What are your pet hates? Page 4

• Page

of 34 First / Last

• Chopsen 29 Jan 2007 15:31:32 15,176 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ooh, ooh, Sir! Sir! I've though of another one!

Teachers.

Pain in the arse, each and every one.

edit: and I say that as a 31 year old with 2 degrees, not some spotty ne'er do well in school

Edited by Chopsen at 15:34:15 29-01-2007
  • Chopsen 29 Jan 2007 15:32:32 15,176 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The problem with "literally" it that is gets used all the time that it has now become an irritating cliche, regardless of it's correctness.

• Retroid Moderator 29 Jan 2007 15:34:58 44,501 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    You're a fucking clown, Retroid. Really. :)
    They all float down here.
  • Razz 29 Jan 2007 15:58:43 59,994 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    GrandTheftApu wrote:
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    GrandTheftApu wrote:
    Anyone who refers to normal tea (PG Tips, Tetley etc.) as 'Builder's Tea'.

Whoops!

If it helps, I use that term not derogitarily (if that's a word, it's spelt wrong) - I use it to confirm how I imagine builders like their tea, which is the same as I do - sweet, piping hot and strong enough to melt the spoon.

Ah, that's not so bad. I had always thought it was meant to imply it was a drink for people with unsophisticated tastes, and was somehow inferior to blends like earl grey or darjeeling.
    Are you saying builders are unsophisticated?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• PES_Fanboy 29 Jan 2007 16:01:16 11,637 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    I do what all people around here do, when I need to use hyperbole, I substitute the word 'fucking' for 'very'.

It's fucking useful.

Not only dubious, grammatically (shouldn't it be "fuckingly"?), I also assume there's not literally any sexual intercourse taking place, between who- or whatever?

Are you coming onto me?
  • TheSaint 29 Jan 2007 16:01:32 13,629 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GrandTheftApu wrote:
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    GrandTheftApu wrote:
    Anyone who refers to normal tea (PG Tips, Tetley etc.) as 'Builder's Tea'.

Whoops!

If it helps, I use that term not derogitarily (if that's a word, it's spelt wrong) - I use it to confirm how I imagine builders like their tea, which is the same as I do - sweet, piping hot and strong enough to melt the spoon.

Ah, that's not so bad. I had always thought it was meant to imply it was a drink for people with unsophisticated tastes, and was somehow inferior to blends like earl grey or darjeeling.

I thought it meant that you drank it while reading The Daily Sport.
  • Razz 29 Jan 2007 16:09:53 59,994 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What's wrong with the Daily Sport. It's an insightful read.

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Deleted user 22 May 2007 14:49:57
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
  • samk 2 May 2008 15:24:01 703 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Motorists who don't feel the need to bother using their indicators to let the rest of us know where they're going, or who only indicate at the last possible opportunity a mere millisecond before they turn a corner at 40mph when they can blatantly see pedestrians are walking around.

As someone who lives in a busy town centre and walks around as much as possible rather than driving, this winds me up no end. We aren't the Borg for God's sake; we don't all intrinsically know what everyone else is doing. If you're going to drive a one tonne killing machine around town, use your indicators to let the rest of us know when you're going to turn, you cretin.
  • samk 2 May 2008 15:31:30 703 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And continuing with idiots driving around town; zebra crossings.

It's pouring with rain and I'm getting soaked. There's a busy two-lane road ahead, full of cars plodding along at 20mph. I reach a zebra crossing along with several other people. And we wait. And wait. And wait. All the while getting even more soaked, and none of these bastards will stop their car for 10 seconds to let us cross.

Total. Arseholes.
  • mad_caddy 2 May 2008 15:36:18 3,306 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    People that eat with their mouths open.

