Cry On

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • LeD 28 Jan 2007 10:37:10 6,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A bit more info has filtered from Famitsu regarding Sakaguchi next Action RPG for the 3sexy. The game will be developed by Sakaguchi's studio Mistwalker in collaboration with Artoon. Artoon was chosen over Cavia after their good work on Blue Dragon. Character Design has been taken off Kimihiko Fujisaka of Drakengard fame and given over to Manabu Kusunoki (Panzer Dragoon).
    You can sample his style in this new artwork.

In the same Famitsu interview, we learn that Blue Dragon will be translated in 8 languages, including subtitles and voices.

Mistwalker release schedule should go like this:
    -Archaic Sealed Heat (Nintendo DS)
    -Lost Odyssey
    -Cry On
    It's worth noting that Sakaguchi is already talking about a Blue Dragon sequel.
  • tumbleweed 29 Jan 2007 17:11:17 517 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /tumbles through the ghetto

YO WASSUP BITCH!

/caps LeD

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

/scarpers

.....@
  • SirScratchalot 29 Jan 2007 17:12:49 7,877 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Heard anything about sealed heat since that first batch of screens were released?
    I'm curious about the gameplay see!
  • ecu 29 Jan 2007 18:03:45 77,234 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    rotj wrote:
    /shameless C&P from another thread

Cry On? Another JRPG?

/adds to list

\0/

Who needs a PlayStation for such games, when Xbox 360 is delivering plenty, alongside it's more established fare? A few more third person action-adventure games, in the vein of Resident Evil 5, Devil May Cry 4, Too Human, Ninja Gaiden 2, Splinter Cell 5, Assassin's Creed, and so on, and Microsoft's victory will be complete!

/plays Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360.

o wait..
  • Clive_Dunn 29 Jan 2007 18:04:42 4,785 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why hasn't this fool been banned ?
  • djchump 29 Jan 2007 19:02:33 4,463 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hold on, wasn't albundy/rotj just recently flaming the fuck out of JRPGs and declaring anyone who liked them as snobs, because "western" RPGs like KoTOR are so much better? Or did I imagine that?
    And now he's done a complete about turn as soon as a JRPG is announced for his beloved Xbox360 even though he *doesn't actually own one*.... ?
  • Lukus 29 Jan 2007 19:07:50 19,363 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This yearning for Japanese games, as if they are a higher form of art or something, really bugs me. Have these Jap lovers not played Dynasty Warriors? For if they had, they'd learn pretty sharpish that 'Japanese game' is hardly an automatic byword for indisputable quality.

Paintings & Photographs

• Lukus 29 Jan 2007 19:11:38 19,363 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    rotj wrote:
    Woah, Lukey, that's a bit of a stretch isn't it? Never said Japanese games are "better" or anything. Surely I've made my position on 'em quite clear in the past? Just that it's nice to have some JRPG's on the Xbox 360, without need of a PlayStation. That's all. I'd expect better from you Lukus than strawman arguments...

:/
    This is quite hilrious. I've quoted that from another thread. YOU wrote it!

Paintings & Photographs

• Hunam85 29 Jan 2007 19:11:56 4,114 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeD wrote:3sexy

Never do that again.
  • Lukus 29 Jan 2007 19:14:16 19,363 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    rotj wrote:
    Lukus wrote:
    rotj wrote:
    Woah, Lukey, that's a bit of a stretch isn't it? Never said Japanese games are "better" or anything. Surely I've made my position on 'em quite clear in the past? Just that it's nice to have some JRPG's on the Xbox 360, without need of a PlayStation. That's all. I'd expect better from you Lukus than strawman arguments...

O_o

Oh, indeed, you're right. I only skimmed 'your' post the first time, but upon deeper inspection, I do recall writing that. My humblest apologies...
    Amusing, right?

Paintings & Photographs

• Deleted user 29 January 2007 19:16:20
    Oh dear god. Another rotj thread.

The sweepstake for this thread is to guess how many times he'll type out a list of every upcoming 360 release he can think of.
  • Deleted user 29 January 2007 19:18:05
    Hunam85 wrote:

Never do that again.

Heh. I thought exactly the same thing.

On another, slightly more dull point; how do comments like 'Who needs a PlayStation for such games' and 'Microsoft's victory will be complete' not constitute a very obvious attempt at dragging a thread off into a Sony vs. MS flamewar?
  • Hunam85 29 Jan 2007 19:21:38 4,114 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You Read the thread? I read to that word, and realised it was two Xbox fanboys wanking each other off for a while.

I love the whole Xbox exprience in must say, im in that crowd who buys the big games and the big names sans review for it, but this is just a microssexual love fest.
  • mcmonkeyplc 29 Jan 2007 19:24:55 39,515 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Down with JRPG's on the 360!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• LeD 29 Jan 2007 19:25:41 6,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hunam85 wrote:

Never do that again.

