PS3 FAQ - Ask all questions in here! Page 119

• Page

of 120 First / Last

• Moot_Point 30 Nov 2013 13:32:00 3,983 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You could always trust Sony with your credit cards details, of course. Hoho!

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• steve242526 30 Nov 2013 13:32:37 132 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Afraid so, it's to counter the card fees and make it worth while to sell things for a few quid.
    Damn it ! Cheers for the quick answer. Gonna have to bite the bullet. Although there's a good couple of bargains in the sale today. Back to the Future just over £3 and Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade about the same price. Just a 17gb size though so still on the fence with that one. Ive only got a 160gb machine ! ��
  • PhoenixFlames 7 Dec 2013 15:45:47 8,945 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Time for a stupid question...there are two versions of the PS3 controller right? The Sixaxis is the shit one?

PSN - phoenix1flames

• TheMayorOfJugs 7 Dec 2013 15:48:03 3,379 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @PhoenixFlames The just sixaxis one is light and doesn't vibrate. You want the Dualshock 3 with sixaxis.
  • OptimusPube 7 Dec 2013 15:51:47 2,973 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I don't think you can even buy the lighter sixaxis one anymore, I'm sure if you do see one in store it will be covered in thick dust.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• PhoenixFlames 7 Dec 2013 15:55:37 8,945 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    @PhoenixFlames The just sixaxis one is light and doesn't vibrate. You want the Dualshock 3 with sixaxis.
    Thanks. That's what I have now and it's a bit shit. So it has to say "Dualshock 3" on it?

PSN - phoenix1flames

• TheMayorOfJugs 7 Dec 2013 15:57:49 3,379 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @PhoenixFlames Ya that's what you want. The older one is fine but feels a bit off because it's so light.
  • PhoenixFlames 7 Dec 2013 15:58:06 8,945 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks!

PSN - phoenix1flames

• OptimusPube 7 Dec 2013 15:58:11 2,973 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yes it does say dual shock 3 on it.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• OptimusPube 7 Dec 2013 15:58:36 2,973 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    As well as sixaxis.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• quadfather 6 Feb 2014 13:11:32 11,991 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can someone please help me?

I'm trying to setup the ps3 to automatically download games via the app on the phone, but it just says, "Waiting" for the games.

I assume that if you setup the ps3 correctly, you can buy a game on psn, and it wakes up your ps3 and installs it ready for when you get home? Is that how it works, or does it just wait until the Automatic Update timeslot is activated?

According to sony -

You need to switch on four settings to use auto-download. If another local user switches on Auto local user log in on your console, this will switch it off for your local user account.

Auto local user log in
    Log in with your Image (Local user) and press Image (Triangle button). Select ‘Automatic Login’ and press Image (X button).

Right, where the fuck is this?

Auto “PSN” sign in
    Go to Image (“PSN”) > Image (Sign In) > Select ‘Sign In Automatically (Auto Sign-In), press Image (X button) to place a tick and then sign in.

As soon as I do this, it tells me that it's turned off auto download. Why? Surely I need auto download enabled, to fucking auto download things?

Auto download
    Go to Image (Settings) > [System Settings] > [Automatic Update] > [On].

And when I do this to enable it again, it turns of the fucking auto psn sign in

Switch on stand-by mode
    Press and hold the PS button, select ‘Turn off console’. The power indicator will turn red.

Probably the only thing I've managed to do

Edited by quadfather at 13:13:28 06-02-2014

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• TheMayorOfJugs 6 Feb 2014 13:20:50 3,379 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Your log in is over on the very left quaddy.
    Highlight the image with your name beside it and press triangle to bring up the auto login menu.

The auto settings turning eachother off I can't help you with.

(Looks sullenly at dusty vizzini signal :-( )
  • oldschoolsoviet 6 Feb 2014 13:26:56 5,460 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Like this....

Bearski is my main account, and the other pics are US/JP/AUS accounts.
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2014 13:28:50 11,991 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @TheMayorOfJugs

Nice one, thanks.

I did scroll over to the left and pressed triangle at some point, but it can't have been the right place because it brought up jack

Maybe that'll help out with the other settings

Does anyone know if this method will wake up the ps3 and auto download stuff you've just brought, or whether it just downloads them according to the auto download time slot ?

• oldschoolsoviet 6 Feb 2014 13:38:43 5,460 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trying to remember PSP Remote Play, and that would automatically wake-up the PS3 on request using similar options, so it might work.

Good test if you're wired is to set the PS3 up wirelessly, as the green wifi LED will remain on when you switch it off. Then set up the wired connection again, set up the auto options, standby, and try purchasing a free avatar or theme via the app. Should be a few in the Plus section.
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2014 14:17:48 11,991 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Like this....

