What are your pet hates? Page 29

• Page

of 35 First / Last

• Deleted user 5 December 2012 18:27:29
    Tonka wrote:
    People who think that they can drive at 110kph on a freeway regardless of the wweather conditions.
    "Just dropped below freezing after a rainy day? Sleet on the road? Whay should I care!? The signs say 110kph so I'll do at least that!"
    kph? What kind of crazy country is that? Europe?
  • Madder-Max 6 Dec 2012 00:22:54 11,660 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Surely it is ok to keep cards behind the bar if the customer asked you to? Which they will need to if they want a tab. Seems very odd to allow tabs to strangers without some kind of guarantee.
    Its a brewery image thing based on table service and any of the staff can copy the card details. The brewery would rather take the hit and tear managers a new one over it than risk putting off potential customers.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• smoothpete 6 Dec 2012 06:47:05 31,574 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have become that which I hate. On a flight yesterday, had to be told by the stewardess to lower my seat's armrest for takeoff. So ashamed :(
  • Triggerhappytel 6 Dec 2012 08:01:48 2,695 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    I don't really know why I hate these two phrases, but I do:-

1. "I'm not being funny, but..."

2. "I'm not even joking..."

HATE HATE HATE
    It's not a hate of mine, but I find it annoying when people say "can I ask you a question?"

YOU JUST DID, FUCKO!
  • RedSparrows 6 Dec 2012 08:12:06 23,257 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MrV333 wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    People, usually women, who get to the end of the checkout process and discover that they are going to have to pay for everything they just bought.

This new revelation in how you live has them then opening their bag and rumagging around for whatever holds the form of payment they were completely not expecting to have to use while they stood there gormlessly looking at the cashier for the last few minutes.
    This 1000 times. And why is the purse always at the bottom of their bag and seemingly willfully trying to evade capture?
    Oh God, this. Plus on buses. ARGH
  • Tonka 6 Dec 2012 08:23:25 20,777 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Aargh. As opposed to... ? (UK is Europe to me)

Edited by Tonka at 08:23:50 06-12-2012

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Bremenacht 6 Dec 2012 15:35:25 18,719 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    MrV333 wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    People, usually women, who get to the end of the checkout process and discover that they are going to have to pay for everything they just bought.

This new revelation in how you live has them then opening their bag and rumagging around for whatever holds the form of payment they were completely not expecting to have to use while they stood there gormlessly looking at the cashier for the last few minutes.
    This 1000 times. And why is the purse always at the bottom of their bag and seemingly willfully trying to evade capture?
    Oh God, this. Plus on buses. ARGH
    Train stations are worse. There, you have to suffer morning ruination as you watch your train depart because you're still in the queue behind that fucking stupid cow who has only just got to the bottom of her bag/sack and produced the Electron card which *everyone* knows won't be accepted. Cue more rummaging and muttering "I'm sure it was accepted last time" no it wasn't - you're a liar on top of being the most hated person of the moment.
  • RedSparrows 6 Dec 2012 15:44:23 23,257 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Recent train station anecdote:

I go to ticket machine, and join queue.
    A girl sidles up nearby, clearly hoping to push in
    I get in front of her, get my ticket, and push off.
    10 minutes later she appears on the platform, on the phone to a friend. I quote:
    'oHH my GoooHDDD, right, I was in the queue at the ticket machines yeah, and this guy said I was pushing in and I was like I had to go get money out yeah, like, to get the tickehhhhht, and right, yeah like he was saying I pushed in and so I said excuse me did I ask you for your opinionnn, like, what the fuck?'
    So I almost said 'you asked for his opinion by PUSHING INTO THE QUEUE, YOU RETARD'.

But I didn't.

True story.
  • spindle9988 6 Dec 2012 16:21:20 3,617 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My oet hate is now Deckard calling somebodys 4yr old son an idiot due to the forumite posting in the wrong thread. What a fucking pleb
  • ronuds 6 Dec 2012 16:35:55 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If a female is taking too long to pay for something, I won't hesitate to sigh loudly in her direction.

The worst is when they decide to pay with a cheque, because it inevitably takes a hundred times the amount of time it takes any normal person to fill one in.
  • Deckard1 6 Dec 2012 16:40:44 28,704 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    My oet hate is now Deckard calling somebodys 4yr old son an idiot due to the forumite posting in the wrong thread. What a fucking pleb
    I actually said he "sounds" like an idiot. Sounds.
  • Deleted user 6 December 2012 16:43:00
    Either the son or father seemed to have learning difficulties.

