Your choice: SSneXt-gen, or new Road Rash?

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Machetazo 29 Jan 2007 16:58:30 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Which game would you like to see for the latest consoles from EA? Do they have it in them to return to the goodwill nineties, and what will it take for them to reach that better place? (Try to rid Marketplace from your mind before answering. :p )

The two from the title are really there just for guidance, but I'm going nowhere near SSX Blur, though I'll concede it's an improvement from On Tour...But, ONLINE Road Rash. How much open road would they offer to motor down, today? Would there be a notoriety thing going on? Different gangs, different territories. You as the up-and-comer, facing off against the world (trash talking's tricky through helmets though, so that ought to keep verbal ugliness out of the equation. ;) ) trying to maybe join gangs, or simply make a name for yourself.

But, a NEW SSX...(Not Blur, as that was merely mentioned as a reference point.) If it got back to: I'm a snowboarder, I enjoy racing, as much as I'm into just having a good time riding the snow, sometimes I feel competitive. There are competitions, and we can stop by the lodge to chill out, afterwards - but the races are really competitive, retaining the OTT tricks as a means of expression, then we'd be back to good times again for SSX.

Overall, I pick Road Rash.
  • kalel 29 Jan 2007 16:59:59 86,898 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've been saying for ages I don't knwo why EA don't just bash out a new Road Rash with the Burnout engine. How hard could it be?
  • woodnotes 29 Jan 2007 17:15:35 4,923 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I want both, thanks :)

But if I had to choose, I would go for SSX. Only because the SSX team still exists and I'm sure they can easily crank out another good SSX, which I'd love. But Road Rash could be hit or miss (more likely the latter) and these days I'm not in to gambling.
  • Derblington 29 Jan 2007 17:19:06 21,495 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I've been saying for ages I don't knwo why EA don't just bash out a new Road Rash with the Burnout engine. How hard could it be?
    No. Time must be taken on making a superb, worthy sequel, not a quick 'get it out the door' job.
  • Razz 29 Jan 2007 17:19:29 61,026 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Unirally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• matrim83 29 Jan 2007 17:27:40 5,587 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SSX please. Hated Road Rash.

Valar morghulis.

• kalel 29 Jan 2007 17:31:41 86,898 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    No. Time must be taken on making a superb, worthy sequel, not a quick 'get it out the door' job.

Well yeah, but my point is the ground work is pretty much done. They could even just put bikes into Burnout and that would almost do it. Just add a bit of puncing and some bike chains and it's job done.

Thinking about it, I bet it would be quite a contraversial game today...
  • Dragul 29 Jan 2007 17:35:01 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:

Yep... shouldn't be too difficukt, specially for EA... Imagine it as a mix between road rash and TDUnlimited... the free roaming of TDu and the violence of RRash :D

/Cries happy tears...
  • Derblington 29 Jan 2007 17:37:09 21,495 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Well yeah, but my point is the ground work is pretty much done. They could even just put bikes into Burnout and that would almost do it. Just add a bit of puncing and some bike chains and it's job done.

It's actually not as simple as that, imo. I've been talking about a road rash remake with various people for quite a while and it needs more work than that. Ever played Speed Kings?...
  • ecureuil 29 Jan 2007 17:38:03 76,699 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SSX, definitely.

Road Rash is another one of those games that was great at the time, but has aged badly. It's not a good game.
  • kalel 29 Jan 2007 17:39:25 86,898 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    kalel wrote:

It's actually not as simple as that, imo. I've been talking about a road rash remake with various people for quite a while and it needs more work than that. Ever played Speed Kings?...

Briefly yeah.
  • 3DO 15 Mar 2013 07:08:49 41 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Road Rash is the great game! I want it to have a continue on next-gen (maybe on current gen too). Everyone who thought like me, please sign the petition, that may help Dan Geisler to create a new Road Rash and get the rights on this franchise from EA.