People who don't indicate, queue jumpers, people who drive while on the phone and people who ignore the "yellow don't stop on this box area" (usually all the same type of driver as well)
  • pjmaybe 2 May 2008 15:37:07 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Queue jumpers - definitely
    Cuntwads with tunes playing over their mobile phone speakers
  • mad_caddy 2 May 2008 15:42:58 3,306 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I find it quite odd when it's one person walking alone (or on a bike) and they've got their tinny shitty mp3 crackling out of a tinny little speaker.

Get an ipod or some headphones for fuck sake. I don't wanna hear that gansta shizzle.

I've recently had a go at a couple of queue jumpers (plus one was on a mobile) when they tried to cut me up, one ended up going fookin mental almost a complete road rage attack and the other chased me down the road for about a mile.....dickhead.
  • JuanKerr 2 May 2008 15:49:14 36,094 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:

Why do people do this? I really don't understand. I'd love to walk around town with a cattle prod and electrocute anyone who does this.
  • pjmaybe 2 May 2008 15:52:42 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    pjmaybe wrote:

Why do people do this? I really don't understand. I'd love to walk around town with a cattle prod and electrocute anyone who does this.

It's to make you get into a fight with them.

It's the only reason I can think of. They're just waiting for you to confront 'em so they can get into a girl-slap session with you.

The "Yellow box" thing for traffic is incredible in Oxford. Does anyone actually know what they're for any more? Why the fuck don't they have traffic cameras on 'em?
  • Deleted user 2 May 2008 15:55:26
    boo wrote:
    Mobile phones, and more specifically, the people who use them.

It's 7am on a Monday morning and yours truly is dragged, kicking and screaming (or more accurately, dozing and snoring) from the womb-like comfort of a warm and snuggly duvet and a warm and snuggly wife.

After standing in the shower and acheiving the absolute minimum levels of consciousness required to navigate to the station I stand around on the platform awaiting the train.

Joyously though, not three feet away, some girl who apparently shops exclusively at Chavs-R-Us already has a mobile phone glued to her ear. Despite it not yet being 8am she has compelling need to discuss the salient points of her weekend with another witless individual.
    This friend is presumably partially deaf, hence the need for our chavette to conduct her half of the conversation at full volume.

The train arrives and I'm able to snag a seat and attempt to lose myself in a book for twenty minutes.

But wait! What's this? Our chavette is halfway down the carriage (but sadly still well within earshot), but dropping into the seat opposite me is some young chap clearly in the employ of either a banking establishment or possibly an estage agents.
    Nasty shiny suit, cropped hair swimming in gel, slumped in the seat with his knees well apart attempting to take up as much space as possible.
    And in his hand? The ever present mobile phone.

I don't have a phone so don't know much about them, but I can only assume that if you don't use it, or press buttons on it, every 30 seconds, then it stops working.

He fidgets with it constantly, like it's some kind of security blanket. Every minute or so he keeps going back to it like it may have transmogrified intro a packet of weetabix while he was looking out of the window. The constant twitching distracts me and I end up reading the same page three times.

Eventually we're off the train and onto the tube. The cramped, smelly, rattling tube that provides a haven of peace, as it travels where mobile signals cannot - for now.

But still they fiddle and twitch...

Off the tube and heading for the exit, but our ordeal is not over yet. At the bottom of the escalators we see them.
    Junkies...
    Addicts...

Blocking the path of people trying to access the escalators, they stand oblivious as they cling to the last dregs of signal. That conversation so important it can't be continued later.
    People coming off the bottom of the escalator have nowhere to step and they bump into our junkie who stares angrily at them.
    Because it's not their fault is it?

Out and into the daylight we emerge, and move en-masse like salmon returning upstream to our spawning ground. The mass moves as one to begin with, but then ripples occur as people have to break right and left. People bump into each other, curses are muttered below the breath, paper cups of coffee are spilled and bitterness and frustration levels are raised imperceptably.

Why?

Because somebody's walking along slowly, head down, looking at a text message, blind to the crowds around them, ignorant to the chaos caused.
    Because they need to know that Kerry snogged Wayne last night, and they need to know now!

