@FatSternKikwi I dont see specific deals for most of them but

3 = duel shock (dualshock)
    4 = NBA 2K Four Teen (NBA 2K14)
    5 = Murdered Sole Suspect (Murdered Soul Suspect) - 5 off EASTEREGG7
    6 = Wolf Einstein (Woflenstein: The new order - 5 off EASTEREGG1
  • Matt36 22 Apr 2014 16:07:03 1,348 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They gave me a voucher for 50 off a XBOX ONE the other day.
  • PazJohnMitch 22 Apr 2014 16:22:47 7,965 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I assume even with that discount it was still more in GAME than online?
  • wayneh 22 Apr 2014 16:24:56 2,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    On Saturday a lady was buying a new DS4 which Game has got marked up for 59.99!!! Because she had recently bought a PS4 the manager got the price down to 49.99 for her which she obviously thought was a great deal until he turned around to get one off the shelf and I casually showed her my phone with Amazons price of 43.99. The manager wasn't too impressed when she told him not to bother quoting the Amazon price, the assistant who was serving me couldn't stop grinning. She told me after he was out of earshot he's been upsetting the staff a lot recently and she couldn't wait to find a better job :)

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• killersrquiet 22 Apr 2014 16:35:18 1,935 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    wayneh wrote:
    On Saturday a lady was buying a new DS4 which Game has got marked up for 59.99!!! Because she had recently bought a PS4 the manager got the price down to 49.99 for her which she obviously thought was a great deal until he turned around to get one off the shelf and I casually showed her my phone with Amazons price of 43.99. The manager wasn't too impressed when she told him not to bother quoting the Amazon price, the assistant who was serving me couldn't stop grinning. She told me after he was out of earshot he's been upsetting the staff a lot recently and she couldn't wait to find a better job :)
    Haha priceless.
  • thelzdking 2 May 2014 15:10:19 4,359 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh God! Recently I went into a branch of Game for the first time in a very long time and it was a grim experience. The staff, of which there seemed far too many for a quite small shop, looked like lobotomised orang-utans, albeit friendly ones. The place looked half-empty, with little in the way of stock. The customers were either fat, chavvy mothers buying their fat, chavvy kids shite like Skylanders, or the worst kind of greasy nerds. The whole place stank of BO.

I'm never going back.
  • Ultrasoundwave 2 May 2014 19:55:21 3,278 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I also went into Game today for the first time in a while - not surprised AT ALL to find them charging 49.99 for Spider-Man 2, 54.99 for Knack and 46.99 for Trials Fusion.

Also, they offered me 7 for Trials Fusion and 9 for Thief on trade-in (PS4 versions) and they were selling the pre-owned copies for 39.99.

I can guarantee that it won't be long before they go bust.....again.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Raiko101 3 May 2014 11:07:41 6,181 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The prices are ridiculous. I don't know how they justify them, but they're just not worth it from a consumer point of view. It was exactly the issue before they went bust and it'll be the same reason it happens again. Its a shame because there will be plenty of decent guys out of a job when it happens. All because of poor management and greed.

Edited by Raiko101 at 11:10:08 03-05-2014

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• captainrentboy 4 May 2014 03:20:35 976 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trials is 31.99, like it is in a lot of high street places, and trades in for fuck all because half of that initial value is made up by the digital code inside. (which is obviously useless to the next owner)
    No their prices aren't always great, but there's no need to totally make them up either. :/
  • Ultrasoundwave 4 May 2014 08:52:56 3,278 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Congratulations - you picked the one price that, I admit, I did get wrong. Massive, massive apologies.

Would you care to explain the other prices I mentioned, which I DID mange to remember correctly. 54.99 for Knack is particularly interesting to me......

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• killersrquiet 4 May 2014 10:30:39 1,935 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave

That's progress. Knack and killzone were 59.99 at Xmas:-)
  • SomaticSense 4 May 2014 11:10:39 8,132 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There needs to be legislation to stop them offering such insanely insulting differences between the price they offer the seller, and the massive mark up when it arrives on the shelf.

It's been happening for too long now.
  • wayneh 4 May 2014 13:09:25 2,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There is no need for legislation. Game is not a monopoly there is plenty of competition out there, it's up to consumers to decide what is an acceptable price. If you think they are over-priced then shop elsewhere and eventually if enough people do this Game will have to adapt or go out of business....again....

EDIT: This also includes the price when you trade in, you don't have to accept their offer there are others ways to sell on a game when you are finished with it.

Edited by wayneh at 13:12:29 04-05-2014

• Ranger_Ryu 4 May 2014 13:30:11 1,046 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave

that's strange just checked their trade in price checker and they say they're offering 16 trade in store.........I think they somehow put it through as the PS3 version (no idea how they managed that)
  • McEwan 4 May 2014 13:31:29 288 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    wayneh wrote:
    There is no need for legislation. Game is not a monopoly there is plenty of competition out there, it's up to consumers to decide what is an acceptable price. If you think they are over-priced then shop elsewhere and eventually if enough people do this Game will have to adapt or go out of business....again....

