Game - New bunch of c***s Page 44

  • Page

    of 47 First / Last

  • PhoenixFlames 30 May 2014 09:26:54 9,012 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sickpuppysoftware wrote:
    I got that email.

    Good luck with that, Game. Sadly I don't think I'll be buying shares in a company that dies and then manages to rise again as an even worse company like some sort of shit-phoenix.
    Hey! Less of the shit-phoenix!

    PSN - phoenix1flames

  • gang_of_bitches 30 May 2014 09:29:30 5,607 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    wayneh wrote:
    @SomaticSense They are not ripping anyone off, no-one is forcing you to buy from there or trade your games in there. People do because it is convienient to take old games in and walk out with the latest shiney without the hassle of listing on ebay and posting etc but they are paying for the convienince with poor trade in values and high new prices. But it is all 'YOUR OWN CHOICE' and people have decided it is acceptable because they keep on doing it.
    But it is ripping people off. So what if it's "YOUR OWN CHOICE" whether to go with them or not.

    Since when did the term 'rip-off' start being solely used to describe products people are forced to buy?
    Nearly a month late but how do you feel about Amazon and co. ripping of the government (and as the government is essentially an extension of the people you) by lying about how much of their operation is conducted in the UK? With anything even vaguely resembling a level playing field Game's prices wouldn't seem so out of line.

    Having said that high street entertainment retail as I learnt through 4 head office redundancies is a dead business model.
  • Kichijoten 30 May 2014 10:10:17 1,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Just went in a local one.

    Xbox 360 game prices.

    Watch dogs 49.99
    Titanfall 44.99
    Wolfenstien 44.99
    Ass creed black flag 44.99
    Stick of truth 39.99

    Etc etc.

    Mental.
  • TenderChicken 30 May 2014 10:13:55 1,144 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    With the trade-ins, just pull up a price of everything you're trading from CEX on your phone and get them to price match. They even add an extra quid on too.
    I'd just like to highlight the experience I had doing this earlier in the week. I decided to trade the great Wolfenstein (PS4) in for Watch Dogs, now, I know I'm paying a few pounds more getting Watch Dogs from GAME, but being able to trade in directly against it is less hassle than selling it privately. They offer me 20. 20 for a game just over a week old!

    I lol and show them CEX's trade in price on my phone, which was 38. The manager looked at it and pretty unapologetically said that they wouldn't be price-matching that. This is despite the fact CEX is about a hundred metres away and I've done the same thing with a lot of games before.

    I don't think I'll be going back; especially when I can pick up Watch Dogs for 6 less in a supermarket.

    PSN: TenderChicken
    Xbox Live: TenderChicken1

  • Trendyninja 30 May 2014 10:47:47 118 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's not the GAME in Stockport by any chance is it?
  • TenderChicken 30 May 2014 10:53:27 1,144 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trendyninja wrote:
    That's not the GAME in Stockport by any chance is it?
    Nope, have you had a similar experience? This was Edinburgh.

    Edited by TenderChicken at 10:53:33 30-05-2014

    PSN: TenderChicken
    Xbox Live: TenderChicken1

  • killersrquiet 30 May 2014 11:18:05 2,009 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TenderChicken wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    With the trade-ins, just pull up a price of everything you're trading from CEX on your phone and get them to price match. They even add an extra quid on too.
    I'd just like to highlight the experience I had doing this earlier in the week. I decided to trade the great Wolfenstein (PS4) in for Watch Dogs, now, I know I'm paying a few pounds more getting Watch Dogs from GAME, but being able to trade in directly against it is less hassle than selling it privately. They offer me 20. 20 for a game just over a week old!

    I lol and show them CEX's trade in price on my phone, which was 38. The manager looked at it and pretty unapologetically said that they wouldn't be price-matching that. This is despite the fact CEX is about a hundred metres away and I've done the same thing with a lot of games before.

    I don't think I'll be going back; especially when I can pick up Watch Dogs for 6 less in a supermarket.
    You should have shown him the price match promise on the GAME website. The sooner GAME disappear the better.
  • TenderChicken 30 May 2014 11:23:07 1,144 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    TenderChicken wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    With the trade-ins, just pull up a price of everything you're trading from CEX on your phone and get them to price match. They even add an extra quid on too.
    I'd just like to highlight the experience I had doing this earlier in the week. I decided to trade the great Wolfenstein (PS4) in for Watch Dogs, now, I know I'm paying a few pounds more getting Watch Dogs from GAME, but being able to trade in directly against it is less hassle than selling it privately. They offer me 20. 20 for a game just over a week old!

