What are your pet hates? Page 33

• Page

of 35 First / Last

• Syrette 29 Dec 2012 12:25:10 43,060 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Been reminded, quite strongly, of my #1 pet hate (over this Christmas especially as it happens).

People talking with their mouths full.

It's less of a problem in a restaurant or public place as it's easier to ignore. But in a quiet room with just people talking and eating it's a different story. It's vile, but you can't really say anything about it without sounding a bit rude. Occasionally I'll give the wrong-doer a bit of an evil look but for the most part I just sit there waiting for it to be over.

I'll force my conversation partner to wait for me to finish my mouthful before I answer them, which is annoying itself as they just stare at you waiting for you to finish your mouthful. Which might take a fair few seconds depending on the food item.

/first world problem

• Derblington 29 Dec 2012 12:28:16 21,264 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't stand listening to people eat, or whisper.
    Or fat people struggling force air out of their blubbery mouths.

/vomits
  • docrob 29 Dec 2012 13:10:06 289 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Regarding the Game thing - I can appreciate that the staff are obliged to badger customers, but the management should understand that this will annoy a fair proportion of people sufficiently to push them away from High St shopping and towards buying their games online. Which is pretty much the opposite of what they should be doing.

I don't want to be 'greeted' when I walk into a shop. Not unless it's a bloody jeweller's or something similar. And I certainly don't want people trying to sell me extra things on top when I get to the till. That's one of the best things about Amazon - they don't try to persuade you to buy additional crap when you go to the checkout. I really, really detest a hard sell. Puts me right off every time.
  • Kanjin 29 Dec 2012 13:43:24 1,051 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mention it to the management, don't take it out of us minimum wage slaves, we get it in the neck if we get caught not doing it.

Edit: Should emphathise I don't think you're having a go here, but resist the urge to have massive rant in store like some customers do.

Edited by Kanjin at 13:44:37 29-12-2012
  • Syrette 29 Dec 2012 14:34:26 43,060 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    That's one of the best things about Amazon - they don't try to persuade you to buy additional crap when you go to the checkout.
    They do try to sell you stuff just before and after the checkout process don't they?

• skuzzbag 29 Dec 2012 17:20:26 5,635 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Been reminded, quite strongly, of my #1 pet hate (over this Christmas especially as it happens).

People talking with their mouths full.

It's less of a problem in a restaurant or public place as it's easier to ignore. But in a quiet room with just people talking and eating it's a different story. It's vile, but you can't really say anything about it without sounding a bit rude. Occasionally I'll give the wrong-doer a bit of an evil look but for the most part I just sit there waiting for it to be over.

I'll force my conversation partner to wait for me to finish my mouthful before I answer them, which is annoying itself as they just stare at you waiting for you to finish your mouthful. Which might take a fair few seconds depending on the food item.

/first world problem
    Speaking with your mouth full is aural rape.

Edited by skuzzbag at 17:21:00 29-12-2012
  • skuzzbag 29 Dec 2012 17:20:37 5,635 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jonsaan 29 Dec 2012 17:21:58 25,326 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some people seem to think it's ok to talk with their mouthful if they put their hand up to mask the vile open mouthed mastication. It's not.

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 29 December 2012 19:25:28
    jonsaan wrote:
    @meme can you go out and get a good steak dinner for eight quid though? Presumably you have to then tip on top of that?
    Eight quid was including a 15% tip. If you go early enough to somewhere like Texas Roadhouse, you can get a decent steak dinner for $7, so even including a generous tip that's still under six quid. And by decent I mean decent, not shitty Wetherspoons pub-esque fare.
  • Syrette 30 Dec 2012 15:53:23 43,060 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Having a free and easy day with little to do, yet only getting round to playing a game mid-afternoon.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 30 Dec 2012 16:05:00 37,302 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This time of year on Eurogamer (and other sites I read) is the whole "games of the year" thing. EG have done the right thing by ditching a numbered list a few years back and just had articles celebrating individual games, but the Fez as overal GOTY article just brings out the idiots anyway.

It is very much OK to disagree with the Eurogamer opinion that Fez is GOTY. The whole "it's broken" argument is very much valid and is a fair point if you didn't enjoy it as much as they did. Post to say as much, it's your right.

What is NOT OK is to throw around insults and disparaging remarks in an attempt to belittle their choice. I would rather these people just fuck off and leave the site forever, they're not contributing anything worthwhile to the site. They will not be missed.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Syrette 30 Dec 2012 16:08:43 43,060 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ah, as a mod I guess you have to read the comments. I usually avoid them like the plague, but sometimes I'll be bored and end up getting involved with the tards.

