What are your pet hates? Page 30

  • Page

    of 35 First / Last

  • Deleted user 6 December 2012 20:36:53
    I thought cheques were in the process of being phased out nowadays? Thought the plan was to eradicate them completely in the UK by 2014 or something.
  • PhoenixFlames 6 Dec 2012 20:37:18 8,899 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    I like when they ask "have you ever been here before" as though the shopping/dining experience is so different to anywhere else.

    I've never been here, but I know how to ask for food or grab things that I want off a shelf.
    Nando's?

    PSN - phoenix1flames

  • Deleted user 6 December 2012 20:39:40
    ronuds wrote:
    I like when they ask "have you ever been here before" as though the shopping/dining experience is so different to anywhere else.

    I've never been here, but I know how to ask for food or grab things that I want off a shelf.
    I can understand it in places like Teppenyaki restaurants or something more eclectic, but getting it in Texas Roadhouse is kind of weird. Is it really that hard to explain how a steak works?
  • mikew1985 6 Dec 2012 20:40:25 12,589 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    I like when they ask "have you ever been here before" as though the shopping/dining experience is so different to anywhere else.

    I've never been here, but I know how to ask for food or grab things that I want off a shelf.
    Nando's?
    He's from the states, so literally everywhere.
  • spamdangled 6 Dec 2012 20:41:18 27,269 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    meme wrote:
    I thought cheques were in the process of being phased out nowadays? Thought the plan was to eradicate them completely in the UK by 2014 or something.
    I think there are delays on that because of the elderly not being understand chip and pin or something.

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • PhoenixFlames 6 Dec 2012 20:41:45 8,899 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    I like when they ask "have you ever been here before" as though the shopping/dining experience is so different to anywhere else.

    I've never been here, but I know how to ask for food or grab things that I want off a shelf.
    Nando's?
    He's from the states, so literally everywhere.
    Has he been here before?

    PSN - phoenix1flames

  • PhoenixFlames 6 Dec 2012 20:42:47 8,899 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    meme wrote:
    I thought cheques were in the process of being phased out nowadays? Thought the plan was to eradicate them completely in the UK by 2014 or something.
    I think there are delays on that because of the elderly not being understand chip and pin or something.
    Also, lots of charities rely on them for donations through the post.

    PSN - phoenix1flames

  • ronuds 6 Dec 2012 20:47:00 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    I like when they ask "have you ever been here before" as though the shopping/dining experience is so different to anywhere else.

    I've never been here, but I know how to ask for food or grab things that I want off a shelf.
    Nando's?
    He's from the states, so literally everywhere.
    Has he been here before?
    Never to Nando's! :p
  • LegendaryApe 6 Dec 2012 21:19:07 182 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Probably already been covered, but I hate when you go to make a cup of tea and the person before hasn't filled the kettle when you go to use it.

    It makes me angry. I then release that anger in inappropriate situations like telling my dog to fuck off. Cause and effect.


    My dog is now an alcoholic. True story.

    My favourite word is Fuzwuzzle, screamed into the cold night air.

  • bladdard 6 Dec 2012 21:25:01 899 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LegendaryApe wrote:
    Probably already been covered, but I hate when you go to make a cup of tea and the person before hasn't filled the kettle when you go to use it.

    It makes me angry. I then release that anger in inappropriate situations like telling my dog to fuck off. Cause and effect.


    My dog is now an alcoholic. True story.
    Not sure that's a pet hate, more a psychotic idiosyncrasy.
  • Rusty_M 6 Dec 2012 21:27:30 4,579 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheques are still used frequently in building societies and probably banks, too. It's pretty unusual to use them as a retail payment method, though.

    The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

  • mal 6 Dec 2012 21:49:58 22,336 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    LegendaryApe wrote:
    Probably already been covered, but I hate when you go to make a cup of tea and the person before hasn't filled the kettle when you go to use it.
    Or: people who overfill the kettle after they use it, so when you go to make a cup of tea you have a choice of either pouring away the excess water, or boiling more water than you need and wasting electricity.

    Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

  • Inertia 6 Dec 2012 21:52:03 676 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think he is being literal with his pet hate ;)
  • crashVoodoo 6 Dec 2012 21:55:18 3,853 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    'I could care less'.

    I can feel rage at myself for typing that

    Edited by crashVoodoo at 22:04:49 06-12-2012

    a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

  • gman7714 6 Dec 2012 22:28:38 281 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hate the little fucking fucktard who keeps letting their dog do a shit right in the middle of our drive way entrance.