EDIT: This also includes the price when you trade in, you don't have to accept their offer there are others ways to sell on a game when you are finished with it.
    This is indeed true.
  • Wolves1877 4 May 2014 14:13:05 387 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    I also went into Game today for the first time in a while - not surprised AT ALL to find them charging 49.99 for Spider-Man 2, 54.99 for Knack and 46.99 for Trials Fusion.

Also, they offered me 7 for Trials Fusion and 9 for Thief on trade-in (PS4 versions) and they were selling the pre-owned copies for 39.99.

I can guarantee that it won't be long before they go bust.....again.
    I paid 32 for my Trials Fusion (PS4) Deluxe edition from Game.

• SomaticSense 4 May 2014 14:35:54 8,132 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    wayneh wrote:

Hasn't stopped them doing it for... ooh, forever now has it? Attempts to rip-off consumers are still attempts to rip-off consumers, whether they are successful in doing so or not.

In fact , because they've repeatedly stated they 'have' to do this in order to keep afloat financially, there is an argument that potential customers might get even more unfair quotes should fewer people get suckered by it. Ideals aren't always the reality.

Edited by SomaticSense at 14:36:34 04-05-2014
  • wayneh 4 May 2014 14:44:30 2,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @SomaticSense They are not ripping anyone off, no-one is forcing you to buy from there or trade your games in there. People do because it is convienient to take old games in and walk out with the latest shiney without the hassle of listing on ebay and posting etc but they are paying for the convienince with poor trade in values and high new prices. But it is all 'YOUR OWN CHOICE' and people have decided it is acceptable because they keep on doing it.

• superbob85 4 May 2014 14:56:31 1,786 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    What I dont get is their inconsistant pricing nearly put them out of business last year. Every time I walk in there I can spot straight away just how out of place their pricing system is. I suppose it's my own fault for going in there.
  • TarickStonefire 4 May 2014 15:05:46 2,979 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    superbob85 wrote:
    What I dont get is their inconsistant pricing nearly put them out of business last year. Every time I walk in there I can spot straight away just how out of place their pricing system is. I suppose it's my own fault for going in there.
    Who took them on? Presumably whoever it is knows so little about the market that they think GAME's original problem was having too many stores open, and that actually people are desperate to pay way over the going price, they were just crippled by indecision as to which GAME shop to patronise before. Now their choice is so limited it'll be rich pickings!

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• superbob85 4 May 2014 15:09:41 1,786 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    To be honest I have no idea but whoever it is needs to sort it out. I only really shop online I pop in every now and again to see the new releases. The people working there obviously know nothing anout games it gets quite embarrasing when you hear them trying to advise.

Edited by superbob85 at 15:10:12 04-05-2014

Edited by superbob85 at 15:11:17 04-05-2014
  • SomaticSense 4 May 2014 16:06:28 8,132 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    wayneh wrote:
    @SomaticSense They are not ripping anyone off, no-one is forcing you to buy from there or trade your games in there. People do because it is convienient to take old games in and walk out with the latest shiney without the hassle of listing on ebay and posting etc but they are paying for the convienince with poor trade in values and high new prices. But it is all 'YOUR OWN CHOICE' and people have decided it is acceptable because they keep on doing it.
    But it is ripping people off. So what if it's "YOUR OWN CHOICE" whether to go with them or not.

Since when did the term 'rip-off' start being solely used to describe products people are forced to buy?

Edited by SomaticSense at 16:07:10 04-05-2014
  • superbob85 4 May 2014 16:09:21 1,786 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Agreed.
  • wayneh 4 May 2014 17:30:05 2,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Because when there is choice you cannot rip someone off unless you are being dishonest. They are not being dishonest in any way, they are not selling defective products and passing them off as fully working, yes they are cnuts with their pricing structure but you do not have to give them your business.
    I hate Game as much as the next person but I exercise my choice by not paying their inflated prices or trading in games for next to nothing. But for older pre-owned games they give me another choice, like when my daughter wanted Oblivion for the 360 and they had a pre-owned GOTY edition for 5.

• ElNino9 4 May 2014 19:12:14 13,323 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    With the trade-ins, just pull up a price of everything you're trading from CEX on your phone and get them to price match. They even add an extra quid on too.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• PazJohnMitch 4 May 2014 19:35:54 7,965 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    But only if there is a Cex next door.
  • Zomoniac 19 May 2014 18:32:24 7,821 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They're going public again. Probably to cash in now and minimise their personal loss when they crash and burn again.
  • sickpuppysoftware 19 May 2014 21:15:43 1,324 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I got that email.

Good luck with that, Game. Sadly I don't think I'll be buying shares in a company that dies and then manages to rise again as an even worse company like some sort of shit-phoenix.

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• Matt36 27 May 2014 16:59:11 1,348 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Their online store is selling off old pre-owned titles for 1 - 1.50 a game. Some decent titles. Free P+P. And you can use any points on your card too.

Just bought 3 titles for 4.50, then took 1.45 off the final price. Quite happy.
  • Nades 30 May 2014 09:13:16 1,177 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    wayneh wrote:
    Haha, nice one mate.

Liverpool FC

• Page

of 46 First / Last