@mal yeah that can be annoying.
  • PeaceWalker 28 Oct 2012 17:14:45 63 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I hate pets...
  • jonsaan 28 Oct 2012 17:48:21 25,353 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ......that don't lurk on a forum to learn the lay of the land first?

FCUTA!

• PeaceWalker 28 Oct 2012 18:05:08 63 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @jonsaan ...are you a lurker? a creature hiding in the shadows waiting too pounce on it's illiterate prey??
  • Deleted user 28 October 2012 18:17:03
    "to". "its".
  • PeaceWalker 28 Oct 2012 19:04:13 63 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @meme ...I love you! you show me my failings and inadequacies without using them to your advantage...I am used to my ellipses and random use of 'to' and 'too' and 'it's' ...although 'it's' should only exist because it is an abbeviation!!
  • RedSparrows 28 Oct 2012 19:25:13 22,906 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Plutocrats thinking they can bypass government.

YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT
  • Lamb 28 Oct 2012 20:52:15 474 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well the Pink Moa doesn't seem to do much. :p :D
  • Mola_Ram 9 Nov 2012 01:14:18 7,447 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    When, in response to someone disagreeing with something, a person goes "you don't get it", or "you just don't get it", or "looks like someone just doesn't get it", as if just saying that is enough to win an argument.

I've seen this quite a lot on EG recently, and it's beginning to shit me.
  • kickerconspiracy 9 Nov 2012 01:22:38 494 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ticking clocks.

Drives me fucking mental, especially if there's one of the twats in the room I'm trying to sleep in.
  • catterz 9 Nov 2012 02:13:34 8,763 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Mola_Ram Make me a coffee and fuck off!

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• Mola_Ram 9 Nov 2012 02:19:28 7,447 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    /wees in coffee
  • Mola_Ram 9 Nov 2012 02:23:03 7,447 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    /also wees in catterz's coffee
  • catterz 9 Nov 2012 02:27:49 8,763 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yea, weeing in your own coffee is never good.

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• dufftownallan 2 Dec 2012 13:06:18 4,725 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    should "of" instead of should've.

also a petty one but i've seen it here a couple of times; when people acronymise something without context. for example, if there's a new thread about comedy panel shows and someone writes "hignfy is really good", most people would know it stands for 'have I got news for you' but to the uninitiated it requires doing an internet search just because someone was too lazy to type out the full name.
  • Load_2.0 2 Dec 2012 13:40:53 19,358 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Women's bags and shopping!

Yes the train/tube is crowded, yes I have a seat next to a pole and yes you are squished up in close proximity to me. But dangling your massive handbag over my lap is not ok, not only does it occasionally tea-bag me like a giant leather ballsack but now I can't read my paper.

Also woman with a bag full of shoes, a giant handbag and loads of shopping, the guard is telling you to step back because all your shit is up against the edge of the platform, so rather than getting ripped off the platform and dragged down the tunnel, how about you step the fuck back behind the yellow line, don't pull a face and don't get mushed.

Edited by Load_2.0 at 13:42:18 02-12-2012
  • skuzzbag 2 Dec 2012 16:16:52 5,648 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    dufftownallan wrote:

also a petty one but i've seen it here a couple of times; when people acronymise something without context. for example, if there's a new thread about comedy panel shows and someone writes "hignfy is really good", most people would know it stands for 'have I got news for you' but to the uninitiated it requires doing an internet search just because someone was too lazy to type out the full name.
    Of course when correcting punctuation it has more impact if you use correct punctuation yourself. ;)

If you use a proper browser like Firefox then to search the web for an acronym is as simple as double-clicking the word to highlight it, then right clicking and selecting "Search Google for ".
  • thelzdking 2 Dec 2012 18:49:56 4,367 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Spaghetti: too annoyingly difficult to eat.
  • cubbymoore 2 Dec 2012 19:10:48 36,497 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have a low threshold of tolerance towards almost anything if I'm trying to get anywhere.

People who are on the same pavement as me and invariably will get in my way. Embarrassingly I've caught myself muttering loudly when this happens, but it is ridiculous how often people just take up a pavement without thinking if anyone needs to get by and might have to go into the road to do so.

Cars that have the fucking temerity to be travelling across a road I want to cross.

Cars that just seem to slow down to the exact speed where it's not possible to cross without being run over, but ensure the car behind has been given enough time to catch up so I'm now standing there for ages.

