• Page

of 48 First / Last

• captbirdseye 8 Jan 2007 14:56:05 5,139 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    Lutz wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    You get charged under that law and it's all published.
    Is it? I've never seen it.

What I'm getting at is not quite down to what you're facing here, but people often get confused as to what their rights are when it comes to refunds etc.

It's all over the shop in notices, even the smallprint is on every notice. The seal cannot be broken, you must have the receipt etc.

Nothing about original credit card.

But that is common sense surely?

Thats like saying i cant have a shit in that toilet because it doesnt say anywhere in writing that i can?

/not sure if thats right, but did in my head.

Edited by captbirdseye at 14:58:03 08-01-2007
  • woodnotes 8 Jan 2007 14:56:22 4,935 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:
    If you are so sure you're right then write to game head office and argue your case.

The customer in most cases is hardly ever right.

Letter is in the post...

You're making an absolute FOOL out of yourself, you really are.

• deem 8 Jan 2007 14:57:34 31,641 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 14:57:43 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    woodnotes wrote:
    When I used at Game (before I got a proper job) it was policy to ONLY refund to the same card. This was back in 2002.

This is to PREVENT FRAUD and all shops do it or should do it because it's the law.

Why? Because someone could easily mug you, steal your shitty Wii game and recipt in the bag, then go to a store somewhere else in the country, claim they don't have the card on them and that they just want the cash.

So stop blaming Game and use your brain.

Tell me...be honest...how was this so called 'policy' communicated? In writing? The store manage could NOT show me any such policy. Believe me, the amount of grief he got he would have shown me the policy if he had one.

Incidentally, it's not 'the law' you just made that up.
  • TheSaint 8 Jan 2007 14:58:11 14,634 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:
    If you are so sure you're right then write to game head office and argue your case.

The customer in most cases is hardly ever right.

Letter is in the post...

In the mean time maybe you will find this useful it is from the banking code website...

Banking for mentally incapacitated customers
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 14:58:26 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    Lutz wrote:
    Tell you what, I'll murder someone, and then when I get arrested, I'll tell the police to piss off UNLESS they can show me the actual law that forbids me killing someone...

O_o

Anyone with half a brain cell can see why they wouldn't do it.

No, they could and would if necessary in court.

Actually, there is no law against murder.

It's all just done on legal precedent.

I'd dig it out, but it's off topic and I can't be arsed.
  • Huntcjna 8 Jan 2007 14:59:28 13,877 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    I was more than happy with the Game manager producing this policy, but he couldn't...because it doesn't fucking exist.

Show me the policy, I'd have left it right there.

Its not the stores policy, its the Banking Code Standards policy and its NATIONAL LAW. Shouting at someone in game and throwing your dummy out isn't something that can help you.
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 14:59:29 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:

What I'm getting at is not quite down to what you're facing here, but people often get confused as to what their rights are when it comes to refunds etc.

There was no reason why they couldn't, when provided with the card details, refund it to the original card holder.
  • darrenb 8 Jan 2007 15:00:42 684 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you work for a bank you should know that one reason this isnt allowed is to stop people getting cash advances on their credit card at a lower rate of interest..

I think we had better stop before we all look stupud.. We "might" all be wrong and the jaffa boy right!!!
  • captbirdseye 8 Jan 2007 15:00:58 5,139 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    Lutz wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:

There was no reason why they couldn't, when provided with the card details, refund it to the original card holder.

Over the phone, lol.
  • woodnotes 8 Jan 2007 15:01:21 4,935 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    woodnotes wrote:
    When I used at Game (before I got a proper job) it was policy to ONLY refund to the same card. This was back in 2002.

This is to PREVENT FRAUD and all shops do it or should do it because it's the law.

Why? Because someone could easily mug you, steal your shitty Wii game and recipt in the bag, then go to a store somewhere else in the country, claim they don't have the card on them and that they just want the cash.

Tell me...be honest...how was this so called 'policy' communicated? In writing? The store manage could NOT show me any such policy. Believe me, the amount of grief he got he would have shown me the policy if he had one.

It is the law. It was communicated in the training and was in the training manual which I got a silver badge for which attached to my staff badge.

It *IS* in the training manuals but the manager could blatantly not be arsed digging one out to sort your blithering out when every retail and online store has to conform to the exact same policy. People like you really piss people like me off because you think you know it all but you know absolutely nothing. And even when 2,000 people tell you to lie down, you just won't. People like you generally have no friends though.
  • Stickman 8 Jan 2007 15:02:02 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I reckon this has got to be a wind-up. Seriously, has to be. Doesn't it?

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• TheSaint 8 Jan 2007 15:02:21 14,634 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    Lutz wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:

And when it came down to it you could just have accepted vouchers . Your brother had already paid for the overpriced game so you could easily have swapped it for a different one. What this comes down to is that you wanted money not a game.
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:02:29 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:

I say again
  • captbirdseye 8 Jan 2007 15:02:45 5,139 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    woodnotes wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    woodnotes wrote:

It is the law. It was communicated in the training and was in the training manual which I got a silver badge for which attached to my staff badge.

