The Football League Thread Page 5

• Page

of 183 First / Last

• Stickman 2 Oct 2007 23:02:19 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think this should really be an'Everything but The Premiership' thread to be honest.

Your mob still winning everything?

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• TheSaint 2 Oct 2007 23:03:11 14,315 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was happy on Saturday but depressed now. :-(
  • Furbs 2 Oct 2007 23:03:42 45,699 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I miss Stickman in the proper football thread :( Its just Mancs, Spuds and Gooners now.
  • Deleted user 2 October 2007 23:05:18
    Furbs wrote:
    I miss Stickman in the proper football thread :( Its just Mancs, Spuds, Gooners and glory hunting bastards now.

Fixed.
  • Stickman 2 Oct 2007 23:06:41 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:

You had a couple of players that looked pretty good on Saturday. Viafara was probably the best player on the pitch, and Wright-Phillips was causing problems till he got injured. You were playing the Clown School FC though.

Furbs, I still drop in to read about what's happening in North London from time to time! I'm told there are other teams in that fancy league but I can't find mention of them.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Danoxth 3 Oct 2007 12:02:50 286 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not the Championship, but Swansea here.

Here's hoping it'll be championship next season. *pretends to not notice the Cardiff fan further into the thread* Edit: Christ, there's more than one of them!
  • Fonzie 3 Oct 2007 13:51:32 1,842 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Same old season for Wolves again. Creating chances and failing to score. Just when things had started to look up with Eastwood scoring a few, he then starts playing crap and not scoring. New partnership of Elliot and Keogh is hardly going to break any goalscoring records either. I can see another mid-table finish or at the bottom of the playoffs and get knocked out in the first round.

They seem to have stagnated after a great start to the season.
  • TheSaint 3 Oct 2007 14:01:42 14,315 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:

You had a couple of players that looked pretty good on Saturday. Viafara was probably the best player on the pitch, and Wright-Phillips was causing problems till he got injured. You were playing the Clown School FC though.

Furbs, I still drop in to read about what's happening in North London from time to time! I'm told there are other teams in that fancy league but I can't find mention of them.

JV is a great player even when he has a bad game he puts so much effort in that you cannot complain. You do have Beattie though who I would love to have come back to us.

If a mod reads this why don't we make this a football league thread for all the fans outside the prem?
  • Stickman 5 Oct 2007 14:39:38 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He's a touch of class, he really is. Although he was beyond hopeless against your lot. Seemed he was only interested in 40-yard wonder strikes, not actually what he's been doing all season and putting the work in.

On Sky tomorrow when we're traditionally poor, away at Bristol City who're on a roll. I think I can see which way it's heading...

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• TheSaint 5 Oct 2007 15:28:37 14,315 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The think you could just put that down to loyalty the fans loved him down here and he did his little bit to thank us.

We have WBA tomorrow which will be tough but at least that little twat Philips isn't playing, will have to put all the chants about his wife sleeping with most of our first team away for another year.
  • Stickman 5 Oct 2007 15:36:06 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He did everyone a favour when he dyed his hair blonde. You can't miss the prick now.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• kylesawyer 6 Oct 2007 11:56:40 4 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    could a mod make their own league 1 thread so swansea fans don't have to troll on higher division threads? anyway, we've managed to let in last minute goals in the last 3 games, so here's to another 2-2 all draw after coasting until the 85th minute today. at least we've got jimmy-floyd. he has smiling eyes.
  • Stickman 8 Oct 2007 10:36:43 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Quite depressed about football today. I've been very much in the "he'll come good" camp about Bryan "Robbo" Robson, but after Saturday's debacle, I really can't see it happening.

"We just weren't good enough."

You're telling me you dopey cunt! Do something about it then, that's your whole point of being! He's got almost exactly the same squad that should really have stayed up in the Premiership, plus about 7m that he's bought himself. Pretty obvious where the blame lies, you dipshit.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• kylesawyer 8 Oct 2007 10:57:40 4 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    is this the same bryan robson that dropped robert earnshaw after he came off the bench to score a 17 minute hat trick for west brom. away. in the premiership.

the man's a fool. this opinion has nothing to do with the fact i love robert earnshaw. though he does look like alien hominid.

looks like wednesday and qpr will struggle this year. quite a mediaocre division all round. the beautiful game hey?
  • Stickman 8 Oct 2007 11:17:27 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "A number of our players are not as good as I thought they were when I took the job"

Who fucking says that?! What a prick.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• malteaserhead 8 Oct 2007 11:20:45 13,444 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    "A number of our players are not as good as I thought they were when I took the job"

Who fucking says that?! What a prick.

Robbo has a habit of saying the 'wrong' things about his own players in public. Strange man.

Apart from boro though he is lucky to be still earning a living in high level football management.

• figgis 8 Oct 2007 11:23:02 7,376 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Fonzie - Cheer Up about Wolves son they won't do too bad this season. McCarthy seems to be making them pretty hard to beat, remember in this division winning as many as you lose will put you in good position at the end of the season.

I'm not a Wolves fan but the are my second club as I live nearby. I'm a Leeds fan so I now support Wolves for the glamour :((((.

Tried to go see Leeds at home the other week, 28 for a League 1 game!
  • malteaserhead 8 Oct 2007 11:26:31 13,444 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    figgis wrote:
    I'm a Leeds fan so I now support Wolves for the glamour :((((.

lol of the week already ;)
  • TheSaint 8 Oct 2007 11:40:36 14,315 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It seems we are great at beating the better teams in the league but get hammered by the crap ones.

I guess that is why the championship is such a crazy league.
  • Dougs 6 Nov 2007 16:10:57 67,285 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not just The Championship, either. Good news for The Football League really. Although MotD3 might be a bit much...
  • ilmaestro 6 Nov 2007 23:19:18 32,407 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    "10 live Championship matches a year and the Carling Cup final to terrestrial television."

Ooooooooohhhh, what amazing numbers...

"The three-year deal worth 264m"

Are you fucking kidding me?!

• Stickman 7 Nov 2007 00:00:43 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    8m a match.

For that shit?

edit - nah, that can't be right. No way would they pay that much.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• ilmaestro 7 Nov 2007 00:07:41 32,407 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think it must be the total deal, and of that deal BBC have paid a bit for their paltry amount and Sky have paid the rest for their feast of action.

• Stickman 11 Dec 2007 11:15:35 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It seems that Bhangoura (or whatever) the Watford player has lost his deportation appeal and has to fuck off back where he came from.

How the hell does this happen? It's not like he's a reserve team player or anything, he's an active part of Watford's squad and plays internationally for his country, yet he's got to go. Honestly can't understand it.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• kalel 24 Jan 2008 13:37:57 87,146 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    One of the Spurs ITKS reckons Ince is nailed on for the Southampton job.
  • TheSaint 24 Jan 2008 13:45:27 14,315 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Interesting he is not getting much of a mention on the Saints boards they all think Coleman.

Not sure personally if Ince is a good choice or not.
  • kalel 24 Jan 2008 13:46:58 87,146 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This guy wouldn't even tell the news untli he'd put on some bets. He seems pretty sure, but of course there's no guarantees.
  • TheSaint 24 Jan 2008 13:57:04 14,315 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seems you might be onto something the odds on Ince are dropping across the board.
  • kalel 24 Jan 2008 14:00:19 87,146 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's probably just all the Spurs fans betting :)
  • Page

of 183 First / Last