What are your pet hates? Page 34

• Page

of 35 First / Last

• ronuds 8 Jan 2013 16:20:32 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    I don't mind Y/M/D or D/M/Y, but M/D/Y for dates is ridiculous. I just think the numbers should follow an increasing or decreasing trend not all over the place. Every other form of measurement I know of works in such a fashion, so why not dates?
    M/D/Y does follow an increasing trend, though: 12 months, 31 days, unlimited years.
  • L_Franko Moderator 24 Jan 2013 15:36:22 9,694 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why must people leave the button tones on their mobiles left on? Sitting next to someone that is a text conversation would turn a Buddhist monk into a killing machine.
  • Kay 24 Jan 2013 15:48:10 17,905 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yep. There is absolutely no need to keep button tones on. Only perhaps if you're blind and need to make sure your button press has registered.
  • Madder-Max 14 Apr 2013 11:18:53 11,656 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The over use of "seriously?" And "Really?" In an american sitcom pause for canned laughter way. Its everywhere. Any american comedy, american kids programmes (which are all based on the friends formula - friends has a lot to answer for) the FC3 hype shit, skylander advert etc.......

Oh another use of 'seriously?' Really?

/canned laughter

99 problems and being ginger is one

• OptimusPube 14 Apr 2013 11:29:38 3,071 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Drivers, why are so many in such a rush all of the time, speeding, red light jumping, tailgating, not indicating, I see them all on a daily basis and it's getting more frequent. If you need to get there sooner set of earlier, if this is not possible then SORT YOUR LIFE OUT.

If you were walking it would take a hell of a lot longer to get where you are going, SLOW FUCKING DOWN YOU CUNTS.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC˛

• Deckard1 14 Apr 2013 11:35:44 28,247 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'll drive as fast as I want you cunt
  • joeymoto108 14 Apr 2013 11:36:30 647 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Attention seeking statuses on Facebook are truly despicable. Please tell the whole world more about your depression/how ugly you are/how you want a 'real' relationship. Woe is me.

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• OptimusPube 14 Apr 2013 11:38:22 3,071 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hopefully on a race course where it's legal, if you're speeding in rural areas or near schools then you're the cunt.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC˛

• bladdard 14 Apr 2013 11:50:28 954 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    joeymoto108 wrote:
    Attention seeking statuses on Facebook are truly despicable. Please tell the whole world more about your depression/how ugly you are/how you want a 'real' relationship. Woe is me.
    Completely agree especially the ultra attention seeking post my feelings with no explanation so everyone will ask.

Facebook knob: "My life is such a mess :-("
    Friend of knob: "Oh dear what's the matter poppet"
    Facebook knob: "Don't ask I don't want to talk about it"
    Friend of knob: "Piss off then you attention seeking cretin"
  • Syrette 22 May 2013 17:25:53 43,596 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dark chocolate.

Just had some. Can't get the taste out of my mouth.

Vile stuff.

• JoeBlade 22 May 2013 17:33:05 2,561 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Dark chocolate.

Just had some. Can't get the taste out of my mouth.

Vile stuff.
    Fucking choctist.

;-)
  • thelzdking 22 May 2013 18:29:07 4,367 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tennis. Boring shite for M&S-bumming middle class cunts.
  • mal 22 May 2013 19:25:06 22,605 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I saw a girl on a bike on a famous suburban A-road I was trying to cross giggling on her mobile phone as traffic streamed past her to her right. Gnnn!

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• yegon 23 May 2013 00:39:00 5,300 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Totally agree re: bad drivers. When cars get right your up arse my natural response is to slow down to fuck them off. Unless you're going down the motorway or something, the likely time you save by driving like an arse is pitifully small. Worse is when a car overtakes badly, causing you to brake...then pulls in 100 yards down the road.

Cyclists. 80% of them completely ignore red lights. Nearly crashed into one coming out of a car park a while back, completely his fault. Kinda amused me how I would have dealt with it had I sent him to his death - I'd have got out the car, completely ignored the idiot's brains spread all the over road, and knelt down to examine the damage to my car. The accumulated passersby going ooh and aah would look at me like I was an unfeeling psychopath, haha. Nope, natural selection. Same goes for anyone hit by a train, no justifiable reason* to be on the track unless you're a p-way worker.

