Eve Online - Corporation recruitment

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • InfiniteFury 26 Jan 2007 15:09:10 864 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    (I have tried to find the thread I wanted but I can't see it and I just thought I'd start a new one as I remember the old one being pretty bloated)

Basically I played Eve Online for about 2 weeks back end of last year and would have stuck around until I realised I was doing the same 15 missions over and over again and I was going to have to join a Corporation to get on with the game.

As soon as I put a request in the game for joining a Corp, I was spammed and spammed relentlessly with no explanation about what the corporation was about, what I wanted from it and so on and so on. In the end I gave up and went back to Warcraft....

...which I'm now done with finally and I want to get back into Eve. I posted my dilemma on here a while back and someone said they had a great Corp who would help show me the ropes and get me into the game proper. I don't know who that was, can't remember and I can't find my post.

So, if you're in a good Corp and don't mind helping well-meaning noobs learn the game, please let me know and I'll look you up in the game.
  • pauleyc 26 Jan 2007 15:15:44 4,459 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A corporation is basically a guild - people that do something together (like PvP or ratting) and help each other (ISK, watching a miner's back). It's not necessary to join a corp but is might make the game easier. Personally, I'm still soloing but from what I've gathered EVE University is a friendly starting corp, maybe you could look up their channel.
  • InfiniteFury 26 Jan 2007 15:18:38 864 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh I definitely want the multiplayer content (always guilded and played with other players in WoW) - I was just hoping for a little bit more from the single player until I had confidence/replacement-ship-ISK/a better understand of what the hell I was doing.

So I was more than a little bit disappointed when I realised I'd tapped the solo content (as far as I could tell) after a week or so.

It's not exactly user friendly - and fantastically so - and I just didn't want to join a Corp only to screw something basic up, look like a complete space-tard and end up slinking off into the background never to be seen again.

I'll look up their channel pauley and I'll probably do the same with your mate Fluffy, thanks.

Edited by InfiniteFury at 15:19:39 26-01-2007
  • El_MUERkO 26 Jan 2007 15:20:30 17,026 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    i'm pootling about safe space levelling skills and doing the odd mission in my ferox, i tend to leave it on the telly while i browse cause the music is relaxing :)
  • pauleyc 26 Jan 2007 15:21:36 4,459 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And you could always contact the guys from this thread. :-)

Although I really hope that Ginger isn't really that Ginger Magician that has been camping the Obalyu gate for the past 4 days or so. >:-(

Edited by pauleyc at 15:22:19 26-01-2007
  • El_MUERkO 26 Jan 2007 15:28:09 17,026 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    can someone explain the rules of engagement to me in the different security areas, i'd really like to kill some people but i'm unsure what i'm allowed to do and where, or even who i should be killing :/
  • InfiniteFury 26 Jan 2007 15:33:28 864 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I should probably wait for someone more knowledgeable to come along but in very rough terms I believe....

1.0-0.6 space is pretty well protected and if you attack in here, the NPC turrets and patrollers are likely to home in on you and kill you

0.5-0.1 less NPC protection, more likely to get killed and easier to do the killing - but there's still some protection, less as you get nearer to 0.1

0.0 - Noobs-bane

Edited by InfiniteFury at 15:34:05 26-01-2007
  • El_MUERkO 26 Jan 2007 15:49:01 17,026 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    will the gate and station guards come looking for you if you kill someone at an asteroid belt?

am i forever hated by the guards for killing someone or is there a PvP flag?

the only time I've PvP'd was when i was vaporised by people in bigger ships than me :(
  • pauleyc 26 Jan 2007 15:52:45 4,459 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    InfiniteFury, correct. The main difference for 0.5 sec space and less is that CONCORD (the EVE police) won't intervene if you are attacked; the only protection is available at bases or gates, though gate guns can be tanked.

And remember the main rule of EVE: never fly a ship you can't afford to replace.

edit: El_Muerko, I think the sentries will only fire at you if you commit a crime within their range. However, any crime or offense will cause a security status loss for your character and AFAIK pilots with a sec standing of -5.0 (or was that -10.0?) or less are not allowed in 1.0 space as CONCORD will shoot on sight.