Ok. Sorry. I got carried away.
  • djchump 29 Jan 2007 19:33:59 4,463 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    rotj wrote:
    Lukus wrote:
    rotj wrote:

O_o

Oh, indeed, you're right. I only skimmed 'your' post the first time, but upon deeper inspection, I do recall writing that. My humblest apologies...
    Amusing, right?
    heh, nice one Lukus :-)
    Lovely self-pwn albundy/rotj - you really are a hypocritical idiot.
  • Tonka 29 Jan 2007 23:11:04 21,188 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeD: Could you please refrain from posting interesting news in a while. You have become a magnet for thread degeneration.

/thanks

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• ilmaestro 29 Jan 2007 23:54:51 32,472 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can I pretend that there's only the first post so far in this thread? Good.

WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!H!HH!HH!!H!HHH!H!HHHHHHTTTTTT!!!!!

How did I not know that Artoon were in on this now? Outstanding news after Blue Dragon was so good.

And like SirScratchalot says, they really should release some info of any variety on ASH, because I get the feeling it's just going to drop onto shelves and get overlooked otherwise.

• LeD 30 Jan 2007 00:03:07 6,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    Can I pretend that there's only the first post so far in this thread? Good.

WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!H!HH!HH!!H!HHH!H!HHHHHHTTTTTT!!!!!

How did I not know that Artoon were in on this now? Outstanding news after Blue Dragon was so good.

And like SirScratchalot says, they really should release some info of any variety on ASH, because I get the feeling it's just going to drop onto shelves and get overlooked otherwise.

The bit I posted is just a translation of a news item on jeux-france.com, who themselves translated from a Famitsu interview. There might be more info in that issue regarding the DS game, if you have access to it.
  • ilmaestro 30 Jan 2007 00:09:07 32,472 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I will have on Thursday or Friday, the place I get Famitsu from takes about a week to get it to me.

• Super_Zee 30 Jan 2007 09:46:40 2,110 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I cannot begin to tell you how much I've enjoyed this thread.

Outstanding work, Lukus.

Edited by Super_Zee at 09:46:58 30-01-2007
  • Stickman 30 Jan 2007 09:51:05 29,664 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This thread makes me happy!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 30 Jan 2007 10:01:19 29,664 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    rotj, yesterday.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 30 Jan 2007 10:03:47 29,664 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    rojt, circa 1845.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• silentbob 30 Jan 2007 10:09:21 29,025 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Festive rotj. Xmas '06.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• cuppaTea 30 Jan 2007 10:13:23 185 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    rotj wrote:
    What's so funny about it? I only skim-read Lukus' post in the first place, and even so, my position has never changed, not even once. I do not hate Japanese games. Never have. What a ridiculous assumption to make. Is Pro Evolution Soccer not Japanese? I only hate the cunts that are like "Jap gamez pwnz wes7 gamez lolol!!1!!" And to them I say, "WRONG!" Some Japanese games are good, some are not so good. And I stand by that.

But damn, I'm glad all these JRPG's are coming to the Xbox 360. It provides choice, options, and means I need not even contemplate buying a PlayStation 3, ever, because JRPG's were about all the PS2 really had over the Xbox. Therefore, what I wrote, and what Lukus re-posted, concurs with that position exactly.

I like good games, regardless where they come from. It's the snobby, elitist, supremist crowd that I can't stand. The artsy, schmartsy fools who equate all of Japan to Okami, SotC, Ico, etc, and neglect to acknowledge the existence of Beyond Good & Evil, Psychonauts, etc, as if Westerners don't make visceral and artistic games.

That's all, so your guffawing is only making you all look a bit childish. It's the mantle-placing of Japanese games that pisses me off. Not the actual games themselves. Even though I initially mistook Lukus' statement as his own, I have yet to contradict its sentiment, which was that Japanese games are not the be all and end all, so I suggest you all grow up. I'm a long way from having being "pwned".

:p

Edited by rotj at 10:01:18 30-01-2007

I just wanted to keep this one for all eternity.
  • Youthist 30 Jan 2007 10:17:22 10,057 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    cuppaTea wrote:
    rotj wrote:
    I'm a long way from having being "pwned".

:p

Edited by rotj at 10:01:18 30-01-2007

I just wanted to keep this one for all eternity.

I have to say it is of the highest possible quality. I think I love the
    "...and means I need not even contemplate buying a PlayStation 3, ever, because...."

bit the best. But there is so much to choose from! You can almost see the hate and anger in his eyes when even thinking about Sony. Class!

Edited by Youthist at 10:17:53 30-01-2007

Edited by Youthist at 10:18:30 30-01-2007

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• silentbob 30 Jan 2007 10:34:21 29,025 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As rotj would put it ':-D' !!

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous