PS3 FAQ - Ask all questions in here! Page 5

• Page

of 120 First / Last

• Hughes. 19 Jan 2007 01:12:10 2,812 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Everybody happy?

The question still includes the bit about Asian territory consoles not supporting online, with nothing about it in the answer. Seems fine otherwise.

Perfect.

Edited by Hughes. at 01:18:21 19-01-2007
  • Dirtbox 19 Jan 2007 01:19:11 77,483 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ta.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Dirtbox 19 Jan 2007 01:28:06 77,483 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Holy shit, I was just looking at the pricing chart and Denmark has to pay $930 for the 60gb one.

What the...?

Are they normally this shafted?

• TripSkyway 19 Jan 2007 01:36:17 2,584 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bloody hell.
  • ilmaestro 19 Jan 2007 03:56:03 32,406 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    ilmaestro wrote:
    The first post in that thread would be absolutely superb, Barton, if it was up to date. Could be a useful template for someone to adjust as we get closer to the UK launch.
    You're my shining beacon of hope for the PS3 mentality, being the only person I know who owns one, has some sense and a grasp of a human language.

I hope you're going to help me out with this thread once it all kicks off.

Edited by Dirtbox at 00:21:48 19-01-2007
    Of course! My 'I've got a PS3' thread was great while it was keeping itself going, but it's snaked all over the place now so this thread will hopefully become something nice, concise and useful for the mods to link to once all the stupid question threads start (carry on?) popping up.

• TripSkyway 19 Jan 2007 04:26:04 2,584 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Q: What can I do with my PSP once it's connected?
    A: You can use it as a browser and some games use it for extra functionality such as GT Hi-def which allows you to use it as a rear view mirror.
    Didn't know you could rear view mirror in GT HD, might give that a bash, for the sake of curiosity. Though why you need a rear view mirror on a time trail based game I don't know.

The PSP connects to the 60gbs wireless adapter, and let's you use some of the dashboard features like music, video files(not Blue Ray/DVD) and the friends list.

How to do this as well as most other PS3 functions is detailed in the quite handy online PS3 user guide
  • Dirtbox 19 Jan 2007 04:38:42 77,483 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll add that lot, Trip - cheers! I didn't know about the rear view until I looked into more stuff to add for the guide, i've just spent the last couple of hours searching for random stuff and came across the E3 lampoonery and the GT thing was on that. I've got no idea if they kept it in though. Let me know :)

Thanks, Ilmeister!

• TripSkyway 19 Jan 2007 04:50:32 2,584 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sorry, my wording of the online guide was a little off. It's actually the manual for the system software (which you can see online).

• Dirtbox 19 Jan 2007 04:52:27 77,483 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Doesn't matter, it gets the point across.

I'll put it right.

Edited by Dirtbox at 04:53:03 19-01-2007

• tonynibbles 19 Jan 2007 09:38:47 2,247 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    A: The PSP connects to the 60gbs wireless adapter, and let's you use Remote Play and some of the dashboard features like music, video files (not Blue Ray/DVD) and the friends list. Also some games use it for extra functionality such as GT Hi-def which allows you to use it as a rear view mirror.

Has anyone actually done this on GTHD?!

At E3 they demoed it on F1... Does this work on the demo I have at home.
  • SierraJulietGolf 19 Jan 2007 10:35:18 11 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    Plugged the US PS3 in to Europe power last night. 120V 50Hz plugged into 230/240V. Works great, except for slight electric discharge off of the metal disc loader included with the 60G version. Not sure what this means, something to worry about? The fact that it turned on without frying the power supply immediately and is still running is a positive sign.

Video
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=00yEe0qfcOs
  • dudewheresmybrain 19 Jan 2007 12:20:00 657 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    tonynibbles wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    A: The PSP connects to the 60gbs wireless adapter, and let's you use Remote Play and some of the dashboard features like music, video files (not Blue Ray/DVD) and the friends list. Also some games use it for extra functionality such as GT Hi-def which allows you to use it as a rear view mirror.