I like how the top rated comment starts with:

Great....EG falls down the Hipster hole.

edit; wow, I just read a few more comments - do these people not understand that these articles are just opinion pieces? It's as if they think Eurogamer is deciding that Fez is objectively the GOTY and that anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. Madness.

Edited by Syrette at 16:10:37 30-12-2012

• MrTomFTW Moderator 30 Dec 2012 16:10:21 37,302 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that's it exactly.

Fun part of being a mod though is that you can see who has voted on a comment, and how they voted.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 30 December 2012 17:08:50
    That genuinely made me depressed.
  • Madder-Max 30 Dec 2012 23:02:34 11,618 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    People who come into the pub who I have never met, order drinks and finish every sentence with 'buddy'. I'm your barman and not your buddy so fuck off!

Also this one guy pops in occassionally and every time comes up to the bar and says "is the pedigree good today buddy"

No its fucking shit pal. I just pissed in the barrel. How many pints?

99 problems and being ginger is one

• skuzzbag 30 Dec 2012 23:21:59 5,635 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really hate the comments full stop now. I think it's even worse since the voting system was brought in. Often perfectly acceptable comments about a game are negged out of existence because it doesn't fit in with the fanboy agenda.

And I'm guilty of that too I imagine thinking about it.

Edited by skuzzbag at 23:22:42 30-12-2012
  • Madder-Max 2 Jan 2013 21:20:42 11,618 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    People who come into the pub when its quiet, like tonight (for obvious reasons) and make some wanky shite 'joke' about how they might not find room to sit down!!!!! Fwah fwah fwah. How fucking hilarioius you bellends.

Or a monday afternoon and they come in with a concerned look on their faces like they are utter experts on the licensed trade, look around the pub as if they own it and say "bit quiet in here isn't it?

Um actually mate its not. No. It was so fucking busy this monday lunch time that we had to shoot a load of customers and bury them in the cellar to make room. Would you like to be next?

• thelzdking 2 Jan 2013 22:42:10 4,310 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The American dating system. Month before day? Fuck off.
  • jonsaan 2 Jan 2013 22:48:08 25,326 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    The American dating system. Month before day? Fuck off.
    Agreed. Sadly it has become so common that it is slowly taking a hold over here and becoming the norm.

See film ads, TV etc.

FCUTA!

• Chopsen 2 Jan 2013 22:50:28 15,702 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It sort of makes sense, because it puts the bigger/more significant bit of the information to the left. This makes it consistent with our number system more generally. However to be fully consistent they should then put the year to the left when they add that but they don't: they put it on the right. Because they're wankers.
  • Madder-Max 2 Jan 2013 23:00:03 11,618 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah. Americans say 'buddy' a lot too

• Rusty_M 2 Jan 2013 23:11:12 4,565 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't mind Y/M/D or D/M/Y, but M/D/Y for dates is ridiculous. I just think the numbers should follow an increasing or decreasing trend not all over the place. Every other form of measurement I know of works in such a fashion, so why not dates?

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• boo 2 Jan 2013 23:57:10 11,703 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Because Americans are stupid.

Edit :

See also...

Gun ownership
    Spelling

Edited by boo at 23:59:07 02-01-2013

Just Another Lego Blog

• Rens11 3 Jan 2013 03:52:24 1,385 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    People who talk like chavs innit. Was shopping the other day and overheard a chav tell his lttle boy to "hush ya gums" fucking prick.

Woman with an attitude who works in my local post office who doesn't put the post code on the receipt despite you asking her to. Tells you to just write it on yourself which proves fuck all as I could write it on any receipt yet when you try to explain it to her she replies "well that's the way I do it" :mad:

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Syrette 3 Jan 2013 22:11:30 43,060 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    People who italicise too much on message boards. It makes them sound so pretentious.

• cubbymoore 3 Jan 2013 23:06:30 36,468 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How can it make people sound pretentious when it's a non-aural medium?
  • Syrette 3 Jan 2013 23:09:13 43,060 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why don't you fuck right off, you pedantic twat?

safety ;)

• Megapocalypse 8 Jan 2013 16:13:58 5,309 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cunty bus drivers that seem to insist on driving just slow enough to ensure that I miss my train.
  • Page

of 35 First / Last