Sony Outlines PS3 Marketing Plan for Europe

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • brooza 29 Jan 2007 18:07:34 171 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    [QUOTE]
    Sony has outlined its marketing plans for PS3 in Europe, with a heavy focus on ‘user-generated' content via social networking sites such as MySpace.

According to a full report in today's Media Guardian, the company has identified:
    "12 individuals and organisations - ranging from club promoters to artists, fashion industry insiders, Dazed & Confused magazine and even the BBC's 1Xtra - and given them a free hand to create original content inspired by key characteristics of the PS3. Each will then distribute content digitally across a wide range of outlets including their own contacts and fanbases, social networks such as MySpace and Bebo, websites, blogs, and by email."

Alan Duncan, marketing director for Sony Computer Entertainment UK, believes that traditional advertising and PR cannot properly communicate the PS3's appeal, noting that, "The idea is to use physical space, blogs and other forms of digital networking to inform, entertain and encourage interaction and debate about all the different things the PS3 can do."
    [/QUOTE]

Well, I suppose the ‘user-generated' content should keep Ken and Kaz out of view...
  • Stickman 29 Jan 2007 18:09:10 29,666 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh.

Oh dear.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• deathdealer619 29 Jan 2007 18:13:05 751 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I own a ps3 and i can honestley say that the web browsing is plop and i cant think of anything more pointless in a world where most homes have two pc's anyway why have bloggs and stuff on the ps3 and acsess to myspace and ebay etc?..
    They need to work on getting playstation network as good as xbox live, until they do xbox 360 will continue to corner the marketplace.

Although the ps3 looks soooo sexy comapred to the xbox 360 lol
    games like white night story and killzone 2 will continue to carry the flag for the playstation 3's dominance in the visual department.

But until they can surpass xbox live they are in trouble at the moment.

Edited by deathdealer619 at 18:14:32 29-01-2007
  • RevanEleven 29 Jan 2007 18:21:04 2,076 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sony Outlines PS3 Marketing Plan for Europe:

1: Pull our pants down.

2: Fuck us like a little bitch.

3: Repeat.
  • Retroid Moderator 29 Jan 2007 18:31:17 44,512 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    deathdealer619 wrote:
    games like white night story and killzone 2 will continue to carry the flag for the playstation 3's dominance in the visual department.
    Oh come on.

You're not really THAT stupid now, are you?
  • woodnotes 29 Jan 2007 18:41:42 4,923 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    deathdealer619 wrote:
    Oh come on.

You're not really THAT stupid now, are you?

but nurbs etc
  • deathdealer619 29 Jan 2007 18:43:18 751 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lol its my opinion matey if ya dont like it i couldnt care less
  • deathdealer619 29 Jan 2007 18:43:51 751 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    gotta love fan booys
  • Retroid Moderator 29 Jan 2007 18:49:11 44,512 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You *DO* realise that that video of Killzone was a CG film, right? Not even a whiff of game ANYWHERE?

All this is a matter of public record, not fanboyism.
  • deathdealer619 29 Jan 2007 18:52:18 751 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    so you know matey the video of killzone is all rendered by the in game engine i know somone working at Guerrilla Games and the visuals are almost as good as that honestley, wether you beleive me or not is up to you i couldnt care less lol

• djchump 29 Jan 2007 18:54:33 4,463 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    brooza wrote:
    [QUOTE]
    Each will then distribute content digitally across a wide range of outlets including their own contacts and fanbases, social networks such as MySpace and Bebo, websites, blogs, and by email."
    .... "The idea is to use physical space, blogs and other forms of digital networking to inform, entertain and encourage interaction and debate about all the different things the PS3 can do."
    [/QUOTE]
    So basically, we're gonna get spammed to fuck by shills like those ad agencies that offer "prizes" to kids if they spam forums etc. ... :-(
    Oh god I think I might have to turn the internet off in March.
  • Retroid Moderator 29 Jan 2007 18:54:53 44,512 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    deathdealer619 wrote:
    so you know matey the video of killzone is all rendered by the in game engine
    :D

Oh dear.
  • djchump 29 Jan 2007 18:55:07 4,463 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    deathdealer619 wrote:
    so you know matey the video of killzone is all rendered by the in game engine i know somone working at Guerrilla Games and the visuals are almost as good as that honestley, wether you beleive me or not is up to you i couldnt care less lol
    No it wasn't Colin.
  • Retroid Moderator 29 Jan 2007 19:00:32 44,512 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I believe I've just died from a lethal dose of irony directly into my bloodstream
  • Tricky 29 Jan 2007 20:06:55 4,374 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmmm - whilst deathdealer's comments about Killzone's graphics are probably a little over zealous, I've got a hunch that some of us who previously decried the CG trailer (myself included) may well be eating a little humble pie come release time for the game. I doubt it will be 100% as good as the CG trailer but given how Motorstorm came out (which I'd say is roughly 70% as good as the original CG trailer for that, based on what I've seen of it) then things could be looking up.

Still won't stop the game being a horribly boring by-the-numbers FPS though, if it's anything like the original ;-)

Oh and deathdealer, the PR release about myspace etc. said absolutely nothing about browsing the web on your PS3. Remember, this is a marketing campaign to make people buy the PS3, so they're definitely not aiming it at those who already have one.
  • Fozzie_bear 29 Jan 2007 20:13:21 15,501 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    THIS JUST IN!