People who use the ticket machines at the train station who don't know what they're doing. I arrive usually with ten minutes to get a ticket, but on weekends that can be blown to shot just by one old biddy trying to use the search function on a touch screen to find Worthing. I've missed god knows how many trains due to this in the last few weeks. I've even given myself more time and still been done over. And even if you order online you have to collect tickets from the damned machines.
  • dufftownallan 2 Dec 2012 19:48:14 4,725 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    skuzzbag wrote:
    dufftownallan wrote:

Of course when correcting punctuation it has more impact if you use correct punctuation yourself. ;)

If you use a proper browser like Firefox then to search the web for an acronym is as simple as double-clicking the word to highlight it, then right clicking and selecting "Search Google for ".
    it's not really punctuation though, it's using an entirely different word just because of a phonetic sound. not using capital letters doesn't detract from the meaning of my words.

and the acronym thing is more about courtesy, it is easy enough to look it up but there are some acronyms that may have multiple... things it stands for (sorry, just woken up and couldn't be more eloquent there!) I really don't mind if it's been referenced before or if it's obvious what the acronym is,
  • Khanivor 2 Dec 2012 20:11:06 40,859 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    People, usually women, who get to the end of the checkout process and discover that they are going to have to pay for everything they just bought.

This new revelation in how you live has them then opening their bag and rumagging around for whatever holds the form of payment they were completely not expecting to have to use while they stood there gormlessly looking at the cashier for the last few minutes.
  • ibenam 2 Dec 2012 20:21:11 1,438 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The person I sit next to at work must answer "cosmic" when she is asked on the phone if she is ok.

She apparently does this because it has a dual meaning of good and bad.

How do I know this reason?

Because she has fucking explained it to me many many times RAGE!
  • smoothpete 2 Dec 2012 20:23:36 31,536 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Small one first - when people use the microwave in a communal kitchen, and take their food out early there is like 24 seconds left on the clock but they don't reset the clock. Just reset the fucking clock. That microwave is poised, ready to delivery its last 24 seconds of magical heat. Reset the fucking clock! Also it makes me double take that the time might in fact be 00:24.

Air travel. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST IS THIS YOUR FIRST TIME ON A PLANE???/ fFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK.

YES the belt you are wearing is metal. SHOCK. And yes, that massive handful of change will set off the metal detector WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU THINK IT WAS MADE OF. Coming in to land everyone, seats up, tray tables up, ipods off. But EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME some CUNTS needs reminding. Sir can you switch that off please. Sir can you put your seat up please. for the love of god how hard can it possibly be. Flight crew must have the patience of saints. Seriously if I had tell 50 idiots the same thing every day that they KNOW already and have been TOLD multiple times... Actually it should work like natural selection. Seats to the upright position please!. Oh, sir is your seat not in the upright position? Fucking ejector seat then, boom. Jettison the twats into the channel.
  • bladdard 2 Dec 2012 20:41:14 954 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    This, and eating with chopsticks. Why should eating your dinner be like taking a test?
  • Deleted user 2 December 2012 20:52:24
    Chopsticks are easy. You just use them basically as a shovel with the plate close to the face, rather than treating them as replacement forks.
  • bladdard 2 Dec 2012 20:56:20 954 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    People who are on the same pavement as me and invariably will get in my way. Embarrassingly I've caught myself muttering loudly when this happens, but it is ridiculous how often people just take up a pavement without thinking if anyone needs to get by and might have to go into the road to do so.
    In some parts of continental Europe where the populous don't have the personal space issues Brits have they all pretty much barge, brush and knock into each other all the time without anger or repercussion. During a particular visit to Oktoberfest "friends" i went with decided to join in the spirit and barged our German friends all over Munich. They turned it into a sport with points for artistic impression and each time they barged, the Germans happily ignored them and carried on walking. I found it very embarrassing and being a coward tried to lie low during the stupidity.

Edited by bladdard at 20:59:45 02-12-2012
  • localnotail 2 Dec 2012 21:07:58 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Balloons and dogs.

Wait, that's what my pet hates.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• PhoenixFlames 2 Dec 2012 21:10:25 9,072 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Spin it with a fork on a spoon. Simples.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• RobTheBuilder 2 Dec 2012 21:14:29 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @bladdard Chopsticks are great for the foods they are designed for!
  • localnotail 2 Dec 2012 21:18:58 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't like spaghetti either. It has no place with bolognese sauce. Tagliatelle would be more appropriate, and it's nicer. Spaghetti is too rubbery.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Page

of 35 First / Last