    I lol and show them CEX's trade in price on my phone, which was 38. The manager looked at it and pretty unapologetically said that they wouldn't be price-matching that. This is despite the fact CEX is about a hundred metres away and I've done the same thing with a lot of games before.

    I don't think I'll be going back; especially when I can pick up Watch Dogs for 6 less in a supermarket.
    You should have shown him the price match promise on the GAME website. The sooner GAME disappear the better.
    It also says in the blurb that the manager's decision is final, unfortunately!

    PSN: TenderChicken
    Xbox Live: TenderChicken1

  • ashbinos 30 May 2014 11:23:34 10 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Mario Kart for 49.99...they really are vile piss taking rancid fuckers aren't they.
  • nickthegun 30 May 2014 11:26:51 59,971 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I genuinely cant remember the last time I bought anything from game.

    It might have been bulletstorm for a quid the last time they went down the pan.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • killersrquiet 30 May 2014 11:30:19 2,009 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @TenderChicken

    Ah... so its an officially listed promise that any manager can choose to ignore. I imagine they do that quite regularily as well.

    My policy is to not spend money in GAME. Regardless of amazon's shoddy approach to tax they are much better company to deal with.
  • Deckard1 30 May 2014 11:30:22 28,038 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ashbinos wrote:
    Mario Kart for 49.99...they really are vile piss taking rancid fuckers aren't they.
    No they're a business. If people buy it that price then they're going to sell it at that price.
  • Trendyninja 30 May 2014 11:37:08 118 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @TenderChicken

    Yeah mate, the exact same and funnily enough CEX is about 100m away from GAME lol
  • AceGrace 30 May 2014 11:37:57 1,111 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kichijoten wrote:
    Just went in a local one.

    Xbox 360 game prices.

    Watch dogs 49.99
    Titanfall 44.99
    Wolfenstien 44.99
    Ass creed black flag 44.99
    Stick of truth 39.99

    Etc etc.

    Mental.
    I got stick of truth in Game last week for 22.99. Must have been a bank holiday sale.

    Edited by AceGrace at 11:39:29 30-05-2014
  • TenderChicken 30 May 2014 11:40:23 1,144 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    @TenderChicken

    Ah... so its an officially listed promise that any manager can choose to ignore. I imagine they do that quite regularily as well.

    My policy is to not spend money in GAME. Regardless of amazon's shoddy approach to tax they are much better company to deal with.
    Yeah I'm done with them I think. I have a bit of a soft spot for the company having worked for Gamestation for a bit a couple of years ago when I was at Uni, but the company has just become awful in pretty much every conceivable way. It's an overpriced den of pressure-selling and freaks.

    PSN: TenderChicken
    Xbox Live: TenderChicken1

  • ashbinos 30 May 2014 13:04:41 10 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    ashbinos wrote:
    Mario Kart for 49.99...they really are vile piss taking rancid fuckers aren't they.
    No they're a business. If people buy it that price then they're going to sell it at that price.
    They are chancers simple as.

    Any business that chooses to inflate their prices well over the RRP are quite plainly quick buck merchants who have zero respect for their customers.
  • gang_of_bitches 30 May 2014 13:08:00 5,607 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ashbinos wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    ashbinos wrote:
    Mario Kart for 49.99...they really are vile piss taking rancid fuckers aren't they.
    No they're a business. If people buy it that price then they're going to sell it at that price.
    They are chancers simple as.

    Any business that chooses to inflate their prices well over the RRP are quite plainly quick buck merchants who have zero respect for their customers.
    Ahem. Like these chancers
  • ashbinos 30 May 2014 13:19:32 10 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    ^ good point, well made. :)
  • FatSternKikwi 30 May 2014 13:20:02 564 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah the RRP for most games is 49.99

    But most decent store ignore that.
  • FuzzyDuck 30 May 2014 13:25:57 4,145 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pah, ye lot don't know how easy ye have it.