Edited by Aargh. at 16:43:09 06-12-2012
  • ronuds 6 Dec 2012 16:44:53 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have a pet hate against putting children on a pedestal.
  • Deleted user 6 December 2012 16:46:50
    Because they can't get off it without help?
  • quadfather 6 Dec 2012 16:47:01 12,869 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    People spending fifty fucking years at an atm after selecting "Balance Enquiry" and then wondering what the fuck to do. Fucking twats.

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 6 December 2012 16:49:41
    On a similar note, people who go through a drive-through without knowing what they want to order, or people who go through a drive-through and order a colossal meal that takes fucking ages to get out. If you're doing either of those, park and go inside, let us normal people who are only ordering a solitary burger get through in less than twenty minutes.

(first world problems etc)
  • ronuds 6 Dec 2012 16:52:43 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Goodfella - I do like it!

I was a kid once too. I was an idiot and deserved to be called such at every available opportunity!
  • ronuds 6 Dec 2012 16:55:08 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    meme wrote:
    On a similar note, people who go through a drive-through without knowing what they want to order, or people who go through a drive-through and order a colossal meal that takes fucking ages to get out. If you're doing either of those, park and go inside, let us normal people who are only ordering a solitary burger get through in less than twenty minutes.

(first world problems etc)
    Had one of these at a RedBox the other day. Who would go to a thing like that w/o even the slightest clue of what they want to rent so that everyone behind you has to wait for you to decide?

She got a sigh all right.
  • Deleted user 6 December 2012 16:57:48
    Yeah, Redbox is terrible for that. Watching people slowly paw their way through the screens and checking info on films trying to decide what to watch? Do that online and reserve the one you want, cretin.

Weirdly I always had the drive-through problem worse in the UK. McDonalds on the drive home from Southampton always had at least five cars queuing at any given time whilst some spacker ordered a big mac without gherkins or cheese or ketchup.
  • Deleted user 6 December 2012 17:12:32
    The twats in Game.

The twats in Game who pester me within five seconds of entering the door because obviously being older than 12 I must be senile and have no idea about these new fangled computer things.

"Do you need any help, Sir?"

No. I fucking don't. I was coding before you were even a dribble down your Mother's arsecrack that through sheer persistence managed to crawl the fuck back up. I've got floppy disks fucking older than you and built my own systems before you'd learnt to spew the wretched garbage you call language, tearing syllables from mid-air with all the delicacy of a starving cat eating the desiccated remains of its owner's face.

FUCK OFF.

Edited by HurbleBurble at 17:14:48 06-12-2012
  • nickthegun 6 Dec 2012 17:18:21 60,436 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's called customer service, chief. You might want to code that into your matrix

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• ronuds 6 Dec 2012 17:22:42 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Weirdly I always had the drive-through problem worse in the UK. McDonalds on the drive home from Southampton always had at least five cars queuing at any given time whilst some spacker ordered a big mac without gherkins or cheese or ketchup.
    Maybe they're actually making the food rather than grabbing it from where it's sat under a heat lamp for the last hour. :p

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but you only have about a 15% chance of getting a hot meal from any of the fast food places around here.

...which is also a pet hate.
  • Deleted user 6 December 2012 17:25:22
    Actually it's not. It's called being a nuisance. The general rule is your staff should be available, obvious but unobtrusive because it's a negative selling point to assume that the customer automatically doesn't know what they want.

If someone looks genuinely confused, or can't seem to find what they're after, it's fine, but don't harangue them the moment they walk in the door because it reeks of desperation and the general assumption that they may not have gotten the hang of 'shopping' just yet.
  • ronuds 6 Dec 2012 18:14:56 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like when they ask "have you ever been here before" as though the shopping/dining experience is so different to anywhere else.

I've never been here, but I know how to ask for food or grab things that I want off a shelf.
  • Bremenacht 6 Dec 2012 20:32:59 18,719 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    The worst is when they decide to pay with a cheque, because it inevitably takes a hundred times the amount of time it takes any normal person to fill one in.
    Oh god oh god oh god the fucking chequebook. I'd been trying to remember how that horrid ticket office queue ended, and it ended with a cheque. The coup de grace. The executioners axe coming down on the hope I still had of getting to work on time.

"Who do I make it out to then?" (tetchy)

Try 'Satan', you hell-spawned hag.
  • Page

of 35 First / Last