Bearski is my main account, and the other pics are US/JP/AUS accounts.
    Thanks for that. Hmm, I'm sure I went there, but I obviously did something wrong. I'll try again

And yeah, I'll do a test to see if I can get it to wake up

ta

• dnbuk 6 Mar 2014 18:08:12 4,943 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just got (another) PS3 today and every time I try to login to my Amazon Prime account on the PS3 app it says the email & password combo is wrong.

Anyone know what's going on?

Edited by dnbuk at 18:18:53 06-03-2014
  • Flying_Pig 6 Mar 2014 18:46:51 10,895 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @dnbuk - I assume the previous user is still logged on to Amazon prime...? There must be a way to log them off or maybe delete the app?
  • dnbuk 6 Mar 2014 19:04:19 4,943 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Flying_Pig I already tried deleting and re-downloading but it still says the same thing. Can I delete their profile from the PS3? I'm logged into mine but theirs still shows up in the profiles list.
  • monkman76 12 Mar 2014 14:07:55 4,182 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    With some Blurays, my PS3 remembers where I left a film even if I eject the disc (magic!). But with others (recent examples are The Terminator and The Dark Knight) it doesn't even remember where I was if I just press stop and then play again - they reset to the start of the film. What gives? Is my PS3 playing up or do different Blurays work differently?
  • steve242526 13 Mar 2014 17:36:56 132 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just wanna check something. Had to replace my PS3 today with another pre owned one at Game. Just setting it up now and putting in my details. Got my account connected and my PS+ showing up but I cant see my saves that were saved to the cloud showing up. Do I need to do anything in particular to get them back again ? Im hoping I havent lost it all !
  • X201 13 Mar 2014 17:59:48 15,274 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Go into the cloud saves option and download them.

Failing that.manually upload a save and that may force it.

Edited by X201 at 18:02:35 13-03-2014
  • steve242526 13 Mar 2014 19:23:18 132 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers for that ! Its started downloading them slowly just now. Still missing my gta v saves but Ive not tried playing it yet so will check on that one tomorrow. Many thanks X201 !
  • steve242526 14 Mar 2014 13:53:15 132 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Right got most of my saves back. Minecraft wasn't there to start with but i started the game, saved it then went back to the online storage and it kick started a bunch of other saves back. Im still missing Littlebigplanet 2 and most of all The Last of Us saves. Tried the same trick with that as I did with Minecraft but its still not turned up. Any ideas why ? Loved the game but may trade it in as I dont relish going through it all again If I have to start all over.
  • monkman76 14 Mar 2014 14:18:55 4,182 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    With some Blurays, my PS3 remembers where I left a film even if I eject the disc (magic!). But with others (recent examples are The Terminator and The Dark Knight) it doesn't even remember where I was if I just press stop and then play again - they reset to the start of the film. What gives? Is my PS3 playing up or do different Blurays work differently?
    Blu-mp
  • Short-Round 14 Mar 2014 14:45:29 1,181 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    monkman76 wrote:
    Blu-mp
    I've noticed the same, I just figured each blu-ray was different in what kind of info it caches to the PS3. One thing I've learnt is never press 'stop' or 'play' during a film, in case it forgets where you were. Assuming you have the media remote, if you want to stop the film for a break, always press the 'Top Menu' button, which obviously takes you to the films menu. Then when you want to resume, press the same button again and it always remembers where you were.
  • monkman76 14 Mar 2014 15:08:20 4,182 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Short-Round wrote:
    I've noticed the same, I just figured each blu-ray was different in what kind of info it caches to the PS3. One thing I've learnt is never press 'stop' or 'play' during a film, in case it forgets where you were. Assuming you have the media remote, if you want to stop the film for a break, always press the 'Top Menu' button, which obviously takes you to the films menu. Then when you want to resume, press the same button again and it always remembers where you were.
    Great tip, thanks, yeah I've got the remote.
  • mrpon 14 Mar 2014 17:56:07 28,774 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Never had this problem with VHS.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• steve242526 19 Mar 2014 15:35:42 132 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I know its been out a few years now, but what's the general opinion on Play TV ? I'm looking at picking one up cheapish on eBay and just need something for general recording and could really do with a better/faster EPG than what my TVs got. Anybody still using theirs ?
  • X201 19 Mar 2014 15:59:12 15,274 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The general is that its OK and works fine.

It doesn't do HD.

And there is some right old bitching about the updates above 2.0

As long as you get the original install disc you can always try and downgrade from any updates to the original disc version.
  • Page

of 120 First / Last