Bonus peeve - trying to get off a train and everyone on the platform is stood in the way as you get off. I often just stop, block the door, and hold my hands out incredulously to shame them into moving.

Me me me culture.

*With the exception of level crossings, foot crossing etc. I'm referring to the bellends who hang about in the middle of nowhere chucking bricks at trains.

Edited by yegon at 00:51:12 23-05-2013
  • mal 23 May 2013 02:14:10 22,605 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    yegon wrote:
    trying to get off a train and everyone on the platform is stood in the way as you get off. I often just stop, block the door, and hold my hands out incredulously to shame them into moving.
    O_o

I find that if you walk into people who are in the way and looking at you they generally move out of the way. Possibly helps that I'm taller and larger than average, so I'll generally win if they don't, I suppose.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• yegon 23 May 2013 09:51:00 5,300 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mal wrote:
    yegon wrote:
    trying to get off a train and everyone on the platform is stood in the way as you get off. I often just stop, block the door, and hold my hands out incredulously to shame them into moving.
    O_o

I find that if you walk into people who are in the way and looking at you they generally move out of the way. Possibly helps that I'm taller and larger than average, so I'll generally win if they don't, I suppose.
    Well yeah, they get out of the way when I walk towards them - I'm hardly big at 5'10'' but I'd win the majority of jostles and can look suitably grim when I want to - but despite being in a mad clamour to get on, they leave a sphincter sized gap for 100 people to walk through, delaying everyone even more. Dunno, maybe I'm alone in thinking it'd be quicker if they, you know, actually exhibited some common sense and shifted out of the fucking way more than the barest minimum.

Edited by yegon at 09:53:14 23-05-2013
  • RedSparrows 23 May 2013 10:56:25 22,888 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Totally agreed, Yegon. I hate the rush. It saves them what... no time at all? Brilliant.
  • Trane 23 May 2013 11:32:22 4,054 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    People saying expresso. Fuck off.
  • CharlieStCloud 23 May 2013 18:50:03 5,219 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A lady decided to use the self service checkout thingummy in Marks and Spenser ...

... with a big huge trolly load of food.

WTF?

Is human interaction that scary for her?

As an everyday cyclist myself, I loath cyclists who think the red lights doesn't apply to them. I honestly wouldn't help them out if I saw one get hit by a car, bus, lorry, etc. because I would be more concerned about the shock of the driver unexpectedly hitting a cyclist.

I also think Audi and BMW drivers are wankers. Why don't they ever indicate?!
  • Megapocalypse 23 May 2013 18:53:32 5,443 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not sure about Audi but I think BMW indicators are just for show similar to the ones on Transit vans.
  • oceanmotion 23 May 2013 19:01:49 15,970 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    People who say like to start every sentence.

I hate them more with every point.
  • CharlieStCloud 23 May 2013 19:46:52 5,219 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    People who say like to start every sentence.

I hate them more with every point.
    Like, like this?
  • jonsaan 23 May 2013 19:56:11 25,353 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I fecking hate taking off my tie and forgetting to take the skinny bit out of the label loop behind the fat bit first. It usually knots up and takes ages to get off. After a knackering day battling the trains it makes me want to burn all ties.

FCUTA!

• gman7714 23 May 2013 20:53:57 298 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I fucking hate being badgered/blackmailed into watching chick flicks by the wife.

/goes to watch chick flick.

The paperboy which sounds awesome :(
  • Deleted user 23 May 2013 21:05:26
    Nose picking, people not letting you out at junctions, people not saying thank you, people insisting on tipping even when the service was poor.
  • Deleted user 23 May 2013 22:54:34
    Post deleted
  • Syrette 14 Apr 2014 20:04:03 43,596 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Advertising/corporate hashtags.

What's worse is the idea that people actually buy into using them.

• Syrette 1 Jun 2014 22:18:16 43,596 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Came in here to post the above more or less :redface:

Seen some that are just one word, and extremely common words at that.

• Page

of 35 First / Last