EXCLUSIVE PICS OF SONY MARKETING EXEC FORMULATING PS3 EURO PLAN!

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• Deleted user 29 January 2007 20:19:03
    /Falls off chair laughing
  • Fozzie_bear 29 Jan 2007 20:23:50 15,501 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mapster wrote:
    Retroid wrote:
    I believe I've just died from a lethal dose of irony directly into my bloodstream

lol :)

/gives Retroid kiss of life with tongues

0_0

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• Freek 29 Jan 2007 20:24:28 7,687 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    You *DO* realise that that video of Killzone was a CG film, right? Not even a whiff of game ANYWHERE?

All this is a matter of public record, not fanboyism.

But that also does not mean that the actual game will be ugly. It will in all likelyhood not look like the target render, obviously.
    But Motor Storm did end up looking awfully damn good.
    You can say allot about the Killzone games, but sub standard visuals isn't one of them.
  • Retroid Moderator 29 Jan 2007 20:27:26 44,512 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    Mapster wrote:
    Retroid wrote:

lol :)

/gives Retroid kiss of life with tongues

0_0
    o_o;
  • Retroid Moderator 29 Jan 2007 20:29:16 44,512 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Freek wrote:
    But that also does not mean that the actual game will be ugly. It will in all likelyhood not look like the target render, obviously.
    You can say allot about the Killzone games, but sub standard visuals isn't one of them.
    Killzone did look nice, yes, but that's beside the point.

A CG film using no assets from the game itself is not an indication of what the game will look or play like.
  • GrandTheftApu 29 Jan 2007 20:34:49 6,119 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    One of the major problems with Killzone was that it was too ambitious for the PS2 hardware to handle, on console with more headroom then perhaps they won't run into performance issues and concentrate on the design.

Maybe.
  • Hunam 29 Jan 2007 20:38:08 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    djchump wrote:
    brooza wrote:
    [QUOTE]
    Each will then distribute content digitally across a wide range of outlets including their own contacts and fanbases, social networks such as MySpace and Bebo, websites, blogs, and by email."
    .... "The idea is to use physical space, blogs and other forms of digital networking to inform, entertain and encourage interaction and debate about all the different things the PS3 can do."
    [/QUOTE]
    So basically, we're gonna get spammed to fuck by shills like those ad agencies that offer "prizes" to kids if they spam forums etc. ... :-(

So thats how they do it, id just assumed it was marketing people being silly, but instead they are getting kids to spam us! Cunts.
  • BartonFink 29 Jan 2007 20:39:11 34,853 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    deathdealer619 wrote:
    Although the ps3 looks soooo sexy comapred to the xbox 360 lol
    Some one get that guy an eye test quick. He's going blind. Blind I tells ya :)
  • djchump 29 Jan 2007 20:40:27 4,463 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    djchump wrote:
    brooza wrote:
    [QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]
    So thats how they do it, id just assumed it was marketing people being silly, but instead they are getting kids to spam us! Cunts.
    Yup - for shitty "prizes" that they might not actually win. Basically slave labour - at least with a paper round you actually get paid.
    Can't remember what the agency was, but some kids will turn up raving about some game or other and give the game away with a referal link - last time it was for "The Sims: Pets" I think.
  • BartonFink 29 Jan 2007 20:40:31 34,853 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    deathdealer619 wrote:
    Actually it's prolly too late he's clinically blind.
  • BartonFink 29 Jan 2007 20:44:37 34,853 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Does this one actually believe all this crap or is he a bit eh ye know a bit of a bungalow?
  • Freek 29 Jan 2007 21:18:12 7,687 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    Freek wrote:
    Killzone did look nice, yes, but that's beside the point.

A CG film using no assets from the game itself is not an indication of what the game will look or play like.

It is an indication, that is what a target render is. A previsualisation tool to get everybody involved in the games development onto the same page.
    The fact that Sony utterly and comepletly misrepresented it as some sort of set in stone real time persentation doesn't change that.
    It's a goal of the developement team.
    How close they get there, remains to be seen. But Guerilla do have a track record for being a "graphics" company.

Edited by Freek at 21:18:41 29-01-2007
  • DrunKao 29 Jan 2007 23:19:46 831 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    deathdealer619 wrote:
    ...games like white night story and killzone 2 will continue to carry the flag for the playstation 3's dominance in the visual department.

Shit, that is the craziest thing I've read on here in like a looooong time. Isn't it too late for people to still be falling for the PS3 hype? E3 '06 happened like 8 months ago. That's when most intelligent people stopped believing, if not before that.

The PS3 never was dominant in the visual department and it still isn't (see GoW).

Are you aware of the fact that the 360 has a much more advanced GPU (Graphics Processor Unit) that even has some DX10 capabilities? One day the PS3 might be better at AI and physics, when developers finally get a handle on the cell processor, but the Xbox 360 will always have better graphics. The irony is that your average mainstream consumer only cares about how "realer than real" the graphics look on the PS3. They don't care about how advanced AI or physics are. They don't know that if they want better graphics, they'd be better off with a 360.

So sir, are you a mainstream "chav", or a hardcore gamer that browses gaming sites? Are you able to discern and assimilate accurate information you're so fortunate to have access to, or do you simply believe anything Sony tells you?

Edited by DrunKao at 23:30:06 29-01-2007
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous