Game - New bunch of c***s Page 5

• Page

of 48 First / Last

• Huntcjna 8 Jan 2007 15:25:46 13,877 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Your talking absolute shite Jaffa if I could be arsed I would pull the new money laundering regulations from my archive file and piss all over your proverbial bonfire but it seems quite simple to me that you just wouldn't grasp the concept.
  • Deleted user 8 January 2007 15:26:33
    This is thr reason I'm glad you can't delete your own (selfpwning) threads anymore.
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:27:50 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mike_Hunt wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    woodnotes wrote:
    RETAIL STORES DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE TO TAKE CARD PAYMENTS OVER THE PHONE YOU DUMBF*CK NEVER MIND REFUNDS

ahhhh vent over

Edited by woodnotes at 15:10:20 08-01-2007

They do it all the time. It's often used to take deposits over the phone etc.

A florist is a perfect example of a retailer that takes phone payments all day ever day. "Cardholder not present" is what the receipt says, when they press the button...
    How the hell does the GAME numpty know that your brothers card is the original purchase card anyway?! On the receipt the details will be masked out, so your brother going "Honest guv, it was my card and here's the details..." is hardly a valid method of verification, is it?

[MH]

Indeed, if the last 4 digits had matched my card it would have gone through anyway.

Shows how much they don't care for the mythical policies that nobody can produce.
  • deem 8 Jan 2007 15:28:10 31,641 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:28:42 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    Furbs wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    Refunding a previously fully authenticated transaction over the phone is not an issue, it happens every day on EPDQ systems.
    Errr...the fact that Game and EVERY SINGLE OTHER POSTER ON THIS THREAD has said it is an issue kind of says it is.

Hows that call to Trading Standards going?

Not required, I got it refunded elsewhere...that wasn't so fussy.

So a bit pointless writting that letter to Game head office then?

I feel so dirty defending game but for once it seems they were right.

I still have the software and a receipit. I'm still their customer...unfortunately.
  • deem 8 Jan 2007 15:29:41 31,641 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:29:45 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    Your talking absolute shite Jaffa if I could be arsed I would pull the new money laundering regulations from my archive file and piss all over your proverbial bonfire but it seems quite simple to me that you just wouldn't grasp the concept.

i wish somebody would...
  • Huntcjna 8 Jan 2007 15:30:00 13,877 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    I still have the software and a receipit. I'm still their customer...unfortunately.

Except your not their customer because you didn't buy the software someone else did.
  • TheSaint 8 Jan 2007 15:30:58 14,835 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:

Except your not their customer because you didn't buy the software someone else did.

And you no longer have the software as you got it refunded somewhere else.
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:31:00 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    deem wrote:
    Mike_Hunt wrote:
    No but thanks to a combination of chip-and-pin and new anti-fraud regulations retailers are increasingly warey of, what is called "Cardholder not present" transactions. If they don't have the physical card in front of them and don't collect a PIN number from the customer - and a fraud results because of this it is now the retailer who is out of pocket rather than the bank/financial institution. Which explains why they weren't willing to authorise the refund over the phone to a mystery voice.

Only refunding to the original card and not cash is not an anti-fraud solution endorsed by not only the financial institutions but retailers alike in order to protect everyone associated with a transaction (retailer, bank and customer). Think about it - you nick a credit card, go and buy a 2000 plasma TV, what's that worth down the pub? 150 if you're lucky?! If this system weren't in place card fraud would be rife because criminals would steal cards, purchase expensive goods, return them and they get cash in their back pocket. That there... is the sole reason for this WORLDWIDE EVERY SINGLE RETAILER policy.

The reason it's not specified everywhere is because it's common *fucking* knowledge, almost every numpty knows about it so what's the point in plastering adverts everywhere? You know you have to enter your PIN into a cash machine before it gives you cash don't you?! There's no warning that state "cash only given if correct PIN known" is there? No because a certain level of intelligence is assumed. Of course you can't take into account every individual - some aren't as savvy as others, the kinds that struggle working out which doors need to be pushed and which need to be pulled, but like I said, they've got to start the assumed intelligence level somewhere.

Of course you could ignore this valid explanation of the legal reasons why your request was declined and shout "But my brother was on the PHHHHOOOOOONNNNEE!!!" one more time. It won't stop you being horribly wrong though.

Oh and you stating that you work for a bank is extremely concerning.

[MH]

Quoted, again as for some bizarre reason, jaffa seems to have completely missed it.

Edited by deem at 15:28:30 08-01-2007

I didn't miss it. Again, it's not backed up by any links to the regulations so it could be another myth.
  • deem 8 Jan 2007 15:31:29 31,641 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:31:31 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    deem wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    Not required, I got it refunded elsewhere...that wasn't so fussy.

No you didn't.

No, I did...
  • Huntcjna 8 Jan 2007 15:31:53 13,877 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    READ ME
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:32:06 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Huntcjna wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:

And you no longer have the software as you got it refunded somewhere else.