The crowd squeeze onto the narrowing pavement and outside Benjy's, they're forced to squeeze even more, as a selfish fool performs the mobile phone dance.

One hand in trouser pocket, one hand clamping phone to ear, he moves in slow motion circles, staring at the sky, his inane conversation matched by the vacant look on his face.

A fat man wearing sports clothes (why is it always the people least likely to take part in any sporting activity who wear sports clothes?) pushes past me, going the other way. Plugged in his ear is a device that looks like some Max Power / Star Trek hybrid. An interstallar communicator with underskirt neon.
    In his little world he sees himself as some kind of high powered 'player', in constant connection with the fast paced world.

I just see a fat twat with a toy in his ear.

And I haven't even got to work yet.

/sheds a tear...

Beautiful... Just (sob) Beautiful.

At Uni, the twits texting as they climb stairs drives me mental...

/Ponders pushing twits down stairs
  • mad_caddy 2 May 2008 15:55:55 3,306 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    they always do the same "look-straight-ahead-don't-make-eye-contact-with-the-driver-your-blocking" action as well.
  • pjmaybe 2 May 2008 15:58:15 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Boo's post ftw.

The Yellow Boxers are usually also the sort of cuntwads who go through a yellow light just as it's turning to red, and block roundabouts up too.

I could pretty much have a whole thread about bad driving if we started on about pet hates. I don't know how these people got through their tests.
  • Lexx87 2 May 2008 15:59:56 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:

Cuntwads! I've been looking for a word to describe these people for ages. Bunch of clunge-dodging-cock-hugging-FUCKERS.

Speak the truth hussy!

• pjmaybe 2 May 2008 16:03:38 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's a nice word reserved purely for the type of person who will kill you, and your family, and the occupants of your car just to get one car ahead of you, or save themselves 5 seconds off their journey.

I think it works well.
  • samk 2 May 2008 16:19:33 703 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mad_caddy wrote:
    I find it quite odd when it's one person walking alone (or on a bike) and they've got their tinny shitty mp3 crackling out of a tinny little speaker.

Get an ipod or some headphones for fuck sake. I don't wanna hear that gansta shizzle.

I saw an instance of this only this very morning. Chav-looking teen with a baseball cap turned to two o'clock, with his mobile phone IN HIS JEANS POCKET blaring out some awful song. Twas a truly ridiculous sight; halfwit hoodie slothing around town with a bloody awful song emitting from tinny mobile phone speakers muffled by his jeans.
  • pjmaybe 2 May 2008 16:21:28 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I saw one who'd obviously thought he'd go one better, and actually had a pair of those really shitty Argos mini speakers attached to his phone, not improving the music or the sound quality in the slightest - just making it even more louder and even more tinnier.

Bless 'im. Hope his next shit's a hedgehog
  • Gretters 2 May 2008 16:31:56 2,628 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The people who it seems are hired just to drive in front of me.

30 limit? I'll do 22 then.

40 limit? I'll do 30. Just to be sure.

On the motorway? Most people doing 80+? I'll do 65 then. In the outside lane. And not move over. Because I'm not breaking the law.

Let's be clear here, I believe that people who break the 20 limit outside schools, hospitals (et al) should lose their licence immediately. However, in other areas (for example near me where the speed limit 'inexplicably' drops from 40 to 30 for about a hundred yards... between two fields with horses in them... at the bottom of a mahoosive hill... with, of course, a camera) we should be more open to common sense. And that doesn't mean 'I'm not in a rush, so you're not either'.

You're, like, seventy... are you not worried you might die before you get wherever the fuck it is you're going?

/calms

Also, chav wankstains who play their MP3s through the speakers on their phones.

Edit: clarity was obfuscated due to rage.
  • LeoliansBro 2 May 2008 16:33:46 41,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Soapbox twats who take every opportunity to sound off their personal opinions on any and every subject, despite not having a fucking clue what they're on about.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Page

of 34 First / Last