Has anyone actually done this on GTHD?!

At E3 they demoed it on F1... Does this work on the demo I have at home.

i also heard about this being in f1, it was on gamespots "on the spot" show last week or the week before that, i also heard it was now only a feature included in the jap version and not the rest!!! (also on the gamespot show) it is a mega cool feature though the psp triggers are a bit gay if you control racers that way
  • pacrifice 19 Jan 2007 13:07:32 1,042 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Q. Can I connect a Keyboard and Mouse to a PS3?
    A. Yes via USB.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=24574700076&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=106150

Btw, that's my review at the top. Not some random shit found through ebuyer.
  • m0th3rfunk3r 19 Jan 2007 14:32:14 464 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dudewheresmybrain wrote:
    I HAVE A JAP ONE AND IT CENSORS ALL THE BLOOD OUT, NOTE THAT HONKG KONG IS A DIFFERENT REIGON TO JAPAN AND SO MAY NOT BE CENSORED

and the makers of resistance confirmed this was the case to another forum member and gave him a special save game to get around it why would they bother if it wasnt true

Edited by dudewheresmybrain at 22:20:21 18-01-2007

..... The japanese model is no different to any model of ps3 out there.......

The difference lies in the software version of the code you are running.....

IE if its a japanese game there is no blood, if its a yank version there is blood.

Its in the software itself, not the console......... It would be impossible to make a console that knows what blood is and handles it differently to any other form non discript graphic....

The parental control in the Jap, EU, Hong Kong and American versions are all the same, do the same things and are applied the same way. The problem with no blood lies as previously stated in the regional software code.

Christ...... I just dont get how people can think that the Japanese model is built to a different specification than any of the others to include the "no blood chip"

retarded.
  • m0th3rfunk3r 19 Jan 2007 14:34:43 464 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    oh and before anyone starts banging on about how I am wrong.... let me reiterate....

I have a Japanese Model bought from a supplier in Hong kong

I have a Resistance fall of man - US VERSION

I have Blood in game

I am online using a jap console with a US home address with a UK billing address.

edit - Added the US version part

Edited by m0th3rfunk3r at 14:41:13 19-01-2007
  • Dirtbox 19 Jan 2007 14:35:53 77,483 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Actually, no it isn't impossible. The blood and gore code can be tagged so it doesn't work if say, parental control is activated.

But yeah, I'm more inclined to agree it's the software, even though any version can be forced to show blood if you use the US save.

• m0th3rfunk3r 19 Jan 2007 14:39:16 464 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Japanese Model PS3 is Region 1 same as US and Canada

EU is region 2

and beyond that I dont care......

There is NO NTSC / PAL coding on High Definition (HD OR BR) DVD disks regardless of whether it is region 1, 2 ,3 etc

NTSC and PAL refers to the display format of the DISK. NTSC being 30 FPS (more or less) with X resolution lines

PAL being 25 FPS (5 or so less than NTSC) with X (note: more than NTSC) resolution lines

The Jap PS3 plays NTSC - J Region 2 DVD
    The Yank version plays NTSC - U Region 1 DVD

• m0th3rfunk3r 19 Jan 2007 14:43:04 464 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:

more inclined to agree it's the software, .

what do you mean MORE inclined to agree....... either you think its hardware restricted or software incoded.....

if you think its hardware restricted I reiterate.... you are an idiot

when I say hardare restricted I mean the no blood chip not parental setting which just refers to the tagging of certain graphical files.

Used in the same way that parental controls on a DVD or satellite receiver work..... the broadcaster sets out tagging the individual programs and the reciever blocks the content depending on what the control is set too.....

but 1 box in comparison to another box is no different in the physical hardware design........

As previously stated before the bypass occurs because the US save file overrides the japanese software code. Its all in the regional software coding

Germany for example has different software regional coding compared to the UK.