    Cunt!
  • AaronTurner 7 Dec 2012 08:11:43 7,591 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ill people on public transport, fuck off
  • Fab4 7 Dec 2012 08:21:16 5,976 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Adults, seemingly incapable of using door handles to close doors without slamming them...grrrr!!!
  • Salaman 7 Dec 2012 09:50:14 18,863 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think cheques were phased out here about 20 years ago. I was really surprised when I opened a UK bank account and they gave me a cheque book. A bit like buying a new car and being given a crank with it to start. Just not something I'd expected at this day and age (and that was 7 years ago).

    I did pay at Asda with a cheque shortly after just for the novelty value. Probably pissed off the people behind me in line that. Especially since I'd never really written a cheque before so I had to double check with the cashier what I had to do exactly.

    She also seemed a little bemused as for some reason she needed to see the debit card that belonged to the account the cheque was for for verification/security reasons. So I pulled out a debit card which I could've paid with in order to be able to pay with a cheque which I had to ask her to help me fill in.

    Still. One thing off the bucket list I guess.
  • Razz 7 Dec 2012 10:11:10 60,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You paid for your groceries with a cheque? You utter cunt :p

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • nickthegun 7 Dec 2012 10:23:22 58,784 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I tried closing a bank account down a few months ago and they wouldnt let me unless i returned all the cards and cheque books I got with the account. obviously I have absolutely no idea where my cheque book is.

    Enjoy my 94p RBS, you fucking arseholes.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Salaman 7 Dec 2012 11:01:34 18,863 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    You paid for your groceries with a cheque? You utter cunt :p
    Like I said. never had cheques in my life. They're obsolete over here in the 1st world and have been since the end of the 80s or something like that when debit cards took their place. So I felt I needed to experience this paying with a cheque. :-)

    I was too engrossed in the "wait, what goes where/ Do I need to write anything else on here?" to pay attention to whether or not there was some heavy duty tutting and eye-rolling going on in the queue behind me. There probably was. Some may have mouthed "cunt" to each other.

    Edited by Salaman at 11:03:06 07-12-2012
  • quadfather 7 Dec 2012 11:16:08 11,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And to add to the fucking balance enquiry bastards - people who walk into a shop, just as you're trying to get out of the fucking place, having dealt with every member of the great unwashed shambling around like mindless husks, who then decide that RIGHT THEN is a GREAT TIME to get their FUCKING iphone out and gawp at someones festering status on cuntbook, blocking the exit for everyone

    Jesus, I could really skin them all alive and drown the fuckers in salt solution

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • RedSparrows 7 Dec 2012 11:35:41 22,030 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bladdard wrote:
    LegendaryApe wrote:
    Probably already been covered, but I hate when you go to make a cup of tea and the person before hasn't filled the kettle when you go to use it.

    It makes me angry. I then release that anger in inappropriate situations like telling my dog to fuck off. Cause and effect.


    My dog is now an alcoholic. True story.
    Not sure that's a pet hate, more a psychotic idiosyncrasy.
    There's a difference?!
  • RedSparrows 7 Dec 2012 11:37:25 22,030 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    And to add to the fucking balance enquiry bastards - people who walk into a shop, just as you're trying to get out of the fucking place, having dealt with every member of the great unwashed shambling around like mindless husks, who then decide that RIGHT THEN is a GREAT TIME to get their FUCKING iphone out and gawp at someones festering status on cuntbook, blocking the exit for everyone

    Jesus, I could really skin them all alive and drown the fuckers in salt solution
    Yup, people on phones in public - not just a glance, but a totally oblivious staring contest with the screen, walking/standing, whatever - always completely ignorant of anything or anyone nearby. ARGH.
  • Razz 7 Dec 2012 11:42:16 60,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    People standing in doorways is particular pet peeve of mine. Especially the ones that give you look of murder when politely ask to get past. This extends to people reaching the top of escalator/public stairs and stopping for no apparent reason, you can stop fair enough, but do it to one side so others can pass you!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • MetalDog 7 Dec 2012 11:43:31 23,708 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah, phone zombies. Usually strike at the top or bottom of stairs, or in doorways.

    -- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

  • SFD 7 Dec 2012 11:56:34 481 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    People that crowd the train doors and try to get on before I get off...

    Old people at supermarkets

    Keith lemon

    When they don't put enough jalapeņo on my sandwich at subway
  • Khanivor 7 Dec 2012 12:04:14 40,388 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you hate cunts using the ATM at a glacial pace and you hate cunts using cheques then you'd love the experience of sone drive through ATMs in the US. Where you can deposit cheques at the ATM. Which, apparently, is something best done in batches of 3-7 at 6pm on a Friday.
  • Razz 7 Dec 2012 12:05:26 60,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SFD wrote:
    When they don't put enough jalapeņo on my sandwich at subway
    :D Haha! YES! I'm quite forthright about getting them to be less stingy with the jalapenos!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Page

    of 35 First / Last

Log in or register to reply