It *IS* in the training manuals but the manager could blatantly not be arsed digging one out to sort your blithering out when every retail and online store has to conform to the exact same policy. People like you really piss people like me off because you think you know it all but you know absolutely nothing. And even when 2,000 people tell you to lie down, you just won't. People like you generally have no friends though.

Dam, that was harsh he has no mates :S.
  • woodnotes 8 Jan 2007 15:03:14 4,935 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    Stickman wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    Lutz wrote:
    Tell you what, I'll murder someone, and then when I get arrested, I'll tell the police to piss off UNLESS they can show me the actual law that forbids me killing someone...

O_o

Anyone with half a brain cell can see why they wouldn't do it.

No, they could and would if necessary in court.

Actually, there is no law against murder.

It's all just done on legal precedent.

I'd dig it out, but it's off topic and I can't be arsed.

..which is exactly what the Game store manager thought when you turned up without your original method of payment and started blithering on at him as if it was their fault.
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:03:29 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darrenb wrote:
    If you work for a bank you should know that one reason this isnt allowed is to stop people getting cash advances on their credit card at a lower rate of interest..

I think we had better stop before we all look stupud.. We "might" all be wrong and the jaffa boy right!!!

We were trying to refund the original card, get with the plot.
  • captbirdseye 8 Jan 2007 15:03:36 5,139 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:

I say again

i double say again, OVER THE PHONE LOL, OVER THE PHONE LOL.
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:04:41 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    [Over the phone, lol.

And no doubt credit card transactions over the phone are illegal now too? Apart from the fact millions of pounds are transacted this way every day.
  • Deleted user 8 January 2007 15:05:27
    So what would you have done if it had been refunded to your brother's card? Asked him for the money? Something else?
  • captbirdseye 8 Jan 2007 15:05:58 5,139 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    [Over the phone, lol.

And no doubt credit card transactions over the phone are illegal now too? Apart from the fact millions of pounds are transacted this way every day.

No you are trying to get a REFUND OVER THE PHONE mate. When some could have easily stolen that wallet.
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:06:28 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:

I say again

i double say again, OVER THE PHONE LOL, OVER THE PHONE LOL.

And I'll say again, there's no rules against using a credit card over the phone.
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:07:21 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    boabg wrote:
    So what would you have done if it had been refunded to your brother's card? Asked him for the money? Something else?
    Yes, he was going to send me the cash by internet banking.

This being the idea we came up with when offered no alternative by the store.
  • woodnotes 8 Jan 2007 15:08:04 4,935 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:

I say again

hehe, you're changing your story now, this doesn't tie in with your first complaint in the first post. actually, they have to have proof that they've 'witnessed' the card.

If you don't believe me, get this. To get a refund to your card these days, you have to enter your PIN. Before, you had to sign.

This doesn't apply to online stores because they store the original transaction and address details in a database.
  • captbirdseye 8 Jan 2007 15:08:16 5,139 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    jaffacake, seriously, what is you do at the bank? Because if you think refunding money onto a card over the phone where the company are not protected by distance selling regs, nor have any proof who they are speaking to is in anyway not "iffy" from a credit card company point of view, I really worry.

Maybe he works here click
  • JimJam 8 Jan 2007 15:08:35 769 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Speaking personally I've either been given store credit, or bee offered an exchange if I didn't want a refund. I've always had refunds credited back to the original card. I don't know if it's law or nationwide policy, just my general experience of taking stuff back.
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:08:46 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    [Over the phone, lol.

No you are trying to get a REFUND OVER THE PHONE mate. When some could have easily stolen that wallet.

Do you read what you've written before you hit submit?

What benefit, to anybody, could there be in refunding to a stolen card? It's not like the thief it paying the bill.

/ill thought out arguments ftl
  • woodnotes 8 Jan 2007 15:09:50 4,935 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    [Over the phone, lol.

Do you read what you've written before you hit submit?

What benefit, to anybody, could there be in refunding to a stolen card? It's not like the thief it paying the bill.

/ill thought out arguments ftl

RETAIL STORES DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE TO TAKE CARD PAYMENTS OVER THE PHONE YOU DUMBF*CK NEVER MIND REFUNDS

ahhhh vent over

Edited by woodnotes at 15:10:20 08-01-2007
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:10:24 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    jaffacake, seriously, what is you do at the bank? Because if you think refunding money onto a card over the phone where the company are not protected by distance selling regs, nor have any proof who they are speaking to is in anyway not "iffy" from a credit card company point of view, I really worry.

Refunding a previously fully authenticated transaction over the phone is not an issue, it happens every day on EPDQ systems.
  • Fat-Boy 8 Jan 2007 15:10:39 4,300 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wow, Jaffa really knows how to reel you geeks in, doesn't he!
  • Page

of 48 First / Last