Edited by pauleyc at 15:55:49 26-01-2007
  • El_MUERkO 26 Jan 2007 16:00:09 17,026 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    can you get your sec status up again via missions or time or something?

and how much do you lose for killing some random?

Edited by El_MUERkO at 16:02:53 26-01-2007
  • pauleyc 26 Jan 2007 16:05:29 4,459 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No missions nor time, but NPC pirate hunting in belts should work.

Anyway, here are the travelling limits:

* Players with -2.0 or worse cannot enter 1.0 systems
    * Players with -2.5 or worse cannot enter 0.9 systems
    * Players with -3.0 or worse cannot enter 0.8 systems
    * Players with -3.5 or worse cannot enter 0.7 systems
    * Players with -4.0 or worse cannot enter 0.6 systems
    * Players with -4.5 or worse cannot enter 0.5 systems

Once your security status reaches -5 you are considered an outlaw and can be attacked by players anywhere without CONCORD intervention (from 'ere).
  • Ginger 26 Jan 2007 16:08:06 6,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    pauleyc wrote:
    And you could always contact the guys from this thread. :-)

Although I really hope that Ginger isn't really that Ginger Magician that has been camping the Obalyu gate for the past 4 days or so. >:-(

Edited by pauleyc at 15:22:19 26-01-2007
    Not me, I can promise you that

Edit: 0.5 is safe space, 0.4 and lower is unsafe. Drop me a mail in game - Bigby, not that I get time much these days :(

Edited by Ginger at 16:09:23 26-01-2007

London open taekwondo champion

• pauleyc 26 Jan 2007 16:14:30 4,459 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks, I was hoping it wasn't you. :-)

Actually my own stupidity (since I didn't check the map stats) cost me an Iteron IV, two frigates and a whole load of equipment.

El_Muerko, I've no idea what the loss is but it's probably rather small and incremental (with pod killing being the worst).
  • Pompeybear 26 Jan 2007 23:38:49 454 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nice one, glad to see people leaving that muppet show WOW, and playing a game that requires a bit of thought .

*gets tin hat after that statement

Anyway, as i have said before in previous EVE threads if you need any help contact me in game (Jark Mennings) . Have been playing since 2005 so have a bit of experience and if i dont know the answer i can point you in the direction of someone who can.

Edited by Pompeybear at 23:39:49 26-01-2007
  • Liquidium 30 Jan 2007 16:29:23 3 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know Telkanes Serkant!

He's my PVP Director in Raddick Explorations!

LOL thats mental Small world!

RDEX is a 100man plus corp Its a good laugh our vents chat is what has me staying in the corp!

I even left for a whole PVP corp for a while but found RDEX to be friendlier.

(And a ship replacement program for PVP losses)

:)

• InfiniteFury 31 Jan 2007 12:13:21 864 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Unfortunately, this one's passed me by now as since I played in November they've patched something which has taken by FPS down from 60+ in battle to around 10-15 just outside quiet stations so....nope.
  • pauleyc 31 Jan 2007 12:21:17 4,459 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Really? That's unfortunate; I didn't get any performance hits. Did you try cleaning the EVE\cache\MachoNet folder? There's a patch scheduled for today that is supposed to fix several minor issues.
  • InfiniteFury 1 Feb 2007 12:34:44 864 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Unfortunately so, I actually went to the extent of a full clean Windows install, all updated drivers, and a fresh install of the latest build of Eve. The patch on top did nothing in the end.

I'm told by fellow sufferers that it's an issue with the new seamless map. Don't get me wrong It's bad all the time, but once I've used the map a couple of times, it's time for a full re-start, it's daft.

This is on a P4 3.2ghz, 2Gig RAM and a Radeon 800XT. Not the uber-ist of rigs but when you also consider that it worked perfectly before Revelations, it's annoying to say the least.