I was bought it twice, that was the original issue...get with the plot.
  • Mike_Hunt 8 Jan 2007 15:32:18 23,526 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    Mike_Hunt wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    woodnotes wrote:
    RETAIL STORES DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE TO TAKE CARD PAYMENTS OVER THE PHONE YOU DUMBF*CK NEVER MIND REFUNDS

ahhhh vent over

Edited by woodnotes at 15:10:20 08-01-2007

They do it all the time. It's often used to take deposits over the phone etc.

A florist is a perfect example of a retailer that takes phone payments all day ever day. "Cardholder not present" is what the receipt says, when they press the button...
    How the hell does the GAME numpty know that your brothers card is the original purchase card anyway?! On the receipt the details will be masked out, so your brother going "Honest guv, it was my card and here's the details..." is hardly a valid method of verification, is it?

[MH]

Indeed, if the last 4 digits had matched my card it would have gone through anyway.

Shows how much they don't care for the mythical policies that nobody can produce.
    Way to ignore my first post.

Was it too technical? You appear to be struggling to understand it. For what it's worth, I do worth for a large financial institution. I have had money laundering training. In fact I *give* money laundering training and I'm responsible for Information Security, Fraud and Moneylaundering and all associated consultancy, training and prosecution.

But yeah, you're right these regulations are totally mythical.

/awaits Jaffa's "I don't believe in gravity" thread.

[MH]

• Stickman 8 Jan 2007 15:33:06 29,664 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    I reckon this has got to be a wind-up. Seriously, has to be. Doesn't it?

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 15:33:43 986 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    READ ME

I was trying to get it refunded to the original card, not cash. I understand the cash argument, but there was no reason why they couldn't credit the original card.
  • Whizzo 8 Jan 2007 15:34:11 43,375 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mike_Hunt wrote:Think about it - you nick a credit card, go and buy a 2000 plasma TV, what's that worth down the pub? 150 if you're lucky?! If this system weren't in place card fraud would be rife because criminals would steal cards, purchase expensive goods, return them and they get cash in their back pocket.
    That would also be a form of money laundering in action too, rather than dirty cash it's dirty credit cards.

This space left intentionally blank.

• TheSaint 8 Jan 2007 15:34:31 14,835 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    READ ME

Snookered
  • Shinzou 8 Jan 2007 15:34:39 887 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted at 15:58:59 08-01-2007
  • repairmanjack 8 Jan 2007 15:35:05 6,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake?
    jaffacake?
    banker man?
  • TheSaint 8 Jan 2007 15:35:33 14,835 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    Huntcjna wrote:
    READ ME

I was trying to get it refunded to the original card, not cash. I understand the cash argument, but there was no reason why they couldn't credit the original card.

Please just admit you were wrong then at least people may have a shred of respect for you.
  • JayPee 8 Jan 2007 15:35:57 1,490 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mike_Hunt wrote:

/awaits Jaffa's "I don't believe in gravity" thread.

[MH]

Already covered
  • PiD 8 Jan 2007 15:37:13 3,566 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This thread has brightened my day.. This and the Vanguard key thread :D

Ahh.
  • Deleted user 8 January 2007 15:37:16
    Mike_Hunt wrote:
    For what it's worth, I do worth for a large financial institution. I have had money laundering training. In fact I *give* money laundering training and I'm responsible for Information Security, Fraud and Moneylaundering and all associated consultancy, training and prosecution.

[MH]

I'm impressed!
  • TheSaint 8 Jan 2007 15:37:36 14,835 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hopefully the lack of reply is because he has gone back to Game to apologise for being an idiot.
  • Mike_Hunt 8 Jan 2007 15:37:58 23,526 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    I didn't miss it. Again, it's not backed up by any links to the regulations so it could be another myth.
    Uh-huh, uh-huh. I've got better things to do thank look up what subsection it falls under. Especially if you can't even grasp this very simple solution which prevents

a) Thieves turning stolen cards into 1000s rather than 100s

and

b) Prevents major money laundering (you know what this is right, as you've had the training) by stopping criminals turning dirty money (on their cards) into clean money (cash) with little to no trace.

"Hmm... I'll buy a Merc for 30,000 using money obtained through drug related crime and paying on my credit card. Actually, no it's not the car for me, I'll have a refund please, actually I'll take that in untracable notes. Whythankyou... have a good day."

That's why it doesn't happen. God, I think even my keyboard understands this now.

Jaffa - Living proof that Denile isn't just a river in Egypt.

[MH]
  • Whizzo 8 Jan 2007 15:38:32 43,375 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    boabg wrote:I'm impressed!
    Don't be, his physics skills suck! ;-)

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 8 January 2007 15:39:35
    Whizzo wrote:
    boabg wrote:I'm impressed!
    Don't be, his physics skills suck! ;-)

hehe :)
  • TheSaint 8 Jan 2007 15:39:58 14,835 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jaffacake do you have a Shetland pony with a sign round it's neck saying 'single again'?
  • Page

of 48 First / Last