    Gamestop Ireland currently charging 75 (which is a cool 61.02) for PS4/X1 version of Watch Dogs!
  • gang_of_bitches 30 May 2014 13:30:35 5,607 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FatSternKikwi wrote:
    Yeah the RRP for most games is 49.99

    But most decent store ignore that.
    Those decent stores often also ignore local tax laws, stocking a decent range of titles that aren't best sellers and any kind of customer service.

    Not that I'm defending Game or any other retailer, as I said high street entertainment retail is a dead business model, but their circumstances do mean they operate in a different way.

    Also as soon as you're in the hands of private equity you're constantly pressurised to deliver either margin or sales or both, for some reason I could never quite fathom actual profit rarely came into it.
  • dazcox5181 9 Jun 2014 09:33:11 297 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bought code for tomodanchi life.. No code all they can do is refund! I don't want my money in 3-4 days I want the fucking code

    http://gizmodad.co.uk

  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Jun 2014 20:22:54 25,915 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone else randomly get an email today saying they'd won some "Virtual Shares"?

    Have I unintentionally joined some weird GAME pyramid scheme?
  • Globalmeltdown 9 Jun 2014 20:27:14 87 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Anyone else randomly get an email today saying they'd won some "Virtual Shares"?

    Have I unintentionally joined some weird GAME pyramid scheme?
    Apparently they are floating on the stock exchange and have rewarded loyal customers with some shares!!
  • caligari 9 Jun 2014 20:32:19 17,057 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    AceGrace wrote:
    Kichijoten wrote:
    Just went in a local one.

    Xbox 360 game prices.

    Watch dogs 49.99
    Titanfall 44.99
    Wolfenstien 44.99
    Ass creed black flag 44.99
    Stick of truth 39.99

    Etc etc.

    Mental.
    I got stick of truth in Game last week for 22.99. Must have been a bank holiday sale.
    Hah, me too! Of course I ended up being fobbed off with a slightly cheaper pubeless pre-owned version as they couldn't find any sealed new versions.

    It was the first purchase that I've made in Game for - well - 10 years.

    The staff (in the Norwich branch at least) all seemed very friendly and helpful - but there was an undercurrent of 'Apple-store-brain-washed-overly-enthusiastic-about-everything-fuckery' which made me feel a little uneasy. It almost made me pine for the BO misery of the (now defunct) Gamestation store.
  • Carlo 9 Jun 2014 20:39:25 18,063 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Pah, ye lot don't know how easy ye have it.

    Gamestop Ireland currently charging 75 (which is a cool 61.02) for PS4/X1 version of Watch Dogs!
    My watchdog dedsec edition on PS4 was less* than that :p

    *87 with a standard 10 off anything over 75, then another 20 of points I'd accumulated.

    Ended up being 57.

    I'm not mentioning this to troll. I'm simply pointing out just how displaced Game prices are to superstores. Even without the points gained by shopping (game have points, but you simply won't gather enough of them like you would by just doing your shopping) their potential discounts and 'final price' is far lower, whereas Game just seem happy to quote RRP as some sort of justification for the huge margins they're taking.

    PSN ID: Djini

  • FuzzyDuck 15 Jun 2014 21:20:50 4,145 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ^ I'm kinda confused; are you on about Game or Gamestop? :)

    Anyway, cancelled my preorder on The Last Of Us in Gamestop Ireland today (I should point out, this is the bricks n' mortar variety), asking another 74.99.

    Fuck that.
  • Matt36 3 Jul 2014 19:30:18 1,368 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    GAME Metro Centre are trying to get me to pay 20 for the pre-order of the Far Cry 4: Ultimate Kyrat Edition.

    Its 7.99 to pre-order on Uplay. Does Uplay take the full price there and then? If so, whats the point in having a 7.99 pre-order cost?

    IF it is just 7.99, I've just made GAME's twitter look like idiots & rip off merchants.
  • superbob85 3 Jul 2014 19:34:28 2,062 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    The lady in my local game the other day tried getting me to pre-order games getting released in 2015. Are you sure?
  • LegendaryApe 4 Jul 2014 16:28:56 351 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck

    Still a bit expensive, but it's 50 now at the minute, likely to be it's final price. A lot of prices on the list of available titles to oreorder in Gamestop are placeholders. Still expensive.

    My favourite word is Fuzwuzzle, screamed into the cold night air.

  • Page

    of 47 First / Last

Log in or register to reply