Support the ROAD RASH

Edited by 3DO at 06:58:55 18-03-2013

Support Road Rash by signing up the petition:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/electronic-arts-we-the-gamers-want-a-new-road-rash-game-based-on-principles-of-rr-sega-3do-and-ps1

• King_Edward 15 Mar 2013 07:22:07 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cracked out the old Mega Drive a few weeks ago, and I think Road Rash I'd still pretty awesome. The music's funkier than I remember.
  • Scimarad 15 Mar 2013 07:53:16 8,536 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd love a new Road Rash but I imagine they would fuck it up by adding lots of unnecessary shit.
  • Scimarad 15 Mar 2013 07:53:30 8,536 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Mr-Brett 15 Mar 2013 08:56:13 12,757 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This or EA deciding they want a new RR will be the only ways it'll happen not a bizarrely specific petition.

Portable view - Never forget.

• David_Richardson 15 Mar 2013 08:58:39 635 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Unirally.
    Absolutely.
  • smoothpete 15 Mar 2013 09:02:46 31,484 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    They put bikes in Burnout Paradise as an add-on, and they were the best part of the game (for me). Weaving in and out of traffic was boss.
  • 3DO 15 Mar 2013 09:02:59 41 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    This or EA deciding they want a new RR will be the only ways it'll happen not a bizarrely specific petition.
    Yeah, but the petition started before Dan wrote he want's to create the next Road Rash. Maybe he read the petition. Another one - Trip Hawkins informed about petition. So, everything has it's matter.

http://www.change.org/petitions/electronic-arts-we-the-gamers-want-a-new-road-rash-game-based-on-principles-of-rr-sega-3do-and-ps1

• 3DO 15 Mar 2013 09:05:39 41 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    SSX, definitely.

Road Rash is another one of those games that was great at the time, but has aged badly. It's not a good game.
    Have you ever played Road Rash on 3DO to wrote like that?

• 3DO 15 Mar 2013 09:11:24 41 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Mr-Brett, besides, why people do not understand the purpose of petitions? It's not a command to EA or any other developer "DO IT!" this is the information for them to show how many people want's a game, like a statistics.

• nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 09:11:54 59,415 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Typical 3DO. Promises a lot but the execution lets it down.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Popzeus 15 Mar 2013 14:55:52 8,297 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deffo Road Rash. I'd agree that oldschool Road Rash has aged very badly, but it's easy to see how the concept could be made into something great using modern tech.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• 3DO 18 Mar 2013 06:57:31 41 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Popzeus wrote:
    Deffo Road Rash. I'd agree that oldschool Road Rash has aged very badly, but it's easy to see how the concept could be made into something great using modern tech.
    Exactly! With modern technologies this game could be more awesome than before! But oldschool style must be kept with new features, more races/tracks, different weather, rocky sound, video clips and more, race results where opponents tell you what they thought about your race, different weapons, funny pedestrians/animals on the road and more.

Edited by 3DO at 07:00:37 18-03-2013

• 3DO 27 Mar 2013 07:34:18 41 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Did anybody here can post a link to Road Rash petition on Twitter or Facebook. If it is possible, then please, do so.

Edited by 3DO at 07:35:00 27-03-2013

• PazJohnMitch 27 Mar 2013 07:39:34 7,988 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No interest in either SSX or Road Rash.

What about Dungeon Keeper 3 or Theme Hospital 2.

There are many more games left to rot by EA I would also like to see.
  • 3DO 1 Apr 2013 08:04:38 41 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    PazJohnMitch, maybe you should start a petition, like fans of Road Rash did? DK is so good, but it burned like other creative games.

• OptimusPube 1 Apr 2013 08:55:28 2,936 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    On Motorstorm you can knock other riders off of their bikes and ATV's with punches much like Road Rash, just select an all bike race and boom Road Rash.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC˛

• Kostabi 1 Apr 2013 09:33:01 4,903 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not really the same unless you're knocking someone off their bike with a chain to the face while pulling a wheelie over a granny crossing the road on her zimmerframe.
  • rickalish 1 Apr 2013 17:44:58 1,796 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    SSX, definitely.

Bollocks! Road Rash 2 is amazing even today! The soundtrack and characters should remain in a proper remake as they were (and are) simply sublime.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous