes first.
  • Zomoniac 17 Aug 2012 10:02:56 7,802 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sky Sports are claiming we've signed Frédéric "1 in 4.8" Piquionne as a striking partner for El Hadji "1 in 6.2" Diouf.

FEAR THE FIREPOWER.
  • captbirdseye 17 Aug 2012 16:24:26 4,786 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Bmovie Pretty nervous about tonight as it's been while since we both played each other. Gonna be a bit weird seeing us in red but I can't argue with some of the signings we've made.

/off down the city stadium :D
  • Zomoniac 17 Aug 2012 16:45:48 7,802 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    McCormack's just signed a new 3 year deal. Thank fuck for that. One less thing to panic about.
  • Bmovie 17 Aug 2012 22:53:17 893 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Robbed! Thought the best team lost, maybe I'm biased. Happy with the performance though, stick Rhodes in for Novak and off we go I reckon.
  • captbirdseye 17 Aug 2012 23:37:06 4,786 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bmovie wrote:
    Robbed! Thought the best team lost, maybe I'm biased. Happy with the performance though, stick Rhodes in for Novak and off we go I reckon.
    Awful game from both sides. I thought a draw would've been a fair result but luckily we got the rub of the green. We need to improve massively if we want promotion. Is Rhodes leaving or injured?
  • Bmovie 18 Aug 2012 13:22:47 893 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He's injured. Was sat watching the game in his tracksuit.
  • Zomoniac 18 Aug 2012 14:44:38 7,802 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good first win. A lot of strong positives. New 18 year old defender Sam Byram looks like he could be brilliant, Rodolph Austin is a fucking beast and, much as I almost want to cry whilst saying it, El Hadji Diouf was a class apart.
  • Bmovie 22 Aug 2012 10:18:29 893 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How we drew last night I'll never know. Forest looked excellent, absolute light years ahead of anything we ever faced in League 1. Still, makes up for the point we deserved out of our first game and didn't get.
  • captbirdseye 22 Aug 2012 10:26:52 4,786 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    David Connolly and Tommy Smith are close to agreeing terms this week, I guess we're signing up all Hughes leftovers :D.
  • localnotail 24 Aug 2012 23:54:22 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Feels weird not having TheSaint in here.

Sorry about your introduction to the league, Geoff. (not sorry)

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• localnotail 25 Aug 2012 23:30:55 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wycombe game was called off after a spectacular storm, apparently. Which is nice, since we we 3-1 down at the time.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Zomoniac 27 Aug 2012 17:08:49 7,802 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Didn't we have a Blackpool fan in here last season? Surprised there was less gloating after we got utterly humiliated on Tuesday.
  • SaucyGeoff 28 Aug 2012 11:49:31 2,560 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Feels weird not having TheSaint in here.

Sorry about your introduction to the league, Geoff. (not sorry)
    It was a useful introduction, highlighted the difference between the leagues. We had the better of the game, but a deflection and a moment of individual brilliance meant we were 2 down out of nowhere!

Still, feeling much better now we've got a win under our belts. Looking forward to the Oxford match.
  • vyseofhr 28 Aug 2012 11:59:18 818 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ooh ooh ooh!

I'm a Yeovil fan! Can I gloat for a week? ;)

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• lucky_jim 29 Aug 2012 18:35:33 5,258 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @captbirdseye
    Sounds like Cardiff are in for Noone again, I think you might get him this time. Damn good player, but he's a bit less important for us than he was when you were last after him so I can see us letting him go, now you've got owners who might come close to Brighton's asking price (no idea what that'll be, just think Cardiff are better placed to make a good offer).
  • captbirdseye 30 Aug 2012 07:39:25 4,786 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    @captbirdseye
    Sounds like Cardiff are in for Noone again, I think you might get him this time. Damn good player, but he's a bit less important for us than he was when you were last after him so I can see us letting him go, now you've got owners who might come close to Brighton's asking price (no idea what that'll be, just think Cardiff are better placed to make a good offer).
    Yeah he had a medical last night and should sign today. I've seen numbers between 1.5 and 2 million. However, it looks like the reason we are signing Noone is that Bellamy is close to announcing his retirement due to injury and marital probelms.

I like the look of Noone and we are desperate for pace outwide.
  • lucky_jim 30 Aug 2012 07:50:51 5,258 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He's definitely got the pace you're after, his lack of an end product can be quite frustrating but when he's good, he's fantastic. Very popular and well-liked by fans, players and staff, which is nice: I always get the impression that he's just overjoyed to be a footballer, which is how it should be (but often isn't).

We're sorry to see him go, but I think we've got something special planned. Poyet was quoted in Brighton's local rag this morning as saying:

"I can think of six or seven possible things coming in and two or four maybe going out.

I can say now this is the most dramatic end of a transfer window I've had as a manager.

There are quite a few things that could happen."

Ok, it looks pretty certain that one of the players coming in is Orlandi from Swansea, which is ace, and presumably Noone's one of the players out. That still leaves up to six more coming in and up to three more going out, although maybe they won't all come off. I guess I'll be glued to North Stand Chat for the rest of the week!

Edit: I just realised Poyet's suggested this is more exciting (or "dramatic" ) than our signing of Vicente last year. Sweet Jebus, I can't wait.

Edited by lucky_jim at 07:55:22 30-08-2012
  • Bmovie 30 Aug 2012 09:03:16 893 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can't believe Blackburn have been daft enough to pay us £8 (EIGHT!) million, rising to 9.5m for Rhodes, then pay him 45k a week!
  • SaucyGeoff 30 Aug 2012 09:07:28 2,560 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    We signed Clarke Carlisle yesterday, assuming he's got a decent level of fitness, could be a useful signing for us.
  • lucky_jim 30 Aug 2012 09:11:39 5,258 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Bmovie

I guess some of that cash will be splashed in the next two days? Any clues where?
  • Bmovie 30 Aug 2012 09:16:58 893 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No idea really - Lots of chatter online about DJ Campbell, Beckford, Maynard and Jonny Russell and Gary Mackay-Smith at Dundee.

We've lost an outstanding goal scorer but not an outstanding footballer if you know what I mean. The whole team has to be geared around him or he'll struggle. £9.5m is truly transformational money.
  • captbirdseye 30 Aug 2012 09:37:05 4,786 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    He's definitely got the pace you're after, his lack of an end product can be quite frustrating but when he's good, he's fantastic. Very popular and well-liked by fans, players and staff, which is nice: I always get the impression that he's just overjoyed to be a footballer, which is how it should be (but often isn't).

We're sorry to see him go, but I think we've got something special planned. Poyet was quoted in Brighton's local rag this morning as saying:

"I can think of six or seven possible things coming in and two or four maybe going out.

I can say now this is the most dramatic end of a transfer window I've had as a manager.

There are quite a few things that could happen."

Ok, it looks pretty certain that one of the players coming in is Orlandi from Swansea, which is ace, and presumably Noone's one of the players out. That still leaves up to six more coming in and up to three more going out, although maybe they won't all come off. I guess I'll be glued to North Stand Chat for the rest of the week!

Edit: I just realised Poyet's suggested this is more exciting (or "dramatic" ) than our signing of Vicente last year. Sweet Jebus, I can't wait.
    Orlandi is a decent player as well (seen him a few times for Swansea) and should do really well at Brighton as your style is pretty similar style to the Swans.

Glad that Noone has the right attitude as I've been sick of the idiots that we've signed over the years that have completely disrupted the dressing room.

Interesting to know who the 'big' signing might be, possible Mickey Owen??
  • Page

of 181 First / Last