In germany the same thing applies as to japan. No blood in games and the use of the NAZI symbols are to be restricted also.

This doesnt mean that a German bought PS3 is in any way different to a UK bought PS3.

http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/entry1187.html

*heh, the no blood chip* - retarded.

Edited by m0th3rfunk3r at 14:50:53 19-01-2007
  • Dirtbox 19 Jan 2007 14:46:46 77,483 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think you'll find I was agreeing with you.

Buy a dictionary if you have to, but the next time you call me an idiot, I'm going to hire someone to kill you.

• m0th3rfunk3r 19 Jan 2007 14:53:35 464 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I think you'll find I was agreeing with you.

Buy a dictionary if you have to, but the next time you call me an idiot, I'm going to hire someone to kill you.

dude I wasnt calling you an idiot..... I was calling people that thought there was a magical device an idiot.....

heres an extract from the article

Germany is amongst the most draconian of countries when it comes to video game censorship laws already. In 2003, following another school shooting, the law was amended to ensure that games published in Germany had a lower level of violence than European or American versions.

Indeed, Counter Strike itself falls under this law and unlike the game that I have played here in the UK, if you play within German borders there is no blood to be seen gushing from bullet holes when wounded, there are no victims collapsing – they fade away instead.
    So the whole immersion in graphic representations of violence drives real world action theory would seem to be, if you will excuse the analogy, blown away before we start. Quite how banning first person shooters, beat ‘em ups and the like will solve the problem of an increasingly violent culture is beyond me.
  • m0th3rfunk3r 19 Jan 2007 14:55:01 464 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ashed wrote:
    LOL. Perhaps motherfunker and rodpad should have a discussion about the difference between 50hz and 60hz game conversions. ^_^

Edited by ashed at 14:50:29 19-01-2007

I dont know who this rodpad is but he sounds like an idiot if he thinks that the fundamental deveopment of the game engine is any different between the two.
  • Dirtbox 19 Jan 2007 14:56:35 77,483 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    We know all about that artical, it bears no relation to the problem that was raised. I don't own a PS3, nor do I want to so I can only go by what people have told me.

Several people told me to change it to what it currently is, so the entry will remain as is unless someone can find an official word on the situation.

• m0th3rfunk3r 19 Jan 2007 14:59:05 464 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    We know all about that artical, it bears no relation to the problem that was raised. I don't own a PS3, nor do I want to so I can only go by what people have told me.

Several people told me to change it to what it currently is, so the entry will remain as is unless someone can find an official word on the situation.

nleh I really couldnt care less at this point now..... Im bored with the whole blood, no blood thing..... if people want to be retarded and wait for someone to come down and tell them the situation instead of just using common sense thats up to them..... thats up to them......

attempting to teach monkeys is hard work
  • Dirtbox 19 Jan 2007 15:08:28 77,483 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You're bored? I never cared about it either way.

• josh2007 19 Jan 2007 15:57:49 57 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    You're bored? I never cared about it either way.
  • josh2007 19 Jan 2007 15:58:58 57 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dirtbox, What does the psp do if you link it with the psp? What would u recomend getting, 360 or ps3?
  • Blerk Moderator 19 Jan 2007 16:03:13 48,225 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This should be good! :-D
  • mankell 19 Jan 2007 16:46:32 718 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    josh2007 wrote:
    Dirtbox, What does the psp do if you link it with the psp? What would u recomend getting, 360 or ps3?

I think he would recommend you getting acquainted with this thread

linky

because that's probably more his speciality.
  • Dirtbox 19 Jan 2007 16:50:06 77,483 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    josh2007 wrote:
    As ALREADY MENTIONED in the first post, the PSP does several things if you link it with the PS3, none of which are really worth bothering with.

Regarding which to get out of the 360 and the PS3, I would have to say neither.

• stevo7790 19 Jan 2007 17:42:13 233 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    er... what does the psp do when connected to a psp lol.. er... you can play a friend at a game maybe?
  • Page

of 120 First / Last