Edited by InfiniteFury at 12:35:31 01-02-2007
  • El_MUERkO 1 Feb 2007 12:47:11 17,026 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    finished training battlecruisers 4 and now have 3.1 million skill points :)
  • pauleyc 1 Feb 2007 13:01:50 4,459 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fury, sound like you're right about the seamless map issue, it's already posted on the official forum (by you perhaps? ;-).

El_Muerko: show-off. :-D
  • souljah 1 Feb 2007 13:07:56 4,701 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    El_MUERkO wrote:
    finished training battlecruisers 4 and now have 3.1 million skill points :)

I had just finished battleships 5 and large beams just before I quit.

If I thought for an instance I could mess around in eve without getting sucked into it again, I'd be in like a shot. :(
  • Ginger 1 Feb 2007 13:37:59 6,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    InfiniteFury wrote:
    Unfortunately so, I actually went to the extent of a full clean Windows install, all updated drivers, and a fresh install of the latest build of Eve. The patch on top did nothing in the end.

I'm told by fellow sufferers that it's an issue with the new seamless map. Don't get me wrong It's bad all the time, but once I've used the map a couple of times, it's time for a full re-start, it's daft.

This is on a P4 3.2ghz, 2Gig RAM and a Radeon 800XT. Not the uber-ist of rigs but when you also consider that it worked perfectly before Revelations, it's annoying to say the least.

Edited by InfiniteFury at 12:35:31 01-02-2007
    Wierd,

Works fine on my centrino laptop with integrated gfx. Well, fine is not quite the right word, but it's stable - until the gfx driver causes a blue screen every few hours :)

London open taekwondo champion

• InfiniteFury 1 Feb 2007 14:04:36 864 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    pauleyc wrote:
    Fury, sound like you're right about the seamless map issue, it's already posted on the official forum (by you perhaps? ;-).

El_Muerko: show-off. :-D

Yes I've had a good fucking moan on the official forums under the same login as here to no avail.

I've just annoyingly had to accept it and go back to WoW unfortunately. If it gets fixed in the future I'll be delighted as I really want to get into Eve.

Edit - hmmmm, when I checked after the patch, the stars were still there without opening the map. Maybe they've hotfixed it since then because the guy in the first post there doesn't have them on start up.

Edited by InfiniteFury at 14:06:55 01-02-2007
  • InfiniteFury 17 Jul 2007 18:49:04 864 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /raises from the dead.

So, they seem to have fixed whatever problems I had with the seamless map and I'm settling back into the game now. Anyone interested in teaming up or can give me a spot in their noob-friendly Corporation please?

• James-Caldari 18 Jul 2007 12:34:44 2,103 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If anyone from the old INCOM corp want to startup again (I looking at you Uncle Lou, Mingster) let me know. I got an e-mail from CCP saying I can return with my stats intact, and I'm sorely tempted.

I'm also sore - but that's another story.
  • FWB 18 Jul 2007 12:37:14 44,575 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    EVE... eh? Got an email telling me my character from 4 years ago is still in limbo. I'll come back only if Errol does.
  • James-Caldari 18 Jul 2007 13:48:26 2,103 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    EVE... eh? Got an email telling me my character from 4 years ago is still in limbo. I'll come back only if Errol does.

But Errol (aka Nicholas Marshall) stole all the Corp's money!

/shakes fist at picture of Errol.

Still, our side-venture, 'Probes of Uranus', is going well.
  • FWB 18 Jul 2007 13:50:55 44,575 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Exactly. I think I had quit by that time but I was around in the forums. Ohh the politics.
  • James-Caldari 18 Jul 2007 14:04:27 2,103 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Exactly. I think I had quit by that time but I was around in the forums. Ohh the politics.

What eventually put me off Eve was that the restrictions on which areas I could safely enter weren't (just) based on my level, but dictated by other players.

Some may feel that having players determine if you can enter 'their space' a great idea, but I found it really aggrevating. Especially when the person dictating where I could go was some arrogant 15 year old on a power trip.
  • FWB 18 Jul 2007 14:13:02 44,575 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Heh. True... but there was also something neat about running player made blockades.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous